Post  Relmitos on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:21 pm

Ready to do shadow whip, thief things!

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dark Before The Dawn- setup thread

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:56 pm

I'm so down for this you don't even know. That said I'm definitely going to rewrite my application

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NewRadiantFalcon on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:09 pm

Hell, I'm in too. I love Forum RPs, as my last persona stated. I think this'll be fun.

NewRadiantFalcon
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:27 pm

RECAP! Since apparently Av forgot or didn't read Razz

Our heroes had travelled to the Isle of Bones, the legendary dragon's graveyard, to locate the missing royal family of Mousillon, the von Carsteins. The intention was to find the royals and restore them back to their fallen kingdom so they could fight back against the Nameless Army. It transpired that the royals had been captured by a band of cultists, and were being blackmailed into using their necromantic powers to resurrect their dark dragon god. It also transpired that the von Carsteins were vampires. After a fight the party saved the royals, but found that their crew had mutinied and stranded them on the Isle. The von Carsteins reanimated a dragon skeleton and used it to transport themselves and the party to Mousillon. When we last left the party, the power had ran out of their ride, and now they were setting off on foot through the cursed province to Sylvania, the elf kingdom.

I'm really thrilled you guys want to restart the RP, I really am. Can we get a show of hands on who's wanting to be active players? I'm going to have to start making arrangements for people becoming NPCs or written out of the narrative for now.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:11 pm

I'm so excited. I've literally been waiting for this for like, a sixth of my life (was asking about joining this in the Summer of 2012). I was going to wait until after Game 30 to post this thing proper, but I couldn't help myself
Character Application:
:

Name: Ken, "Kentastic", THe Magician's Adviser, TMA, MAd, Etc

Race: Too Human

Appearance: Kentastic is moderately chubby standing at 5’11 with long dark brown/black hair. His outfit consists of a black vest with more pockets than he’ll ever actually use, a dark green undershirt with sleeves just up to the elbows, a pair of black pants made of a fabric that resembles denim, but is actually closer to some sort of synthesized bark. This bark is hard and coarse on the outside, but is actually supremely soft on the inside. The pants are super itchy in extreme temperatures. Ken also wears a “Jotaro” cap (as pictured below) that his brother gave him for Christmas, partially because he likes the cap and it looks good on him, but also as a reminder of everything waiting for him back home, if getting home is even an option.

Sick Ass Cap:
]img(350px,450px)]http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah4/Ken_Petersen/20160131_0953031_zps1qoqt0cg.jpg[/img]

Preferred weapon:  Ken carries a yo-yo that he plays with for leisure, but playing Earthbound might have lead him to believe that he might be able to use it as a weapon if self defense were necessary, but we all know how that’s going to end…or do we? In either case, when things fall to fisticuffs, Ken’s first instinct is bear hug (unless the opponent is spiky, or hot, or icky, or anything implicitly unpleasant)

Abilities: Ken woke up to this world with a link to a new friend. A spherical plush individual of a vaguely beige hue, with simple shapes for arms and legs. It doesn’t seem to talk much, but The Magician’s Adviser remembered its name to be Argyle (where he learned this initially he has no idea).  Argyle is an eidolon, a mystical entity that “summoners” can form bonds with to access obscene magical power. Argyle is special though, in that it’s completely pathetic compared to  the more commonly contracted beings like Wukong or Shiva, and that Ken seems to be the only one who can access it. At the present, Argyle is only capable of a spell called “Happy Faces”, which increases the target’s “silliness” stat. However, Argyle is strengthened by the bonds formed by its summoner. For example, if Ken spent an extended period of time chilling with Q and getting his ass beat at Chess, then Argyle might learn a spell that weakens an enemy’s resistance to ice magic, or even gain access to a weakened version of one of Q’s own spells. Likewise, Argyle’s support spells become more effective on individuals with whom Ken has formed a bond. While Argyle’s existence proves that Ken may, theoretically be able to call upon other eidolons in the future, but the more powerful the eidolon, the more taxing they are to summon and the less likely they are to play nice. Ken initially gets winded just from having Argyle out longer than a couple of hours, let alone putting invisible clown noses on people, so summoning destroyers of worlds might have to wait.

Personality: Ken is an optimist, and trusting to a fault. He’s also a bit of a coward, and his belief in the sanctity of life would have him choosing compassion over justice when it may be objectively wrong to do so. He also despises confrontation, and is more likely to seethe and vent to a third party than actually confront someone whom he feels has wronged him. He also apologizes a lot by force of habit, to the point of getting on a lot of people’s nerves. Also, seriously, all of the fucking puns

Misc: As an additional note, Argyle’s appearance and is also influenced by Ken’s bonds. Using Q for another example, a friendship with him might give Argyle a more pointed top with a semisphere capping it off to resemble a bishop piece from Chess.

