Mafia Game 22.2 - FINALE - no homo, right

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 22.2 - FINALE - no homo, right

Post  Weldar on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:43 pm

Requiem wrote:
Wow, is what I'm saying really that hard to get? Come on guys, don't make me spell it out to you! Because I don't think I'm actually allowed to

You're dead right you're not allowed, in fact you probably shouldn't have done this much. I take no flavour claiming to mean no claiming or even hinting about your role name, you can only claim your actual abilities. Saying I'm the cop is just fine, saying I'm Marth the cop is not allowed. I think I have a good guess as to your role name but I shouldn't say it.

As for your chance stuff. Req you are just wrong. The random generator doesn't remember the previous results, it doesn't know who these names are or what the roles its given means. Each time you hit the button on that thing it's a completely independent event. It is random, by definition there is no sort of pattern to it. You're not incorrect in saying you're more likely to be a townie than mafian, since that statement applies to everyone every mafia game (unless it's something crazy like I'd host), there are always more townies than mafians. But saying you're less likely because you were mafia before is just straight up not true. After game 1 I was not a townie again until game 9 (granted I was hosting game 3, a serial killer game 5 and a godfather who had to betray his team game 6 but still). Even if you're right about being less likely to be mafia again it's not impossible for you to be mafia again because we know people can be mafia two times in a row, it happens all the time.

As for the initial bandwagony reason for the vote at the beginning though. Well I'm less sure on that. Req's vote raised an eyebrow for me for sure but I was waiting to see if more would jump on. Req's vote had the potential to start a wagon but it would have been the next one or two votes to jump on that would really make it one, I was hoping that would happen since that's where I would pounce. I'll admit the whole way Req has gone about defending himself here bothers me but I don't know how actually scummy I find him for it.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Ninjad by a guess, that was what I'd have said too. But like I said we should not be guessing these things, Req already broke the rules by dropping hints like that.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:46 pm

There, fixed with minimal spoilerness.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Making the guess isn't too bad, the problem is the hints shouldn't really have been dropped in the first place. It's not a rule that's really been used much here before so I can understand how people would have overlooked it but yeah figured it was important to bring up for the future.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:53 pm

Rules rules rules, I didn't say who I was, you all came upon that conclusion. And you're thinking only of the generator Weldar. There's more to it than just that. Much more to it. The entire universe has it's own balance outside of what we do. There is energy that we cannot see, do you not know?

Anyway, if I did break the rules, I apologise. I'll gladly accept being removed from the game for my mistake. I did not take it as breaking the rules to have you all play my little game. I can, in reflection see how it could be though. Not that it matters as it appears I still would have died anyway.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:07 pm

The rule is no falvour claiming. Hinting is also sometimes called soft claiming, I'd consider that a violation but can see how you'd think otherwise.

As for your other point, I just disagree. The me what makes chance chance is a lack of any reason or order to it. It is a force effected only by the thing itself and if there is any reason behind it its complex enough to to be unpredictable and thus irrelevant (eg an online random number generator). If there is such a force in the world I refuse to belive the same force that can make me roll anti town 7 times in a row or on one occasion I remember elsewhere made 4 out of the 6 mafians in a team players who were mafia together in the previous game, would make you any less likely to be mafia two times in a row.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:08 pm

Snake - 1
DRTJR - 1
Outlaw - 1
Raya - 4
Avalanche - 1
Eisen - 1
Requiem - 4
TD - 1
Viero - 1

14 hours remaining.

(I hope that tally is correct)

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:23 pm

So... No comment on whether or not I'm in the dead for rule violation?

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:24 pm

No, you're not killed off for that, but for future reference, claiming a role name is a no-no.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Vote: req

For someone who uses chance and randomness a lot in games you sure are apparently bad at understanding it. No offense meant by that statement, but you are ignoring a lot of established statistical understanding.

There's more to it than just that. Much more to it. The entire universe has it's own balance outside of what we do. There is energy that we cannot see, do you not know?
This is not a valid appeal as far as statistical analysis of mafia is concerned. Mafia is very much a numbers game and numerical approaches are not rendered invalid just because we do not understand the universe in it's entirety. It seems more like you're getting desperate than that you actually believe what you are saying. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here. I think this is a decent lead.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Doctor Shemp wrote:
Spoiler:
Snake - 1
DRTJR - 1
Outlaw - 1
Raya - 4
Avalanche - 1
Eisen - 1
Requiem - 4
TD - 1
Viero - 1

14 hours remaining.

