Dark Before The Dawn- setup thread

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Re: Dark Before The Dawn- setup thread

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:22 am

Since Q got us all a hot meal, am I allowed to eat at the table with you guys? Razz

I can retreat to somewehere else after we discussed things, though.
Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:46 pm

My post is going up tomorrow.  I have to finish my work tonight.  I have a major presentation to upper level management tomorrow at midday and can't really afford to blow it. (Requiem can attest to the fact that I haven't even written the finale to the SA mafia game that just ended a week ago for this reason Razz).

I should be able to focus on anything-not-work after the presentation though.  That includes this, first and foremost.
Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:25 pm

This is true. He still hasn't done it. *Flails About Impatiently*
Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue May 03, 2016 12:54 pm

Now let's see who amongst you has a good memory and has just gone OH SHIT at my post...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.
Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Return to the Ring

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Tue May 01, 2018 8:45 pm

In honor of the impending revival of this here RP, I'm just going to drop my revised character sheet here. Not too much has changed, cleaned up the language, corrected some facts, and clarified some "rules text"

Spoiler:
Name: Eliza, THe Magician's Adviser, TMA, MAd, Etc

Race:Human

Appearance: Eliza stands at roughly 5’11 (maybe 6’0, she’s never gotten a consistent measurement), with silky brown hair with auburn highlights that reaches well below her shoulders. The Magician’s Adviser generally prefers to wear form fitting clothing, but since she started working for Ramsey she’s defaulted to practical slacks, shirt and an apron. Tucked away in her tiny little quarters she has a trunk with an ornate set of kobi pink summoner’s robes, with a network of intermeshing lapis lazuli nordic runes and japanese kanji. Despite her predilection for more skin-tight attire, she does not currently have any such items.

Preferred weapon: Eliza carries a yo-yo that she plays with for leisure, but her sudden Isekai Boost gave her such an innate skill with the toy that she could feasibly use her yo-yo as a weapon like a whip or a flail. She also carries a plastic hair brush

Abilities: Eliza woke up to this world with a link to a new friend. A spherical plush individual of a vaguely beige hue, with simple shapes for arms and legs. It doesn’t seem to talk much, but The Magician’s Adviser remembered its name to be Argyle (where she learned this initially she has no idea). Argyle is an eidolon, a mystical entity that “summoners” can form bonds with to access obscene magical power. Argyle is special though, in that it’s completely pathetic compared to the more commonly contracted beings like Wukong or Shiva, and that Eliza seems to be the only one who can access it. At the present, Argyle is only capable of a spell called “Happy Faces”. Happy Faces gives the target an uncanny aura which causes observers to regard them with amusement or confusion as opposed to aggression. However, Argyle is strengthened by the bonds formed by its summoner. For example, if Eliza spent an extended period of time chilling with Q and getting her ass beat at Chess, then Argyle might learn a spell that weakens an enemy’s resistance to ice magic, or even gain access to a weakened version of one of Q’s own spells. Likewise, Argyle’s support spells become more effective on individuals with whom Eliza has formed a bond. While Argyle’s existence proves that Eliza may, theoretically be able to call upon other eidolons in the future, but most eidolons are more powerful and considerably less co-operative. Baby steps, after all.

Personality: Eliza is an optimist, and trusting to a fault. She’s also a bit of a coward, and her belief in the sanctity of life would have her choosing compassion over justice when it may be objectively wrong to do so. She also despises confrontation, and is more likely to seethe and vent to a third party than actually confront someone whom she feels has wronged her. She also apologizes a lot by force of habit, to the point of getting on a lot of people’s nerves. Also, seriously, all of the fucking puns. She can also be vain at times, having a severe prejudice against her own facial hair and pride in the hair on her head bordering on pathological

Misc: As an additional note, Argyle’s appearance and is also influenced by Eliza’s bonds. Using Q for another example, a friendship with him might give Argyle a more pointed top with a semi-sphere capping it off to resemble a bishop piece from Chess.

Generally speaking, when a summoner forms a bond with an eidolon, they form a sympathetic link, meaning that when an eidolon takes a hit, their summoner feels it, and vice versa. Normally the eidolon has a hard enough hide that them taking a hit isn’t a big deal, but with Argyle being as fragile as he is, stabbing it may as well be stabbing Eliza.
The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14