Re: TWBB Mafia Game 21: Dark Recesses - FINALE

Post  .. on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:10 pm

Right on Minby

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:43 pm

With that logic I should have kept up with the weird cryptic message bullshit. At least then I wouldn't have been lynched.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Calling it now, next game starts with everyone using self-imposed post restrictions.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Heh, a few games back I was tempted to give myself the restriction of only being able to talk in song lyrics. But I think that was one of the games where I was doing very well in so I decided to drop it.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Self-imposed post restrictions are antitown.

Though actually, I think a really fun setup would be one with a high town lean, but everyone except mafia has a post restriction.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:06 pm

Flip the game completely, everything considered anti-town is now pro-town.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:24 pm

SurgePox wrote:Self-imposed post restrictions are antitown.

I would still argue that they're not, as long as you're not trying to inhibit actual discussion with them.

Day 1 bullshittery is another matter.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:29 pm

td260 wrote:
SurgePox wrote:Self-imposed post restrictions are antitown.

I would still argue that they're not, as long as you're not trying to inhibit actual discussion with them.

Day 1 bullshittery is another matter.

No, they most certainly are. I think the only way they wouldn't be is if you were smart enough to use it brilliantly, and you did it with a specific plan set in mind to help the town. There is no way in hell DRTJR was capable of doing that, and on a (maybe?) "Unrelated" note, the town lost.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:03 pm

I agree with Snake on 99% of what he said there. Playing in a deceptive manner, by which I mean conspicuously lying about what your role is, and taking on an alibi mafia-style, is almost always harmful to the town. You have to remember that in a game of mafia, it's your team's status that matters, not your own. Even if a restriction such as DRTJR's self-imposed wrestling thing could keep DRTJR alive, it will distract discussion from the scumhunt by allowing others to focus on whether or not DRTJR is lying, which brings up a whole slew of issues such as... "If he's lying, he's probably scum", "if he's not lying, and he has this restriction, what gave him this restriction, and what else might it entail/what might come along with it." There's more, of course, but you get the idea.

As a townie, sometimes gambits can be helpful, such as Snake, in Game 20, pretending that he had a second extra life, so that he would be Saved from the Ascendant Demon's vortex, rather than the Usurper (though actually, he was Evil Leader of Evil, and a hostile, at that point, so I digress Razz) It's alright to leave an ace up your sleeve, but playing with arbitrary restrictions that might promote your own survival, but simultaneously distract from discussion for the entire day, are a hindrance to the town. Hell, I play mafia with plans, and even I will say that I try to be as honest as possible as BOTH town and mafia.

That said, I'm glad you enjoyed it DRTJR Razz It certainly gave me a few laughs on the sidelines.

Great game by Fed, very fun to watch. My one criticism would have to be Avalanche's immunity; between that and the mafia's ability to gain extra people, the scales seemed, at least to me, to be tipped in their favor. That being said it was a well hosted, well-put-together game. Many of the roles here were very brilliant, I wish I'd been able to take part. Weldar's in particular stands out to me, I love the idea of forcing people to go through flash games and whatnot.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 am

td260 wrote:With that logic I should have kept up with the weird cryptic message bullshit. At least then I wouldn't have been lynched.

I dunno, I went crazy and Spoon tried to get me lynched :<

I think whether self-imposed restrictions are good or not depends on the context, and whether or not it helps your side or is just dicking around. The only time I did it was pretending to be infected to get lynched to activate my ability, so I think that worked well. Doing it for no benefit to your side though...no.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:56 am

I did it day one to have people talk about me. That let me backtrace the first person to visit me in the night. That was rendered invalid by surge following weldar all night, but I digress. I came clean the next day, and obviously by confessing that I had a gambit to gain name mentions I was the prime suspect for lynches.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eisenbeißer on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:29 pm

congratulation! The end of the game was a big surprise. Very Happy

The only thing I was a little disappointed was to get a wish and then to get the feedback that my wish was a flop.

