The Body Politic

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  SurgePox on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:17 am

Smashy B wrote:It's also looking like legalization will pass in Washington too. I'm interested to see how the federal government will react to this. Obama hasn't demonstrated that he's ok with weed in the past.
Obama also has had to play moderately since he has had to worry about reelection. The second term puts the president above politics (more or less) and you see their true policies come out.

I'm worried but this could potentially end favorably on the marijuana issue.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:35 am

SurgePox wrote:
Smashy B wrote:It's also looking like legalization will pass in Washington too. I'm interested to see how the federal government will react to this. Obama hasn't demonstrated that he's ok with weed in the past.
Obama also has had to play moderately since he has had to worry about reelection. The second term puts the president above politics (more or less) and you see their true policies come out.

I like how Obama came out like three months before reelection to say he supported gay marriage (credit to Biden though for doing it first). Sure, people can change their mind, but the timing was perfect. Curious to see if he'll follow through.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:48 am

yup....i know what i'm doing next time i'm in Seattle....so long as the legalization is for anyone currently in state and not just state residents...i suppose i need to go look that up. all i know is people there can't have more than an ounce dry and a pound of brownies etc.

Also going to throw out that i voted for the first time (i was too young last election). It was a great feeling, quite empowering even knowing i'm one of millions. I will say i'm also damned glad i voted early...those lines everywhere....

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:06 am

Smashy B wrote:
SurgePox wrote:

I like how Obama came out like three months before reelection to say he supported gay marriage (credit to Biden though for doing it first). Sure, people can change their mind, but the timing was perfect. Curious to see if he'll follow through.

Yeah, what a coincidence. Almost as if he said that simply to win a few votes. I highly doubt he will do anything about.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:17 am

Outlaw shut the fuck up and gtfo. You didn't fucking vote and you're already being a fucking negative asshole about his second term. Lay off the dude. Gay Marriage was just legalized in a few more states. With Obama staying where he belongs, we can make sure it can stay that way, and even get better.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:35 am

Seriously, chill Snake. Would you believe me if I said I were sorry? I sure hope not.
I just love this notion of, "You didn't vote, you have no say." Oh how many people utter that sentence, it makes me laugh each and every time.

None of you can explain to me what good my vote is, especially in Alabama. So lets assume I voted, now look at the statistics. It would change nothing, especially the Electoral Votes. The only difference is I didn't burden myself to stand in line and vote.

So no, I won't shut up, and if what I say annoys you, well that isn't my problem. Keep in mind I didn't like Romney either. Funny how I have heard so many Obama supporters mock and tease the other side, but criticize Obama even just a little and they get defensive. I have seen both sides bicker and bitch, they all disgust me. This doesn't necessarily include any of you. But hearing how all of these people act, I suppose for now I lost fath in America because the majority seems to be nothing but whiney, bitchy, assholes.

Now, back to what I said about Obama. I would say that about any politician. So don't take it as an attack on Obama. Granted I don't really like him, I still hope he does good in his second term. To wish for a the President to fail because you don't like him is rather self destructive.

tl; dr

No, I won't shut up.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:44 am

I'm glad I don't know too many people like you.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:51 am

SnakeInABox wrote:I'm glad I don't know too many people like you.

Unfortunately for me, I know too many like you.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Yes Outlaw, they are called the Politically informed, and unlike you, they are the movers and shakers of our country.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:17 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:Yes Outlaw, they are called the Politically informed, and unlike you, they are the movers and shakers of our country.
So to be politically informed, you just have to shout "Yay, Obama!" and nothing else? From what I've read from Outlaw he's a lot more politically informed that you give him credit for. Ok, he didn't vote (and neither did you, Snake). I would argue then that he shouldn't complain about how others have voted, which he hasn't. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to be critical of whoever is leading. He justified his reason for not voting, and it makes sense, though I am still disappoint that he didn't vote on the local issues/propositions/initiatives/whatever one's state calls them.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:28 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:Yes Outlaw, they are called the Politically informed, and unlike you, they are the movers and shakers of our country.

Ah typical reaction, I really should have seen that one coming.
---

Thanks Smash, and yeah, I should have voted on the local propositions.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:34 pm

Smashy B wrote:So to be politically informed, you just have to shout "Yay, Obama!" and nothing else? From what I've read from Outlaw he's a lot more politically informed that you give him credit for. Ok, he didn't vote (and neither did you, Snake). I would argue then that he shouldn't complain about how others have voted, which he hasn't. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to be critical of whoever is leading. He justified his reason for not voting, and it makes sense, though I am still disappoint that he didn't vote on the local issues/propositions/initiatives/whatever one's state calls them.

I was not referring to people who support Obama, I was referring to people who support ______. People who realize that every voice counts, even in states that side the opposite that you do. I am one of those people, despite the unfortunate events outside my power that lead to my not being able to vote this year. From everything he has said, and his generally pessimistic behavior, Outlaw has made it clear he is not one of those people.

And yet he has made himself part of this conversation. He has laid out his opinions, he has complained about the people in charge, he has even openly lied to us. Now I'm not going to sit around and pretend Outlaws opinion fucking matters if even OUTLAW says it doesn't.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Heh, I don't remember lying but okay.