Generally speaking, when a summoner forms a bond with an eidolon, they form a sympathetic link, meaning that when an eidolon takes a hit, their summoner feels it, and vice versa. Normally the eidolon has a hard enough hide that them taking a hit isn’t a big deal, but with Argyle being as fragile as he is, stabbing it may as well be stabbing Ken.

Last edited by The Magician's Adviser on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spoilered text near illegible)

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:54 pm

You know I'm in Smile I just want to emphasize that this should happen *after* 30, I don't want either of them to interfere with the other.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:48 pm

I'm also in, although I might make some tweaks to my character

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:44 pm

I'm game.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:13 pm

I'm in. I have to redeem my horrible previous posts. Also I may need to talk with raya at some point about my character, because I regret enough of my original design/earlier posts that I'm half tempted to strip down the existing stuff and core ideal and re-build it.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:03 pm

Of course I'm in.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:40 am

Read the recap and I'm in. No need to change my character because disgruntled, wildly-out-of-his-element white mage is a lot of fun to play.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:53 am

Your character's fine Mad, I like that Argyle can adapt based on the other party members. Funnily enough I considered playing a summoner myself Razz Just try not to go too overboard with the silliness, 'kay?

NewRadiantFalcon wrote:Hell, I'm in too. I love Forum RPs, as my last persona stated. I think this'll be fun.

Great to have you Rad, submit your character Smile

For the first post I'll get us to a camp/inn, so people can sort things out with their characters and everyone can get up to speed. If you're wanting to make any changes, or just want to discuss things, please let me know!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:37 pm

So I'm probably going to get the RP restarted in the next few days. I did want to wait until after G30, but that's not happening anytime soon and I didn't want the enthusiasm to die before it even got started.

Again, if you've got anything you want to discuss with me regarding your character before we kick off, let me know.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrotrap on Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:41 pm

Uhh... I've never been in a forum rp before, what exactly do you do?  I might want to join if it's not too late, so I make up a character application while thinking about it.

Edit: Still not sure about this, but I at least had fun making a character:

Character Application:
Name: Connor, Pyrotrap

Race: Draconian (Humanoid Dragon)

Appearance: Lean figure.  Deep maroon-red scales.  Glowing orange lizard-like eyes.  Two short horns above where the ears would be.  Pair of wings jutting out from back.  Wears a simple black robe with red trims.  (I'm not much of an artist but I might try to draw a picture later.)

Preferred Weapon: Prefers using Tomes as the conduit through which to cast magic.  For the occasional times when forced into melee combat will use claws (not the natural claws but the bladed gauntlet type ones).

Abilities: When Connor woke up in this strange land he was in the dark and cold.  Probably something to do with the lack of body heat due to suddenly being a reptilian.  As soon as Connor wished for the coldness and dark to go away a fire came into existence warming him up and illuminating the cavern that surrounded him.  While making his way out of the cave, Connor discovered he had some innate magical ability that allowed him to conjure and manipulate fire.  He learned how to use this ability in combat, fending off wild beasts as he made his way to (wherever he needs to be for the story).  He believes that as he improves his ability he may gain control over other magical energies/elements, but will likely be the most comfortable with fire due to it being his starting power.

Personality: Somewhat quiet and calculating.  Likes to plan around various possibilities, which sometimes leads to over complicating things, especially in social scenarios.  Is sometimes poor at remembering things he was told to do by other people, usually if it's something that needs to be done later or at some currently indeterminate time.  But has a fairly great memory for things he reads or studies.

Misc: Not-really-that-secret goal.  Connor would be really interested in studying his magical ability or any history of magic in the realm.

Pyrotrap
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Pyrotrap wrote:Uhh... I've never been in a forum rp before, what exactly do you do?  I might want to join if it's not too late, so I make up a character application while thinking about it.

It's basically collaborative storytelling. Someone writes part of the story, another continues it. I occasionally dump big plot posts. Say for instance the party get attacked by bandits. What does your character do? Is he first into the fray? Does he hold back and see what the others will do? Does he hide under the wagon? You just write about what your character is doing in that particular scene and go back and forth with the other players. It's a lot of fun.

Here's a boss fight (right after my big plot post Razz) which basically shows what it's about.

Your character gets a thumb-up from me Pyro. It'll raise some interesting questions as a) true dragons are extinct and b) the Guardians that seem to have had a hand in the party being here look like draconic humanoids. Hmm, I need to do some more worldbuilding methinks Smile

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrotrap on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:33 pm

Cool, sound like it will be fun. Razz
I'll probably read through a bit more of that battle later, and I'm kinda glad to be a unique character.
Although, since we're suppose to be our actually selves suddenly in this fantasy world, how does that work for me when most people "entered" the word before I met them on the forums? Interesting for me to think about right now, I'll probably also want to read some of the beginning to see how people acted as they wound up in the world/story.

