Lonely Hearts Club

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lonely Hearts Club

Post  Avalanche on Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:53 pm

Kind of crushing on one of the girls I go salsa dancing with every now and again. Not sure if its mutual, I kind of feel like we're both circling around the issue trying to gauge each other's reactions but we're having a fun time going to dances together. So that's a plus.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:56 pm

I misspoke when I said the karma was all on her, I obviously am not clean in the matter and karma will get me. What I meant was that's how I justified it to myself, that she was the one in the relationship and I was single and so if she was going to make a move, I wasn't going to reject it. Without getting too buried into details here, she's made moves before (both sober and drunk) while with this guy and I always refrained. When it happened this time I knew her relationship was all but over and we'd both been drinking in smoking all weekend. Apparently she'd been trying to hook up since the first night but I thought I was misreading her intentions.

tl/dr I'm just as guilty as her, despite sounding like I was innocent.

As for 'object to be won', that was never my intentions nor mindset. I loved her like I've never loved anyone before. I was always there for her and truly cared about her. I'd put up with more abuse emotionally and more mind games than I ever should have. When I say I thought she'd come around its because I truly believed we had a connection. Did she tell me she wasn't interested? Yes. But her actions always suggested otherwise. So far as to even get jealous when I attempted dating. Am I not justified and feeling hurt and angry that she would rather be with an abusive prick than me?

Maybe this just sounds like sour grapes, and to a degree it is but I've just experienced hurt like never before.

My biggest fear is that I've been damaged for any future relationships I may have.

Av, that's awesome Smile If you like her, just ask her out. It's what I do though given the rest of my post, I may not be the best advice giver

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:00 am

Avalanche wrote:Kind of crushing on one of the girls I go salsa dancing with every now and again. Not sure if its mutual, I kind of feel like we're both circling around the issue trying to gauge each other's reactions but we're having a fun time going to dances together. So that's a plus.

Holy shit I got a valentines date

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:00 pm

Avalanche wrote:
Avalanche wrote:Kind of crushing on one of the girls I go salsa dancing with every now and again. Not sure if its mutual, I kind of feel like we're both circling around the issue trying to gauge each other's reactions but we're having a fun time going to dances together. So that's a plus.

Holy shit I got a valentines date

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:40 am

Well, here we are again. Another singles awareness day.

I'm gonna go buy and eat a chocolate cake.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:26 pm

Sounds like a plan, pick me up a non chocolate one while you're at it

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:44 pm

I spent Valentine's Day surrounded by all the wonderful people at NärCon Winter. Being single doesn't have to mean you're lonely.

That said, there was someone there whom I have a crush on. We've known each other for quite a while now. I'm actually not sure how long. Neither of us can actually remember the first time we met. We both go to a lot of cons and just gradually started recognizing each other and then became friends.

I think I realized I have feelings for her about a year ago. About the time of last PicaCon. We were working in the same team so we got to spend a lot of time together. Either during the con or shortly after it, I realized I really like her.

I would ask her out. However, we live in different towns and only meet at cons (though we do talk through Facebook and Tumblr between cons). I've been thinking I should just tell her how I feel, but I haven't managed to find a good opportunity to do that at any of the cons since then. The fact that we're both usually quite busy and have conflicting schedules at cons probably doesn't help.

Actually, I'm reminded of something from last year's NärCon Summer. I ran into her and mentioned that I hadn't seen very much of her during the con. She replied that we should remedy that and asked when I'm free. The person next to her looked at my purple T-shirt and said "He's an organizer. He's never free." Anyway, we made plans to eat breakfast together the next morning. But half an hour before we were going to meet, she texted me and said that she had suddenly received an important task she had to do, so she had to cancel our plans.

Next time I see her will probably be at next PicaCon. Apparently we will be working in the same team again. Smile

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:14 am

Different towns? Please, my gf lives in the middle of Russia and we make it work somehow :-P don't let distance stop you

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:05 am

Yeah, I think what I meant with that was that it makes it somewhat more difficult to make plans for a first date or something.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:51 am

Yeah, man, just go for it, and figure it out later. Plenty of us on here can attest that long-distance can work. If you see each other often enough at cons, you'll be able to figure something out for a date.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:56 pm

I'm here to apply for membership, as my giflfriend and I broke up today. We're still besties and all, but I'm single now all the same

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:09 pm

I didn't even realise that I've been basically out of here for a year now. It just works, whenever we are together, I feel great and I would argue that it is the same for her. I am dreading the moment in 6 weeks time, when she's leaving again. Living alone isn't what it used to be

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sun May 08, 2016 5:01 pm

Earlier this evening, I was suddenly struck by a feeling of... loneliness, I guess?

Also just saw that exactly a year ago, I made this post.

What is it with me and the 8th of May?

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue May 17, 2016 4:33 pm

Quote:
Sahrimnir wrote:I spent Valentine's Day surrounded by all the wonderful people at NärCon Winter. Being single doesn't have to mean you're lonely.

That said, there was someone there whom I have a crush on. We've known each other for quite a while now. I'm actually not sure how long. Neither of us can actually remember the first time we met. We both go to a lot of cons and just gradually started recognizing each other and then became friends.

