Guild Wars 2

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guild Wars 2

Post  Raya on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Figured we need a thread on it. How many of you are playing it? What do you think of it?

I started playing it earlier this week, though I haven't been getting very far in it (it runs very choppy on my laptop, having to play it on my partner's). I'm liking it quite a lot though. The last MMO I played heavily was WoW, so I can't help making some comparisons. In some aspects it's much better than WoW: character creation is very nice, I love the 'My Story' plot that actually makes you feel like a proper character as opposed to a faceless avatar, getting EXP from exploring and the random world events that happen. On the downside it's nowhere near as new-player-friendly as WoW and the cities are an absolute bitch to get around. Seriously, fuck the Charr city. But aside from a few niggles I am seriously enjoying it.

On the European Aurora Glade server if anyone else is there...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guild Wars 2

Post  .. on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:57 pm

Human Guardian Level 80 on US Tarnished Coast.

The game itself is all good, the only gripe is dungeons are not ideal. Either we aren't playing it right or it just ends up being a race to keep the boss from resetting. You will die like 20 times in a dungeon. There is no party structure (Tank, Healer, DPS), and bosses barely have any mechanics. Other than that the game is great.

The Charr City, Black Citadel, is horrible. I hated scouting it out. I am currently 75% done in world completion so I am pretty far along. I haven't finished my story because the current mission is/was bugged and I don't feel like doing it again right now.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:57 am

Each legendary weapon requires at least the following:

• Precursor weapon specific to the legendary.
  • 500 Dungeon Tokens specific to the legendary.
  • Two level 400 crafting professions specific to the legendary.
  • 200 Skill Points.
  • 525,000 Karma.
  • 120 Gold Coins.
  • 100% World Completion.
  • 500 Badges of Honor.
  • 250 Globs of Ectoplasm.
  • 250 Vicious Fangs.
  • 250 Vicious Claws.
  • 250 Vials of Powerful Blood.
  • 250 Elaborate Totems.
  • 250 Armored Scales.
  • 250 Ancient Bones.
  • 250 Piles of Crystalline Dust.
  • 250 Powerful Venom Sacs.

Shit will take months.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:30 pm

They're Legendary for a reason; if every random Joe got one very fast they wouldn't be to special.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:41 pm

I'm glad it will take months.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:57 am

*looks at her highest level character*

4% world completion, 30 silver coins, 1000 karma, lv30 professions.

Yup, not getting those weapons for a long while.

I'm amused that my personal story for my main character seems to be turning into Girl Power. I'm an Iron Legion Charr engineer, and my story is about creating an anti-ghost firearm. At the Charr character creation you choose which member of your warband is your best friend, and during the tutorial (spoiler) all the rest of them die. I chose Reeva, another female engineer. Later on I recruited a (female) weaponsmith when collecting parts for my musket, and chose to let the Blood Legion use the technology because firing massive cannons is fun. During the test run I had to save the (female) leader who'd gone charging off and put herself in danger, and as penance she was officially assigned to my warband. So currently my warband is entirely female and dedicated to blowing people up. Huh. If I ever end up recruiting a male character he's going to be such a pimp Razz

Planning on making some more characters, but I'm having way too much fun as a Charr.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:45 pm

*looks at his only character.*

97% map completion, 8 Gold Coins, 3 level 400 craft skills, 76,000 karma.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:03 pm

I have figured that the key to the legendary will not be through farming, but through money. I can farm Large Scale from the pool under the Crucible. Mithril and Elder Wood will just come naturally.

I will then make Level 80 Rare Greatswords that I can then Salvage for Ectoplasms. Ectoplasms sell for roughly 18 silver each. But if I instead use them to create Exotic Insignias (I will need to farm Tier 6 Materials to maximize profits) I can sell those for 1-3 Gold each.

