Pokemon A & Ω Hype Train!

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pokemon A & Ω Hype Train!

Post  TheTJ on Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:37 am

Weldar wrote:
Perry wrote:
Spoiler:
after the end credits, May throws you a fast one and challenges you with her entire team. Mega Swampert OHKO'd my blaziken and I had to rely on the ghost of Breloom to save the day.

Spoiler:
Fun fact, if you lose that battle the game appparently justs acts as if you won it. Your rival's dialogue doesn't change at all and it still continues onto the postgame as normal.
Spoiler:
Although I suppose if they were your last Pokemon you'd have to retire right after that battle.

I just picked up Omega Ruby and started a Nuzlocke challenge. As a surprise to absolutely no one I named the Trainer "Doctor" and am naming all of my Pokemon after companions.

I've already lost Vicki the Zigzagoon on route 102 after running into a surskit which murdered her with a critical bubble. hopefully my luck will improve.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:44 pm

Seriously, the Elite Four is relentless for a Nuzlocker. By the time I reached Steven, I was down to Bilge, Latios and a poisoned Zune. Apart from Latios, all of them were at pretty low HP.

I quickly taught Zune Rain Dance so I could make use of Bilge’s Swift Swim before Zune died to the poison. However, I didn’t expect Steven to lead with a Skarmory. That was okay, because Latios had Surf anyway (it was my only special attacker).

Latios dealt with Skarmory, Bilge destroyed Aggron, but then Steven threw a curveball and sent out Cradily. I can never remember Cradily’s type, but I know it usually has grass type moves so I switched back to Latios.

Steven followed up with an Armalado and I went back to Bilge, but I didn’t expect Armaldo to have Sturdy. So, Bilge finally fell to an X-Scissor.

So with one Pokemon each left, it was Latios vs Mega Metagross. My first attempt at Surf didn’t hurt Metagross enough, so Latios got hit hard with a Giga Impact. Thinking I had the chance to take out Metagross before it recharged, I used another Surf. However, it still wasn’t enough to do the job. I thought I had one last chance, but I was victim to a Bullet Punch that ended the battle.

I’m beginning to doubt ever doing a Nuzlocke challenge again. Especially not a blind one.

At least I found a new found love for Camerupt, and I can also understand what the fuss over Mega Mawile is all about.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:28 am

@Perry: You managed to catch a shiny Linoone in a nuzlocke? Lucky man. My shiny encounter rate is abysmal. Not counting the Red Gyarados, my encounter rate currently stands at 0.5 per game. Or approximately 1 every 380 hours. Damn.

@Son: Mega Mawile is an absolute nightmare. The best way to deal with it is praying Will-O-Wisp hits, because it will utterly neutralise it. Its Attack is the only good stat it has, and once you take that away it's back to being rubbish again, at least long enough for you to focus on the other threats. Just hope you can do that before your opponent gets a Trick Room off...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:02 pm

I was talking about using one, but I'll keep that in mind.

I've given up on the run and just beat the game normally, and loved the postgame. I'm now at the Battle Resort, but I've gone back to Pokemon X to breed a new Weedle. Gonna try out some Mega Beedrill goodness.

EDIT: Another update - I had the idea of trading between my copy of Pokemon X and Omega Ruby via the GTS. So I bred a box full of Zubats and tested this method by trading one with an old Azumarill that I out ages ago. However, someone had beaten me to the trade and sent me a PERFECT 5 IV AZUMARILL. Moves, EVS, even Pokerus.

Talk about a bit of good luck, eh?

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:13 pm

SonGopaul wrote:
EDIT: Another update - I had the idea of trading between my copy of Pokemon X and Omega Ruby via the GTS. So I bred a box full of Zubats and tested this method by trading one with an old Azumarill that I out ages ago. However, someone had beaten me to the trade and sent me a PERFECT 5 IV AZUMARILL. Moves, EVS, even Pokerus.

Talk about a bit of good luck, eh?