Overall the game was well done and with an interesting summary at every end of a phase. The shark game was very hooking. Wink

Eisenbeißer
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Eisenbeißer wrote:The only thing I was a little disappointed was to get a wish and then to get the feedback that my wish was a flop.
I forgot about that. This game could have been a lot different had you been able to join us.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Raya wrote:
td260 wrote:With that logic I should have kept up with the weird cryptic message bullshit. At least then I wouldn't have been lynched.

I dunno, I went crazy and Spoon tried to get me lynched :<

I think whether self-imposed restrictions are good or not depends on the context, and whether or not it helps your side or is just dicking around. The only time I did it was pretending to be infected to get lynched to activate my ability, so I think that worked well. Doing it for no benefit to your side though...no.
Hey now, You WERE Scum, after all xD Luckily for you Requiem decided to be a nice guy Razz

Also, I will agree with the sentiments, for the most part. It's debatable if it's done for a specific reason, like in TD's case in order to achieve a goal. However in DRTJR's case, it doesn't contribute or achieve anything, besides detracting from your own team. I will admit though, it was fairly entertaining, especially this exchange;
Outlaw wrote:
DRTJR wrote:The Rock wants to see kind of game Outlaw will bring to the ring. And The Rock realizes that just because Outlaw is a surely wrestle doesn't mean he's a heel, but The Rock will hold judgement until all the wrestlers are in the ring.
You got a ring side seat to your own smackdown brother!.
All my lulz

Smashy B wrote:
Eisenbeißer wrote:The only thing I was a little disappointed was to get a wish and then to get the feedback that my wish was a flop.
I forgot about that. This game could have been a lot different had you been able to join us.
Having the Doctor AND Vig on the same team? Would've been glorious. Too bad the wish was shenanigized~

Minby_Aran wrote:Also, when I got the power to use one of 5 powers at random, I almost used it on Av, because I didn't update my list of teammates when he joined. That would have ended badly...
lol, that would've been glorious xD. Also, Who did you use it on and what did you end up using?

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:05 am

Well...You know when Smash died...?

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:17 am

Actually you just roleblocked him Razz

First bunch of roles should come up tonight, as I opted to catch up on some sleep yesterday and letting myself get distracted Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:18 am

Fedaykin wrote:Actually you just roleblocked him Razz
Joke's on you, Minby, I couldn't even act that night! Hahahaha....

D:

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Mechanics

My original plan for this game was for you to send me in any kind of role names and I try to work out something from there. Well, that didn't work out. From all the people here, just td and Avos bothered to send something in(thanks again, btw!). I then asked around in a different forum, which did actually help quite a lot in the end(shoutout to Archamedes and Inoko here, though they probably won't ever see this Razz). So with the bit I got there, a few chats with Weldar and my own personal brand of crazy, this game was created with these ideas at core:

The Comparison Scan

I had the doubtful honour to be the cop in a few game, a role that I think is a rather boring one. You scan a target, you get a positive or negative results with low chances of anything special happening. I wanted to try something different and Weldar showed me how in his Binding of Isaac game he had run on the KoL forums. The playerbase was divided into different tiers of scumminess. The scanner would then pick two players at night and compare their levels, resulting in either one appearing more scummy or them having the same level. So, the scanner would need to find a frame to work in, scumhunt and trust their senses. Unfortunatly, with Sonix dying N1 and td only getting two scans out, it didn't really have an impact.

Wishes

Once again, an idea I got from Weldar. Simply put, the two Nic Cage roles handed out wishes to players, that could potentially do anything without breaking the game(like wishing to be told who's Mafia, becoming unkillable etc.). And when I say about anything, I mean anything. If somebody had wished, that this game would have had PMs, then there would have been PMs. Sadly, with Johnny going AWOL, the Wish Department was dominated by the Mafia, helping them a great deal. Also I was quite astonished, that they never got discussed in the game thread or at all, actually. If DRTJR would have pointed out, that yes, he had revived Avos and how and that hadn't been the plan, people might have been more careful.

Flexibility

When I got to the design, I wanted to give my players the opportunity to use their powers in different ways rather than being stuck in the same routine, or at least make their task interesting. As you will see in the role PMs, I tried to give classic roles a twist and have the player make choices, that actually had consequences. If I succeeded with that, you'll be the judge.

