Post  Fedaykin on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:15 am

You rather kill us with an elaborate prank? Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 24 : Musical Mafia. Game end : Mafialess

Post  .. on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:57 am

Last time I sided with someone they ended up being mafia.

Which meant I just had to be mafia! Fuck you I am going with my original grudge vote again.

Vote: Viero

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:29 am

Never bet against a sicilian when DEATH is on the line! *Starts laughing then stops and keel over*

VOTE:SNAKE

I think the lack of a logical or sensible mafia kill eludes to a successful block somewhere down the line. So trust your feelings you know them to be true.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:05 am

Vote tally :
Avos : Snake
Snake : Avos, Spoon, DRTJR
Spont : Fedaykin
Viero : Outlaw

Nine people have yet to vote, compared to the six who have. Step your game up, y'all.

Just under 24 hours left in the day.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Yea ok I'm the roleblocker but whatever I'm really over this game already, mafia is so dead.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm the ghost of mafia, and I approve this message. Fucking post people. Take three minutes to scan over shit and post. I would but I'm dead aren't I? Thank you so much for that. Snake's throwing a tantrum, so we're going to just quietly ignore him shall we? No point in letting his bad mood impact the game. That'd be great. Alright, have fun, and may the odds be ever in your favour.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Inb4 Snake turns out to be the jester and this is an elaborate ploy.

tbh, from my point of view, I think my two main suspects are Viero and Ansem. Viero has been discussed before, and TJ's death certainly hasn't cleared him. There's also DRTJR suddenly sticking up for him, which could easily be interpreted as a teammate trying to vouch for someone who's not looking good.

Then there's Ansem. Things aren't sitting right with me about him. Usually he joins in with a bit of scum-hunting, but he's done barely anything this game. He's posting, but not contributing.

Vote: Ansem

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:29 pm

Sorry for my inactivity, I've had a bit of a hard time stuffing my job and preparations for some entrance examinations in my schedule already. Yeah, I know that as an excuse that's flimsy as shit.

I'll do a quick scan over everything and post some thoughts.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Well that helped jack shit.

What I gather is that now we have two people vaguely in each other's throats mainly because there is nothing else, a bunch of other people throwing votes into random targets and just a few people going for Snake because of his (rather typical for Snake, mind you) aggressive playstyle. And the rest, as they say, is silence.
I do have to commend Spoon for an excellent autopsy of the little things we have and don't have here.

Today it's all pretty much coming down to Avos or Snake, and I can't for the love of logic come up with a particularly good reason why one is a better target than the other. Look, both of them went after a town target, and both of their targets are dead. This could've been a honest, non-mafian mistake for one, or worse, both of them, and the real mafia members could be just watching this unfold. Actually that's my biggest theory here.

I'm sure about one thing and not much else. They tried to frame someone last night. TJ's death puts both Avos and Snake into exceedingly bad light, and I'm not entirely sure which one was planned. Maybe both.
On the other hand, Avos went after TJ, a confirmed doctor. TJ's death is a bit too appropriate for both sides, if not obviously for both. If Snake is mafia, he is conveniently using the death and proved innocence of TJ as a weapon against Avos. But if Avos is mafia, he's trying to make it look like he was framed. Risky, maybe? Yes. But considering who is really in the chopping block now, it's working.
Between Snake's typically aggressive playstyle with sudden "fuck this shit"-magnitude defeatism(which, mind you, would be a pretty excellent jester cover), and Avos' awkwardness and carefulness, I honestly have no fucking clue if one of them is mafia at all. The majority isn't going after them because they're the best targets. They're the only goddamn targets here.

I'm saying no. This isn't working. We're obviously being drawn into a trap of some kind here.
If it's up to me, someone else bites the dust.

DRTJR wrote:I think this clears Viero since the mob wouldn't be stupid enough to target the other player with a high vote count that left the last of those three being their guy.

