Pokemon A & Ω Hype Train!

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pokemon A & Ω Hype Train!

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:26 pm

Beat Cheren, didn't get much time to play yesterday so I'm playing on the bus today. It's basically a requirement I use Growlithe after game 20, so Growlithe shall be my next catch. Like in Black1, I'm going around catching everything, only using a few things but catching everything I see.

Oshawott is my team pimp, with my female Riolu and Sewaddle.

Picked up a Pidove, it sucks but Big Pecks is such a great ability name so I'm torn as to whether or not to use it (probably will until I get something else that can fly).

I don't want to play tooooooo much before I can link with Black 1 though. Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:56 pm

I just beat the 5th gym. Whenever I've had free time lately, I've been playing White2. I was kinda thinking the other day (and I mentioned this in Skype), but Pokemon can be compared to Dall of Duty. They're pretty much remaking the same game (excluding Pokemon spinoffs). One difference (that Weldar pointed out, I believe) is that there is a longer interval of wait time in between the Pokemon games. But at least with Pokemon it feels like there's something new, even if it's just new Pokemon, attacks and/or mechanics. But that's ok. I'm having a lot of fun with White2. Also helps that one of my roommates loves Pokemon too, so I get to nerd out with him.

Also, my Ferroseed is a boss! He soloed Burgh at level 18. Well, he grew to level 22 at the end of it, but still. I just spammed curse and threw up a couple substitutes (he's traded from White1 btw) and took out the bugs with Gyro Ball. Even had a sub up when Levanny came in, so he one-shotted. It was disgusting.

Edit: And moist.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:44 am

Well I hope you all enjoy your new Pokemon game. I won't be playing Pokemon until they, for whatever reason, remake Gen 3.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:28 pm

I too have been enjoying Black 2. Right now I've just met Rosa, and am fighting the Subway Bosses (they did the pose and everything! *squee* ).

My team so far is Servine, Flaaffy, Lucario, Azumarill, Tranquill, and Growlithe. All of which are level 20-22.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Fuck yes, Growlithe!

I just got to Castelia City and I'm fucking around. I actually found a wild Scraggy, eeee (I couldn't find Scraggy at all in the rom I played). Meh nature and ability though, I'm going to look for a better one (aren't I such a wonderful trainer).

I got caught up in Pokewood. I was like wow this is stupid OH WOW MY MOVIE EARNED 20 BILLION LET'S DO ANOTHER ONE

Anyway, my team is Growlithe, Dewott, Riolu, Sewaddle and Magnemite. Scraggy will join soon. Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:01 am

Totally addicted to Roxie's gym theme, by the way.

Are you a fan of "P, O, K, E, M, O-N, POKEMON!" or the japanese version of "D, O, G, A, R, S, DOGARS!"

(Dogars is Koffing's japanese name)

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:43 am

SonGopaul wrote:Totally addicted to Roxie's gym theme, by the way.

Are you a fan of "P, O, K, E, M, O-N, POKEMON!" or the japanese version of "D, O, G, A, R, S, DOGARS!"

(Dogars is Koffing's japanese name)

Ohhh man, that explains a lot.

I like the English one because her voice sounds cooler.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Oh, and don't mess with Hugh's rage. It's so powerful it's become a meme.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:46 pm

I'm getting so caught up in silly things like movies and Join Avenue, whoops.

I now have N's Scraggy on my team! <3

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Finally got my first gym badge. Man, I'm getting through this game slowly. I spent about a bloody hour trying to get a Riolu. It's not got the greatest personality but I'm not walking through the grass all that time again Razz

Weirdly, guess who the strongest member of my team is?

This mofo is destroying everything. He tanks like crazy and just rips apart everything with Bug Bite, despite having a nature that lowers attack. My Tepig got knocked out by Cheren's Lillipup, so guess who stepped up to the plate and made that Lillipup his bitch? That's right, Count Caterpie here.

Why did nobody tell me Sewaddle were so awesome?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Wait.....nature alters stat growth? POKEMON IS GETTING TO COMPLEX!!!!

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Relmitos wrote:Wait.....nature alters stat growth? POKEMON IS GETTING TO COMPLEX!!!!

Relm? Are you...are you somehow posting from 2003?

Quick, warn the world the Iraq War is a bad idea! And give my past self the winning lottery numbers!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:24 pm

Let me tell you how much I've played any pokemon gen past gen 1.

Hint: It's somewhere below once

Edit: Hell, I never even beat gen 1. I think the furthest I got was the third badge; I spend to long trying to grind every pokemon I get and I lose interest.

Edit 2: I did play leaf green, that's how I know about nature in the first place. I just assumed it had something to do with breeding

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Raya wrote:Finally got my first gym badge. Man, I'm getting through this game slowly. I spent about a bloody hour trying to get a Riolu. It's not got the greatest personality but I'm not walking through the grass all that time again Razz

Weirdly, guess who the strongest member of my team is?

This mofo is destroying everything. He tanks like crazy and just rips apart everything with Bug Bite, despite having a nature that lowers attack. My Tepig got knocked out by Cheren's Lillipup, so guess who stepped up to the plate and made that Lillipup his bitch? That's right, Count Caterpie here.

