Mafia Game 22.2 - FINALE - no homo, right

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 22.2 - FINALE - no homo, right

Post  nn8n on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:42 pm

Sure everyone has their way of playing, but if we go around stamping 'That's just the way he plays' on everyone, we won't get anywhere toward finding scum.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:05 am

Unvote: Sonix

Vote: Req

Because I care about protecting myself

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:34 am

Oh wow, I didn't expect that my grudge vote would have so far reaching consequences. That's some vivid D1 discussion Razz

I'll keep this one rather short, because work and all that jazz. Basically, I agree with Weldar on Avalanche's non-sensical vote. He has no reason to jump on a grudgewagon, after their win last game.

Now Req: my vote was purely based on a g20 grudge, but the way this one turned out is rather interesting. Took him some precious time to spit out his claim. Now double vote. This one would be easy to verify, if we tied the votes on Req and somebody else(Viero looks like the candidate today), provided there is no other vote manip in play. However, this would tell us nothing about his alignment, since double votes are common on both sides. I can't really tell yet, if he is town or scum, since he was defending all day and induldging in mind games.

Sonix is Sonix.

Viero's bandwagoning for bandwagoning's sake sticks out, as it has been mentioned before. I'll have to reread a bit here, but I am not opposed to a lynch here, same as with Roy.

Keeping my vote for now on Req to see how people react to my suggestion.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:30 am

"This role could be scum" is also really not a good enough reason for me to vote Req. I mean, that was (is?) the biggest wagon in the game, and not a single vote was even passable.

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:33 am

I dont understand what you mean 'not a single vote was even passible'

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:35 am

Quaetam wrote:sexperience

Dude, I know you love your Mafia, but that takes it a bit far Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:38 am

JohnnyFarrar wrote:"This role could be scum" is also really not a good enough reason for me to vote Req. I mean, that was (is?) the biggest wagon in the game, and not a single vote was even passable.

I am just saying, that we can prove his power claim that way, nothing more, nothing less. His alignment is still to be found out.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:09 am

SnakeInABox wrote:I dont understand what you mean 'not a single vote was even passible'

I quoted every single vote on Req's wagon, and illustrated how each of them was not very good.

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:38 am

Doctor Shemp wrote:Aiming to have the top post on each page updated with a vote tally. Top post edited.
Editing editing Count Posts for votes that occur AFTER the post tend to make it convoluted and confusing. My recommendation is to just post it and then post a new one after a new page hits~

Fedakin wrote:Viero's bandwagoning for bandwagoning's sake sticks out, as it has been mentioned before. I'll have to reread a bit here, but I am not opposed to a lynch here, same as with Roy.

Keeping my vote for now on Req to see how people react to my suggestion.
You like the vote but won't switch? You know the day phase ends in just over 3 hours, yes? lol

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:51 am

Yes, I know. Look at when I posted that, there were 5.5 hours left, enough to have people act on my suggestion, who all that posted kindly ignored. Including you, btw. Discussion literally fell asleep though, so it probably won't be taken into account for today, but still is an option for a later day.

unvote Req, vote Viero

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:55 am

Fedaykin wrote:Yes, I know. Look at when I posted that, there were 5.5 hours left, enough to have people act on my suggestion, who all that posted kindly ignored. Including you, btw. Discussion literally fell asleep though, so it probably won't be taken into account for today, but still is an option for a later day.
Wanting people to purposely keep votes close to test the shenanigans? Tbh am not really fond of that idea, especially cause at this point there is no reason to risk a no lynch. Why even consider risking it in the first place? Also it IS like 5am EST, lucky I'm even still up lol

EDIT: New rank, wewt~

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:09 am

I fail to see a reason, why we shouldn't test an easily varifiable claim on the very first day, where the least shenanigans are in play, rather than relying on it during a later stage. Sure, it's a risk, but one I'd be willing to take. Personal preference, I guess.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:17 am

SurgePox wrote:
SpoonDood wrote:Surge hopping on the Req wagon for pretty much the same reason TJ did, interesting. @ Surge what are your thoughts on the Raya wagon, as well as where other votes are currently? You neglected to comment on anything else.
Incorrect appeals are a really big red flag for me, especially coming from a debate background. I was less drawn on reqs initial wagon and more drawn by how poorly he defended himself. To answer your other question, the Raya and Av bandwagons seem more rooted in past games and those player's capacity to play hard than what has happened this game, and correct me if I'm wrong on those.
Fair enough, and for the most part agreed, though;

SnakeInABox wrote:Surge you are not wrong on those. That's why I opt out on day one voting a big player.
I don't agree with this. I don't care if it's a newb or a vet, if they do something anti-town, they get what is deserving of such an action. The little things early on can be some of the best tells (it's something I've found increasingly true as of late).

Sonix! wrote:You guys seem to make things more complicated than they need be. .-.
The most agreeable thing Sonix has ever said in a Mafia game, I think lol

Avos Me Lardo wrote:Work, lots of reading, no worries, I'm here.

The only person that stood out to me is TheTJ, he seems jumpy at Req and going a bit overboard like he's trying to ensure that he's heard. Req is just trying to play things calmly.

