The Body Politic

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Yeah, it's very similar over here. We had state elections...end of last year? Start of this year? I can't remember, hah. I just remember this one crazy bitch making a video and trying to make it go viral about how our state premier (which I guess is the equivalent of a governor?) was ruining her life by being in charge because his party (not him personally, but the party), were planning to repeal the recently put in to place civil union laws.

This was, of course, the more right wing side that won, and they won by a landslide. The previous (left-wing) government only won 6 or 7 seats (out of like 70something). Of course, the internet hasn't shut up about all the horrible things this guy has done and how this is the worst government ever. (He had to cut down a few things like Brisbane Writer's Festival and cutting a lot of jobs because the financial situation from the previous government was so dire and we needed to fix it somehow. Yeah, he might have gone too far, idk. I just remember that video and shudder.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5868
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 25
Location : Gensokyo

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  DRTJR on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:15 pm

SNL should hire the guy who parodied Obama because he's got the mannerisms down pat. I mean best impersonation of Obama yet.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  SurgePox on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:10 am

Outlaw wrote:Which is another reason why I can't stand our politics. The internet, I find, is generally Democrat Biased. At least, on most sites I have been to. So I wouldn't be surprised if that is all you have heard.
This makes sense when you consider that most of the people who use sites that we use (or the internet in general, really) and share our interests tend to be young, and young people are more commonly left leaning or progressives.

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  .. on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:58 am

SurgePox wrote:
Outlaw wrote:Which is another reason why I can't stand our politics. The internet, I find, is generally Democrat Biased. At least, on most sites I have been to. So I wouldn't be surprised if that is all you have heard.
This makes sense when you consider that most of the people who use sites that we use (or the internet in general, really) and share our interests tend to be young, and young people are more commonly left leaning or progressives.

That too.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:04 am

Oh yeah, I never doubted that.

My household is very conservative so I get to hear both extremes. Still, it's actually quite rare for me to hear the conservative side of the arguments (despite at home, obviously).

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5868
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 25
Location : Gensokyo

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  .. on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:44 am

My household is conservative, also I live in Alabama. But I don't see myself as a Republican anymore. I got tired of politics, so now I just hate both sides.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Same really.

Course, here we're obligated to take some interest because voting is compulsory. :U

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5868
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 25
Location : Gensokyo

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:44 am



Ladies and gentlemen, Australia's Prime Minister. Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5868
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 25
Location : Gensokyo

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  .. on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:22 am

Boy , HE sure is elegant.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  SurgePox on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:23 am

I'm pretty sure that's a lady,

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  .. on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:32 pm

SurgePox wrote:I'm pretty sure that's a lady,

I'm mocking the fact that in Australia they are actually having the debate that some people consider it sexist to use the pronoun "she" when referring to their female Prime Minister.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  Sahrimnir on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Because Joss Whedon is awesome:

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

Posts : 1112
Join date : 2009-12-22
Age : 27
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  SurgePox on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:15 am

This video pissed off a ton of people on my facebook newsfeed.

Well played, Whedon.

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  DRTJR on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:31 am

While I disagree with Mr. Whedon
Well played good sir, and I look forward to your next movie.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  Vivienne Vex on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:22 am

That is the best thing that has ever been made because of Romney.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4978
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  .. on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:31 am

To bad this election isn't about which side piss the other off more.

Of course he exaggerates, but if that WERE the case that just gives me more of a reason to vote for Romney. Zombie Apocalypse? He'll yeah, survival mode. You guys die by my hand and my hand alone.

Side Note: I hate it how when a comedian/satirist makes some sort of witty comment on a political stance or issue they are immediately immortalized. Then people start typing everywhere "(NAME) 2012!!!", I'm looking at you Colbert/Stewart 2012. Funny at first, but you ran it into the ground. Witty comments do not make up a President.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Sahrimnir wrote:Because Joss Whedon is awesome:

the americans create the problem, the british have the solution Razz


Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3159
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  TheTJ on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:20 pm

Might be difficult to fit the nation into a pub, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  Raya on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:59 pm

There's a joke in here somewhere about Romney saying the Brits can't organise a riot/zombie apocalypse...

_________________
HG/SS Friends Code: 2364 8721 9695   B/W Friends Code: 2193 7770 9554   X/Y Friends Code:1805-2682-3033
"Foxes never lose their tricks, do they?" - Quaetman
"We'll be going about our business one day and then someone will be like "hm, where's Barda" and Raya will all suspiciously be like "WELL DON'T LOOK AT ME"..." - Rocket Admin Camilla
King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4550
Join date : 2009-08-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  .. on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:42 pm

Raya wrote:There's a joke in here somewhere about Romney saying the Brits can't organise a riot/zombie apocalypse...

Well, lets face it. You can't.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  SurgePox on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:14 pm

Outlaw wrote:
Raya wrote:There's a joke in here somewhere about Romney saying the Brits can't organise a riot/zombie apocalypse...

Well, lets face it. You can't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_England_riots

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  .. on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:43 pm

SurgePox wrote:
Outlaw wrote:
Raya wrote:There's a joke in here somewhere about Romney saying the Brits can't organise a riot/zombie apocalypse...

Well, lets face it. You can't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_England_riots

Not impressed. Try rioting an entire country off your back. (Tee hee, Smug Revolutionary War joke.)

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  Raya on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:37 am

SurgePox wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_England_riots

Also: Romney saying we can't organise the Olympics. That and the riots was what I was referring to.

_________________
HG/SS Friends Code: 2364 8721 9695   B/W Friends Code: 2193 7770 9554   X/Y Friends Code:1805-2682-3033
"Foxes never lose their tricks, do they?" - Quaetman
"We'll be going about our business one day and then someone will be like "hm, where's Barda" and Raya will all suspiciously be like "WELL DON'T LOOK AT ME"..." - Rocket Admin Camilla
King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4550
Join date : 2009-08-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  .. on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:51 am

Well lets face it, you can't.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  Smashy B on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:53 pm

I feel like more people get mad at me when I tell them I'm voting for Gary Johnson rather than Obama/Romney (whichever the person in question isn't voting for).

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Body Politic

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:04 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum