Post  Fedaykin on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:56 pm

All the best there, Roy Smile

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lonely Hearts Club

Post  Perry on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:52 pm

one dutchie (potentially) leaves the club, another joins.

I just had a mutual breakup session with my... ex now, i guess... We're very good with it all and really feel like we can stay friends and whatnot if we give eachother enough space and try not to indulge ourself when we get sad.

Personally, I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not fit for relationships at the moment. Not in the sense of "omg, i'm such a horrible person, no one would ever want to be with me" but more in the sense of.... Everything I want to do, I want to do solo. I want to keep growing as a person before I'll be ready to really be with someone else I think.

Of course, that all comes after I finally let myself cry over this first...

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:14 pm

Good luck Roy Very Happy

And damn Perry, I'm sorry to hear about it =/

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:25 am

So... there's this girl. We've been classmates for a while. From the first time I saw her I thought she was kind of cute and I should ask her out, but before I could manage to do that she got a boyfriend. This was about a year and a half ago.

Now we're doing a school project together and have gotten plenty of chances to talk and get to know each other better. Apparently we have a lot in common.

Yesterday I found out their relationship isn't doing very well. After referring to him as her boyfriend, she corrected herself and said he isn't her boyfriend anymore. Also it appears to be quite a messy break-up and he's sending her hostile text messages.

This is obviously very hard for her and of course I feel sorry for her, but at the same time a part of me feels glad that it seems like she'll be available in a near future. I feel kind of guilty that a part of me is happy about this happening to her.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:44 pm

Nonsense, it's human nature to be glad about something like that. That means now there is hope. And feeling bad that hope becomes available when you didn't do anything to cause the break up. Eh, not worth feeling guilty about.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:44 pm

As long as you don't say anything like "wow I am glad you broke up" you are in the clear. In fact, don't even talk about the other guy at all. If you are interested, that is seperate from her previous relationship with him and not anything worth orienting your own interest around.

You are not wrong for feeling that way, at all, but I'd just advise you don't really talk about it and instead focus on yourself and her :3

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:45 pm

Go for it Sah. It's understandable you feel a bit guilty, but as Surge said as long as you're not making it clear you're happy with them breaking up it'll be fine. One thing though, don't act like you're a vulture, circling round waiting for a chance to swoop in. It's not very nice to realise. Just enjoy building up your friendship together and see where it goes from there.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Sooooo, yeah. I'm posting here.

I have found someone who I am interested in quite a bit. His name is Ebs and for quite awhile had feelings for him. I met him in The Hajike Festival and over time we just started spending more time with him and eventually I started to really like him. What's even better is that he's pansexual so here's an actual chance of it happening! And a bit ago I did ask him if he would go out with me. He said if I was with him in London then it would be a yes. But he just got out of a online relationship that did not end that well so he does not want to go into another one. But he did say that if he changes his mind that I would be the first one to know about it. 

And so begins the test of being patient that has been grounded into my head since the past year or so. 

I can wait as long as it takes!

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:31 am

yeah vie, good luck. :3

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:34 am

Bluh bluh bluh.

Only drunk me will tell you all, but I am desperately lonely.

Oh man I wish I could meet someone

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:43 am

TheTJ wrote:Bluh bluh bluh.

don't search about it, she comes when you least expect it.
if you realy want it, why you don't seduce/dredge ?
some womans like when guys take risks :3

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:27 pm

TheTJ wrote:Bluh bluh bluh.

while the Ocean is indeed full of fish, your not going to catch anything on shore, go into that ocean and you will find your fish.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:39 am

Sahrimnir wrote:So... there's this girl. We've been classmates for a while. From the first time I saw her I thought she was kind of cute and I should ask her out, but before I could manage to do that she got a boyfriend. This was about a year and a half ago.

Now we're doing a school project together and have gotten plenty of chances to talk and get to know each other better. Apparently we have a lot in common.

Yesterday I found out their relationship isn't doing very well. After referring to him as her boyfriend, she corrected herself and said he isn't her boyfriend anymore. Also it appears to be quite a messy break-up and he's sending her hostile text messages.

This is obviously very hard for her and of course I feel sorry for her, but at the same time a part of me feels glad that it seems like she'll be available in a near future. I feel kind of guilty that a part of me is happy about this happening to her.
Yesterday was a weird day...

As I mentioned in the post I'm quoting, she and her former boyfriend broke up a few months ago. It was an extremely messy break-up, so I thought I should give her some time before I make a move. Then I was away for much of the summer and didn't meet her again until this semester started.

So yeah, we talked a little before the lecture yesterday and I found out that she's pregnant. Does it seem like I'm skipping two or three parts of the story? Because that's pretty much how I felt. Apparently she got a new boyfriend during the summer. Apparently he knows me, but I don't remember him. Apparently he and I studied game development together back in the day. He seems like a decent guy and she seems much happier with him than with her asshole ex, so I'm happy for her (about the new boyfriend, not about the unwanted pregnancy). Anyway, she said that she thinks the whole baby-thing is happening way too fast so she's having an abortion.