Revives

There was no straight up reviver, but the wishes had been used heavily to get people back from the dead. In cases like td, who had wished for a 1-up, I chose not to reveal affiliations, since the player came back to life through a power within. I didn't want any confirmed players that way, like Snake in Game 20. If another player would be brought back through a wish, it was labeled as Resurrection. If somebody would have turned into a reviver or would the Hipster had chosen to perform one, it would have been stated as “... has been revived!“. So yes, Sah could have brought somebody back near endgame, if he had thought or asked me about it, since there hadn't been a straight up revive in the entire game.

Roles

The Town

1) td260

Role: Candlejack
Affiliation: Town
Character: Mad Jack

You just LOVE the attention you are getting. Nothing gets your blood pumped with adrenaline like thousands of people chanting your name just before you do the next daring stunt. Like the one time, you jumped on your trusty motorcycle over a firepit filled with flaming lions, juggling chainsaws while dancing Kozachok on the saddle. You broke half your bones, that day, but hell, was it worth it, you crazy bastard.

----

The more people you get to say your name in thread, PM's and other boards, the more powerful abilities you get unlocked in the nightphase.

td started the game with a feigned speech restriction, as has been discussed in detail on the previous pages. It had worked, I believe he got his name said ten times, earning him a track. He used this to backtrack the first action done to him, which was Weldar throwing him into the arena, soon to be followed by being put into jail by Req and recieving a wish by TJ, as the Mafia genuinly believed that the restriction was legit and that he might want to get rid of it. (This PM was actually a challenge to write, so in the mini-fluff he ended up in black and blue luchador gear, while being in contact with Req via headset, recieving the wish moments before entering the arena).

He lost the match and wished, that after his death, he wanted to „come back, with the power to find Mafians and do something about it“. So he became a comparison scanner with a one shot kill post revive...but an insane scanner, since the wish was corrupted.

That moment came sooner than he'd hoped for, as Surge pushed hard to see him hang on D3, and so he did. After a lot of bitching on Skype, he came back the next day, fending off another attack by Surge. With his new scanning powers, he compared Camilla and Avalanche to himself(the former scanning on an equal level, making him defend her the day she was lynched, the latter as more innocent. This was probably a screw up on my part, but td was killed anyway that night).

And what a night it was. If I recall correctly, there could have been up to SEVEN kills that night(one-shot by Spoon, Weldar and Avalanche, jailkill by Requiem, regular Mafia nightkill, SK nightkill, nightkill by Surge through action wheel). If they had spread, there could have been 9 deaths in a cycle, topping Game 10's 8. But then, Avalanche, Relmitos and Surge gangraped his ass.

Overall, td played solid, giving arguments and participated in the discussion when possible. A mix of bad luck and old grudges eventually caused his downfall, but still, well played!

----

2) Sonix!

Role: Cheetohs Cop
Affilation: Town
Character: DoubleGold, the Conspiracy Theorist

Conspiracies, conspiracies everywhere! You have figured it out long before everybody else, the Illuminati are making their move. But they forgot to include you in their evil equation! You have found out, that members of the Nightmare have the habit to consume vast amounts of Cheetohs. This is how you can sniff them out and stop them dead in their tracks!

-----

This game uses a different kind of scanning mechanic: Every night, instead of affilation, you scan two players for traces of Cheetohs crumbs and compare the results. If one player has more crumbs on them, they are more likely to be scum(but don't need to be!).

This role was based on a suggestion by td(„Where the fuck are my Cheetohs?“). Sonix appeared to be a bit lost at the beginning, but accepted the challenge. He compared Snake and Surge, the former scanning more innocent. Sadly, he got killed by Relmitos before he could make more of an impact.

----

3) JohnnyFarrar

Role: Djinn
Character: Nicolas Cage

You are world famous actor Nicolas Cage. Or at least, you just look like him. Actually, you are an ancient Spirit of Good, that chose this form to walk among the kind people of this town to fullfill their heart's desires. Though you sense darkness, ancient evil, seeking to destroy happiness and peace. You can't let that happen!

----

You are a magical being, with the power to grant people you deem worthy a wish. You start with three wishes to distribute at night. You might hand them out all at once or distribute them in any pace you like. You get another three wishes to hand out, once all of them have been used up or they have expired. Unused wishes expire after two phases, a single player can only hold onto a single wish any given time.

