Pokemon A & Ω Hype Train!

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pokemon A & Ω Hype Train!

Post  SonGopaul on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:44 am

I'm not sure what to think of it yet, but I don't see this coming outside of Japan for a LONG time.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:45 am

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 took a bit less than a year to get a worldwide release on consoles after launching in Japan as an arcade exclusive. Given that they made a trailer in English too I'm sure it'll come over, might take a few months but it'll happen.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:00 pm

>Guys, we're going to make a HUGE announcement that will change everything about Pokemon!
>It's in limited places and Japan only btw.

As much as I like Nintendo's games, what I hate about them as a company is that they have no grasp of their market. They're still stuck in the 90s mindset that only the domestic market matters and foreign markets are just an afterthought. I'm pretty sure this is one of the reasons they're getting absolutely hammered in the console war, they're utterly screwing up their dealings with the western market. Nintendo really need to get it into their heads that the world is a smaller place nowadays, they can't keep making region exclusives anymore.

If this ever sees a western release I'm willing to bet it's going to be download only and barely supported. Dammit Nintendo.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:21 pm

Chill out, Raya. This sin't soley Nintendo's doing. While GameFreak is a first party (or second party) developer, they're pretty autonomous with what they do outside of the main game. If you haven't noticed, GameFreak and Nintendo like to experiment with the Pokemon Franchise. (Pokemon TCG is coming to iOS, btw). I'm willing to bet that this won't be region exclusive for very long. The last time Nintendo partnered with Bandai Namco aside from SSB4 they made an arcade Mario Kart and that came to America. The only reason that didn't come to a console is because the consoles already had a Mario Kart game. I think they want to bring this out to a limited market first to test and see how the game does in a reigon where arcades still exist and so they don't risk dumping extra development time/costs and have it potentially flop if they went srtaight to the west. Also, fighting games like Tekken, play better with arcade controls.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:50 am

And apparently this is fairly common practice for Japanese fighting games, especially Nacmo ones, and this is clearly a game primarily a Nacmo game. Like I said above Tekken Tag 2 spent a good few months as a Japanese arcade exclusive but it eventually got a console port as a full proper retail release, the wiiu version even had a ton of extra costumes to turn the characters into various Nintendo characters and a weird extra mode with Mario mushrooms. Apparently they use the Japanese arcades as almost like an extended beta test. Its obviously gonna come over here, and it'll probably be a proper retail release, its what usually happens and they clearly think this is a game people are gonna be interested in, why else would they have that English trailer already?

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:21 pm

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
"In the latest issue of Famitsu, translated by Siliconera, an interview was held with the developers of the upcoming Arcade game, Pokkén Tournament. Not much new was given, but it stated that Mega Evolution will have a major factor in it, following the small cameo of Mega Lucario in the trailer released last week. It was also confirmed that the game is "approximately 30%" complete with the first demo run expected next year. Tsunekazu Ishihara, head of The Pokémon Company, also stated that he wishes for Pokkén Tournament to have a place at the Pokémon World Championships each year alongside the main series Pokémon games and the TCG. We'll bring more as it comes"

Mega Machamp confirmed?

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:12 pm

Smashy B wrote: I think they want to bring this out to a limited market first to test and see how the game does in a reigon where arcades still exist and so they don't risk dumping extra development time/costs and have it potentially flop if they went srtaight to the west.

It's a Pokemon game, it's a licence to print money. Pokemon Channel still sold by the bucketload and that was a game about watching TV.

Smashy B wrote:Mega Machamp confirmed?

I think you've hit the nail on the head. There's only 4 fighting types that can mega evolve, and though I can see Nintendo forcing Lucario down everyone's throats again it makes more sense that they'd have more mega evolutions. Machamp has seriously got to get one, it'd be a crime if it didn't. Also I am totally holding out for a Mega Breloom.

Oh, and for the launch of ORAS, Japan and Europe are both getting figures with the game's release!

Spoiler:

You're just taking the piss now Nintendo.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:09 pm

Okay, I'll admit I've not been a fan of Megas, but...Mega Beedrill. Holy shit.

I was not expecting that in the slightest. And hey, what do you know, it's a pretty solid design too. I'm totally okay with this.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:02 am

YES.

Beedrill was one of my mains going through the story on X, and I once had a TCG deck based around it. Though I wasn't expecting this, I love it.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:27 pm

SonGopaul wrote:YES.

Beedrill was one of my mains going through the story on X, and I once had a TCG deck based around it. Though I wasn't expecting this, I love it.

I still can't get over what a random choice it is. I'd have expected say Linoone or Flygon before Beedrill. I hope this means we get mega Butterfree too (my first game was Blue, so I've always had a softspot for it).