Either someone is the nicest person ever or someone is howling in despair at having sent the wrong Azumarill Razz

On another note, where has this been all my life:

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:29 am

Well I got Alpha Sapphire a while back and just beat it a couple of days ago. It was... alright I guess. On the whole I still feel like hg/ss was way better as a remake than this but it's not bad by any means and its hard for me not to be biased on that call since Hoenn's still definitely my least favourite region and Johto is probably my favourite. HG/SS just felt like such an expansion in the original games in a whole bunch of ways, this felt mostly just like Ruby/Sapphire in the more modern engine. It had a lot of great improvements, the dexnav is probably my favourite thing in the game. Its basically just area listing stuff from Black/White 2 but actually expanded and improved upon (and I guess also the hidden hollow type mechanics) and b/w2 have a lot of features I'd be more than happy to see them bring back. They actually gave the Elite 4 proper teams and even a mega evolution for their rematches (seriously why didn't x/y do that? They all had a pokemon that could mega evolve on their team). Delta Episode was neat but the postgame still feels kind of underwhelming without a battle frontier. I mean the Delta Episode is the best postgame storyline we've had for sure but its not like its leaps and bounds ahead of say, the x/y Looker plotline (though again I may be biased due to Looker being my favourite character in the franchise). Most my issues with Hoenn weren't really fixed, I guess they did smooth out the level bump around Norman a bit/improve grinding. The level curve is another place this one seemed a lot better than x/y actually, I turned the exp share off and by playing fighting every training but never really trying to grind was ahead but not ridiculously so for most the game eventually falling off very late and was a few levels under the Elite 4 when I got to them, so about average for pokemon. In x/y playing that way I found myself frequently underlevelled with the exp share off and way overlevelled with it on.
Also on a small side note I love the implication that this game (and by extension x/y) are an alternate universe/timeline to the rest of the pokemon games. We got branches, factor recurring elements like Looker or everyone being at the Pokemon World tournament and soon the pokemon timeline is gonna be the next Zelda timeline.

The main thing I came away feeling at the end of everything though was; FUCK Brendan. I think he's become my least favourite character in pokemon. I am not a fan at all of his new design and he still makes an awful first impression being, well a bit of a sexist and/or asshole, or at least just an idiot. But that was true back in gen 3 and I was still mostly apathetic there. The thing is your rival in gen 3 is the weakest in the series. They never really do much, just kinda show up from time to time, they don't have any particular plot or character arc and hell, they don't even fully evolve their starter in the original games. I honestly feel like Brendan/May is a fakeout, Wally is your real rival. He's its much the same, they don't expand upon these interactions much they're still sort of just apparently wandering around occasionally crossing your path, they fully evolve their starter in time for the battle in Lilycove so hey, good for you Brendan. But then they add more interactions later at big serious moments like in front of the Cave or Origins and right after you beat the Champion. And he's pulling all sorts of shit like, We're finally worth rivals and we started this journey together we should finish it together. And I'm just like bullshit, we didn't start this journey together at all, you were a trainer when I got here and mostly just went off doing I don't even know what. I'm clearly way ahead of you now, and have been for a long time. Bullshit you're a worthy rival. I mean look at the gym signs; its Wally who's a registered in all the gyms alongside you not Brendan. Wally is still far more of an actual rival, he has a character arc, his battle in Victory Road was one of my favourite parts of the game and is still harder than the battle against Brendan after the Elite 4. It just feels like Brendan's trying to latch onto your coattails or something now.
They pulled a lot of these sorts of lines in x/y, and while I came to hate Calem there due to his poor clothing options and his ai fucking me over during double battles while Nuzlocking the writing was fine. Starting that journey together was actually a big thing you did with everyone in those games, and your rivalry feels justified, you and Calem/Serena share the same basic skills and goals you're gonna end up competing in places.
And then there's the Delta episode, which opens with your mother giving you some tickets for a date your Dad had to bail on her and all but saying, you should go on a date with that cute boy next door you like". And despite the fact Brendan does fucking nothing in the Delta Episode the most the ending is all about you two again and showing that date. I feel like they just fail to develop or justify the relationship you're supposed to have with your rival character and they're shoving him down your throat so much it just makes me resist further and go from not caring the character to outright disliking him. Like no you're not a worth rival, no I don't want to go back to Littleroot with you, no I don't want to go watch the meteor shower with you, I don't even like you. Why can't I just go with Wally, or Steven, or Zinnia, or Lisia or hell even Archie I feel like your interactions and relationships with those characters are all as well if not more developed and interesting than your with Brendan (and I presume also May, though at least she has the advantage of not looking as dumb)
So I guess that's my conclusion on OR/AS: Fuck Brendan.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:46 pm

Weldar wrote:So I guess that's my conclusion on OR/AS: Fuck Brendan.