Additionally, everytime you grant five wishes, you gain a wish of your own.

Don't underestimate the power of your wishes, their use is just limited by the creativity of the person using it. Don't let them fall into the wrong hands!

So here we have the Town Djinn, who sadly didn't do much, which came to be a BIG disadvantage to the town, as mentioned above. The only wish he ever handed out was to Surge, then Weldar led a lynch on him. I couldn't really sub him out, since he popped up at some point, just to vanish again. End of story, sadly.

----

4) Eisenbeißer

Role: Doctor
Character: Dr. Brian Matter

You're the most famous ER surgeon in all town. You were the first to successfully transplate a heart with the patient still being awake during the whole procedure, kept calm by your soothing and hypnotic voice. If there is anything broken, you can fix it.

----

You are the best Doc there is. Every night, you can choose a player, who will be protected from any harm. Alternatively, you can choose to protect two targets at night, rushing from house to house. Since you can't be with your patients all the time, the chances of a successful save fall to 33% each.

Here he is, the player with the best meme Razz Like a few other people, he rerolled the same role as in Game 20. At first, he wasn't that fond of the repitition, but then tried his best, as always. Despite being very busy in real life(I admit, I helped distracting him from the game by getting drunk together Razz When you read this, how about some Nachos and Australian beer next week?), he did his best to keep at it. Then, he recieved a wish from TJ. He wished to join the Masons while keeping his current role. Now imagine that, the Masons including a doublevoter with powerful one-shots, the vigilante and the doctor. Sadly, it was not to be. I resolved this dilemma by altering Eisen's win condition: in fluff, the masons had rejected his request because him not meeting their standards of hygene(him being the doc and needing to be sterile and such, he was actually too clean Razz), so I turned him into the Anti-Mason. He'd just win with the town, if all Masons were dead. The big impact of this change was the night smash died, as he opted to protect himself instead of him.

He did survive to the endgame and here, once again, he shined. Being put under pressure by a jailed Raya and Minby, he fought back, correctly pointing out Minby's lack of claim, which should have made the people trusting Minby(Spoon) more aware of his ambiguous situation. We talked a bit on the phone, and in that call he correctly narrowed down the remaining Mafians besides Avalanche. Then he got the dubious honour of being the last person lynched before the rest of the town got endgamed.

Eisen is still an underestimated player, who is undoubtedly the King of the Endgame. Once the field is narrowed down and he has the facts, he has the instinct and the guts to act, snuffing out the Mafia. Don't be fooled by his dodgy English. He has a sharp mind and is not afraid to use it.

----

5) Camilla

Role: Driver
Character: Hella Jeff

The sock ruse...was a DISTACTION. Yuo HAVE the car. Jegus, thits goes relaly fats. You paln to rip teh nIghmaers a new oen an fcuk their shid upp by switcking pple at nihgt

----

You HAVE the car. With this 4-wheel device in your posession, you are able to switch two players places at night(an action aiming for Player A would hit Player B and vice versa).

The best thing is yet to come: your car is magical! Three times in the game, you may switch the powers of two players. This switch lasts for a whole day and night cycle(some powers may not be switchable). Oh, did I mention that you are able to switch the powers of living players with dead ones?

Aaaah, the driver. Best role in any game, hands down. So many laughs can be had as GM and Camilla provided. During the day, she probably showed the most overall activity, posting on a regular basis and providing her thoughts. At night, she used her power very well, contributing a lot to my personal amusement Razz N1, she chose to drive Raya and DRTJR. Do I need to explain why this is funny? Razz It would have had a great effect, if the Mafia(=Raya) hadn't chosen to use Calhalla's lightningrod ability cancel the driving. N2, she tried to drive Weldar and Surge(which failed because of Weldar being jailed. If he hadn't, Weldar would have recieved a corrupted wish.) and finally N3, which gave me the biggest laugh. She chose to drive Smash and Snake. Why is this beautiful? Smash sent in a kill on DRTJR, DRTJR sent in a roleblock on Snake, saving DRTJR's life. She also took the risk on betting in the arena, unfortunatly losing her power to Weldar, but thusly gaining him as ally and her most vocal protector during D5. Raya's charge against her, based on quality over quantity, was enough to convince most of the town to follow her lead. Adding the doublevote Outlaw had that day, her fate was sealed.