Why did nobody tell me Sewaddle were so awesome?

I know right? Mine's pretty much the same. She evolved in to Leavanny before the 3rd gym too, about the time my Riolu evolved in to Lucario. Apparently happiness evolutions are super easy.

She's one of the lowest levelled members of my team right now (a bug gym wouldn't have been the place to take her, besides Growlithe absolutely wrecked it) but she's still pretty good.

My team comp is silly because I have 2 steel types (Magnemite and Lucario) and two fighting types (Lucario and Scraggy). Scraggy doesn't have the best nature (+Def -Sp. Def), it's not Moxie and I couldn't even nickname it but after searching for a decent Scraggy for so long with no success I think I'll just stick with this one. It's N's, and that's what I like about it. It has that little shine animation when I send it out in to battle.

I was tempted to actually not use it but then I remembered that I'm me and me not using a Scraggy...yeah right.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Man, I missed out on Sewaddle. I was too busy cleaning up the corpses that my Coil/Leaf Blade Serperior's been leaving behind.

I've been playing the game like mad recently, I'm now at Drayden. Who WRESTLES DRAGON POKEMON for fun.

Mommy, I'm scared.

Nah seriously, the best chance I have against Drayden is my Lucario, who's best move is Rock Tomb. I think I better backtrack and get some better moves, specifically of the Ice variety.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Oh my god. Today's task for me is to hunt an Eevee.

You know how Eeveelutions are a pain because they take forever to get any good STAB? B2/W2 has fixed this. i.e. Instead of waiting for level SEVENTY ONE for Thunder, Jolteon has it at level 45. Which is normally the level it has to be to get any STAB at all.

I was looking them up and it's like yeah, Vaporeon gets Water Gun at 9, Water Pulse at 15/16, and it keep going up learning good moves until its final move, Hydro Pump, at 45 (moot since Vaporeon's best STAB is Surf which you get midgame anyway but still). I really want to put a Vaporeon on my team so yeah, I'm going to be hunting Eevees in Castelia City today.

Also, Scraggy, Dewott and Leavanny wrecked Clay.

Also, someone's just released an orchestrated album of Pokemon Red and Blue. Sounds pretty good:

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:32 pm

we should share friend codes.

Mine's 0820 1582 9838

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Raya wrote:Why did nobody tell me Sewaddle were so awesome?
Back when Black and White were the shit I was all about Sewaddle/Levanny, and I think I was the only one that used one. All y'all was all up on Scolipede's nuts. :U

Just wait until Levanny learns Leaf Blade and X-scissor and Swords dance. (If she doesn't learn them by level, or at a later level, TM them if you can/want.)

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Leavanny is boxed right now. Sad

(I'm up to Skyla so she really won't be any help).

I put Elgyem in my team, never used one before so it should be interesting.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:55 am

Elgyem's a nice mixed special attacker, but it's lack of speed lets it down. I remember bumping into a trainer in Victory Road on Black 1, and her Beheeyem nearly destroyed my entire team.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:18 pm

Beat the Elite Four! They actually weren't that hard at all, the worst was taking on Marshall's Mienshao with my Altaria, because Altaria is not a very good Pokemon and I'd be better off with a Dragonite or Salamence. Razz

I had two Pokemon faint at Iris, due to my own stupidity than her being tough. Namely, I forgot to put Vaporeon in front first of all, then I sent in Arcanine against Haxorus for the sake of it. (Arcanine was slower).

Still, they weren't that difficult at all. I'm glad I ground to level 60 for it, though.

Now I am simply opening up the map slowly, heh.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:31 pm

I just got Pokemon Black 2:Electric Boogaloo. I cheated and am now rocking a Jolteon and a charmeleon with my Dewoot.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:51 pm

I bred myself an Eevee in SoulSilver, evolved it in to Vaporeon and sent it over. It replaced Dewott, unfortunately. Oh well.

I caught Cresselia last night, just got to the Dreamyard and Latios is wandering around. C'mere, Latios. I need you on my team.

Oh, and I never thought I'd have an OTP in Pokemon, but then the dropped item sidequest happened.

Spoiler:

Wow Curtis/Christoph is a cutie! I finally got him to trade with me, too. We rode the Ferris Wheel and he's like "the Unova region sure is pretty, isn't it? But that's not the only thing that's pretty around here. I wish things could go slower...this Ferris Wheel...time..." and every time I call him he's like "I found this beautiful fishing spot! We should go together sometime!" or "Sorry, I'm a little under the weather...you're right, I need to rest and get better. Seeing your face should help me recover, too". shfasdfhsdkfhdsuf it's too cute.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:17 pm

I also Named my Rival Susan because I thought it would be funny.
It oddly fits that a dude named Susan would have such a bad inferiority complex.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:15 am

DRTJR wrote:I also Named my Rival Susan because I thought it would be funny.
It oddly fits that a dude named Susan would have such a bad inferiority complex.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:05 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top