There's something going on here and it's not even hidden.
Between this and yesterday, I'd say DRTJR is protecting Viero. There is no single reason to believe Viero is innocent because he's the only survivor of this three-way-tie. Of course, it's still just as possible that Viero is as innocent as the two others, but you know what's the one thing in mafia that's more suspicious than aggressiveness?
The opposite. When you're clearly connected to someone, there's a minor chance that you're a lover, an even smaller chance that you're a mason, and a flabbergastingly big chance that you're scum. This combined with DRTJR letting through that he's informed about something, but intending to save it for later.

I have trouble seeing clear and visible secretiveness like that as a good sign. I'm not one hundred percent sure about Viero, but this one I'm going with.
Vote: DRTJR

Bonus points for Outlaw going with the same grudge vote excuse on day two. That seems like a bit too calculated way to unassociate yourself from Viero, no?

I doubt I have enough time left in this day phase to change the tide of the votes, but I hope I at least gave you something to think about.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:44 pm

You raise a good point, Spont.

I went after Viero day one because well, nothing was happening, there was ample opportunity, and it was interesting to see his reactions. I'm not entirely convinced he's innocent, of course, but I'm not going to convict him today on general mafia speculation.

Outlaw's kinda fishy - I know this is his playstyle, but I figure that's worth looking at. And Raya raises a good point about Ansem. Ansem's usually a fairly quiet player, no? But he seems even quieter than usual today.

I've had 3 hours sleep and won't be around much for the day so I'm just going to throw down a vote and see what happens, I guess.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:45 pm

Siding with someone who might be mafia. Death.
Not voting. Death.

I'll stick with my grudge. No one else has anything better.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Since I doubt V has spent years building up a resistance to iocane powder, since I can't remember a mafia that ran on doing stupid moves just because. And the mafia tend to run from competent to so scary awesome. And it would be odd to start running on troll logic now.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:39 pm

Sorry I've been inactive. I agree with spont here. Drtjr has been defending viero a lot and his defense for doing so is flimsy at best. Also lynching him could tell us vieros allignment as well so vote:drtjr

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:11 am

So here's a serious post.

Looking back over day 1, I find Viero's defensiveness to MAD voting him to be off. Someone said knee-jerk, and I agree. Viero's comment about "Because he won't let me consume him" is actually something I glossed over (not before, I mean now) until I reread Snake's post. I figured it was Viero doing Viero things... The bandwagon that formed on Viero shortly after can also be seen as weird, but thats kind of a recurring thing in mafia.

Req died. I can understand why actually. Had I been paying attention I would have been more suspicious of him voting Ansem based off a weird feeling.

TJ was suspicious for being the inactive type (I say that when i've posted twice this game), which is understandable. Mafia usually have an easier time not being lynch the less they post. He pointed out a justification for it being good that I tied the game 3-ways, and I didn't think of it that way, so I'm leaning town for that, despite my vote day 1. Kinda surprised no one decided to just jump on me for that suspicious post, but I guess posting later in the phase discouraged that. Oh, that's right, TJ was night killed. That's what I get for posting as I reread.

Anyway, I'm not the only one that thinks this by now but I think TJ was killed by an SK and the Mafia kill was blocked, if it even matters really. That, or the mafia making the kill was roleblocked. Assuming there is an SK, but what game doesn't have one?

SpoonMan Abrams X wrote: one of TJ's posts, besides his debate of Viero vs. Req, also gives what looks like a soft push towards Smash. Something that I think is worth keeping in mind.
If by soft push towards Smash you mean towards being town, then I agree.

At this point in the phase, I feel like whatever I do to vote is either going to make people think I'm suspicious or completely ignore me again. I don't think Snake is mafia, so I'd sooner vote for DRTJR. If you care to know who I suspicious that would be Ansem and Outlaw, but those are baseless mostly. I mean, Camilla has been around and posting, but only decides to vote after Spont's wall on DRTJR, but that's it. Ansem's been quiet but so have I so I can't say shit.

I'll Vote: DRTJR and break the tie this time.

