That'll show me for skimming.

I'll go check those targets out then.

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 24 : Musical Mafia. Game end : Mafialess

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Thu May 09, 2013 9:44 pm

There have been four nights. Each of you only listed three targets...

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Thu May 09, 2013 9:46 pm

JohnnyFarrar wrote:That'll show me for skimming.

I'll go check those targets out then.
Rolling Eyes You do that, lol

@Snake everyone has weighed in. Being the only confirmed townie at this point, bout time you utilize some of that skill you have~ What are your thoughts?

AMENDMENT: I told you already I missed the first Day/Night cycle. I was kinda indisposed due to work & other RL shenanigans (mostly not having internet for a week)

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri May 10, 2013 1:27 am

Oooooooh, what a claim. What a delicious claim.
Thanks, I was actually a bit unsure about you, because part of my theory was based on you surviving my kill, and that was explained by TMA's busing.

I don't really have more for now. As for why only three targets, I decided not to act before I was sure. If you think that's a bad explanation, then sorry. I didn't think the village needed one more random kill to scrutinize over.
On the point of serial killers: Retroactively I have to say that it was always pretty obvious that there isn't one. The only death to throw this one off was the fifth death on night 3, where logically we should've only had 4. But come to think of it, that was possibly Relm with one of his Jack of all trades abilities.
There, mystery goddamn solved.

Not much else to say here. Johnny, Snake, do consider that Spoon waited for an ungodly amount of time before claiming, when he could've immediately told that I was lying in the post after my vig claim.

Also you goddamn liar the vigilante isn't Avenged Sevenfold. I'm Queen, which makes me a bit suspicioua that Minby specifically picked these bands for us. Not necessarily the roles, but the bands.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Fri May 10, 2013 1:46 am

There's a lot of assumptions in your post here.

First of all we have no idea what any of Relm's powers were. a JOAT could just as easily have any number of other powers besides a vig kill. unfortunately we'll never know until after endgame, and they really haven't dropped any hints that I can see in any of their posts.

You were so sure about there being a SK before, but now your not? Oh, that's because you ARE scum and are now just covering you ass. No one would put that much effort forth w/o having some idea of what they're talking about. It's a pretty standard & obvious Scum slip to dance around WIFOM regarding other factions, and I have little doubt that you are as such now.

You also assume I have nothing but time on my hands to immediately respond to w/e shenanigans happens on this thread as soon as someone makes a claim/vote. It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine with people trying to hold that shit against other players. I've explained plenty of times now that I've been busy. Just because my responses aren't adequate enough for YOU doesn't change anything...
Actually you seemed pretty content with my posts before, but now it's not good enough? You've done a complete 180 and completely changed your tune? That seems just adds to my opinion of you digging in the bottom of the barrel to keep the charades going.

Also, I know I'm not lying but nice try (not really). Flavor means very little outside of the fact it's, well, flavor. If you really want to go down that road Queen has just as much chance to be anything else, not just w/e you claim it to be. Look at our 2 mafia kills so far; Taylor Swift and Gnarles Barkley? The fuck they even have to do with each other. Flavor has little meaning in what role was assigned to it, and frankly you trying to argue it is weak. Though I do find it interesting you withheld your flavor until after my claim. That strikes me as trying to weasel out of a half-assed fake claim.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Fri May 10, 2013 1:48 am

@Snake and TMA

I hope you see this and change your votes in time to make sure we don't make a mislynch. Come the night Snake can roleblock Johnny & I can shoot him, assuming ofc there isn't any bulletproof shenanigans. In which case we can lynch him next day phase anyway~

EDIT: I am off to bed. May may not be back before the end of the phase. Hopefully the right call is made before then.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri May 10, 2013 2:40 am

SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:There's a lot of assumptions in your post here.
As is with yours, as we'll soon see.
SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:You were so sure about there being a SK before, but now your not?
Thank you for putting words into my mouth.
Let me count the times I've mentioned serial killers in this game.
Spontimus Prime wrote:Ansem, Raya and Fed have been so particularly quiet and noncommitting that they're pretty much equals on my suspicion list. The only comments they've been making have been pretty safe votes or observations about metagaming stuff that is hardly very important or helpful. Speculation based on story fluff text (the whole point about TJ's death being a potential vig/serial killer deed) is not a very fruitful conversation to have.
Spontius Pilate wrote:Going with math and shit, there sort of has to be a serial killer. Four of the deaths can be explained with mafia kill, vig kill and lover bonds. And then there's Snake, who just flat out died. Unless there's some grand motherfucking driver fuckery or a villager or a mafia role that can get an extra nightkill in special conditions, this is probably a SK kill.
Okay, not so sure about that either. I don't have a clue why the SK would just come out of the blue now, when there hasn't been any clue of their existence until now.
What you are seeing here isn't a complete turnaround. It's just flirting with the idea of a possible serial killer, then dismissing it.
See also the theory about "a villager or a mafia role that can get an extra nightkill in special conditions" and realize that Relm turned out to be a "jack of all trades".
Spontiac GTO wrote:In the best scenario, the second death of last night was just our vigilante, failing to hit a mafian for the first time. In the worst case, there's still a serial killer running around.
This then is just a lie to keep my identity hidden for a bit more. You're seeing patterns where there are none.
Notice how I've been bowing at the feet of this mystery vigilante like the #1 member of his fan club the whole game? Well... yeah.