Amen to that. He wasn't a challenge at all in RS and in ORAS he's just a patronising arse.

My main problem with ORAS is that it's just so easy. Okay, I'm not exactly expecting a challenge in a Pokemon game, but this is ridiculous. After beating the 4th gym leader I teleported to Norman and immediately thrashed him without an ounce of training inbetween. I was 15 levels higher than the 6th gym leader. I remember Route 119 being an absolute pain in RS but it was reduced to a long hike in ORAS. This game is so easy it's almost boring.

To be perfectly honest I don't think there's been a decent rival in any of the main Pokemon games since GS. You genuinely wanted to beat Gary because he was such a dick, with Silver a close second. Brendan is just a joke and whatisface (Barry?) from DP was only marginally better. I loved N but wouldn't call him a rival and the bunch of losers who hung round with Calem were some kind of tumblr circlejerk. I miss the days when your rival actually hated you and went out of their way to make your life a misery. Why are they all so friendly and supportive nowadays?

On the plus side I like the improvements to the secret bases. Currently filling mine full with as many plushies as I can. Just like home really Razz Where have you guys put your bases?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:38 pm

Secret Bases? What are those again?

No seriously, I never bother with sidequest stuff like that or the contests. However, my friends say I should get those online QR codes with bases full of Lv100 Blisseys for easy exp grinding.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:02 pm

SonGopaul wrote:Secret Bases? What are those again?

No seriously, I never bother with sidequest stuff like that or the contests. However, my friends say I should get those online QR codes with bases full of Lv100 Blisseys for easy exp grinding.

They're just little dens you can build in the game and decorate as you please. When you streetpass someone your base appears in their game and vice versa.

There's been improvements to them since RS, so it's worthwhile having one. If you go into another secret base you can battle the people inside (I think their levels match your own, so it's good for grinding). Also you can recruit people to hang out in your base which helps you with other things, such as hatching eggs, finding evolution stones, giving massages for happiness etc.

Contests aren't really worth it unless you're already a fan of them, but it's worth having a secret base even if you don't bother decorating it.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:39 pm

Raya wrote:@Perry: You managed to catch a shiny Linoone in a nuzlocke? Lucky man. My shiny encounter rate is abysmal. Not counting the Red Gyarados, my encounter rate currently stands at 0.5 per game. Or approximately 1 every 380 hours. Damn.

Well it wasn't a nuzlocke run in it's "only catch 1 pokemon every route"-glory. I was solely using breloom and blaziken so I didn't bother with catching anything really. Then I just ran into it and I wasn't gonna pass up a shiny.

The shiny rate seems to have drastically increased for me the past 2 games. I had never even encountered one before I got Y, and since then I've encountered about 5 without actively chaining or searching for them.
I also got a shiny seviper through wonder trade. I hope they're happy with my bunnelby....

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:09 pm

Oh yeah - I had my first shiny egg recently while breeding - it was a Vulpix. 4 IVs and Drought, but I kept going until I got a 6 IV one. The shiny has been added to my collection of "Pokemon I won't use but wanna keep anyway".

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:09 pm

It wasn't until pokemon Y that I both encountered and caught my first shiny. It was a Luvdisc, and a side effect of chain fishing them to collect heart scales. I named it SoulSilver. :B My second shiny, similar to Son, was a shiny scatterbug with 4IV's and compound eyes. It's a Vivillon now.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:18 pm

My encountered shiny list is:

R/S: Zubat
LG: Geodude. Used Self-destruct on the first turn. 10 years later and I'm still mad.
D/P: Medicham
X/Y: Drapion. Possibly karma, I was only messing around in the safari so a kid at my gaming club could get a Moxie Gyarados from mine when I encountered it. Had to explain to everyone in earshot why different coloured pixels were so special.

I did manage to get an legit shiny Adamant Ho-oh off the GTS once, my pride and joy :3

Every other shiny has either been from an event or a hack from someone else.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:52 pm

Anybody interested in the Pokemon Symphonic Orchestra concerts? A load of new dates have been released for the US/Canada/Australia, and apparently there's going to be a European tour in 2016, whoop.