Pyrotrap
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:16 pm

Question: Does anyone remember which player's souls I've eaten?

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:47 pm

TJ's and Weldar's, but nobody knows about the latter.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:16 am

Also the guy who kickstarted your soul absorbing powers, but he was an NPC.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:29 pm

Pyrotrap wrote:
Although, since we're suppose to be our actually selves suddenly in this fantasy world, how does that work for me when most people "entered" the word before I met them on the forums?  Interesting for me to think about right now, I'll probably also want to read some of the beginning to see how people acted as they wound up in the world/story.

In all fairness, the RP works on a sliding timeline anyway; everyone got sucked into this world a few weeks before whatever the current time is. Technically speaking, it's still 2010 in Dragnia, but we overlook that Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:33 pm

TD260 wrote:Also the guy who kickstarted your soul absorbing powers, but he was an NPC.

That was Damian, head of the Leknaat resistance, and a personal friend of mine whom I backstabbed in order to secure a position of power as Hierophant.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Quaetam wrote:
TD260 wrote:Also the guy who kickstarted your soul absorbing powers, but he was an NPC.

That was Damian, head of the Leknaat resistance, and a personal friend of mine whom I backstabbed in order to secure a position of power as Hierophant.

Geez, when you put it like that you sound like kind of a dick Razz

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:42 pm

The Magician's Adviser wrote: kind of a dick Razz

Isn't that how we describe everyone on this forum?

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:11 pm

The Magician's Adviser wrote:
Quaetam wrote:

Geez, when you put it like that you sound like kind of a dick Razz

We've literally had 5 thread pages worth of angst on this subject.  

Tl;dr of Quaetam/Hierophant's role thus far:

Spoiler:

Backstory / preDbtD:
> Q is a mage specializing in all forms of water enchantment - but has a deeper power that allows him to manipulate magic itself (ex. the counterspell).
> Showed up in Dragnia a few months before everyone else, but denied the prophecy and went on the run, managing an insane enchantment that severed the souls of a guard platoon from their bodies.
> Was trained in Mousillon by an archmage whose name I'll have to look up, but fled as the Nameless Army arrived and he was slaughtered.
> Joined the Resistance in Isharah, holy city of Leknaat, and quickly became its co-leader, but played both sides (worked with the High Council as well), leaving behind a significant bodycount.
> Was appointed Hierophant (advisor / negotiator) after I succeeded in bringing down the Resistance by backstabbing Damian.

Hierophant Saga:
> Party went after Hierophant and fought against me in a boss battle after I had TJ killed.   I killed Weldar and wounded several others, but surrendered when I realized who I was fighting.
> Plenty of character development (I became remorseful, etc.  Everyone was upset, etc.  Building of relationships and understanding as we mutually assessed why this happened.)
> Perry was kidnapped by Ashvald, corrupt High Justice and main opposition to my appointment to the Council.  
> Party infiltrated Ashvald's manor, took him down, saved Perry (he didn't really need the help Razz), and killed the Truth Demon, Shu'Sharradin.

Festival of Lights:
> Quaetam was offered the new High Justice seat but gave it to his healer, Markus, so he could go help the party unite the city-states.
> Sponsored an expedition out of the holy city, giving the party supplies.
> During the Festival, won Requiem several titles and deeds by swindling a bunch of drunk guys.
> Got us on a boat to the Dread Isle in Mousillon, to rescue the Royal Family in hiding.

The Dread Isle:
> Requiem and Omicron approached Quaetam, requesting to be trained in magic.  
> Q assessed Req is a wraith, and that by using magic, he is draining his own soul or the souls of others whose' power he has taken.
> The party split up on the isle; Q went with Ansem and Sah.  The island's mist was enchanted, and turned us against each other, before causing each of us to hallucinate and attempt to kill ourselves.
> (needs to be written, never got this post up): Q's vision entailed an endless duel against a Shade who forced Q to realize the futility of his efforts and the damage his attempt at redemption would cause the world and himself.  At the last moment he broke the illusion by accidentally tapping into Sahrimnir's mana (unlocking a previously unknown power) and creating a massive burst of holy light.
> Q, Sah, Ansem reunited with the party after the boss fight.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:43 pm

One more thing: a major subplot we've been growing (well, we were before the pause) was Req and Omicron taking some serious magic lessons from Quaetam. I think it should continue like that for a little bit, but it would be interesting if sometime in the future some of the other forumites get in on this. It's great development for everyone involved.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:35 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top