Pokemon A & Ω Hype Train!

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pokemon A & Ω Hype Train!

Post  Relmitos on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:39 am

Raya wrote:
1) Based on google earth/maps. If you're near a body of water water Pokemon will spawn, if you're near a set location a special Pokemon will spawn etc. I live 10 minutes away from a castle, I'm hoping for Honedge Smile

I would catch nothing but water type pokemon, all the rivers, swamps, lakes and the Gulf of Mexico around here.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:31 pm

GET HYPED

We all knew this was coming, but it's nice to have confirmation. Some observations:

- The region looks like it has a Spanish/Italian flavour to it. One theory is that it's going to be southern Kalos, since Kalos is based on northern France.

- The wire model doesn't seem to match up with any known Pokemon, so it's likely to be the new regional bird. From reconstructions it looks like it could be a woodpecker.

- Blastoise in a fire engine <3

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:56 pm

The Pokemon Go beta testing has started in Japan, some footage has begun to come out:

I know it's beta and not final, but there's some things coming out that are worrying:

- Instead of regular natures, we have, ahem, 'Stoic, Assassin, Guardian, Raider, Protector, Sentry, and Champion'.

- No wild Pokemon.

- Pokemon evolve by catching multiples of the same one, instead of levelling up.

- No status moves.

- Preliminary reports suggest gym battles aren't real time, more like 'send your Pokemon, check back some time later'.

- Microtransactions.

Oh boy, I'm started to get worried. I've been massively hyped for this game, so of course it can only disappoint me. But it's just a beta, hopefully the final product will be improved...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrotrap on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:19 pm

Would it really have been to much to ask for the traditional Pokemon game formula minus the level progression as you leave your hometown, stuffed into an Augmented Reality game? I was so disappointed when I found out about those things. Sad

Pyrotrap
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Pyrotrap wrote:Would it really have been to much to ask for the traditional Pokemon game formula minus the level progression as you leave your hometown, stuffed into an Augmented Reality game?  I was so disappointed when I found out about those things. Sad

I'm baffled as to why they haven't done this, really. I imagined you'd get a starter, then the AR part acts like an actual Pokemon game. Thing is, even though it's a Pokemon game and so guaranteed to make a buttload of money, if it turns out to be a trainwreck the fanbase is going to tear Niantic apart. They'll really struggle to get another good contract again if it turns out to be dreadful.

Also is it wrong I'm totally disappointed the three teams you can join are Red, Blue and Yellow, instead of Rocket?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:10 am

The names for the legendaries have very likely been uncovered by persistent interneters.

Solgaleo and Lunaala.

There's also a lot of debate going on regarding a new type (with the Moon legendary being dark-type according to the symbol on the box art and the Sun legendary being an unknown type cause we don't know the symbol on the box art.

Also also; a lot of debate regarding its location. Hawaii-or-Spain inspired seems most likely considering the evidence but doesn't really excite me. South-America would excite me but the evidence for it is pretty weak. Seems like I have to wait till gen 35 for a Pokemon game to be set in Holland.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Avalanche wrote:The names for the legendaries have very likely been uncovered by persistent interneters.

Solgaleo and Lunaala.

Please tell me I wasn't the only person who thought this when their names were revealed:

Spoiler:

Calling it now, Lunaala is going to be a rabbit Pokemon.

Avalanche wrote:There's also a lot of debate going on regarding a new type (with the Moon legendary being dark-type according to the symbol on the box art and the Sun legendary being an unknown type cause we don't know the symbol on the box art.

I doubt there's going to be a new type, there's not really a gap to be filled, and the symbol is barely similar to the dark symbol. If anything it's going to be a fire type.

Avalanche wrote:Seems like I have to wait till gen 35 for a Pokemon game to be set in Holland.

Hey, in the early days there was a big debate about whether Gen5 was set in the UK or the US. What could have been ;_;

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:15 pm

I actually would really like a moonrabbit legendary but I've kind of put my money on the firestarter this gen being a rabbit because of the whole chinese zodiac trend they follow. 2 different rabbit pokemon in one gen seems like overdoing it. It's not like we have a shortage of them as is.

Agree with the whole no new type yet. There was this whole 'light' type thing, but fairy stole a lot of its thunder. Other speculated types like celestial, cosmic or radiation are cool in theory but there really doesn't seem to be a need for them.... Though cosmic could retype a few older pokemon and fit the theme of sun and moon.

I also saw some folks speculate a reburst type, based on the not-very-good spinoff manga and the fact that Ash's Greninja is a thing that exists.... But even at their dumbest Gamefreak wouldn't do something like turning that into canon, right? Right?

And don't worry Raya. I am certain we'll visit the UK before generation 20.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:01 am

Raya wrote:
Avalanche wrote:The names for the legendaries have very likely been uncovered by persistent interneters.

Solgaleo and Lunaala.

Please tell me I wasn't the only person who thought this when their names were revealed:

Spoiler:

Calling it now, Lunaala is going to be a rabbit Pokemon.