I wonder if this means that Beedrill is going to get an expanded moveset? Really the only moves that can make good use of Adaptability are X-Scissor, Poison Jab and Sludge Bomb. Maybe Struggle Bug if you're playing triples. Otherwise it's going to be as useless as Strong Jaw on mega Sharpedo...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:23 pm

Hmm, good thoughts there. Most likely the moveset will be changed accordingly. I'd still be happy to use it anyways.

While we're on the subject of Bug Megas, I wonder how a Mega Yanmega would work out...

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:15 pm

SonGopaul wrote:While we're on the subject of Bug Megas, I wonder how a Mega Yanmega would work out...

Give it the bug version of Gale Wings and drink your opponent's delicious tears of rage at a priority U-Turn.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:10 am

Raya wrote:
SonGopaul wrote:While we're on the subject of Bug Megas, I wonder how a Mega Yanmega would work out...

Give it the bug version of Gale Wings and drink your opponent's delicious tears of rage at a priority U-Turn.
mmm. salty.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:41 pm

ORAS is out in the UK tomorrow (a week after the rest of the world for some reason), but I managed to get a copy today! I think this goes to show I'm just Nintendo's bitch; I thought RS was the weakest generation and I had zero hype for this game, but I still ended up buying it.

So far my opinion is that it's...adequate. Hoenn is still a boring design, but they've kept a lot of good stuff in from XY (like Amie, yessss!). There's also a nice inclusion of being able to find Pokemon with rare moves in the grass (I found a lv5 Poochyena with Fire Fang). Totally not impressed with Brendan though; if you play a male character when you first meet May she flirts with you. If you play a female Brendan says that he'd hoped you were a boy, that he'll go catch a Pokemon for you since you can't and that he'll show you how to be a trainer. Wow, thanks Brendan, why not tell me to go in the kitchen and make a you a sandwich whilst I'm at it, eesh. I'll admit though, I had a massive nostalgia attack at the start or the game. Nicely done Nintendo.

One thing that occurred to me though that made me smile...11 years ago I bought Sapphire from a local video game shop, on import because the UK release was 4 months after the US. Today I bought Alpha Sapphire from the same shop, again before the official UK release date. Another decade and perhaps I'll repeat history again Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:30 am

I just bought my copy of Omega Ruby this morning, my local GAME opened at 6 this morning because Black Friday. Despite not needing it, I got the guide too out of habit, and a Pikachu Amiibo even though I don't have a WiiU (yet).

I've also got a Fire Fang Poochyena - perhaps it's scripted? Anyways, that's as far as I've got for now.

What about everyone else? It's been a bit quiet from those who got ORAS last week...

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:21 am

That first Poochyena is scripted to have one of the elemental fangs, though I think the one you get is based on your starter choice or something.

I'm in a simialr boat to you Raya, Hoenn's always been my least favourite. And it sounds like a lot of my issues haven't been fixed, people were lambasting an IGN reveiwer for listing "too much water" as a con but too many surf routes was my biggest complaint about R/S/E so that's not gone and they kept the way too many hms and brought back needing badges for them (at least Flash got demoted to tm though thank god). And I'm just not impressed with Brendan's updated design he looks even dumber now. Then again I didn't care for the male trainer design in Black/White 2 or X/Y either, I might just be getting used to picking the girl. Plus they don't have the Emerald Battle Frontier which was the one thing I felt like gen 3 had going for it, Emerald's frontier was the best they've ever had. So its a remake of my least favourite games in the series with my favourite part of them removed.
Of course there do seem to be good new features as well, all the little adjustments and features added in the last 3 generations. DexNav looks abolosutely awesome, an improved version of the great area listing in Black/White 2's pokedex. The Delta episode seems like a good chunk of new postgame plot. I'll probably get it eventually but I'm in no huge rush, especually since Smash Bros is taking this fornight's video games budget without qustion.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:28 am

I only ever played the original Sapphire once (and only got to Victory Road thanks to boredom), so this is kinda new to me. From what I remember of that playthrough, I wasn't impressed by it either. But hey, it's Pokemon, so I bought Omega Ruby out of habit.

My friends convinced me to restart my game and start a Nuzlocke run, to make things more interesting for me. With 1 gym badge in and no deaths so far, I think I'm doing ok for now.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:18 pm

Weldar wrote:That first Poochyena is scripted to have one of the elemental fangs, though I think the one you get is based on your starter choice or something.

I'm pretty sure this is the case. I chose Mudkip and got Fire Fang, someone I know chose Treeko and got Thunder Fang. I'm guessing Torchic gets Ice Fang then?

Also I really don't think they've thought this Pokemon-with-rare-moves thing all the way through. I caught a lv5 Taillow with Boomburst. So before I had my first badge I had a Pokemon with a 100% accuracy 210 power move. Just in case you didn't think the game was easymode enough already.

I am liking the continuity nods they're putting in, such as the cruise ship in BW and the guy who says how Pokemon Centres had two floors until 10 years ago ("And they even had something called a Cable Club!"). It's a nice touch.