Camilla reasoned, that her lack of argumentation was based on other players voicing her opinion for her before she got to post it. IMO, Camilla has the potential to stand her ground, voice her own arguments and get other people to listen to her. It's just a little step, I really hope you tale it.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:59 pm

Nice game all, and nice job Fed Very Happy

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:24 pm

Can't wait for my turn at player analysis

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Yea neither can I.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:37 pm

I'm looking more forward to the REST of this :3 lol

Also, too the full list of "wishes" made & their effects (mostly TJ's since he handed out more then Johnny did, lol)

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Just wait. See, I GOT my wish.

I was originally was going to wish that votes against a mafian counted for half, or something like that, to give us an edge and keep it from biting us too badly if it turned out my wish was corrupted too. I changed my mind and went WAY the other way. I'll let Fed give the details on that though.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:25 pm

I'll see, that I get at least half of the remaining town roles up today, since I'll be going to a concert tonight. And I still don't get, why you thought I'd give you a corrupted wish for doing well? Why would I lie in a role pm? That'd just be a dick move.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:34 pm

6) SurgePox

Role: Enigma
Character: Mr. Hatface, the hero our city doesn't want

You are the infamous Mr. Hatface, liked by few, hated by most. It's not that your intentions are bad, but your methods are rather... unorthodox. Ever since you put out that big fire in the city hall with a combination of countless gallons of milk and sewer water, people look oddly at you. You don't care that much though, as you have a big fedora covering your face, you barely see anything at all.

----

Nobody knows, how you achieve the things you do, including yourself. You have a habit of keeping everything a secret, even from yourself. You may act on a player each night, sending me a list of six actions, one of them will be chosen by RNG. Have fun being the Man of Mystery!

When Surge threw himself into the discussion, he couldn't be ignored, as td had to find out soon enough. Most of his posts have been insightful, but then took a seat in the backrows for the second half of the game(I suspect rl shenanigans). In the night, he used his action wheel for more conservative powers, like roleblocks, scans or kills. N1, he successfully tracked Weldar acting on 5 different people, adding to the former's credibility. N2, one of the more hilarious things for me happened: Surge succeeded in loverbonding with Snake, making me write the following PM:

Spoiler:
Finally, Snake arrived. The two men stood there in the neon light of the lamp above them. He quizzingly looked at the guy who had beckoned him over, his face concealed by a large fedora. Additionally, he wore another one on his had.

„I know you“, Snake spoke up after a short silence, „you are Mr. Hatface! I saw you on the news a few weeks ago. Didn't you save the mayor by throwing some explosive hatarangs at some thugs?“

The hero answered in a low, growling voice. „Yes, it was me, Mr. Hatface. You forgot to mention, that the media scolded me for loading the rangs with narcotic urine, but this is not why I wanted to speak to you.“

„WHAT? Narcotic piss? Dude, you're even cooler than I thought!“

Snake would have seen a blush, if it hadn't been for the concealing fedora. „So, what is the matter, that you need to discuss with me at this hour? I've done nothing wrong, officer. If you don't believe me, you cans earch me for concealed weapons.“ He gave him a wink.

„I have noticed, that you, like me, spend most of the time alone. While you stay in the comfort of your house, I walk these streets alone. On one of my evening tours, I noticed, that you have a huge telescope, totally by accident of course. I was fascinated. The following nights, I couldn't stop thinking about the telescope and the man operating it...so I decided to find out more about you... you're fasinacting, Snake.“

For the first time in a long time, Snake was speechless. He too had followed every news about this masked vigilante, the hero(some might call him bane) of the people. This was an honour and something inside him felt all fuzzy.

„I think, that you're pretty fascinating too, Mr Hat...“ „Ssssshhhhh“ The masked man put a finger on Snake's lips. „Don't say anything. Just take off my hat.“ Snake's eyes went big, as he grabbed the fedora at the rim, slowly removing it. It made a hissing noise, as if some kind of oxygen mask was attached, smoke evaporating.