It may be a tiring process and I don't know exactly how much gold I would need, but I figure it will be a quicker process than ACTUALLY FARMING all of that tier 6 material. I could just come up with the gold and buy it.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:57 am

Apparently the best way to get materials instead of farming is by playing the market. Buy low and sell high, repeat until you have the funds to buy all the material you need. I know one guy who got his crafting extremely high without killing any mobs using this method. It's...rather boring though. I think I might have to do it for my leatherworking though as I'm having to rely on random drops to level it up, it's taking forever.

What's the point of dyes, btw? I've picked up a load of them that unlock colours for my character. Is that the clothes she's in, or stuff I get to craft in future?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:23 am

Dyes are for changing the color of the armor/clothes your character is currently wearing. Just use the dye and you will have that dye unlocked forever. You know how to change the color of your armor right?

Anyways, there is a somewhat easier way to get the Tier 6 material needed for a Legendary Weapon. Another thing needed is called a Mystic Clover, which you can get at the Mystic forge using a certain recipe. If you use the High Yield Recipe and it fails, you will receive like 20-30 Tier 6 material. I say just keep going with that recipe, any left overs you sell for money so you can buy the other materials. There are several ways to go about getting everything you need for a Legendary Weapon.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:51 am

First character finally reached 30, looking forward to that dungeon. I'm enjoying myself quite a bit, despite running around alone most of the time. The personal stories are quite nice, the choices you have to take feel like they really have an impact on the character development.

And yes, crafting, it gets quite tidious :-/

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:48 am

Outlaw wrote:Dyes are for changing the color of the armor/clothes your character is currently wearing. Just use the dye and you will have that dye unlocked forever. You know how to change the color of your armor right?

Nope. I'm not sure I want to change colours anyway, I look pretty pimpin' as it is.

Fedayking wrote:First character finally reached 30, looking forward to that dungeon. I'm enjoying myself quite a bit, despite running around alone most of the time. The personal stories are quite nice, the choices you have to take feel like they really have an impact on the character development.

And yes, crafting, it gets quite tidious :-/

Join my server then and run around with me Razz And arrgh, crafting. My huntsmanship no longer levels with refining so I'm having to rely on experimenting, which means I need a craptonne of materials. I wish it would bloody level alongside your character. I completed the starter area and moved onto the second area, where there's lots of iron ore and soft wood...except I can't refine either of them yet. So I have to either mess around farming in the starting areas or spend loads in the auction house, sigh.

Finally started playing a second character, a Norn ranger. Played for about 20 minutes and switched back to my Charr engineer. I just have way more fun as her. charr 4 lyf.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Most of the leveling for Crafts will be through Discovering new recipes. Do that.

To change the color of your armor bring up your character sheet and you will see a droplet icon. Click on it and you will be able to choose from all the dye you have.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:05 pm

FUCK THE BREACHED WALL

FFFFF-

Recently I've been adventuring around the Diessa Plateau, trying to get 100% exploration, collecting materials I can't use for crafting and getting annoyed at bugs that still haven't been fixed. Right at the bottom is a section called the Breached Wall, and on the top of it is a vista and a skill challenge. I pottered around it baffled, trying to work out how the hell I got up there. I asked the on world chat and someone offered to show me.

Holy shit.

First of all you have to go a mile to the west to find a set of stairs, and what follows is the most ridiculous jumping puzzle ever. There was absolutely no way I would have figured it out on my own. I fell off so many times I lost count. It was utterly, utterly stupid, made worse by the fact the entire route is filled with rapidly respawning ghosts, which like to interrupt your jumps and knock you over the edge. I spent a good half hour trying to get to the damn top. Oh, and then I had to do it twice as it switched me to chat when I was doing the final run-up to get the vista, so not registering my jump and sending me back to the bottom. ARGH.

This had better not be a common thing in this game, otherwise a dev team is going to get throttled.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Sometimes don't look directly around the vista for the path. Shit happens, and they will have some jumping involved.

Wait to do the Eternal Battlegrounds jumping puzzle before you complain.