Try using this, Camilla
Day 1 Vote Count wrote:
Requiem [5]: Fed, TD, Viero, TJ, Surge

Raya [4]: Outlaw, Weldar, Req, Avalanche

Snake [1]: DRTJR
DRTJR [1]: Snake
Outlaw [1]: Raya
Eisen [1]: Spoon
Avalanche [1]: Smash
TD260 [1]: Minby
Viero [1]: Perry

Not Voting: Relmitos, Sonix, Avos, Eisen, Quaetam

The Day phase ends in approx. 14 hours!

Last edited by SpoonDood on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Name(s) listed twice)

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:30 pm

SpoonDood wrote:
Doctor Shemp wrote:
Spoiler:
Snake - 1
DRTJR - 1
Outlaw - 1
Raya - 4
Avalanche - 1
Eisen - 1
Requiem - 4
TD - 1
Viero - 1

14 hours remaining.

Try using this, Camilla
Day 1 Vote Count wrote:

Quaetam [1]: Viero

Thank you, and fixed. Snake's on there as voting but not voting. Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:31 pm

I fully believe what I'm saying. I know it's a strange thing to believe, but that's alright. Like I said, my death will be regretted. I still have another game to keep me occupied, so I don't actually mind dying here. It's your loss.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:35 pm

Now see this vote tally was useful. I'd completely missed Avlanche's vote before. Now that's the kind of vote I'd jump on. I shift to the old wagon just as the Req wagon is starting to form for very little good reason. Req's defense of himself has been terrible but I never found his intial bandwagon vote to be too bad, Av's on the other hand, that vote bothers me a lot.

Unvote, Vote: Avalanche

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:44 pm

Doctor Shemp wrote:Thank you, and fixed. Snake's on there as voting but not voting. Razz
Cheers~

... also just realized I have Viero listed twice Arrow Fail

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Doctor Shemp wrote:
SpoonDood wrote:
Doctor Shemp wrote:
Spoiler:
Snake - 1
DRTJR - 1
Outlaw - 1
Raya - 4
Avalanche - 1
Eisen - 1
Requiem - 4
TD - 1
Viero - 1

14 hours remaining.

Try using this, Camilla
Day 1 Vote Count wrote:

Raya [3]: Outlaw, Req, Avalanche

Avalanche [2]: Smash, Weldar

Thank you, and fixed. Snake's on there as voting but not voting. Razz

Fixed again Razz

Last edited by Doctor Shemp on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:54 pm

Weldar is voting for Roy, not Raya

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:56 pm

I don't know what you're talking about Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Page 1 Count
Spoiler:
Day 1 Vote Count wrote:
Raya [2]: Outlaw, Weldar

Viero [1]: Req
Requiem [1]: Fed
Quaetam [1]: Viero
Minby [1]: TD260

Not Voting: Perry, Avalanche, Relmitos, Surgepox, Sonix, TD260, Avos, TheTJ, Minby, Eisen, Quaetam

Page 2 Count
Spoiler:
Day 1 Vote Count wrote:
Requiem [4]: Fed, Perry, TD, Viero

Not Voting: Relmitos, Surgepox, Sonix, Avos, TJ, Eisen, Quaetam

Putting these up because it may or may not be useful later to have them (and a mite more useful then just simple tallies~). Not putting up a Page 3 count cause the only thing that has happened since then is Perry changed to Viero and TJ hopped on the Requiem wagon, and page 4 was only Surge's Vote

Speaking of Req, not sure why the ploy entirely, other then he was trying to give hints to his role w/o actually claiming it (which may or may not be against the rules, will have to wait for Camilla's response to that.) Regardless, he claimed a role on Day 1, while rather ill conceived given that he's got a target painted on him, and for that I think that he deserves to live through the day.

The Raya wagon is interesting, mainly cause ppl are still on it w/o much reason other then it's Raya, lol. Minus Req since he has essentially claimed, the people to pay attention to on it imo are Avalanche and (to a lesser extent) Weldar for hopping on it after Outlaw did. Weldar -seemed- to be motivated by grudge as it was so early on, while Avalanche jumped on simply for not trusting Raya, which is understandable but rather weak given no other reason.

Large FoS @ TJ for spending far too much arguing role probability. Besides the fact that I will agree Req is a bit off with his thoughts on it, Arguing it for a page and a half didn't accomplish anything. You also haven't commented on anything else going on, including the other entire wagon (which your voted player is on, even).

