Super Smash Bros. 4

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Super Smash Bros. 4

Post  Avalanche on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:38 am

barda_ehmos ♏ wrote:now, i can say ... SONIC !! :3

Neat.

I suppose a second game deal was to be expected with him now being a wiiu only character, but nice to see it comfirmed.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:07 pm

All is right with the world now.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:47 am

I was honestly more excited by the stages in that video than anything. Sonic was down there with Yoshi and Diddy Kong was my as characters I could just never get into and his return was pretty much certain. Snake is the 3rd party I'm uncertain about. But hey Pilotwings gets a stage, that's cool I guess.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:06 am

ffs I don't care about Sonic, just tell me Snake is making a return please D:...

I'm with Weldar. The only things interesting about that video were the stages

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Disagree; interesting thing in that video is Sonic being in SSB4.

OPINIONS!!!!

I do hope Sega allows them to remix more music though, the Angel Island remix was awesome, but that was it.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Relmitos wrote:Disagree; interesting thing in that video is Sonic being in SSB4.

OPINIONS!!!!

I do hope Sega allows them to remix more music though, the Angel Island remix was awesome, but that was it.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Toon Link disappoints me, there are already 3 LoZ characters. They could cut Toon Link out for an actual new character.

I am going to be real pissed if they still have Falco and Wolf and they are still too similar to Fox. (Make your argument about Wolf not being a clone it is still too close for me in my opinion.)

Ganondorf better have a different moveset instead of being a heavy hitting Captain Falcon.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:16 pm

I hope sonic is good. I'm not really a fan but I feel like as a character, someone who is REALLY FAST but has no real range or reach is always a fun addition to a fighting game roster, and a fun type of character to play and master.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:03 pm

Meh. Are they trying to get me excited with a character from Brawl being in this game and being gameplay-wise exactly the same character as he was in Brawl?
Every returning character takes a spot from a new character, because the roster is apparently not going to be bigger than in Brawl. And so far the ratio of new characters to old ones isn't looking exceptionally good.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:41 am

So male wii-fit trainer is a thing. Alternate costumes for more characters? I can hope.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:37 am

King Avalanche wrote:So male wii-fit trainer is a thing. Alternate costumes for more characters? I can hope.
Praying for "Masked Marth" alternate for, well, Marth, also Dr. Mario. :U

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:59 am

Speaking of Marth, he's confirmed.

http://www.smashbros.com/en-au/characters/marth.html

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:05 am

Ah damnit. Ninja'd. Hoped on a more exciting new character reveal but I am glad my main returns. I am curious what the second fire emblem character will be, if there will be one at all. Safe money is still on Chrom.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:19 am

YES! YES!

Now if Captain Falcon returns then I will be satisfied.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:59 am

I'm waiting for Ganondorf. All my love to Nintendo if he's not a clone (though I kind of expect him to be).

Still, yeah, like Marth wasn't going to be in smash bros. Didn't he debut there Razz (i'm sorry)

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:45 pm

Dammit, another generation of getting my ass kicked by Stuart *shakes fist*

Agreeing with Av, the second character has got to be Chrom. It can't be Lucina since Marth is in the game (though identical movesets never stopped Nintendo before...) and they can't very well use Ike again after how popular Awakening proved to be. My money's all on Chrom, with Lucina being an alternate skin for Marth.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Chrom fits the pattern of having Marth and the most recent lord, and there's already been an awakening stage shown for 3DS, he's by far the safest bet. I'd be very happy with a Masked "Marth" skin too.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:21 pm

I get the feeling they are purposefully doing all of the flatter, expected reveals now so that they can spike the hype before release. But Marth is big news, he's always had a fun playstyle.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:53 am

http://www.p4rgaming.com/masahiro-sakurai-on-developing-smash-bros-4-killing-myself-would-be-the-cowards-way-out/

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:11 pm

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/rosetta.html

Confirmed for smash4. She looks fun.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:39 am

Fucking finally. She looks amazing and is one of the better new Mario characters in years, so yeah. Well deserved.
Although you kind of have to wonder if the Mario series really needed more Smash Bros. characters, considering that in Brawl they already took one fourth of the roster.
Also, them showing Ridley's battle stage from Other M but not confirming if he's a stage hazard or still a viable playable character is making me want to storm Sakurai's office and take no prisoners.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:37 am

Ridley's not been seen but we did have a daily screenshot that was just a close up of a nice big hole in the wall that looks just perfect for Ridley to fly out of, complete with Sakurai wondering what's in there. It's not 100% but I'd be willing to bet he's just hazard.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:33 pm

I am completely underwhelmed by this. Aside from being another generic princess, I'm starting to wonder why they don't just rename this game Mario Beat-em-up-U. Yes I appreciate Mario is Nintendo's biggest cash cow, but it's not like they've got hundreds of other licenses or anything...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Raya wrote:I am completely underwhelmed by this. Aside from being another generic princess, I'm starting to wonder why they don't just rename this game Mario Beat-em-up-U. Yes I appreciate Mario is Nintendo's biggest cash cow, but it's not like they've got hundreds of other licenses or anything...
Mario characters (including DK and Diddy) account for less than 25% of the full roster in Brawl so naming it that for the new Smash wouldn't make any sense. And the newest IP of theirs is still Pikmin... I like the addition of Rosalina and Luma just because of how they presented the dynamic of the duo. Looks like they'll be a unique fighteing team and not just an Ice Climbers rip-off. I'd like to see Ridley playable, but who would you like to see added? Vaati? More Pokemon? Inb4 Chrom, though I'd like that to happen too. I'm also not averse to having Bowser Jr. be a playable character too.

Edit: Just remembered Lil' Mac, Issac, and Saki. Those would be good additions.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Smash Bros considers Donkey Kong, Wario and Yoshi their own franchises, Yoshi's a little questionable but DK and Wario are well established enough for their own games for that to count I'd say. If you count all 4 of them Mario has 8 in Brawl, but while you can make the case for Wario and Yoshi DK and Diddy are most definitely far enough removed to not be Mario Characters, counting all of the pokemon trainer's pokemon seperarately Pokemon ties it with 6, and both games were only taking up 4 slots with characters officially listed as that franchise.

With this game we've got the old 4 announced from Mario (and like they were going to be cut) and one new representative announced. It's a sizeable percentage of the characters shown so far, but that's probably just them front loading the Mario characters, the final roster is probably going to be larger than Brawl's and I'd expect at most one or two for Mario characters in it, if even that 5/40+ is fine.

As for just a generic princess, in original design maybe but in gameplay she looks like the most interesting character they've shown by far, definitely the one I'm most interested in trying. She looks like a halfway point between Olimar and Ice Climbers, the Luma comes in different colours, which one would assume have different properites, and seem to be replaceable? But they copy her attacks rather than just being a part of them like the Pikmin, but she seems to have some neat gravity/magic stuff going on outside of that.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:22 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top