Vote tally :
Avos (1): Snake
Snake (3): Avos, Spoon, DRTJR
Spont (1): Fedaykin
Viero (1): Outlaw
Ansem (1): Raya
DRTJR (4): Spont, Camilla, DarkFalco, Smashy B

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:49 am

DRTJR wrote:Since I doubt V has spent years building up a resistance to iocane powder, since I can't remember a mafia that ran on doing stupid moves just because. And the mafia tend to run from competent to so scary awesome. And it would be odd to start running on troll logic now.

I have trouble telling what you are actually trying to say here. There's troll logic, yeah, and there's your vague but alarming connection to Viero. It doesn't really help that he hasn't said anything this day phase.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:00 am

Calling it now! if DR is mafia then he is probably trying to get me killed by trying to frame me, clever bastard! Though I

Also I have had a shit ton of work put on me after the game started up. BUT the work will end Saturday though so then I can do stuff then! Smile

"Because he won't let me consume him"

I know you know me better than that! Of course it is me being me, Smash.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:07 am

Vivivi-vi Vi-vivi wrote:Calling it now! if DR is mafia then he is probably trying to get me killed by trying to frame me, clever bastard! Though I
Though you...

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:09 am

Sorry about that, I meant to say thought I kinda doubt I would be his target for this if this were the case. Smile

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:57 am

I admit that what I have on DRTJR isn't much, but that kind of "I know something important but I better save it for later" is statistically usually full of shit. Of course you do, everyone knows those kind of things, even if it is just their own role. A villager saying it out loud is just begging for a night kill by mafia, and a mafian saying it out loud is just trying to cover his own ass with vague bullcrap.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:55 am

SnakeInABox wrote:Yea ok I'm the roleblocker but whatever I'm really over this game already, mafia is so dead.
Well this is dandy.

Unvote

Out of curiosity then who did you roleblock N1? I'm considering calling shenanigans considering the nature of the claim and lack of trying to defend yourself. Come on, man. Rolling over and eating the lynch is the last thing I'd expect you to do.

@ Raya If Viero is one of your main suspects for DRTJR voting him, then why not vote DRTJR? Would be a good lynch w/o falling into the WIFOM feet first. Ansem I can agree with especially since his posts seem to just be mostly fluff or WIFOM.

@ Ansem what are your thoughts outside of NK analysis? Also as pointed out WIFOM means "Wine in front of me", aka that scene from Princess Bride aka Circular Logic. It's basically the trap of "whodunit and why?" that is easy to fall into when trying to analyze night kills (which you shouldn't really be doing regardless).

@ DRTJR While I can appreciate the Princess Bride reference, what else can you offer besides tunneling on the WIFOM? What is it you are "holding back"? Not the time to take things to your grave.

@ Spont I appreciate the appreciation Razz However I still not entirely sold on DRTJR lynch myself. Besides the fact he is being DRTJR, I hate to admit it but we've seen the guy pull gambits before and it paid off for him (heck just last game, after all). If someone is seemingly trying to setup a trap, it is him. I'd rather have him spill his guts before we spill them for him, but would be worthy enough in case of a tie.

Vote: Avos I still don't like how he has been going this day phase, and his disappearance at this point doesn't sit well. I'd like to see him at least defend himself before considering anything else.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:10 am

I blocked drtjr of course what else would you expect me to fucking do

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:28 am

I was thinking that I needed to mention that I just started a second job here as well instead of just the whatever thread, no worries.

Unvote: Snake

There hasn't been a counterclaim yet, and most people have posted since he had. I will admit that when he is town he always does his best for it and can be very helpful.

I got to go soon to start another 16 hrs of working, so in effort to keep the lynch, and voting for who I was thinking isn't going to go anywhere.

He always acts finicky and unorthodox, but maybe voting and his comments will have some light shed if he is the lynched person.