In related news, this spring it's time to do my bachelor's thesis. In this program, we're supposed to do it pairwise. She and I have worked on other school projects together in the past and found that we work quite well together, so we decided while eating lunch yesterday that we're probably gonna do our bachelor's thesis together.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:33 pm

Wait, wait, so she gets a new boyfriend right after a very messy breakup, gets pregnant immediately after, then casually talks about getting an abortion with a guy she hasn't seen for a few months like she's discussing getting a new haircut?

This lady is not sounding like the stablest of people. By all means work with her on your thesis, but she sounds like not the sort of person you should be pursuing a relationship with IMO...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:38 am

Seems like a slight overreaction. I mean saying so I'm planning to go and get an abortion out of the blue would be super weird but when you're talking about the fact you're unexpectedly pregnant mentioning the fact you don't plan to keep the baby is a pretty natural part of the discussion, and the fact that you're pregnant is something that's gonna be pretty big on your mind when talking about what's been up over the past few months. And some people do deal best with a breakup by finding someone new, nothing inherently wrong with that. The unwanted pregnancy itself yeeeaah, but I mean accidents happen, I myself was one and there were a couple before me who did get aborted but my mother was still a perfectly stable and respectable person.

Still quite an unexpected turn in that whole story to be sure, definitely still seems like a time to just try and move on.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Don't get me wrong Weldar, I'm vehemently pro-choice and a staunch believer in that people have the right of choice over their bodies. But at the same time abortion is a very serious and deeply personal decision. It's not something you just drop into conversation with a casual acquaintance. Also look at the dates; from the looks of things she got pregnant immediately after shacking up with this new guy, which suggests that neither of them bothered to use contraception. The fact that a) she didn't bother practising safe sex and b) flippantly chats about having an abortion in everyday conversation makes me think that she's not an emotionally mature person. And that's not the sort of person you want to pursue a relationship with. It just...won't end well.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:32 am

I'm just saying if you're comfortable talking about the fact you're pregnant at all it stands to reason you'd also be comfortable with sharing that fact you don't plan to keep the baby since that is a rather pertinent piece of the situation. I don't think its neccessarily just flippantly chatting about it or anything. When catching up with an old acquaintance you'll talk about the major things that have happened since you last spoke and being pregnant for most that time is the kind of thing that might come up. Its not a topic you bring up casually out of the blue in the context it doesn't seem too ridiculous for it to have been mentioned over the course of the conversation.

I agree with you on your other point, but at the same time all it takes is one poor decision on one night (or in rare cases just a straight up unlucky malfunction) for something like this to happen, mature people can make mistakes especially at a particularly bad time which I think after a break up counts as. I'm just saying personally I feel making a judgement call about a person like that based on just that one thing is a bit much, especially with only such a limited version of the story. Raising a eyebrow and giving a slight word of warning sure but not a complete dismissal.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:00 am

I pretty much agree with everything Weldar is saying. Also, perhaps I should clarify the main reason we hadn't seen each other for a few months was that I had been out of town. I'd definitely say we're more than "casual acquaintances".

Anyway, obviously I'm not going to pursue a relationship with her, but that's because she has a boyfriend now and they seem happy together.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:57 pm

Day Number...250-300 something? Not sure anymore.

Alrighty, so I have been feeling absolutely dreadful for the most part going on a month or so mainly due to the whole thing with Ebs until a bit ago. 

When I realized that the reason I have been feeling so bad was more due to worrying about the unknown about the possibility of him finding someone offline and if anything might change when we meet up in June and less to do with actually being rejected. 

So I ask him this stuff and I immediately felt so much better even though he said that he doesn't have romantic feelings for me and that he does not know if this will change when we meet up this Summer or just in the general future. But he thinks he is still not up for dating because he's not over his Ex yet.

While it wasn't the ideal outcome it certainly made me feel a lot better. And now I can focus on the next move of doing what I can to help him get over her whatever that entails without the distractions that have been keeping me down.

I have said I would wait as long as it takes. I will continue to do so as I march towards the stars!

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Fri May 08, 2015 2:00 pm

The last four songs to make me cry were all love songs.

I guess I just feel lonely. It’s kind of funny actually. I’ve never been in a relationship. I’ve never experienced romance. I actually don’t know exactly what it is that I don’t have. How could I know? I’ve never experienced it. I have no idea what romantic love actually is.

It’s just that when I see my friends with their partners, I envy them. I’m happy for them, of course. They’re my friends and I wish all the best for them. But I also want to experience that thing that they have.

I guess part of it is curiosity. I’m curious about what romantic love feels like. I’ve had unrequited crushes lots of times, but I have no idea what it feels like to love someone who loves you back.

