Mafia Game 24 : Musical Mafia. Game end : Mafialess

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 24 : Musical Mafia. Game end : Mafialess

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:02 pm

I am going to Vote: Ansem for beating me to the vote on DRTJR. My vote is mostly on Ansem though because I don't want to participate in the Day 1 Viero crowd but I don't necessarily want to try and stop it. I also feel that a no vote would be counterproductive. Like every other game, I think Ansem is a cool guy and I'm willing to vouch for him despite being completely unaware of his affiliation.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Raya wrote:
Vivivi-vi Vi-vivi wrote:Rascal, unvote me now because that is a bullshit reason to vote for someone.

That's a rather aggressive statement for someone who did the very same thing himself. It's also rather knee-jerk defensive.

Vote: Viero

Mine is a joke vote though, all fun and games! He is in no immediate danger.

Rascal is voting for me because he thinks everyone has some negative thoughts about having dirty minds. Funny, yes. But I am in immediate danger at the time he voted for me so it is a bit less funny I'm afraid. And thus not a joke. Sad

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Someone has to go Viero.

Looks like it is you pal.

Though I do find the group following up and voting for you a tad suspicious. It seems like a bandwagon was way to easy.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:07 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:I am going to Vote: Ansem for beating me to the vote on DRTJR. My vote is mostly on Ansem though because I don't want to participate in the Day 1 Viero crowd but I don't necessarily want to try and stop it. I also feel that a no vote would be counterproductive. Like every other game, I think Ansem is a cool guy and I'm willing to vouch for him despite being completely unaware of his affiliation.

I'm cool with this, and i will do the same for you snake, i digg yo style.

And Raya, voting for viero now just seems like kicking a guy while he's already down. And in the shower or something that's just as humiliating. Any particular reason why you would do that, aside from your cold, british heart?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:53 pm

Vivivi-vi Vi-vivi wrote:Rascal, unvote me now because that is a bullshit reason to vote for someone..
Vie, my reason for voting spont was an irrelevant math fact, I'm pretty sure that's a fair bit more bullshit than my reason for voting you

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:01 pm

Ansem wrote:And in the shower or something that's just as humiliating.

I WAS IN THE POOL.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:51 pm

The_Magician's_Advisor wrote:
Vie, my reason for voting spont was an irrelevant math fact, I'm pretty sure that's a fair bit more bullshit than my reason for voting you

No, Spont had no votes. He was not going to die.

You voted for me when I already had two votes on me. This bandwagon came out of nowhere with little to no reason. Pay very close attention to the people who voted for me after Outlaw.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:57 pm

But two of the four votes came because of your phrasing. Bullshit or not, you can't deny that there is something of a point here. Regardless of right, it lead to consequences.

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Two of the votes come from how you interpreted my words. There is nothing wrong with I've said~

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:10 pm

People say things that get mis-interpreted all the time. I don't think having Viero be the first day lynch just cause he did get some results last game, even if they weren't the greatest way to do it, it still got done.

First day lynches are rough cause on one hand no one wants to be out day one, plus the chance of losing a potential big-help role. On the other side of the coin, like I said earlier, it's necessary cause it's one of the main options for the town to actually take out mafians.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:35 pm

You've got a point Avos
Unvote: Viero
Vote: Spont

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:55 pm

Avos you need to stop basing your willingness to let people live/die on what they were able to accomplish in previous games.

No one gives a FUCK what Viero did last game, it doesn't matter. He could have been the sole survivor and winner for the town last game and that doesn't have anything to do with whether or not he deserves to die this game.