Avalanche wrote:There's also a lot of debate going on regarding a new type (with the Moon legendary being dark-type according to the symbol on the box art and the Sun legendary being an unknown type cause we don't know the symbol on the box art.

I doubt there's going to be a new type, there's not really a gap to be filled, and the symbol is barely similar to the dark symbol. If anything it's going to be a fire type.

Avalanche wrote:Seems like I have to wait till gen 35 for a Pokemon game to be set in Holland.

Hey, in the early days there was a big debate about whether Gen5 was set in the UK or the US. What could have been ;_;

Honestly my first thught was Galileo

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:29 pm

I want to believe.

Spoiler:

The Magician's Adviser wrote:
Honestly my first thught was Galileo

Give this man a job at Nintendo.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun May 01, 2016 5:19 am

I like the idea of a grass/flying starter, and the fire/water starters seem to follow their themes as well, so I consider it a plausible starters trio.

In other news: Pokemon Rejuvenation is kicking my ass so hard, I've had to give up Nuzlocking it entirely. I survived a terrorist attack, saved friends from an Arceus death cult, stopped a public lynching by xenophobic Giratina enthusiasts, battled Giratina and am now breaking out of not-Alcatraz, which may or may not be an FMA-kinda scheme to collect human sacrifice......  I have 4 out of 16 badges. Can definitely recommend.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue May 10, 2016 7:31 am

Pokemon Hawaii Confirmed

I need that grass starter. It has a bowtie.

Also, if they don't call the professor Palm or Palmer, I am done with this series.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Tue May 10, 2016 8:45 am

Well I'm usually all water starters first but that seal is not a promising start. Owl is definitely the standout for me too. Still, won't make any real call till we know all the evolutions. Fennekin was serious contender for getting me to break my water streak but Delphox ended up being a solid candidate for my least favourite starter of the whole franchise, never know what those evolutions are gonna bring.

Hawaii's neat, hope it doesn't turn into surf hell like Hoenn though.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue May 10, 2016 11:55 am

TEAM ROWLET ALL THE WAY

BEST GRASS STARTER

I'm not raving about these starters, but they're not bad. Rowlet is great, Litten has potential, Popplio...not so much (I know it's going for a circus theme, but I'm hoping the plio part of its name comes from a muthafucking pliosaur and we end up with a monster). Withholding judgement until the reveal of the final forms though, Rowlet could end up garbage and Litten into something incredible.

Also I know it's deviantart edgelord tier, but I really like Lunaala for some reason.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue May 17, 2016 12:07 pm

Pokemon Go trials are beginning in the US this month!

So if you're in the US, you can sign up for the chance to be a beta tester. Get in there!

Also, potential leaked information about the new starters: apparently people have been datamining Japanese sites, and have uncovered that the starters will end up as Grass/Flying, Fire/Ground and Water/Fighting. Make of this what you will.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue May 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Raya wrote:
Also, potential leaked information about the new starters: apparently people have been datamining Japanese sites, and have uncovered that the starters will end up as Grass/Flying, Fire/Ground and Water/Fighting. Make of this what you will.

Aaaw, I was hoping for a fire/dark or fire/poison starter. Still, makes me curious how Litten is gonna look age 36. Also, Gamefreak can't stop making starters fighting type can they? I don't particularly mind water/fighting but I expected water/ice, water/fairy or even water/psychic. Grass/Flying was pretty obvious.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:06 am

Two new Pokemon revealed! We've got Nekkoala, a normal type, and Iwanko, a rock type.

Spoiler:

Can't believe it's taken 7 generations to finally get a koala Pokemon. Bet Weldar's happy.

I'm really happy about Iwanko, you just know it's going to evolve into a fu dog. Also look how cute that mofo is.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:31 pm

CAN WE TALK ABOUT YUNGOOS PLEASE

I love this guy so much, he's just blazed his way into my top favourite Pokemon list. Admittedly he looks like Donald Trump, but hey ho.

Also, Pokemon Go is being released in July! That's way sooner then a lot of people expected. I might need to upgrade my phone pretty sharpish...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:35 pm

Even more new Pokemon!

I am shamelessly, shamelessly obsessed with Cutiefly. I absolutely love it to pieces. This is turning out to be a pretty good generation so far...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrotrap on Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:32 pm

Raya wrote:Even more new Pokemon!
I really like Vikavolt.  His middle stage is a bit weird looking, but I feel like I might actually want to use the (presumably) early bug type for once.

Pyrotrap
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:30 pm

Even more new Pokemon!

I have to say, I'm really, really pleased with Gen7 so far. There hasn't been a single Pokemon design I've hated. Even the weakest barely scratch 'meh' level. Also 'Bewear' has to be the best Pokemon name ever, it's absolutely great.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:26 pm

Pokemon GO has overtaken North America and with it has brought on the zombie apocalypse!

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

View previous topic View next topic Back to top