My vote didn't matter, my opinion I will state anyways pal. Razz

SnakeInABox wrote:And yet he has made himself part of this conversation. He has laid out his opinions, he has complained about the people in charge, he has even openly lied to us. Now I'm not going to sit around and pretend Outlaws opinion fucking matters if even OUTLAW says it doesn't.

At this point, anything to enrage you babe. You honestly make it too easy.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Outlaw wrote:
SurgePox wrote:
Outlaw wrote:Oh heavens, don't get me wrong. I will participate with local elections.

Outlaw wrote:Not Registered.

Ok I'm dropping this here then I am done. I am getting frustrated with your ignorance. You can act as cool as you want, "Oh look at Outlaw he knows his opinion doesn't matter but he'll say it anyway to piss people off", but you are nothing more than a small part of the large problem that is political ignorance and douchebaggery.

The stupidest man imaginable could have voted for the worst options available, and he still would have had more brains than you did. Because he still voted. He still wanted to vote.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:11 pm

Ah, Don't you love it when everyone claims political ignorance? Be it the Democrats or Republicans, they both claim they are right, and they both claim the other is ignorant. And around and around we go.

Generally, I never talk politics, I keep it to myself. As for the political ignorance ^.
Ah, douchebaggery, I do hate that term. But only to you pal, because I have never really liked you to begin with. It has always been a lingering issue, really.

TIL voting = brains! Really poor on your part, now it just seems you just want to insult me. Razz

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:20 pm

and here you see the reason, why the politics-thread became the whatever-thread: at one point, the discussion gets personal. Great job, guys.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Fedayking wrote:and here you see the reason, why the politics-thread became the whatever-thread: at one point, the discussion gets personal. Great job, guys.

Your welcome, Fed. Though the first thread I was not here for, can't peg that one on me haha.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:16 pm

Snake, Outlaw has the right to have an opinion, and although you have the right to criticize his political inaction, it does not invalidate his views.

Outlaw, stop being condescending. Snake is very passionate, and I agree with his view that you really ought to have voted (as I said earlier.) However, calling him pal, buddy, and shit like that makes it really uncomfortable for me to even try to side with you. In addition, it makes it very difficult come to any sort ofconcensus or agreement to cease the bickering, which although you may not agree that the other party deserves, I hope you can at least both agree that the rest of the forum doesn't deserve to have this litter our discussion.

Take a deep breath, reign it in, and agree to disagree.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:25 pm

As you wish Moderator-Overlord. Razz

We actually stopped about 30 minutes ago so a bit late for that. And damnit I haven't been so condescending in ages, it was actually rather fun. I miss those days.

But you shouldn't have to worry about the thread anymore, though if we had gotten it locked that would have been a bonus. I never liked the idea of Political/Religious discussions on forums, so I guess that was sort of my intent.

But you got it, Surge, we done.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Outlaw wrote:I never liked the idea of Political/Religious discussions on forums, so I guess that was sort of my intent.

But you got it, Surge, we done.
I made this thread with specific intent to allow people who are not interested in politics to have the ability to ignore discussion of it in the whatever thread. I think designating a place beats the alternative of having it spill into discussions where those who want to avoid it can't easily.

I appreciate you guys settling it outside, thanks.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Well you know me, if I see something/someone as a scourge on the forum I have the tendency to attempt to remove it. I was somewhat successful in other forums doing that.

Anyways to divert back to topic because I do have something to say about the election, then I'm flipping out of the thread.

Romney was in the lead for most of the election, Ohio and Florida were pretty split battlegrounds from what I saw. Who took Florida? It doesn't really matter now, but I never saw Florida finally confirm they were done counting. Nevermind I see Obama took Florida (and Ohio but I already knew that). I started to see Obama gain the lead in both Florida and Ohio, and the second to last polls were about to close. I knew once those closed it was over. Washington, Oregon, and California were definitely going to vote towards Obama. I didn't even have to continue watching, they may have been pretty close in terms of Electoral Votes, but California's hefty 55 votes just makes it a no contest at that point.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:21 pm

What a dick.

So 24 out of 36 house members Republican. My county, despite swimming in a sea of red, is blue this time. Obama won by 2 votes.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:27 am

Is that normal for your county?

Jefferson County in Alabama has shown up blue last election and this election. Though this is the county surrounding Birmingham so..

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 am

No, it's usually red.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:09 pm

America, on behalf of the rest of the world, thanks for reelecting Obama instead of a close-minded ignorant warmongering religious nut. I think we're all breathing a sigh of relief at dodging that bullet.

@Snake: Can you have proxy voting in the US? In the UK if you're physically incapable of getting to the polls you can have a trusted individual vote for you in your stead. Not sure if you need to apply for it beforehand though.

The BBC are doing an exit polls analysis, and it's really interesting seeing how all the votes break down. Unsurprisingly rich white men were more likely to vote for Romney. But it's the issues and and the qualities bit I think is the most interesting bit. Bloody hell, the 'cares about me' one. Also the younger voters being more likely to vote Democrats. Wonder if that's a sign of younger people being more open minded, or a sign of modern society being a lot more connected and less isolated that 30+ years ago? Anyone with knowledge of US voting history have an idea?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top