I think I realized I have feelings for her about a year ago. About the time of last PicaCon. We were working in the same team so we got to spend a lot of time together. Either during the con or shortly after it, I realized I really like her.

I would ask her out. However, we live in different towns and only meet at cons (though we do talk through Facebook and Tumblr between cons). I've been thinking I should just tell her how I feel, but I haven't managed to find a good opportunity to do that at any of the cons since then. The fact that we're both usually quite busy and have conflicting schedules at cons probably doesn't help.

Actually, I'm reminded of something from last year's NärCon Summer. I ran into her and mentioned that I hadn't seen very much of her during the con. She replied that we should remedy that and asked when I'm free. The person next to her looked at my purple T-shirt and said "He's an organizer. He's never free." Anyway, we made plans to eat breakfast together the next morning. But half an hour before we were going to meet, she texted me and said that she had suddenly received an important task she had to do, so she had to cancel our plans.

Next time I see her will probably be at next PicaCon. Apparently we will be working in the same team again. Smile

I've discovered something that is a somewhat bigger obstacle than distance. Apparently she is asexual and aromantic. Oh well.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri May 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Sahrimnir wrote:
I've discovered something that is a somewhat bigger obstacle than distance. Apparently she is asexual and aromantic. Oh well.

My first thought as 'what, she smells nice?' Razz

Yeah, the asexuality is a problem (it can work, but unless both parties are the same it'll just poison the relationship), but I call bullshit on the aromantic, it's just tumblrina-speak for 'single and doesn't mind it'. But I guess no one can tell you're a special snowflake unless you slap a label on yourself.

But hey, love doesn't sprout overnight. If you enjoy each others company keep being friends and who knows, maybe some mutual feelings will grow from it.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed May 25, 2016 8:29 pm

So! It's been over a year since I started going out with Thalia. It's been the happiest but at the same time the saddest I guess? I've had the most suicidal thoughts this past year but I know that will end when I am able to move in with Thalia~

I don't actually even know I've brought Thalia up here before. Wellll then

Thalia is a person I met on a Forum RP site called Iwaku (that Requiem introduced me to)

We got to taking and after a few months I decided that I wanted to ask her out. She said yes. :3

Ever since then things have been both amazing and terrifying. Mostly amazing though. Very Happy

And I may have said that I have suicidal thoughts from time to rime. Right now I'm on top of the motherfucking world~ And nothing can bring me down Very Happy

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:51 am

She the one from Europe, or am I getting them mixed up with someone else?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:52 pm

The two latest ones were both from Europe. Ebs was from the UK and was a social justice dumbass who tried to blackmail me.

Thalia though is in Italy and is moving to Ohio in a few months.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:59 pm

I crawled my way out of the club this week.

For the last year I've pretty much been doing nothing but playing FF14 and I've met a few people from there who are like YEAH GIRL SHOW ME YOUR BOOBS but earlier I met a guy from England who's just really lovely and encouraging and just gives me good positive feelings, I admitted I had feelings for him after agonizing for ages and he said he felt the same (but was never going to say anything cause of all the bullshit man drama I had to go through this year) and we started going out (much to the disappointment of the other member of our free company - who was the reason I said it in the first place because he was wondering why the fuck this third guy was being so shitty and I'm like WELL IT'S PROBABLY BECAUSE I TURNED HIM DOWN BECAUSE I LIKE YOU..............).

Sure it's super long distance but for now this is the happiest I've been in so long, just thinking about him makes me feel warm and fuzzy and he always makes me feel good about myself and I'm just enjoying it for now, planning to go over to the UK this year and spend some time together playing video games and doing a few touristy things. I hope it all goes well, I like to think I've matured since my last relationships so I'm not going to be hyper demanding, I'm just going to appreciate what we have.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:08 pm

Hey Camilla, welcome to the long distance club Razz

It's a nice place to hang out, for sure. Luckily for you, you're still in the same country/continent, so you don't have to deal with visa and stuff like that. or wait...is he currently living in England? Was the going out in FF14? It's late and I'm drunk, so I am confused(some things never change, do they)

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:35 pm

Yeah, he lives in England. Razz We met through FF14 and he's been my stablizing influence and having to deal with me dealing with a whole bunch of bullshit and it's like you know what, we should date. He joked about being my beard for a while but now I guess that's actually a thing.

Going to fly over in October, finally take this damn trip that's been owing since my 18th birthday Razz We'll see what happens from there!

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:32 am

Congrats Camilla, glad to hear things are going well for you!

So I'm now on the verge of leaving here pending circumstances. Long story short, I might be a father...

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:02 am

Uh, hang on J, give us some clarification here. So you're not actually in a relationship with this girl, but you may have knocked her up? And for 'might be a father', you mean you're not sure if she's pregnant, or not sure that you're the father?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:01 am

Yeah J, maybe lengthen the story a bit.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:26 pm

Will explain once I get some actual internet time sorry for the vagueness.

Raya wasn't sure if I was father or not but she is pregnant. Situation is a mess and with my work schedule I have very little time for anything currently. As it is its 8:30pm and I should be in bed by now.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:31 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top