TWBB Mafia Game 20: Those who Challenge Fate-ENDGAME-A Kingdom Worth Living For (Thread 2)

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TWBB Mafia Game 20: Those who Challenge Fate-ENDGAME-A Kingdom Worth Living For (Thread 2)

Post  Quaetam on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:31 pm

PLACEHOLDER FOR THREADSPLIT!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Mafia Game 20. I am Quaetam, your host. This is the second TWBB Mafia All-Stars Round, closer of our second season, composed of roles taken from games 11-19, though there may certainly be surprises or two... Like its predecessor, Game 10, this is far from basic. However, understanding the basics is necessary for survival here, and reading the tutorial again (linked here) will help anyone who needs it come up to par. I think you’ve all played before though, so this should be fine.

IF you feel you need more backstory even after that opening post, reading over Game 10, the first All-Star round, or checking out the story summary in THIS post wouldn’t be a bad idea. That said, it’s not necessary to understand/play this game, and anyone who needs it could just as easily talk to me about it.

With that out of the way, here are the rules for Game 20

• Tied vote = No Lynch
• I will, as often as possible, soundtrack my flavor text! Click on sentences that are links to go to music you can listen to as you read!
No PMs. No outside contact, be it IRL, via Skype, or via Steam. Any talk outside the thread must be on approved private forums
The basic rules apply: No screenshots, no massclaiming.
Inactivity rules are as follows: First off, try not to be inactive. I’ve got a great setup here and I really want you all to enjoy it, but it’ll only work if you all play hard. Worst comes to worst, I’ll try to find subs, if I can’t, inactives will be first warned, then modkilled if they don’t respond in time.
• The dead cannot communicate, even amongst themselves. This is necessary for game balance purposes.
• Dayphases will last around 2 or 3 days. The normal phase shift time is 12 AM EST (midnight east coast USA, morning Europe, midday Australia) I’ll give countdowns and extensions whenever necessary, but expect me to stick right to the schedule as much as possible.
• Nightphases will last about 2 days, but will end early if everyone gets their actions in. As with the dayphase, if you don’t make the deadline at night your action will not be preformed.
• Given the multi-theme nature of this game, with some roles being based off people on this forum, whenever narration refers to an actual PLAYER in this game, it will be bolded, as opposed to characters in the fluff, which will stay normal.
• I've done my best to avoid making loopholes and to keep this game balanced, but due to its nature, expect a little retroactive moderating if necessary, so if you think something might be out of line, contact me first just in case. I don’t think this will be a concern, as it probably will not come up, but consider this rule a disclaimer.

Important Tip:

--> Even though many of you may have powers, do not rely on them too heavily: Your voice is your greatest strength. The more active everyone is in the thread, the stronger the town will be, this game especially. Do not be afraid to speak out. Instead, use in-thread discussion to determine where the lynch should fall. Everyone’s voice is equally valuable here, and by working together you expand your worth infinitely.

Meet the Players:
ALIVE: 4

1. TheTJ: JGH27, the Arisen Moderator. Alignment: Coalition
2. Requiem: Kyle, the Hierophant. Alignment: None
3. Avos Me Lardo: Kirby, the Cannibal. Alignment: Serial Killer
4. Minby_Aran: Queen Snake, Preacher off the Coalition. Alignment: Coalition
5. smashbro: Townie. Alignment: Town, and a Pawn
6. Weldar: Karkat Vantas. Alignment: Town
7. DarkFalco: Amaterasu. Alignment: Town, and a Pawn
8. Pineapple
9. Relmitos: Qod, The Ascendant Demon. Alignment: None
10. TD260: Fedaykin, the Usurper of Heaven. Alignment: Coalition
11. Warchamp7: SnakeInABox, the Evil Leader of Evil. Alignment: Evil League of Evil
12. StuckInABox
13. Sonix!: Professor Layton. Alignment: Town
14. Omicron Austin: Nepeta. Alignment: Town
15. SpoonMan Abrams X: Omicron Austin, the Great Arbiter. Alignment: Coalition
16. GreenArcher628: Natu. Alignment: Town
17. Fedaykin: Youngster Joey. Alignment: Avalanchian
18. JohnnyFarrar: Viero, the Minister of Green. Alignment: Avalanchian
19. SurgePox: Avalanche, the Forsaken King. Alignment: Avalanchian
20. Ansem
21. Eisenbeißer
22. Hekatommy Riagon: Spades Slick. Alignment: Avalanchian
23. DRTJR: Camilla. Alignment: Town
24. Sahrimnir: Picnicker Sova. Alignment: Town, and a Pawn
25. Raya: Vaporeon. Alignment: Town
26. King Avalanche: Spontaneous Combustion, the Mad King. Alignmenet: Avalanchia.
27. Hudsonboy111: Quaetman, the Superhero. Alignment: Avalanchia.
28. JGH27: Ice Climbers. Alignment: Town