But it’s not just curiosity. I feel like I’m missing something. Which takes us back to the fact that I don’t actually know what it is that I am missing. It’s kind of silly actually. How can you miss something that you don’t know what it is?

Oh, and in case you're wondering which four songs I was referring to:

• Taylor Swift - “Begin Again”
  • Marion Raven - “Thank You For Loving Me”
  • Two Steps From Hell, feat. Merethe Soltvedt - “Stay”
  • Voltaire - “Anniversary”

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:28 pm

Its certainly been tumoltuous, mild depression and meltdown not withstanding but I have remained single through it all.

Funnily enough cockblocked two of my female friends getting it on.... Which I suppose makes it beaverdamming? Anyway, it felt like killing a unicorn. Normally I wouldn't have but I am good friends with both of their boyfriends and knew they'd regret it in the morning and I guess my moral compass took over. The two of them were pretty shitfaced, it was 4 in the night and they were supposed to drive us back to Holland 3 hours later and I was pissed off that the two of them were being so loud about it.

I didn't want to be preachy though so I came up with a plan. I pretended I left my phone in their room and I needed to set my alarm. Knocked politely on their door a few times to allow them to get under the blanket and walked in humming a jaunty tune. I Explained to them, in a painfully saccharine voice, that literally EVERYONE in the house could hear them and wished them a lot of succes in exploring their sexuality.

That's right. I weaponized awkward situations.

Still, they were feeling so miserable that I was the one who had to drive us back.

Last edited by Avalanche on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:37 pm

Avalanche wrote:beaverdamming?

I laughed way harder then I probably should have

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:09 pm

For some reason, I've had lots of dreams about kissing lately.

Maybe my subconscious is trying to make up for the fact that I'm not doing a lot of that while awake?

EDIT: I just saw on Facebook that today (27 January in this time zone) is the birthday of the first girl I kissed (not counting "Truth or Dare"). I actually mentioned her in this thread when it happened, back in March 2012 (before the latest thread-split). That's a funny coincidence.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:35 pm

That could be something sub consciously triggering your dreams. Certainly peculiar in any event.

So I've been keeping quiet regarding my matters of the heart. For those who may remember I fell hard for a girl whom just didn't see me in that light. Over the past, going on, 4 years it's been a constant stream of games and struggles. Well in the summer she invited me to her friends cottage with her. Her boyfriend of 2 years stayed home. It was a weekend of drinking and we hooked up. It was 1 of the biggest mistakes I've made and my only justification to myself was that I was single and the karma was on her. Well, she ended things with her boyfriend. Now, she's back with a prior ex who beat her. I got a text 1 morning at 5am, a picture of her arm all cut up because she self harmed over the guy. He kicked her out and everything. They're back together again. It hurts. What hurts the most though is that I wasted 4 years of my life being good to this girl, of always listening to her problems and being nothing but true to her. It hurts that no matter how hard I tried, how much I thought she'd come around that I simply didn't mean shit to her.

I haven't been in contact with her for a short while now. I know its for the best, I don't even miss her as much as I thought I would, or have in the past. For the longest time she was the one I confided in, the one I could vent to when my program had me at my wits end. To finally realize that she didn't care, that it was all about her hurts me deeper than anything else could.

In time I hope I can find someone who'll appreciate and cherish me as much as I would them, but for now I have to accept the loneliness that lays ahead.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:54 pm

JGH27 wrote:It was 1 of the biggest mistakes I've made and my only justification to myself was that I was single and the karma was on her.

Hang on a second, why was the karma all on her? Yes it's bad she cheated on her boyfriend, but you still fucked her knowing full well she was drunk and in a relationship, you're not exactly 100% innocent in this situation.

JGH27 wrote:What hurts the most though is that I wasted 4 years of my life being good to this girl, of always listening to her problems and being nothing but true to her. It hurts that no matter how hard I tried, how much I thought she'd come around that I simply didn't mean shit to her.

Now J, you're an awesome friend and all, so when I say this I want you to know that I absolutely do not mean anything offensive or malicious. I've been in the same situation as you, except as the girl, and you have the exact same outlook as the boys who pursued me- you're treating the girl like an object to be won. You've 'paid' her in being nice, so now you expect payment in return in the form of a relationship. When she doesn't give it you, she's a bitch who swindled you.

Why is being good to someone and listening to their problems a waste? That's what friends do. Are you honestly saying that you were only nice to her not because you liked her as a person, but because you had the ulterior motive of dating her? That you've said 'no matter how hard I tried, how much I thought she'd come around', is exactly the problem. Girls are not prizes to be won by trading for good-deed tokens. After 4 years and multiple boyfriends I'm willing to bet she told you she wasn't interested in a relationship with you, but you still pursued her, and now she's a terrible person because she didn't give herself as the reward for your hard work.

You really are a great guy J, and I'm sure you'll eventually find someone. It's probably for the best though you just keep some distance from this situation like you've been doing.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:46 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top