Finally, in the bright neon light, Snake could see Surge's face.

They looked each other deeply into the eyes, before they engaged in a long, passionate kiss.

Snake and Surge are now loverbonded! You may PM freely(please send me a copy) and also share aan Achilles' heel condition: if one of you dies, both die.

Just glorious. Additionally, he recieved a corrupted wish and the single pure wish, using them both for 1-ups(which would give me a headache later on). N3, Surge was jailed and a good thing too, since this saved him from a) being pretzel'd and b) killed by Relmitos. Then, N4, he was killed alongside Snake due to their loverbond(details in Snake's writeup), choosing the corrupted revive to come back to life. The dilemma: I couldn't bring him back as a Zombie like Avos(converting him to the Mafia in the process), have him die and then come back as his normal self. Snake's suggestion made the most sense: have the good revive cancel the corrupted and bring him back without changes, using up both shots in the process. Coming back N5, he promptly joined in the fun killing td, still believing him to be a Mafian. Sadly, I can't remember his N6 action, since I stopped writing down the nightactions past N3. Surge met his untimely end during D7 at Avalanche's hands, hatsploding in a final blaze of glory.

Btw, in fluff, I imagined him as a weird crossover between Batman and Rorschach.

----

7) GreenArcher/Sahrimnir

Role: The Hipster
Affilation: Town
Character: Pusher of Glasses

You are so sick of all these mainstream bastards in this town, always stealing your thunder. Being cool and novel gets harder by the day, but you put in a lot of effort to stay ahead of the rest. Thankfully, they haven't copied your trademark sign yet, the glasses-push. Now with these so-called Nightmares on the lose, you figured you'd better lend your fellow Townies a hand though, they aren't after your life, at least.

-----

You are a creative bastard, always trying to stay ahead of the game. Essentially, you can do pretty any nightaction, as long as nobody else has done it. Once somebody else performed an action, it has become utterly mainstream and you're too cool to bother with that, nullifying your action. Have fun thinking outside the box!

This role is kind of an homage to Avalanche and some of his Skype antics. It was designed to force the player to be creative with the power given to them, something GreenArcher never got around to doing, being inactive and everything(she still has an unread message from me from October 30th). She didn't do much in thread and one action was copscanning Avalanche(which I didn't allow because of not wanting any affilation scans) and checking, if Avalanche had been in PM contact with somebody, which he hadn't. I considered modkilling her after N6, but Sahrimnir was kind enough to step in. He started of with asking me for hints about Avalanche's role, then stayed low during the Relmitos lynch. N7, he asked for the number of mafians remaining, shocking everybody by the count of three. During the dayphase, he kept his cool and offered good theories, but in the end wasn't able to turn around the Mafian tide. Thanks a lot for stepping in in a time of need!

Another funny thing: I almost asked Avalanche to sub in for Green, but then Viero decided to drop out, so he got to be Hussie instead.

----

Cool Requiem

Role: Jailor
Character: Dominatrix Bananahead

You live an arousing life of mystery and suspense. Your element is the night and shadow. You met many fascinating people, many of them visiting you at your very exclusive art studio, spending quite some time there bonding. It was like they were unable to leave until you allowed them to. Now, the Nightmares roam the streets, nobody is save. You decided to use your special social skills to help the cause of good.

----

You have the ability to lure players into your lair, locking them up in the process. You are free to interrogate them. Thanks to your face-concealing outfit, they won't learn your identity(send me a PM with what you want to ask them). Jailed people can't be interacted with and can't interact with anybody else for the duration of the phase.

Tell me who you want to have locked up during day, will jail that player in the next nightphase. If you tell me at night, your target will be locked up the following dayphase. This will be publicy announced.

Additionally, once in the game, you may kill one of your captives.

Requiem did a pretty good job behind the scenes, using his jailing not just to protect successfully, but also gather and spread information. He tried to stay under the radar for the first days, until during a big confrontation during D4 he claimed in public, being confirmed by td and Weldar and Surge. From then on, he voiced his opinion more frequently and in general voted along the leading townies, then starting the bandwagon on Relmitos based on his gutfeelings. On the last day, the survival of the town was in his hands. Having his one-shot still at hand, he could have killed Raya and buy the town more time. He could have kept Avalanche jailed at day, while DRTJR would block him during night, essentially taking him out of play, giving the town the time to find the remaining Mafian.

