Outlaw's Home for Sweaty Muscular Men and Women

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Outlaw's Home for Sweaty Muscular Men and Women

Post  Raya on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:04 pm

Since so many of us go to the gym I thought we should have a general keep fit thread. We have a running thread sure, but not a general health and fitness one. I thought it'd be a good way to stay motivated, share tips and try and stop each other being fatties.

So, how do you guys stay fit and healthy? What are your workouts? What keeps you active?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Outlaw's Home for Sweaty Muscular Men and Women

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Well, 3 or 4 times Capoeira per week Razz

I realized, that I am just motivated to work out, if I am not doing it alone. I really need the social aspect to keep me motivated, since every time I try to do something on my own at home, I fail to do it. Also the live music helps a lot and the bonding during and after training. I keep telling everybody, that Capoeira was the only good thing to happen to me 2009. I changed a lot since thenm not just my physique, but also my character. I'm way more self-confident now. I am moving more gracefully.

I was always pretty tall, but through Capoeira, I grew as a whole. That's why I keep going.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Well lets see. Oh and I feel so special because of the thread name.

Original 50 lbs lost using a method of eating only once a day. Criticize it as you like, claim it messed up my metabolism. Fact is I lost 50 lbs through that. 180 to 130.

Motivation (omitted) to go to the gym. Never worked out in my life (at a gym). Started last December 1st. Trainer trained me 2 days a week for that month. Good friends to this day even though he isn't training there anymore. Almost done with 4th month of going to the gym for 5 days a week.

Mondays are Chest days. Benchpress, Pushups (with medicine balls for added stress by balancing and stabilizing), Lateral, and Cable machines.

Tuesdays are mainly Biceps. Free weights, and cables. Also concentrated curls for higher weight.

Wednesdays are Leg days. Squats using smith machine (guided benchpress, better for higher weight), Lunges with free weights. 3 sets of 10 for each leg. Starting with 40s in each hand, then 45s, then 50s. Next is Leg Press, then Leg extension and curl machines.

Thursdays are Shoulder days. Begin with shoulder presses, then shrugs on the smith machine for higher weights while shrugging. Sides and Fronts with free weights, then cables.

Fridays are back days. Wide set pull ups as a warm up. Lateral, then cables and back extension. Dead Lifts vary.

Cardio varies on if I feel like it. I do 4 minuts at 3.5 mph, then the remaining 21 at 5 mph. The 5 minute cool day varies in speed. Total of 30 minutes, usual calculated around 2.30 miles, and 250 calories burnt.

Abs vary as well. I used to do them every day the total exercise would be 80 crunches on the machine with a 25 lbs weight. The last 80 with no weight. 3 sets of 20 for leg lifts, and a cable machine pull down. 20 reps for 3 sets.

Nothing but water. Protein shakes and other supplements help. I sell the stuff too.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Ugh, I need to actually start exercising. I've put on weight since moving to dad's because moving here just completely drained me of energy and motivation to do anything.

I used to play a lot of Just Dance, though, up to an hour a day. I should get back in to that for a start.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:46 pm

Outlaw's turning into a beefcake, hee.

I'm not interested in building muscle mass, I more focus on burning calories, my motivation being I want to be a slim and sexy bride that makes all the boys jealous. I'm not actually fat (despite what I say), but I do want to drop some spare pounds. So eating low calories and doing stuff in the gym that burns off calories (with the added bonus of toning up my bum and thighs Razz). Lost 6lbs already so doing pretty good, but it's pretty slow going as my diet wasn't all that unhealthy to begin with, so it's not like I suddenly change my diet and the weight falls off me.

My big weakness is bread though, I swear half my calories come from it. Problem is I need the carbs to keep me going through the day as I get light-headed with low blood sugar. Anyone have any suggestions of something filling and low calorie/fat I could have for my lunch instead of sandwiches?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Raya wrote:My big weakness is bread though, I swear half my calories come from it. Problem is I need the carbs to keep me going through the day as I get light-headed with low blood sugar. Anyone have any suggestions of something filling and low calorie/fat I could have for my lunch instead of sandwiches?
Whole grains. There isn't really a substitute for carbohydrates and you can't cut them out altogether, but you can switch to complex carbs instead of simple ones (like in refined, bleached baked goods or pastas.) Complex carbs take longer to digest and are more sustaining with less fattening carbos. Oatmeal is the best most straightforward way to these ends; whole grain breads, pastas, and cereals can do the job as well.

Also im paraphrasing things I've heard so forgive me if this is total broscience and completely misses the mark.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Lost 6 more pounds from the 24 day challenge. Arguably more because of possible muscle gain. Stomach shrank significantly. Much tighter, though should shrink a little more. Unfortunately this means I should start on abs again. Abs are just tiresome.

Breakfast consists of 2 Eggs, and 2 pieces of Bacon. Sometimes I may swap one for something else but that is my standard breakfast just to get things going.

Lunch varies on whether I think it is necessary. Would probably consist of a Club Sandwich.