I'm honestly in agreement with Perry, in that Viero's post just seem off. Hounding Req for being the "first" to bandwagon (when he necessarily wasn't) and just hopping on the bandwagon himself. So Vote: Viero.

Surge hopping on the Req wagon for pretty much the same reason TJ did, interesting. @ Surge what are your thoughts on the Raya wagon, as well as where other votes are currently? You neglected to comment on anything else.

Weldar has finally come back in, and seems to share similar sentiments to me. Makes me wonder what some of the other people's thoughts are, especially Avalanche's. Honestly wouldn't be opposed to that lynch either~

Day 1 Vote Count wrote:

Raya [3]: Outlaw, Req, Avalanche

Avalanche [2]: Smash, Weldar
Viero [2]: Perry, Spoon

The Day phase ends in approx. 13 hours!

Those people in the not voting lynch need to post/make a vote, especially Avos & Relm who have actually been here.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:07 pm

SpoonDood wrote:Surge hopping on the Req wagon for pretty much the same reason TJ did, interesting. @ Surge what are your thoughts on the Raya wagon, as well as where other votes are currently? You neglected to comment on anything else.
Incorrect appeals are a really big red flag for me, especially coming from a debate background. I was less drawn on reqs initial wagon and more drawn by how poorly he defended himself. To answer your other question, the Raya and Av bandwagons seem more rooted in past games and those player's capacity to play hard than what has happened this game, and correct me if I'm wrong on those.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:11 pm

The Raya wagon was all grudge driven yes. I always open the game with grudge votes since you have to start with something and you can work with people's reactions from there. The judging reactions from there was where my Avlanche vote comes from (its 2 votes on him so you can hardly call that a wagon). I found the way he jumped on the Raya wagon with little good reasoning (and no direct game 21 grudge like the other voters) just as the push on Req was starting, raises a red flag for me.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:20 pm

I voted for Raya as a retaliation vote. I don't really have a grudge other than she decided to vote for me on Day 1.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Surge you are not wrong on those. That's why I opt out on day one voting a big player.

Outlaw wrote:
Warchamp7 wrote:Vote: Warchamp7

I remember when DRTJR did that and we all agreed and bandwagoned him. I think you are safe though.

Man those were good times hey lets try it again DRTJR :3

Requiem wrote:The entire universe has it's own balance outside of what we do. There is energy that we cannot see, do you not know?

I don't even know what you're trying to accomplish with this reasoning

Requiem wrote:In all fairness, I was already mafia for game 22, it's highly unlikely that it'd occur twice in a row like this. It's so unlikely in fact, that I'm simply not mafia, and I'm quite irritated about the fact. I like being mafia. Also, if you look at my vote history for previous games, I always join the first viable bandwagon on day one. Excluding bandwagons against myself of course. I like playing too much for that.

Nothing to do with fairness

Your chance gambit is bullshit and you fucking know it

You're "simply not mafia" wow way to make people look stupid for putting blame on you who do you think you are, me?

Oh good move, saying you're actually upset about not being mafia. And by good move I mean that's a cheap move

Congrats on joining bandwagons bro, that makes you a tier three lemming

What a shame

Anyway there is my two cents for what it's worth. And apparently it's worth negative one cent. Regardless, I'm still voting DRTJR because dammit I spent too long waiting to vote on him day one to not vote on him day one.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:58 pm

Technically, if I had killed her then we would have had a chance to win last game, but she convinced me otherwise. Also, I'm terrible at defending myself. Check my track record of self defense? It's kind of how I am. Lastly, everything I said is true, but it'll be too late by the time you figure it out. It's alright though. I don't mind. I forgive you all for killing me. It's the right thing to do after all isn't it?

I'm still going to laugh though. Because I can. Not for any role related reasons. I just want to laugh as I die.

You'll regret killing me, regret it you shall, but at least then, maybe you'll start seeing.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Alright, I've had just about enough of this.

I have no idea what in the holy hell you're claiming to be, nor do I want to try and speculate.

You're basically sitting here going "oooh, don't kill me, you're going to regret it" with vague threats.

Flavor Claiming is illegal, I believe.

Is a direct claim illegal though?

Is it?

Because if it is, I have nothing to say.

If it isn't, then please, be direct here, and make an outright claim because going "you're making a mistaaaaake if you vote for me" is doing nothing to sway my opinion.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top