I will throw out my thoughts so it doesn't look like I'm just voting and running, FoS: Remitos due to he hasn't been helping with scum hunting just giving little tidbits of advice here and there.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:34 am

So, my point for voting Spont is no longer valid. unvote

As Spont said, the "saving info for later"-bit smells like a big turd, so vote DRTJR

I seriously need to step up my game next phase.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:05 am

Predictions, Snake is Mafia, and I used my powers as a quasi roleblock on him, since it's supposed to make the power not work properly.

Next day Snake or another Mafian will try to lynch V since I defended him, and he will probibly also not flip mafia, leading to three wasted day phases.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:41 am

SnakeInABox wrote:I blocked drtjr of course what else would you expect me to fucking do

DRTJR wrote:Predictions, Snake is Mafia, and I used my powers as a quasi roleblock on him, since it's supposed to make the power not work properly.

Next day Snake or another Mafian will try to lynch V since I defended him, and he will probibly also not flip mafia, leading to three wasted day phases.

Okay, okay, okay. Please for the love of all that is good, someone tell me they saw this and, like myself, thought that this was a VERY HARDCORE attempt at a bussing?

Let's look at the facts here;

D1; those that had the noose tied around their neck were Viero, TheTJ, and Requiem. Now, as we all know, it was a very close hanging with Req BARELY pulling ahead, and he flipped inno. The vote spread was 3 Viero, 3 TheTJ, 4 Requiem. Should you go back to the first day phase, who all was it that voted on Requiem? DRTJR, Snake, Viero, and TheTJ. Do notice: DRTJR, Snake, and Viero all voted on Requiem..

N1; Of all the people that COULD HAVE been night killed, someone chose TheTJ. Why that would happen is beyond me.

D2; The VERY FIRST THING THAT HAPPENED, was a debate over the flavor on if it was either a mafia night kill or a SK kill(This is important, I'll touch on this in a bit after the next tidbit), and DRTJR with a pretty odd attempt at defending Viero. You all know it, that "Oh, one of the other guys on the noose died overnight, surely that means Viero is inno" statement(Not exact words, but that's what he was shooting for). What's happening now?

Think about this, and stay with me here. This is how I'm seeing this play out.

* First, I go back to that start of the D2 thing I put up there, and people started trying to theorycraft who possibly did the kill, if it was mafia or a SK.

* I suspect what happened is, the mafia would capitalize on this kind of senseless debate. All that really needed to be said is "Hmmm, that might've been a SK" instead of a discussion about it.

* With paranoia at their disposal, compounded with the fact that they KNOW if it was a SK kill or not, they could easily steer this in a direction they want it to go.

* Snake role claims as Role Blocker, while claiming he blocked DRTJR.

* DRTJR however, is already under slight suspicion for the current day phase, so it would be relatively easy to start a push on him.

* DRTJR then proceeds to lay out that "Information" that he had that he was holding out on us, trying to pin the blame on Snake, and THEN trying to protect Viero, AGAIN.

Now, this is what I suspect ultimately happened, based on the stuff above. Bonus points if you see where I'm going with this by now.

The mafia is abusing that discussion of if it was a SK kill or not to their advantage. Think about this. The mafia DOES know if it was a SK kill or their own. All they have to do is is have Snake claim blocking someone they know will flip mafia, and the mafia having a kill as well as the SK.

Should there be two kills in the next night, Snake will look pretty damn good, having claimed role blocker and blocking DRTJR, the guy they know will flip mafia.

Then we have DRTJR's post, right before this. He ALSO claims role blocker, though not a full fledged one if his "quasi roleblocker" claim is true. What would happen if two role blockers collide? I think one of those, "What would happen if the immovable object meets the unstoppable force?" moment. If they were both role blockers it wouldn't matter if they both targeted each other. Nothing would happen either way.

If you ask me, this was one HELL of a well scripted exchange.

Should DRTJR flip mafia, I suspect Viero and Snake to be mafia as well.

I'll try to add a little more to this before the phase ends, but I have class until 12 PM CST, which is 1 PM EST. We'll see if I can put up a post in class.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top