Elder Scrolls Online

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elder Scrolls Online

Post  .. on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Elder Scrolls Online is the upcoming Elder Scrolls MMO releasing (hopefully) in 2013.

After a few MMOs releasing and not being up to par with what I wanted, I hope ESO works out. TOR was okay for a time, but they fell behind and there wasn't a lot of content. Guild Wars 2 has things to keep you interested but my group of friends stopped playing it so that is why I lost interest in it. Good game though.

It takes place 1000 years before the events of Skyrim. Before the Empire has been formed. The main villain in the story will be the Daedric Prince of abomination and enslavement, Molag Bal.

There are 3 factions in the game.

- Daggerfall Covenant (Orcs, Redguards, and Bretons.)
- Ebonheart Pact (Nords, Dark Elves, and Argonians.)
- Aldmeri Dominion (High Elves, Wood Elves, and Khajiit.)

(Imperial is not a playable race. )

These three factions will face off against each other in PvP in Cyrodiil, and the Imperial City. Massive battles with forts, siege weapons, etc.

Crafting has yet to be detailed yet.
Guilds (though known to be in the game) have not been detailed yet.
Raids, Dungeons, etc. They are in the game. (Obviously, for an MMO.)
Public Dungeons are being reintroduced, you can solo these dungeons just by rolling in with other people. You don't have to be in a party, you can just go in and do the dungeon with others in the area.

The game will play on one massive server. (Much like EVE Online.)
It is said that you can take surveys along the lines of who you like to play with and such and it will somehow match you with others. E.G. Lets say you don't like to PvP with people under 18, you can tell the survey that and they will try to match you with people 18+.

Combat is said to be a mix of MMO and Skyrim combat. You can left click and right click for weapons or whatever is in those hands. As well as hold down those buttons for powered attacks at the expense of Stamina. There will be a bar for about 5 abilities, there will be many abilities but you can only use a few at a time.

There is active dodging and blocking. The more efficient you are in your gameplay and blocking and such, the more bonus EXP you will receive from combat.

Everyone has Health, Magicka, and Stamina just like the normal Elder Scrolls games. You can shape your character however you like, and every weapon is open to everyone. (Not sure if there are "classes", but weapons are available to everyone.) You can also Run, at the expense of Stamina.

NPCs are said to be able to evaluate their surroundings and decide if one AI should tank and the other heal, or just go straight DPS. So there may be more dynamics when it comes to how NPCs fight.

One negative thing I can think of off the top of my head is that if you are lets say, Argonian, you can't fight for any of the other alliances besides the one your race is part of. So I don't know how it will work out if you want to be a certain race, and your friend wants to be another race, and you aren't in the same alliance, if you could still do some things together via Guild or not.

A lot of details have yet to be answered.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Post  .. on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Closed Beta has been announced! Sign up if you want to! http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top