He jailed td D2, Weldar N2, Surge N3, Relm N4, Raya N5, Minby N6, forgot to jail D/N7 and finally dayjailed Raya D8.

All in all, he didn't play too bad, but ultimatly dropped the ball near the end, letting Raya live.

----

9) Spoonman

Role: Mayor
Character: Ryan North

You are Ryan North, proud writer of the famous Dinosaur Comic, internet star. You have no idea, how you ended up in here. You just remember, that you were driving home to Toronto after an extensive stay at an Olive Garden resteraunt. Somehow, you ended up here instead, becoming mayor almost overnight. You never run a campaign, never asked, but here you are. Must be the beard.

----

As Mayor, you got an extensive arsenal at your disposal:

1) All your votes count double
2) once in the game, you can doublelynch the two players with most votes on them
3) a single kill, can be used at night or day(must be anounced in thread as Kill: Player
4) a single attempt on forming a Mason lodge with another Town player, granting you the ability to freely PM

The beloved Mayor of the town and boy, he played a hell of a game. Always active, always scumhunting...well, except D1, which he kind of missed. He surprised me by immediatly using the Mason shot, recruiting smashbro...the vigilante. What a lucky pick, they were bound to kick ass from the getgo. D2, Spoon dived into the fray, adding constructivly to the discussion, which headed into lynching barda. Convinced of having found scum and DRTJR/Snake being second in the tally, he decided to use his doublelynch....just to cancel it in the last moment. Good thing he did, too:

Barda had decided to use his timewarp(in the last moment, too), which made him leave the game immediatly, making him unavailable for the lynch. Since DRTJR and Snake were tied now, they would both have died instead of a no-lynch.

N2, the Mafia decided, that he was too dangerous to be left alive, sending the Thunder God after him. He was then resurrected by smash's wish N4, powers fully restored...but his doublevote was now under Mafian control, without him knowing it. He proceeded championing the town, leading the lynch against pretty much anybody until the end of the game, putting his vig-shot to a good use by slaying the newly transformed TJ. He had another shot at masoning, which he tried to use on Surge, that failed because of Eisen's meddling.

To the end, Spoon was the driving force behind the town's efforts, gathering info with smash, gaining valuable insights from Weldar and ultimatly being fooled by Minby, who was not percieved as Mafian the entire time. I hope, that I was able to make him as badass in the fluff as he was in the game itself.

Link to the Mason board: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/9QKYsyMqQuKp

----

10) Avos

Role: Nexus/Scrambler
Character: Lady Luck

You love gambling, ever since you where old enough to enter a Casino. You always found the games revolving around chance and luck the most intruiging, spending a good deal of your inherited fortune on it. People already forgot your real name, just referring to you as Lady Luck, when you have a winning streak, or Miss Fortune, when you don't. Now with the arrival of the Nightmares, you find yourself involved with a game of luck on a so much larger scale.

----

As a gambling person, you have a knack for probabilities. Every night, you may choose to either:

1) randomize action done upon you
2) randomize another player's nightaction
3) randomize any actions done upon another player

The probability for success is always 75%.

Poor Avos, when was the last time he lived past D3? I really wished him to stick around longer, because, as you can imagine, a scrambling power is a goldmine for GM laughs. The only time he got to use it was N1 on Raya, scrambling all the actions done unto her to Johnny. Scrambling was not affected by Cal's lightningrod ability. The Mafia targeted him to put more suspicion on DF and DRTJR, hoping to push a lynch on them. But as you all know, this was not the last time Avos would show up...

Also one additional info about the scramble: In every RNG-roll, I would put myself on the list of potential targets, causing a global event depending on the nature of the action hitting me. For instance, if a wish would have been redirected to me, I would have renamed the thread to „Let's talk about fucking Wishes-Mafia“ with people submitting wishes by PM and at the end of the phase, one would be selected by RNG again. Sadly, never came to be.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top