Vote: TheTJ

wasn't that my random vote from Game 22 1.0? Weird
Interesting to note, Avos posted this (and twice more even after the fact) completely IGNORING the Viero wagon. Said absolutely nothing about it. What's the deal, man?

Minby_Aran wrote:So, pretty much anything I could add right now has been said, which is probably for the best, because I shouldn't be thinking too hard right now.

While Req seems overly defensive, calling him out on that is like calling me out for being quiet in the early days, it's just playstyle, mostly. I don't particularly see much from any of the bandwagoners, so since it looks like the day will be extended, I'll hold off on shifting my vote until there's a bit more pestering done to some people.
Same here, but to a lesser extent, as Minby has been posting somewhat frequently. I look forward to seeing their thoughts sooner rather then later.

Fedaykin wrote:I fail to see a reason, why we shouldn't test an easily varifiable claim on the very first day, where the least shenanigans are in play, rather than relying on it during a later stage. Sure, it's a risk, but one I'd be willing to take. Personal preference, I guess.
True, but in that same vein if we do end up with a no lynch or random mislynch, then the same discussion is just going to muck up the following day phase, essentially allowing the Mafia a free kill. No reason to stop the ball rolling imo. Rarely see D1 go this "well", which is kinda scary in and of itself.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:29 am

People vote on good players because of how bad they got fucked over in previous games and the good players, even if they are mafia, more often than not, aren't stupid enough to screw up day one. I would rather spend my time working on the people who are more likely to crack under pressure or make a big mistake early on while trying to defend themselves. So when these bandwagons start, Excuse me for not offing what could be a valuable asset because people can't get past their grudge votes. I mean come on, if you're going to grudge vote someone at the start of day one do it because they are god awful, not because they are a good player. If you don't have any evidence against someone that could end up being useful, and unless you have a plan on voting to kick the pressure up and maybe getting something out of a good player, why bother trying to waste the best day one.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:40 am

No you shpuld grudge vote whoever you bloody please. Early grudge votes aren't intended to kill someone, the intended to make people react and get that ball rolling. I don't epexct top be voting for my firsat vote when the day ends, I would if nothing happened all day but something always happens. Besides if you're grudging the "good" players then you're more likely to draw out a good well reasoned defense from them, that kind of thing will generate some discussion and shifting votes which is the whole point of the excercise.

As for the testing Req thing. I talked to Camilla about this before, a two way tie isn't a no lynch it's a both die. We wouldn't be risking a no lynch we'd be risking an extra death. That said you're both overlooking something important. Req claimed more than just a doublevote, he also said he had a day stop. Much easier thing to test, a bit late to do that today but a thing to consider for tomorrow.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:57 am

Well, that's new, I guess. Alright, in that case, scrap my plan, that's obviously not worth it. I admit, I forgot about the day stop, but that will be a one shot anyway.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:18 am

Okay... wow.
I admit that I was trying to get the ball rolling on D1, since the last time I played that was still an issue, but I never expected things to go that well.
You know I just argue for the sake of argueing, right?

To be honest I think Weldar has the most thought out vote in the bunch and Av is the most suspiscious. But I can't exactly switch my vote now.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:59 am

Sorry, I've been at trivia.

A 2 way tie equals a double lynch, 3 or more means a no lynch. I've edited the first post with that information, thanks guys for letting me know to fix that. If there's anything else I've neglected to mention, let me know....now I fully expect to be bombarded with angry PMs. Razz

Votes currently stand at:

Requiem [4]: TD, Surge, Sonix, Viero
Raya [3]: Outlaw, Req, Avalanche
Snake [1]: DRTJR
DRTJR [1]: Snake
Outlaw [1]: Raya
Avalanche [2]: Smash, Weldar
TD260 [1]: Minby
Viero [6]: Perry, Relmitos, Spoon, Quaetam, Johnny, Fed
TheTJ: [1]: Avos

Yet To Vote: Eisen, TJ

You have one hour remaining in this dayphase.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:52 am

The dayphase has ended!

---

Viero sat in his office, calmly polishing his scalpel collection. He was a master of fowl play, but nobirdie suspected just what he was up to in this instance. Oh, he cared about doing his job right. He was a brilliant doctor, after all. But he always looked for so much...more, from his line of work. Somebirdie may have referred to him as a fluffy heretic once or twice, but he was simply interested in advancing science.

"Hohohoho," Viero laughed, carefully examining his tools and his list of targets. Now, who would he be experimenting on...and how?

At that moment, Perry appeared in the infirmary, flanked by a small group of supporters.

"Hold it right there, fluffy heretic! We've heard rumours of your wicked science, and we won't let you get away with it here!"

"Hohoho..." Viero laughed, a little more nervously, as he picked up his cleaver in his left wing. "You wouldn't harm an innocent bird, would you?"

"You're far from innocent, Doctor." Spoon chimed in, beckoning for reinforcements. "And we're not letting you get away."

A gunshot fired. And then another, and another, until all that was left was a crumpled heap of a bird on the floor, and the echo of laughter ringing throughout the room.

Viero was lynched! He was Doctor Shuu Iwamine, the doctor! Affiliation: Serial Killer!