Good luck…

THREAD 1: Game Start - Day 10 part 1

Day 1-Dawn - Sunday, June 17th, 4:27 PM to Tuesday, June 19, 4:00 PM
No lynch!

Night 1-Dissent - Tuesday, June 19, 4:00 PM to Thursday, June 21, 3:53 PM
Weldar was erased! He was Karkat! Alignment: Town

Day 2-Darkness - Thursday, June 21, 3:53 PM to Sunday, June 24, 1:17 AM
Avos was lynched! He was Kirby, the Cannibal! Alignment: Serial Killer

Night 2-Shadows - Sunday, June 24, 1:17 AM to Tuesday, June 26, 3:27 PM
Nobody died!

Day 3-Hope - Tuesday, June 26, 3:27 PM to Thursday, June 28, 11:59 PM
SnakeInABox was erased! He was Mario! Alignment: Town
GreenArcher was banned! She was Natu! Alignment: Town

Night 3-Legacy - Thursday, June 28, 11:59 PM to Sunday, July 1st, at 6:12 AM
Sahrimnir was killed! He was Picnicker Sova! Alignment: Town, and a Pawn!

Day 4-Heroes - Sunday, July 1st, 6:12 AM to Wednesday, July 5th, at 8:00 PM
Snake returned to life!
Sahrimnir was revived!

--------
Fedaykin was lynched! He was Youngster Joey! Alignment: Avalanchia!
Sahrimnir was lynched! He was Picnicker Sova! Alignment: Town, and a Pawn!

Night 4-Gambits - Wednesday, July 5th, 8:00 PM to Saturday, July 7th, at 5 PM
Smashbro was banned! He was a Townie! Alignment: Town, and a Pawn!

Day 5-Terrors - Saturday, July 7th, 5 PM to Tuesday, July 9th, 2:26 AM
JGH27 was banned! He was the Ice Climbers! Alignment: Town

Night 5-Abandonment - Tuesday, July 9th, 2:26 AM to Thursday, July 12th, 8:29 AM
Nobody died!

Day 6-Fate Asunder - Thursday, July 12th, 8:29 AM - Sunday, July 14th, 12:57 AM
DRTJR was killed! He was Camilla! Alignment: Town
--------
Requiem was killed! He was Kyle (Quaetam), the Hierophant! Alignment: None
DarkFalco was killed! She was Amaterasu! Alignment: Town, and a Pawn

--------
SpoonMan Abrams X was lynched! He was Omicron Austin, the Great Arbiter! Alignment: Coalition

Night 6-A Kingdom Alight - Sunday, July 15, 11:48 PM - Wednsday, July 18, 1:15 AM
Raya was killed! She was Vaporeon! Alignment: Town

Day 7-The Final Act - Wednesday, July 18, 1:15 AM - Friday, July 20, 12:00 AM
Weldar was a troll.
Quaetam had to slap a bitch!
--------
Warchamp7 was banned! He was SnakeInABox, the Evil Leader of Evil! Alignment: Evil League of Evil!

Night 7-Shadows Rising - Friday, July 20, 12:00 AM - Sunday, July 22, 3:19 PM
Nobody died!

Day 8-To Whom the World Belongs - Sunday, July 22, 3:19 PM - Wednesday, July 25, 7:06 PM
Camilla was killed! She was Growlithe! Alignment: Town
--------
SnakeInABox and td260 were trapped in a Dimensional Vortex!
--------
SurgePox was banned! He was Avalanche, the Forsaken King! Alignment: Avalanchia
td260 was sealed away! He was Fedaykin, the Usurper of Heaven! Alignment: Coalition

--------
The Coalition of Moderators has been overthrown!
The New Kingdom of Avalanchia has seized control!

Night 8-The God that Failed - Wednesday, July 25, 7:06 PM - Saturday, July 28, 11:16 PM
Relmitos has ascended to the top of the Bastion, and summoned the Tempest of the Void!