Dinner varies. I have started to cook dinner myself. Usually a meal consisting of Grilled Chicken, Burger, or Steak. With perhaps Green Beans, Green Peas, Carrots, or Baked Beans, and Cheese Bread. I will need to think of other things to make. But it usually ends up being a bigger meal for less.

Ran out of Protein Shake mix, had to go buy some more. Bought Syntha-6, this tastes amazing. So good.

If this diet persists, I should stay at a steady weight of 145 depending on if the diet good. A steady increase over time would indicate probably just a gain in muscle. If I see it raises significantly too quickly then I may have to modify this diet. Though it seems to work. If anything the remaining fat (which is very little) should decrease and the muscle continue to grow. Though this will take a few months. I believe I am on my.... 5th at the gym? So not bad. Kind of just a hobby now.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Everyone here at home keeps telling me I've lost weight. Of course given I wasn't exactly heavy to begin with this isn't really a good thing, I need to start doing some exercise to get some bulk on me.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:30 pm

*high-fives Outlaw* Meat and two veg for dinner, aww yeah. More fun than my diet. For several lunches in the week I'm swapping out my cobs for salads. I hate it. A salad is not a goddamn meal, it's a side dish. I can't even mix stuff into it to make it more interesting as calorie-wise I might as well just eat a cob. Salad days tend to involve me chewing on leaves and wondering how much liposuction costs these days.

Anyway, on another subject, there's drama going down at my gym. The original owners were given short notice to get out as the landowners sold the premises to someone else. It's been closed for a month for refurb and opened up today. I went in and the first thing that greets me is a guy getting increasingly angry at the staff. Turns out the original owners had been continuing to sell membership even though they knew they were moving out. And, since it's a new company that run the gym, those memberships aren't valid. The original owners have essentially committed fraud and run off with the money. Oh boy.

Where this leaves my membership I don't know. Mine's through my company so I get it dirt cheap. We renewed it before the notice was given, so in theory it should be honoured. Except the new owners aren't happy with how little we're paying so...who knows. Negotiations are going on. If they try and charge us full price I'm going to have to give it up since there's no way I can afford to pay £480 a year for membership. So yeah, looks like I might have to start doing a lot of sit ups at home instead...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:16 pm

Raya wrote:*high-fives Outlaw* Meat and two veg for dinner, aww yeah. More fun than my diet. For several lunches in the week I'm swapping out my cobs for salads. I hate it. A salad is not a goddamn meal, it's a side dish. I can't even mix stuff into it to make it more interesting as calorie-wise I might as well just eat a cob. Salad days tend to involve me chewing on leaves and wondering how much liposuction costs these days.

Honestly perhaps you should try a Meal Replacement Shake. Low on calories and supposed to be filling enough to last you.

Me I generally either skip out on Lunch, or cut a little portions out of dinner if I do have Lunch.
I was planning on cooking a steak tonight but because I had lunch I will save the steak for tomorrow and just have grilled chicken and green beans.

I keep a log of everything for every day and weigh in the mornings and afternoons. Of course the afternoon weigh ins are never that accurate I like to do them anyways. Surprisingly though considering how much I ate yesterday I still lost a little weight. Which is great, means my diet may still be working.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:27 am

I'm actually going to try and lose weight/get in shape myself... for the manieth time XD I always have this moment of resolution, hold on to it for about a week and then forget all about it.

Anyway, like always, I'll eat healthier, less meat, more veggies, and going for that whole grain business Surge talked about. I'm still gonna eat everything for nutrition's sake but i don't need as much as I usually eat. Key thing to do though; Drink water. Like... a shit ton of water. makes you full faster, decreases your energy intake and all that jazz. for me it just makes me feel good as well.

Next to that, and this is gonna be the hard part, is more excercising. I already train jiujitsu once a week, which is a killer workout with all the running, falling, pushups, crunches and general technique practice. But I want to do more, so I'll try to start swimming again, hopefully twice a week. And on top of that just start every morning with a little excercise routine of stretching, jumping jacks, pushups, crunches and squats.

Last time I did this, even without the excercising, I easily lost about 7kg in a few weeks, though all that returned slowly ever since because since christmas I've been pigging out on sweet and tasty stuff.

best thing for me though; With my height and weight, I'm allowed to eat huge amounts of calories whilst doing barely any movement :p so if I eat as much as a normal person would (without being on a diet) I'd actually lose weight already.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Outlaw wrote:
I keep a log of everything for every day and weigh in the mornings and afternoons. Of course the afternoon weigh ins are never that accurate I like to do them anyways.

There's not much point weighing yourself twice a day since your weight naturally fluctuates so much during the day the data is meaningless. You're better off just weighing yourself once or twice a week instead so you can see the overall trend.

Perrytheplatypus wrote:
best thing for me though; With my height and weight, I'm allowed to eat huge amounts of calories whilst doing barely any movement :p so if I eat as much as a normal person would (without being on a diet) I'd actually lose weight already.

