Guild Wars 2

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Guild Wars 2

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:29 am

I answered in Skype, sorry Razz

Had little time to play lately, butI advanced my Norn Mage and I am rather torn: Vigil or Order?

And come on, level 5 is nothing Razz Also I play my necromancer with double daggers, so youdo need to get close. Not sure, which combat I prefer though.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:52 pm

Look at this amazing present Raya got me Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:42 am

NO

IT'S MINE

RYTLOCK IS MINE FED

DON'T STEAL HIM YOU TERRIBLE MAN D:

Besides, I know where you live, if you don't post it me I can come back over and kick your ass Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:31 am

Why would you want Rytlock? He is an ass!

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:16 am

I know he's a bit of an ass. He has no idea how to revive people. The number of times I've done a quest with him, died, and have him literally stand on my corpse refusing to revive me. RYTLOCK PRESS THE F KEY FFS EVERY OTHER NPC DOES. But still, he's a proud warrior, cares about his people, takes no shit from anyone and is a damn good Tribune.

Also it's a bit of Charr merchandise and therefore I must own it.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Oh man oh man, one of the items you can get for Wintersday is a baby Quaggan mini called Foostivoo :O Yes I want it so badly. But it's going to be a nightmare you get. You need to combine three of the Christmas minis to make it, but getting those three in the first place...you can't make them, they drop randomly from mystery boxes. So I either have to buy a load from the gems store in the hopes they will have them in, or camp outside the one big present that spawns in each area and keep picking up the boxes there.

This is ridiculous. Why make it so hard to get them? Why not just stick the baby Quaggan or a multi-pack set of minis on the gem store? Who the hell is actually going to be able to get it?

If anyone has any spare mini they'd like to donate...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:21 pm

They have to make it hard to get so it is actually special.

That is why when you see someone with a Legendary weapon, they either paid a LOT of money to get in-game money so they could buy the materials, or they grind the hell out of the game to get it.

This is why the best things they did in the game. You HAVE to work for it.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:35 pm

It's a bit redundant though, since unlike WoW you can't open up a tab and see all the equipment a player is wearing. On WoW if I saw someone with a nice weapon I'd take a closer look at them and see what the weapon was and what it did. You can't do that in GW2. If someone has a pretty weapon it doesn't mean anything. It might be a regular weapon they get at high level, or a crafted one, or an event one. Unless you know the weapon skin there's no way of knowing. So rarity is a bit crap because you're the only person who knows it.

That and this isn't a rare item you get from hard work, it's down to luck and the RNG. I could get it from the first three boxes I open, or never get a single mini. To get the legendary items you need to grind for the materials. For this you just open boxes and hope it RNG'd the right items. That's a really shitty way of doing rare items. It's not rewarding the player for their work. It's all down to chance.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:01 pm

Well, looks like the baby Quaggan will be impossible to get. Turns out the minis you need to trade in for it are only in the gift boxes from the gem store...and the drop rates are atrocious. I've been reading about people buying 400 boxes and not getting a single one. People have been getting seriously mad about this on the official forums, having spent loads of money to get essentially junk. Unless the drop rates get changed before the event ends...looks like I'm not geeting Foostivoo Sad

On the plus side, you guys get your Karka boxes? Got mine last night but haven't opened it yet. Apparently they have two exotics in. Hoping for a rifle in mine!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Look which two lovely ladies finally met up tonight:

Spoiler:

We danced, threw snowballs and caused an undead invasion that ruined Christmas for everyone in Lion's Arch. It was very romantic.

Bonus point: Getting my annoying bitch of a mentor killed for realsies.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:06 am

Hello friends,

My social circle and I are fiiiiinally starting to get burnt out on LoL and are looking to dive into an MMO. We're really excited about GW2 but researching some aspects is kinda difficukt, If anyone would be so kind, I can't quite find the answer to these questions anywhere:

1. Do you need to have race/class affinity to be effective? Does race affect the class performance significantly in game terms?
2. What's party structure in this game look like? I read earlier in this thread Outlaw noted that it was significantly different from WoW, are there necessary classes needed for a party to be at all effective? Can you kind of just roll with anything or does a party need a Warrior/Guardian to do dungeons? From the looks of it this game is less about having tank/heal/dps and has everyone share damage somewhat, does that mean anything is good enough?

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:54 am

The only thing different between the races is their Race Skill. I can't remember the real name. Humans can Summons Hounds of Balthazar. That is all that I know is different between the races.

In dungeons there are no party roles. At least... not when I played. We just ran in there, tried to dodge and pick up each other and take out the boss.

Not to steer you away from Guild Wars 2 but next year Elder Scrolls Online might be released, no details on subscription or Free to Play yet.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:31 pm

How necessary is it to match your race to your class? It's looking like my entire group wants to play Sylvari but does any race work well in any role or do you need to match them to keep them effective or efficient?

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:34 pm

I don't recall races having any particular bonuses towards any class.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:36 pm

Nah, races are pretty much just flavor choices. An Asura Guardian(the small whimpy looking dudes) do the job as well as a Charr Guardian(big awesome Catpeople).

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:51 pm

I see, thats what I was wondering, thanks guys.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Pretty much.

ArenaNet was going for no restrictions or buffs for races. The only thing I can recall that is different between the races is one of the ultimate skills being native to your race.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:35 pm

SurgePox wrote:
1. Do you need to have race/class affinity to be effective? Does race affect the class performance significantly in game terms?

There's no such thing as race/class affinity. Every race can be every class and you don't get racial bonuses. As Outlaw said each race gets certain racial skills (for instance the Charr can do a Battle Roar to grant buffs to allies), but they're not a deal breaker. The main difference your race makes is to your Personal Story. It's a big part of the game but is entirely optional. So really just choose what race you like the best.

SurgePox wrote:2. What's party structure in this game look like? I read earlier in this thread Outlaw noted that it was significantly different from WoW, are there necessary classes needed for a party to be at all effective? Can you kind of just roll with anything or does a party need a Warrior/Guardian to do dungeons? From the looks of it this game is less about having tank/heal/dps and has everyone share damage somewhat, does that mean anything is good enough?

The classes aren't as restrictive as they are in WoW. Every class has an inbuilt heal ability so you don't need to have someone stand at the back just healing everyone else. Of course some classes can do AOE healing, but it's not a major handicap if you don't have them. Since each class is hugely flexible in what they can do you'll find that in dungeons people play to their strengths rather than sit in a specific role. For instance my engineer is good at support, so I'll hang back, buff allies, do crowd control and draw aggro to keep others alive. It's much more fluid and dynamic, so you don't need a strict class ratio to complete a dungeon, just people who know how to play their class.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:14 pm

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guesting-is-coming/

FINALLY

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down