Day 9-The Eleventh Hour - Sunday, - Tuesday, July 31, 12:00 AM
Camilla was revived!
--------
Sonix was killed! He was Professor Layton! Alignment: Town!
--------
Minby_Aran was lynched! He was Queen Snake, Preacher of the Coalition! Alignment: Coalition!
Hudsonboy111 has gone to fight the Ascendant Demon! He is Quaetman, the Superhero! Alignment: Avalanchia!

Night 9-The Burning of the Skies
Part 1-Futility
--------
Part 2-The Heroes We're Supposed to Be
--------
Part 3-Of Those Who Fight
--------
Part 4-The Price of the Dawn
Relmitos was banished! He was Qod, the Ascendant Demon! Alignment: None
King Avalanche vanished! He was Spontaneous Combustion, the Mad King! Alignment: Avalanchia
Hudsonboy111 was erased! He was Quaetman, the Superhero! Alignment: Avalanchia

--------
Part 5-Sunrise
The New Kingdom of Avalanchia has been overthrown, and are now your enemies!
The Evil League of Evil has taken control of the Kingdom, and are no longer your foes!!

Day 10-The Blade that Scarred the World
TheTJ was lynched! He was JGH27, the Arisen Moderator. Alignment: Coalition

Night 10-A Fucking Army
Nobody was killed!

Day 11
Part 1-Full Circle
--------
Part 2-Courage
--------
Part 3-For Your Sins
JohnnyFarrar was lynched! He was Viero, Minister of Green. Alignment: Avalanchian
The New Kingdom of Avalanchia has been eliminated!

--------
Finale-A Kingdom Worth Living For

Postgame
Critical Game Mechanics
Town Roles pt.1
Town Roles pt.2
Avalanchian Roles
Coalition, Evil League of Evil Roles
Third Party Roles (including Ascendant Demon)
Conclusion Post
Extra Notes and Cut Roles

Last edited by Quaetam on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:14 pm; edited 8 times in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 20: Those who Challenge Fate-ENDGAME-A Kingdom Worth Living For (Thread 2)

Post  TheTJ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:37 pm

SO

IS

JOHNNY!!!!!!

GOD this is maddening. YOU HAVE TWO MAFIANS!!!!

The hell is wrong with you people? I give TONES of reasons why I should get ONE MORE NIGHT and If I'm not successful, THEN you can kill me. I AM IN NO WAY TRYING TO STOP THE TOWN FROM WINNING! I DO NOT WANT TO KILL A SINGLE TOWNIE!!!!!

Screw you guys. Seriously, I mean this sincerely. If you don't want me personally to win, then &^% say it. Don't say it's because I'm a mafian, because there's ONE RIGHT OVER THERE who doesn't stand a HOPE of becoming anything else. I do and you lot try to kill me.

WHEN I SWING THE TOWN IN MY FAVOR I STOP BEING MAFIA

I know you guys get this, so the ONLY possible reason left is that you have it out for me, personally. I haven't killed any townies, I've tried to vote to find the mafia, but no. Apparently I'm somehow WORSE than the towniekilling mafian who outed his own team.

So screw you guys.

I give up.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 20: Those who Challenge Fate-ENDGAME-A Kingdom Worth Living For (Thread 2)

Post  Warchamp7 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:39 pm

YES I AM GTFO!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:41 pm

I'm sorry but your reasoning is coming down to "you should vote for Johnny because I'd rather stay alive a day longer also because you like me better". At least, that's the impression I'm getting?

y u so mad tho

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:43 pm

And your reason is "You should die instead of Johnny because you're BOTH mafians."

I've yet to hear a single reason why I'm a BETTER lynch than him.

As a matter of fact, here's another reason I'm not.

I can win the game for the town faster.

See, If I die tonight, the town wins in 2 days. BUT If I hit the ELoE leader and swing the town the town could win in 1.5 days.

I AM DOING THE OPPOSITE OF HURTING THE TOWN.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:44 pm

TheTJ wrote:There's NO REASON I can think of to vote for me over Johnny specifically except out of spite or malice.

You said it yourself.

Also why are you assuming that if you kill the leader, you get control?

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:46 pm

I'm not, there are two seperate mechanics. The killing stops him from preaching to convert people back to the ELoe. All I have to do is get the majority of people Coalition aligned and it should swing back in my favor.