Viero, don't be an idiot. Your post was very suspicious. You go on and on about your own little world, and about shadows and what potentially sounds like a sort of conversion. I feel as though you edited in that bit pointing out it was an inside joke, but regardless of whether or not that's the case, it was simply a dumb move to risk making weird dark statements the majority of the group wont understand. I don't think that necessarily automatically makes you scummy, however if you are town it certainly serves as an annoying distraction and scapegoat opportunity you accidentally willingly gave the mafia to work with. For that, I can neither condone or oppose the call for your blood.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:51 pm

I'm... Actually going to stall on joining the band wagon, simply because I know what Vie's talking about. It's the reason my skype name was The Sloth for an hour or two on Skype. I will say that it was in rather poor taste though. I'm tempted to vote Spont just to irritate him, but I'm not that petty, so for now I'm going to Unvote: DF and Vote: Ansem Don't know why, but something is bothering me about him.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:56 pm

Unvote: Ansem Vote: Requiem

Stop fucking up my whole "Not fucking with anyone but not voting no one" thing

EDIT ok hold on Viero voted for Req so by voting req I wouldn't still be unaccomplishing nothing. Unvote:Requiem and Vote: Camilla

Because hey there camilla there's no possible way people are going to jump onto you with me

EDIT: Actually I went to shoot Requiem night 0 in the april fools game why am I against him dieing day one here

Unvote: Camilla and Vote: Requiem for sure this time

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:45 am

just wanted to make my presence known since i've been absent due to classes. I'll post again in the morning when i'm not about to drop from sleep.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:13 am

Day 1 Vote tally:
Viero : Outlaw, Cam, Raya
Req : Viero, Snake
Smash : Avos
TMA : Spont
Raya : Fedaykin
DRTJR : Ansem
Ansem : Req
Spont : TMA

Just to keep it updated, let me know if I'm missing anything. The current vote tallies will also be in the first post, just to make them easier to find.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:21 am

Maybe I'll re-phrase myself. Not totally that it was about last game, but he was a factor in activity. Maybe that is what we should do, get rid of someone that is usually pretty inactive.

Unvote: Smashy B

Vote: TheTJ

Cause he has been one of the inactives in most games. Is he ever going to be a part of the game? He says he loves these games but barely squeaks in more than 2-3 post every game. I don't care if I'm told I'm out of line but he's got to realize this.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:38 am

actually avos Tj wasn't nearly that inactive in games pasts the last one. Also, like has been stated, it's not fair to vote like that off of past games. Each game is a new and unique experience and should be treated as such. If we were to use this logic, people wouldn't play anymore. So voting for someone based off of this on day one looks kinda scummy, or at least least not very thought out. Going back through the posts I found that Relm had thrown a random grudge on Tj using this same logic. So you are just reusing that random logic to make a vote. So for now vote: avos

also fixed the vote tally since it was misssing relm

Viero : Outlaw, Cam, Raya
Req : Viero, Snake
Smash : Avos
TMA : Spont
Raya : Fedaykin
DRTJR : Ansem
Ansem : Req
Spont : TMA
TJ: Relm, Avos
Avos: DF

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:11 am

He's inactive in a lot of the games actually, DF. Game 19 comes to mind immediately after Hunters vs. Arkz, due to HvA being the last game. G19, TJ's post count on the dot quadrupled close to the end game after Smash called him out for lack of activity.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:53 pm

Relmitos wrote:He's inactive in a lot of the games actually, DF. Game 19 comes to mind immediately after Hunters vs. Arkz, due to HvA being the last game. G19, TJ's post count on the dot quadrupled close to the end game after Smash called him out for lack of activity.

still, actually voting for him, not just grudge voting like you did, on that basis and that basis alone just doesn't work. He seemed to be wanting to form a bandwagon just on that fact alone. It just doesn't sit well with me.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Relmitos wrote:He's inactive in a lot of the games actually, DF. Game 19 comes to mind immediately after Hunters vs. Arkz, due to HvA being the last game. G19, TJ's post count on the dot quadrupled close to the end game after Smash called him out for lack of activity.
Give the guy some credit, he brings the thunder when he can play and real life gets in the way.

To finish the trinity. VOTE: REQ

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:33 pm

Eh, Avos has a point. I'm willing to give TJ the benefit of the doubt day 1, but he does need to actually post.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:41 pm

For the first day to be done right, it's an awkward process. You vote for someone for a bullshit reason, mostly just to single them out and get a reaction that you try and read. Everyone is doing that to different people. Some interrogate eachother, some are being interrogated while interrogating another person. When someone thinks they have something, they keep at it. Otherwise, they join someone else who thinks they have something or they go after another different person. Eventually, votes add up on people who seem the most scummy. There will be multiple people who have a lot of votes on them but hopefully one of them just seems worse than the rest and everyone goes for them. While the "odds" of getting a mafian day one are "Slim" statistically, it's really not. While yes, there are more townies than mafians, If everyone pays attention and uses basic process of elimination, much can be accomplished.

