Super Smash Bros. 4

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Super Smash Bros. 4

Post  Raya on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:58 pm

I'm not sure what to make of Mewtwo being a buyable special character. On one hand I'm glad he's back as he was the character I mained in Melee, and since he was dropped I was stuck with Lucario as the closest replacement. On the other, this smacks as just a cash-grab to try and boost the terrible WiiU sales. I hope this isn't the start of a slippery DLC slope, where eventually the game will have 10 characters and everyone else is DLC.

Smashy B wrote:Raya, I'm also trying to master Robin. Coincidentally, they put my FE:A-created Robin in Smash with the blue hair. :B

And coincidentally they put my blonde haired female Robin in too Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:59 pm

Look at Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors or even further back at like Fire Emblem Awakening. Nintendo is already full into the dlc game, they've been pretty reasonable with it so far though. Mario Kart for $8 you get 4 characters, 4 vehicles and 8 tracks,, the characters and karts aren't much but 8 tracks is a 25% increase in the number of tracks if the base game. You can also get a bundle of the two packs for $12 which is actually crazy fair as dlc goes, 16 new tracks for $12, well that's the american prices I think we're all paying a bit more in the rest of the world but still. Hyrule Warriors is less good value for money but still a pretty decent amount of stuff and notable among it the 3 villains who weren't playable characters at launch but they'd wanted to be were released as a free patch alongside the first paid dlc rather than being made part of it. Hell Fire Emblem was probably the worst dlc Nintendo's ever done, and it was one of the first so they seem to be getting better over time if anything.
Mewtwo doesn't reek so much as a cash grab to me as, Mewtwo was next on the list of character they wanted to add but he wasn't going to be finished in time. Every Smash Bros game has had characters they wanted to add but had to drop for time, Mewtwo in particular was supposedly one in Smash 64 and of all the cut character files found in the code of Brawl Mewtwo was one of the ones with the most work done before being dropped, apparently even having some recorded voice acting for him. Selling the character is probably just how they're justifying continuing to work on a character past the game going gold, and I'm totally fine with that, as long as the pricing isn't completely ludicrous I'm excited to see more.
As you pointed out, dlc's a problem when you're cutting off pieces of the base game to sell to you later, but Nintendo's showing no signs of doing that yet and when dlc is just adding more to a complete game even if it is for a price I'm all for it.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:08 pm

Gotta echo Weldar here; Sm4sh is looking like a very well-rounded, complete game already.  At this stage I view any DLC as an entirely welcome bonus. 

Has it been confirmed Mewtwo is purchasable, independent of buying both games?

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:54 am

Q wrote:Gotta echo Weldar here; Sm4sh is looking like a very well-rounded, complete game already.  At this stage I view any DLC as an entirely welcome bonus. 

Has it been confirmed Mewtwo is purchasable, independent of buying both games?

No confirmation as of yet, but I can't imagine them not allowing it.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:43 am

Totally a biased opinion because I'm a Street Fighter fan, but I love Ryu's appearance in this game.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:58 pm

SonGopaul wrote:Totally a biased opinion because I'm a Street Fighter fan, but I love Ryu's appearance in this game.

I'm honestly surprised he wasn't a launch character. Then again, the cynical side of me thinks it's solely to make a hell of a lot of money out of DLC...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:25 am

Its probably because another Capcom character was already in the game in Mega Man. Back with Brawl they said they're try to stick to only one 3rd party per company and while they've obviously gone back on that having one Capcom character already probably meant a second wasn't high on the priority list for release and I can see why they went with Mega Man over Ryu.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:25 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top