(Also judging by the videos, the encore is a big audience singalong of the English theme song. Sounds amazing, will have to try and get tickets!)

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:03 pm

Based Mystery Dungeon returns!

I'm really excited over this, I'm a huge Mystery Dungeon fan. I'm sad they've kept the crappy 3D models again, but thrilled to bits at the return of a decent character selection! Every starter is in there! I'm torn between a Charmander (what I always get on the quizzes) and a Fennekin. Squirtle's being my partner this time round.

Also, every Pokemon is in this game! Good luck recruiting them all...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:37 am

Cofagrigus' run animation makes 3D models 100% worth it all on its own (sorry I couldn't find a video of it without commentary)

I'm excited though, Gates to Infinity did some good things (the battle menu was so improved) it was just really hampered by the lack of available pokemon, something like it but with the actual full roster again, sign me up.

In other news this is interesting. Its pretty obvious Zygrade has a new form (or two) coming what with there being two unused 90 base power physical ground moves with secondary effects in the code while Zygarde's signature is a 90 base power physical ground move with no secondary effect (ie worse Earthquake). Still if that's actually a new Zygarde form in the next movie then perhaps "Z version" might be on its way relatively soon as well.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:11 pm

Yesterday the Pokemon Company made an announcement of a new mobile Pokemon game called Pokemon Go. Eh, whatever, I thought, it's just going to be some shitty app thing like Pokemon Jukebox that is worth neither the time nor the money.

Then I saw the trailer.

I am not ashamed to say I actually teared up a little at this. I have never been so happy and so hyped about an upcoming game. This is the game I've waited 15 years for. I will quite happily run around outside like a lunatic with my phone out catching invisible creatures and beating up random strangers. That massive group battle at the end, gawd.

I know the game probably won't be anything like I envision it to be, but right now, this is perfection. I'm genuinely emotional about this. I can't wait.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:11 pm

I've told a few people that if Pokemon Go is anything even remotely kind of sort of like what the promotional video is like, it could be pretty neat. I'll not get my hopes up for it though.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:22 am

I'll play it, and it looks like fun, but all that got me excited for was advancements in VR or hologram technology.

Seriously, I want to make holograms of Pokemon fight each other in my home sometime before I die. Get on that science.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:23 pm

I'm excited for the new mobile app. I recently moved to a more urban area so hopefully that will open up more opportunities for finding Pokemon.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:32 am

Pokemon ORAS didn't really do it for me. I played a nuzlocke on it, having stolen the 3DS of my little brother, but I didn't feel like doing any postgame stuff. Pokemon X/Y might be my favorite generation thusfar though.

And I am very hype for Pokemon Go. I am curious about how they determine what pokemon are where though. Geographic location? Random location near you?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:40 am

Avalanche wrote:And I am very hype for Pokemon Go. I am curious about how they determine what pokemon are where though. Geographic location? Random location near you?
some peoples imagine Mewtwo in the area 51. :p

Last edited by barda_ehmos ♏ on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:43 am; edited 2 times in total

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:42 am

barda_ehmos ♏ wrote:
Avalanche wrote:And I am very hype for Pokemon Go. I am curious about how they determine what pokemon are where though. Geographic location? Random location near you?

What morons.... That's where Deoxys ought to be.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:43 am

take that :3 http://9gag.com/gag/aAp4dw0

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:57 am

Nintendo obviously can't recreate the entire world, so I think there's two ways they will go about it:

1) Based on google earth/maps. If you're near a body of water water Pokemon will spawn, if you're near a set location a special Pokemon will spawn etc. I live 10 minutes away from a castle, I'm hoping for Honedge Smile

2) Fan input. The company making the game made another AR game where teams compete to take control of portals in various locations. Players can tag places they think would be good portals and they get added. This could work for people tagging local areas as good for Pokemon, disadvantage is everyone tagging Gible in their area and if you don't live in a populated area.

Avalanche wrote:
barda_ehmos ♏ wrote:

What morons.... That's where Deoxys ought to be.

You're both morons.

Spoiler:

Elgyem = LGM = Little Green Men
Beheeyem = BEM = Bug Eyed Monster

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top