---

"Senpai...I hoped you'd notice me..." the girl said, looking down at her shoes with a blush, as cherry blossom petals fell all around her.

"How could I not notice someone as beautiful as you?" The boy responded, before the two of them kissed sweetly.

---

It is now night! Nightphase lasts for 48 hours, or until I have all night actions in. Get to it!

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Requiem has been subbed out! He has been replaced by DarkFalco.

Keep those night actions coming!

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:41 pm

Good job on night actions! Just waiting on the last ones now.

Night ends in approximately eight hours.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:52 am

"Time to spin...THE WHEEEEEL...OF FATE!...c'mon Wheel, let's see what you've got..."

The wheel spun, and spun, and landed on...

"Ubercharge! Yes, you are GODS! ...wait, what. Why did I even put that on the wheel..."

---

Raya knew she was in trouble. That giant mech...thing was rounding on her, and pretty soon she'd be obliterated with missiles and bam, there'd be no more Raya.

"Quit shooting, already!" she yelled, ducking behind a wall. It wouldn't do her much good, she knew, but maybe, just maybe, she'd be safe for now.

"Stand back, soldier, I've got this one." Raya was confused. DRTJR? Wasn't he typically trying to kill her? And yet here he was, M-16 in hand, cigarette in his mouth. "I'll handle this horseshit." Raya simply nodded, hiding under a table.

"Alright!" responded the figure in the mech, pumping its fists in the air. "Let's get ready to paaaaaaaaaarty! Suck on my...missile punch!"

"What the...ow! Son of a bitch! I'm taking you with me!"

"You can't do that, old man. Nothing can beat the power of American freedom."

"Aw, shit."

DRTJR was killed! He was Bill, the bodyguard! Affiliation: Town!

---

"I'm Cave Johnson, and welcome to Apeture Science."

Quaetam sat behind a desk, admiring his creation. Apeture Science was far superior to Black Mesa, and each test of the Apeture Science Handheld Portal Device proved that they were the scientific kings of the universe. People thought he was a madman, but Quaetam refused to listen. He was a genius, and he was forwarding the cause of science!

Indeed, right now he could see a metallic creature thing and a bird swapping between portals. It was beautiful. He wiped a single tear from his eye.

"Beautiful," he muttered, toying with lemon grenades. Another brilliant Apeture Science invention - one the world should see, but totally wouldn't.

"Those lemons are the last thing you'll see."

"Caroline?" Quaetam turned around, instead seeing a young girl. "Wait a sec, it isn't Bring Your Daughter To Work Day..."

"It isn't," the girl whispered, "and you won't live to see the next one." And with a smooth, quick movement, the girl stabbed Quaetam in the back.

"Curse you, mysterious girl! I'm going to burn your house down. With the lemons." With the last of his strength, he threw a lemon in the direction of the girl.

"No...no!" with a scream, the girl disappeared out of Apeture Science, leaving Quaetam's corpse lying on the floor of his office.

Quaetam has been killed! He was Cave Johnson, the driver! Affiliation: Town!

---

"Desu.....nyaaaaa......"

"Wow, shut up," replied Richard, punching the neko in the face and leaving her for dead.

Warchamp7 has been killed! He was Raku-chan! Affiliation: Team Not Appearing In This Game.

"I can't believe Raku-chan the neko is fucking dead."

---

It is now daytime! Day lasts for approximately 48 hours, ending at 1pm GMT Saturday.

Last edited by Doctor Shemp on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:18 am; edited 2 times in total

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:10 am

My only regret is folding THIS early. Happy hunting.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:22 am

Yaaaaay we lynched a murderer. Sure he wasn't one of those nasty mafia but that's okay. We were gonna need to kill that nasty bird sooner or later and this way we spared any unfortunate victims, good news all around. Very Happy

Hehehe and there was two deaths last night, deaths yay! Very Happy Since the fluffy heretic is dead I guess this means one of them was a vig. Hooray for vigs shooting early, that's the kind of thing I like to see. Very Happy Sure it was a bad shot (unless the mech was the vig and Raya is mafia, now wouldn't that be funny, what we got was pretty funny too though. DRTJR giving his life to save Raya, hahahahahaha Very Happy) I wonder who was the vig, both Quaetam and Raya are odd vig targets, I'd lean towards Raya maybe they were thinking of getting info on the Raya voters from her flip, not a bad plan for a vig Very Happy. It is a little sad to see Q dead this early but at least we can be happy about the fact the girl who did this got her house burned down by lemons Very Happy I bet that'll make people think twice about attacking Q night 1 again!

Now Viero being a 3rd party means those vote records should be a treated like inno lynch records since serial killers work alone and have no team to be trying to save them but that's okay! Inno lynch records are still valuable and getting some while killing a guy we wanted dead is still a great result for day 1. Very Happy We still have other good people to murder. I still like my vote from yesterday for example
Vote: Avalanche

Oh and it looks like Merasmus is here, yay Meramus! I hope the Bombonomicon is here too, I love those guys Smile

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:29 am

This nightphase alone was worth resetting the entire game.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:16 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top