You also have the added advantage of having more area to spread the weight over. I'm sure an extra 10kg would look a lot worse on me than it would on you Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:38 am

I had the horrific moment of stepping on some scales back at home and realising I was at least 10 kg heavier than I would like to be, also the fact that my jeans are just a tad too tight is a thing too. It's rather humiliating, so once I finish this chocolate I'm going to get stuck back in to exercising, just with Just Dance 4 to start. I'll also have to watch portioning with cooking, since dad and I make huge meals and there's only two of us, I have a tendency to eat more than I should. Also I have to make sure we get plenty of veggies Razz

Cause yeah, I'm pretty disgusted with myself at the moment and I need to fix this so I'm only mildly disgusted with myself Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:33 pm

My trainer sent me a picture of him doing this. I had to show him two could play at that game.... er, maybe not as well, but good enough!

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, you saw it first here, the new American favourite spare time game: Humpball

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:24 pm

Outlaw, that looks about 2 seconds away from being a hilarious video on youtube...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Raya wrote:Outlaw, that looks about 2 seconds away from being a hilarious video on youtube...

Maybe if you tried it, I have enough balance for it.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu May 23, 2013 12:34 pm

I decided to start going swimming again. tbh I'm starting to get a bit bored with the gym. Since it got redone it's now mostly full of weight training equipment, which is largely useless to me, meaning I tend to use the same few pieces of equipment each time. It's getting to be a bit dull, and rather than enjoying myself I'm just watching the calories burnt counter tick up. So for a change I thought I'd use the pool there. I haven't gone swimming in nearly 15 years. Used to do it all the time when I was little but just kinda stopped. So I bought a brand new cozzie and went in all happy. "Oh, I'll do 1000-2000m, like I used to do when I was younger!"

...yeah, if I'm on a boat and it sinks I am fucked. I'm going to ache in the morning...

Also, no matter how slim and sexy you feel after losing weight and working out, you always feel like a fat heifer when you're in a swimming costume. Dammit.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu May 23, 2013 1:08 pm

I never thought I would come to this assdouche thread but.... I got a Gym membership and I started working out D:

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu May 23, 2013 1:37 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:I never thought I would come to this assdouche thread but.... I got a Gym membership and I started working out D:

You make it sound like working out is a bad thing. I guess it is if you are one of those obnoxious d-bags with a spray tan and bleached hair or some shit.

Congrats for you on working out.
---

Been working out 5 days a week for almost 6 months now. June 1st ought to be 6 months. It is a piece of cake, real fun, feels good, nice hobby.

The job I got makes it so the rest of the day I don't sit and home and be tempted to eat. So I am trimming even more by working now.

Abs are starting to show up now and my stomach has shrunk significantly. I would say I look pretty good now. Just got to keep going with it.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri May 24, 2013 2:57 am

Oh my fucking god my muscles hurt so bad jesus christ everything is on fire and I cant stretch my arms out all the way

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri May 24, 2013 10:24 am

SnakeInABox wrote:Oh my fucking god my muscles hurt so bad jesus christ everything is on fire and I cant stretch my arms out all the way

LOL

Welcome to the club?

How are you working out if you don't mind me asking.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri May 24, 2013 3:28 pm

How the hell do you manage to find the time to go to the gym that often Outlaw? Between my job and my social life I struggle to squeeze in just a few times a week. If you have Bernard's watch I wouldn't mind borrowing it.

SnakeInABox wrote:I never thought I would come to this assdouche thread but.... I got a Gym membership and I started working out D:

Hmm, so, Outlaw is working on being a beefcake, Av can press twice my weight, I'm running for miles, Q works out and now Snake has joined the club. If we keep this up at this rate by the end of the year we'll have enough buff bodies to do a forum sexy calender.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri May 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Outlaw wrote:
SnakeInABox wrote:Oh my fucking god my muscles hurt so bad jesus christ everything is on fire and I cant stretch my arms out all the way

LOL

Welcome to the club?

How are you working out if you don't mind me asking.

Two of my managers and the head cashier all talked me into getting a gym membership. We go after work at 12 pm. Start with some racketball, then do all the workout things you would expect, until about 2 am.

then we smoke weed

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat May 25, 2013 12:57 am

SnakeInABox wrote:
Two of my managers and the head cashier all talked me into getting a gym membership. We go after work at 12 pm. Start with some racketball, then do all the workout things you would expect, until about 2 am.

then we smoke weed

Ha, that is certainly an interesting way.

Raya wrote:How the hell do you manage to find the time to go to the gym that often Outlaw? Between my job and my social life I struggle to squeeze in just a few times a week. If you have Bernard's watch I wouldn't mind borrowing it.

Didn't have a job until last Monday. Most of my days have nothing going on. So I just go to the gym and go back home.

Now that I have a job most of my time will be taken up but I will still be going 5 days a week. Even if I end up going to the gym at like 7pm.

Social Life is what it is. I am prioritizing Money and my own looks over that of a social life. I do manage to fit in a few lunches with friends and such.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top