That is not the only way to catch a Mafian. If a large number of people get quite a few votes, in this case Viero, Req, and Tj, it's probable that one of the three at least are mafian. With that said, there is always the possibility of noticing people defend one of them a suspicious amount. If they die and flip mafia, there is like half their team in the bag. This is in play the entire game. If one of these guys dies like 5 days later, we can go back and look at today and see who defended who. Ok, in reality most mafians who life for 5 days werent dumb enough to defend another mafia day one. But you catch my drift, you can use the information from previous days to find a mafian. not information from previous games.....avos....

there is another factor, but here's where it gets difficult. The Mafia is posing as town. Therefore, the mafia is ALSO interrogating people and trying to get them lynched. In some cases, the mafia will call out eachother, to divert suspicion off of the other in case one of the two dies. But in most cases, they will target an innocent. Their logic for calling a person out rest mainly on some bullshit grudge, or thing in the past, or false logic reasoning. The problem is, that's just about what EVERYONE is doing in the very beginning. In my experience, the difference between a town and a mafian is that as the phase continues, if the townie thinks the other person is mafia, they will try to curve their argument towards inconsistencies and bullshit in the other persons argument. A mafian usually sticks to the original argument and uses the town and mafia that jump to their side to provide additional stress on the other person.

We can't do things this way because there isn't enough activity. And this entire thing is not an argument as to why I am voting for Requiem. I'm just voting for him. And I'm not changing it just because DRTJR joined me. Though I briefly considered that possibility. Anyway, this is your Mafia 101 for the day do with it what you will

EDIT: Everyone should read this but it's mostly directed at Avos who is absolutely terrible jesus christ

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi, guys.

I've been so fucking busy this week it's disgusting.

Vote: TheTJ

Later.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:21 pm

I mean part of my big thing right up there, literally the post before yours smashbro, was pointing out that it's ineffective to jump onto a random bandwagon day one if you're just going to say some shit about not being able to say anything at all.

No like seriously you couldn't even make up some stupid fucking reasoning behind voting TJ instead you just, vote and walk away? It would have been completely relevant to my whole statement if you had randomly without reason voted on someone who wasn't in line to die, because hey gauge reactions whatever, but nope lets just follow everyone else and not say anything that's making a difference.

You know, I get being busy. It happens to everyone. I would tell you that if you are busy in real life. you shouldn't sign up for a game in which you have to regularly be active, which includes actually having something to say, but that isn't any of my business. Anyone can sign up if they think they are up for it. I'll bitch about how I don't think a quarter of you even have the right to keep playing, but I am in no power to tell anyone they can't play.

But if you sign up for this game and you are too busy to take a few minutes out of your day to say something worth while, I would suggest not even posting. I would personally rather someone just not do anything and stay the fuck out of everyone elses way, than feel as though they HAVE to do something otherwise they'll get killed, so they rush everything and make rash decisions and stupid arguments and just generally make everything harder for everyone else.

Anyway I'm not condemning Smash or anything, despite the suspicious activity of being inactive and then voting for someone who is being bused for usually being inactive. Nor am I insinuating that he shouldn't play due to his busy schedule. I also am not defending Tj, who just like nearly everyone else because no one is actually doing anything worth while, also has not done anything condemning or condoning.

Most of you may notice I'm using most of my time this game telling people how to play, instead of actually playing. There is logic behind my reasoning. Part of that logic would be the fact that some people are just god awful. No one specific. I'm not naming ANY names. Don't be put down regardless, you'll thank me later. Or lynch my on the grounds of being put out with my egotistical attitude. Just don't look at it as me acting superior to everyone else, look at it as me helping everyone else not be as terrible as usual.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:43 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top