SonGopaul wrote:My friends convinced me to restart my game and start a Nuzlocke run, to make things more interesting for me. With 1 gym badge in and no deaths so far, I think I'm doing ok for now.

How's you progress so far? Who's in your team?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:24 pm

Raya wrote:How's you progress so far? Who's in your team?
Well, I got my first and only death (so far) - Soobat, my Zubat was lost to a Magma grunt in the museum.

So far I've just got to Lavaridge Town, and my team is as follows:
  • Bilge, a Lv. 32 Marshtomp
  • Muttley, a Lv. 31 Mightyena
  • Thalia, a Lv. 31 Swellow
  • KingCoon, a Lv. 30 Beautifly
  • Zune, a Lv. 29 Linoone
  • Achmed, a Lv. 29 Voltorb

All of these names were provided by my friends - I simply ask them for a nickname when I catch a new Pokemon. One of the best nicknames in my past runs was on Soul Silver when I was suggested to name a female Furret Chuck Norris. I could only find space for Norris, and that very Furret became the MVP of the run. She even solo'd Clair's gym with Headbutt flinches!

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:12 am

I did a nuzlocke run of Ruby (GBA) a little while ago. MVPs were Captain Falcon the Blaziken (an expected outcome) and DOUSHITE the Exploud. (A surprise MVP. Holy shit did this guy put in work.) Ice beam for days and attack/sp.attack for weeks and an unwavering resolve to literally Stomp all the enemy pokemon into submission.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:32 pm

Nice. One of my friends has an Exploud on his team, and he loves it.

An update on my adventure:
After being an awesome teammate (including solo'ing Brawly), KingCoon the Beautifly was OHKO'd from a Retaliate via Norman's Slaking. He has since been replaced by a scripted Pokemon (which I won't spoil for you).

Also, Bilge and Achmed have evolved into a Swampert and Electrode respectively.

I lied:
It's Latios. And I didn't rename it because I don't nickname legendary Pokemon.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:47 pm

One thing I love about nuzlockes are the unexpected bros you find. Last time I did one was on Avalanche's FR hack and my biggest bro was Requiem the Marowak (everyone was named after forum members). When I caught him as a Cubone he was an utter liability and completely useless, but by the end he was an absolute tank and the most dependable member of my team. I nearly did a nuzlocke for ORAS, but it's probably for the best I didn't after encountering that Boomburst Taillow...

Y'know, it's amazing how much of this game I remember, it's all coming back to me. RS was the first game where you could upgrade your trainer card and there was a rumour that one of the upgrades was defeating every trainer in the game. Of course this did nothing, so the idea was that there was a hidden trainer somewhere in the game, the common theory being they were out of sight under the cycling road. I reached that area the other night and suddenly had flashbacks of searching for ages for this theorised trainer Razz

Reached Mauville earlier, good grief that's one hell of an upgrade! I always thought Mauville was the most boring city (it's literally just a road), but it's got such a massive revamp. Okay, it's now an expy of Lumiose, but still, can't complain.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:49 pm

I've reached the Elite four, but not without more sacrifices. Trainers on Victory Road took the lives of Muttley the Mightyena, and Thalia the Swellow.

As replacements, I am training Twiglet, a Mawile I caught on Victory Road, and NumaNuma, a Numel (now a Camerupt) that I caught early on in the run. Since the latter is highly underlevelled, this may take a while.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:19 pm

I've just completed a run of Alpha Sapphire using only Breloom and Blaziken in Nuzlocke "faint is die and no revives" rule. I had a shiny linoon as HM bitch and added a wailmer to that for dive and waterfall.
Breloom and Blaziken were absolute bro's, like they always are, but in the end Breloom fell to a stray of bad luck as Sky uppercut missed on one of Glacia's Glalies. Blaziken Mega'd through the rest (no surprise there)

I always loved Hoenn, and I was excited about this game. I like all the additions they made to it and I love that they cut out all the ridiculous backtracking it made you do untill you get the badass eon flute. I've played the old versions of the game to death though, so I actually found myself putting the game away a lot more than I figured I would. I haven't even bothered with the desert yet.

Also for Nuzlockers, a maybe spoiler but still something that made me flip my shit after I just won the Elite 4 and only had 1 viable pokemon in my team left
Spoiler:
after the end credits, May throws you a fast one and challenges you with her entire team. Mega Swampert OHKO'd my blaziken and I had to rely on the ghost of Breloom to save the day.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:50 pm

Perry wrote:
Spoiler:
after the end credits, May throws you a fast one and challenges you with her entire team. Mega Swampert OHKO'd my blaziken and I had to rely on the ghost of Breloom to save the day.

Spoiler:
Fun fact, if you lose that battle the game appparently justs acts as if you won it. Your rival's dialogue doesn't change at all and it still continues onto the postgame as normal.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top