I can one shot that now though.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:37 am

Started playing a Sylvari mage. I quite like the Sylvari; they're a pretty unique race and I love how chirpy they are. But I really, really can't stand their psuedo-British accents. It was funny for the first 10 minutes, now it's absolutely grating. I'm actually avoiding talking to NPCs because of it. Dammit ArenaNet, you spend all this money on developing complex storylines and insanely detailed worlds, but can't be bothered to hire an actual British speaker? The Sylvari all sound like Americans doing bad British accents, arrgh.

Engineer is now lv31 and I've just joined the Priory- an adventure that involved fighting an undead chicken. Which Order did you guys join?

Also, who's looking forward to the Halloween event? I've got two Black Lion chests waiting to be opened, I might save them until after Wednesday so I've got a chance at getting those special Halloween items.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:46 am

I'm not quite sure, who I'll be joining. As my mage likes to dive straight into action, I think the vigil is the best choice. Necromancer and Engie have about the same amount of progress, so I dunno yet. The prospect of fighting an undead chicken is very tempting though Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:29 am

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:25 am

ArenaNet knows how to do events. I love the feel of this event. Pumpkins everywhere, Candy Corn Nodes appear for mining, new events and quests, new jumping puzzles and achievements, new social clothing.

All good fun stuff, I dig it.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:07 pm

I loved that video Vie.

Today I got trick-and-treated by a baby Quaggan dressed up as a pirate.

GW2 is now officially confirmed to be the best game ever.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:37 pm

You ever hear the Quaggan say, "Go kill Pirate leader so Quaggan can become Pirate!"?

I do. GIVE EM WHAT THEY WANT!

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:26 pm

I think the game actually took pity on me the other day. Was doing a storyline quest where I had to explore a Dwarven tomb to find a dragonblood sword. The first bit of the tomb involved running across the top of a narrow wall that reached out over a bottomless chasm. The chasm, however, was filled with violent winds that constantly fluctuated. And I got blown off. A lot. It was goddamn stupid; at one point the wind actually blew me into a hole in the wall I couldn't get out of. Then when I *did* get across, I got the loading screen and the wind blew me off during the loading screen. After about the 15th time of falling off and dying I randomly respawned on the far side of the wall instead of outside the tomb. I think the game gave up on me Laughing

Later on went back there with some random person to explore, and when we were waiting for the wind to drop a slime spawned right behind me. Turned round to shoot it and the bastard knocked me off the edge. Sonofabitch. I gave up myself after that Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:34 pm

Outlaw wrote:You ever hear the Quaggan say, "Go kill Pirate leader so Quaggan can become Pirate!"?

I do. GIVE EM WHAT THEY WANT!

I finally did that event today! Was glorious. The Quaggan not only became a pirate he usurped the head pirate and declared himself captain, making the island open to explore. I'm blinged out in so much karma-bought Quaggan gear it's crazy.

Also, new event for November: The Lost Shore. I'm really unfamiliar with the GW fluff, so I have no idea what this is about. Another dragon waking?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:12 am

Oh dammit guys, talk to me, this is now a triple post!

Made a human warrior the other day. Being such a fan of the charr I kinda feel like a race traitor, playing a human. Still, I really like the human starting area, it's a pretty fun location. Playing a warrior is a bit of an adjustment though; this is my first character where I actually have to run around after the enemy rather than blast them at range.

I'm giving up on bloody Black Lion chests. I've been on an absolute roll past few days: one day I got three chests in five minutes, yesterday two chests in two minutes. But there's never anything good in them. My bank is full of boosters I'm never going to use and I have about 49 mystery tonics. Stuff this, I'm not going to keep buying keys just to get all this crap. They're going on the auction house.

Also thinking of remaking my charr necromancer. I've managed to make her so derpy in appearance. She looked fine during character creation, but in the cutscenes, oh gawd. Her face is ridiculous. I feel bad for doing so since she's lv5 already, but cutscenes are enough to make me cringe. Shallow I know.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:48 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top