I am dead serious though, no good reason has been given so far.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:49 pm

Okay, look. I see a legitimate chance to try and win alongside the town. If it fails, you guys simply kill me next phase, I lose you win. If it succeeds, we both win.

I'm not asking you to spare my life, I'm simply asking you to kill us in a slightly different order.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:52 pm

TheTJ I have tons of good reasons.

First good reason, we don't want the Coalition to win. The Coalition is not with the town right now, the Evil League of Evil is. We are pro-ELoE, no matter what you WANT.

Second good reason, he is our doctor, and you want to kill him? You are Jeremy, the last member of the Coalition. Everyone knows Jeremy had an unblockable kill. Your plan is to kill him and blame it on his evilness for not having doctor role anymore? That' stupid.

Quaetam says to stop being, I dunno, too harsh? But I agree with Camilla. You are being stupid. your logic is stupid.

Third good reason. The Coalition had its chance to win. You were the masons for god knows how long. You lost it. You no longer deserve to win. We do not want you to win any more.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:01 pm

So, if I've got this right, your reasons are

1. *I* don't want *YOU* to win.

2. Incorrect information (I had to give up my unblockable power in order to preach)

3. I still don't want you to win.

The alignments don't matter to the town, you just want the ELoE to win because you started it. I'm offering everything I can to the town. I'll attack the Doctor and warn him to defend himself. If he IS the doctor then everything's fine for the town and I burn. If not I try to swing the town back. It might be that I CAN'T do that and I still might burn. Either way, no skin off the town's nose.

Johnny likely isn't going to offer you that. The only way HE has of winning is to be the last one standing. So he's going to try to at least kill one of you. If you let me live no townies will die. If you let Johnny live there's a better than even chance a townie will die.

And we never had our "Chance". the way the game is designed the mafia has an advantage early on. They get to preach to one person and kill another, ensuring they get the percentage shifted in their favor every night more than the masons who only get the one. Unless we got INSANELY lucky and kept preaching the same people as them one night later we were going to swap.

And we can swap again. I cannot stress this enough. The Town has already won. It wouldn't matter if I DID swing things because you'd still win.

So no, you DON'T have a good reason for voting me over Johnny. Don't lie and say you do. You might have a petty reason, but not a good one.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Fucking stop talking as if wanting the ELoE to win is fucking petty I have had enough of your horseshit.

They have control of the town. They are in charge. We follow them. We don't follow you.

Stop being butthurt that you can't win.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:06 pm

I can win, you're just being a prick about the whole thing.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:08 pm

We don't want you to win.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Stop speaking for the whole town. I know you have an ego, but TRY to reign it in. Stop speaking as if letting the ELoE win is a GOOD thing.

Dick.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:12 pm

Letting the ELoE win IS a good thing. They are currently leading the town. The majority of the town support the ELoE.

Myself, Camilla, probably Eisen and Ansem as well. All of us, dude.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Swinging things towards the Coalition would be a good thing, then THEY'D be leading the town.

The whole thing is semantics, no team is inherintly better than another. They should be judged by their actions.

My teams actions? Killing people who killed townies and revealing the demon.

Last edited by TheTJ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:14 pm

soooo what happened to not bringing notoriety into this? it's freaking christmas up in this joint. everyone be nice for q since he asked ya not to do it in the first place. i mean braaaiiiiinnnssss...

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:15 pm

DarkFalco wrote: i mean braaaiiiiinnnssss...

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:15 pm

TJ, this isn't anything personal. You're one of the people against the town (who is currently aligned with the ELoE, who I therefore support). Therefore, my vote's on you.
That's all.

Last edited by Pineapple on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Ironic + and - votes have been cast

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Name one bad thing the ELoE did.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Pineapple wrote:TJ, this isn't anything personal. You're one of the people against the town (who is currently aligned with the ELoE, who I therefore support).
That's all.

And so Is Johnny. We're not both simply "Against the town" either. I have the ability to join the town again. That's my way to victory. Johnny can only kill and hope he's the last one left.

In my best case scenario, I win and the town wins.

In Johnny's best case scenario, he wins and the town loses.

If it were simply a matter of voting off the enemy of the town we'd be voting him.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:19 pm

StuckInABox wrote:Name one bad thing the ELoE did.

Name a good thing.

And no, being town aligned doesn't count. Coalition did that first, and for much longer.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:21 pm

You also killed Princess Peach.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:07 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top