There's also the fact that I've been quoting Another One Bites The Dust every two posts. Well... yeah.
Let's move on to picking apart this post completely.
SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:You also assume I have nothing but time on my hands to immediately respond to w/e shenanigans happens on this thread as soon as someone makes a claim/vote. It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine with people trying to hold that shit against other players. I've explained plenty of times now that I've been busy. Just because my responses aren't adequate enough for YOU doesn't change anything...
Jus' finding it a wee odd that you have enough time to throw out a post to explain how busy you are in direct response to a post where I claimed vigilante(which should probably ring some alarms if you, you know, were a vigilante yourself), but don't have enough time to write "Spont's speaking bullshit, I'm the real vigilante".
It's just a bit too appropriate, don't you think.
SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:Actually you seemed pretty content with my posts before, but now it's not good enough? You've done a complete 180 and completely changed your tune? That seems just adds to my opinion of you digging in the bottom of the barrel to keep the charades going.
Nah. I admit it, you fooled me. It was only when I did some target searching last night that I saw that not a lot of your theories were making any sense.
SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:Also, I know I'm not lying but nice try (not really). Flavor means very little outside of the fact it's, well, flavor. If you really want to go down that road Queen has just as much chance to be anything else, not just w/e you claim it to be. Look at our 2 mafia kills so far; Taylor Swift and Gnarles Barkley? The fuck they even have to do with each other. Flavor has little meaning in what role was assigned to it, and frankly you trying to argue it is weak. Though I do find it interesting you withheld your flavor until after my claim. That strikes me as trying to weasel out of a half-assed fake claim.
Flavour doesn't mean shit, that's where you're right. It was the only thing I was trying to imply when I was saying that Minby probably randomized the roles but chose the bands.
That is exactly the reason I didn't say my role name until lately. It doesn't really mean anything. I could've said I'm David Bowie or Green Day or Manowar and the effect on the gameplay would've been exactly the same.
You're the one that's grabbing onto such miniscule trivia and using it as a weapon, not me.

Check, mate.

Eagerly waiting to hear any kind of input from Johnny, TMA and Snake.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri May 10, 2013 3:55 am

I can tell you through my post mortem shenanigans behind minbys back, I'm pretty sure the bands/in some caes even role, were prechosen for us. thats all the information I'm giving. also, I'm not blocking johnny next phase, I'm blocking our vigilante.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Fri May 10, 2013 5:27 am

Okay, I know flavor doesn't actually mean much in terms of roles, but it's like Spont said about Fed not sharing any of the potential cop scan info.
What if he did?
His last words were "THE KILLERS ARF" it's pretty safe to assume that the F is actually an E that he didn't live long enough to write. This could be referring to the band The Killers, or rather it could if the only two people that could logically have that title claimed others. So if that isn't the case, then it probably meant there were multiple killers, and that Fed either knew who they were, or at least knew that they had some sort of commonality (actually, if the latter is true, then the former has to be. If this is the case, then we know one of two things are likely
1. both of our "vigs" here is scum
2. both of our vigs here are actually vigs, and neither one is lying

But that doesn't matter. There's a surefire way to end this shit here and now
Unvote: Spoon
Vote: Johnny Farrar
Snake, vote me. If everyone but you ties, then we'll all be killed, but that means that only a townie will remain, which is good enough for me. End this Snake

EDIT: Actually Snake, if you'd be so kind, wait until the last minute to vote me, and then, only if Johnny hasn't voted yet, I forgot to count his vote in all of this. Shame really, because I thought that that would be a badass way to win Sad

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri May 10, 2013 6:01 am

TMA, if it's a tie, it's a tie. Nobody dies.

So make your choice.

Also, isn't Fed's death post basically just a big silly Foo Fighters reference. Aren't they all just silly band references. It isn't referring to the band "the Killers".

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri May 10, 2013 7:27 am

Day 5 votes :
No one : Snake
Spoon : Spont
Spont : Spoon
Johnny : TMA

Yeah, any result where there are more than two players tied is a no-lynch. No extentions, you've had enough already. 2 and a half hours till nightphase.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri May 10, 2013 7:56 am

Oh fuck me how did I not get that it's obvious.
Of course, Fed was trying to write "THE KILLERS ARE", which basically means there are two mafians left.

Yeah, it's story fluff, but what if it's an ability of his? Like he can leave a post-death message but won't know how much of it will show up?

Yeah, we're screwed if we don't get a mafian today. I strongly advise you guys to reconsider your votes.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri May 10, 2013 10:38 am

The town argued, but could not come to any sort of agreement on who to kill. The sun dipped beneath the sky, and everyone went home, fearful of how the night will turn out.

It is now Night. Night will end at 2:00 PM EST on Monday, May 13th

I'll be in the middle of a final at the normal end time, so I need to move it. Sorry if that causes any confusion.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon May 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Ambient Music

Spoon walked the streets proud, his head held high, but with fear in his heart. He knew his days were numbered, but not quite when his time would come. He knew the dangers that lay in front of him as he ventured onto the dark streets, but he went forth, knowing that it was all he could do.

Spoon turned the corner, almost back to his home, and threw his hand out, stopping a lunging menace from attacking him. “As if that wasn’t obvious” he laughed, getting into a defensive stance, but as he regained focus, the figure was gone. Or was it? It was on Spoon’s back, tearing at his neck, tearing out his throat, and killing him. But at least his last words were said laughing, right?

Spoon has been killed. He was Jon Lajoie, the Mafia Godfather.

Ambient Music

Snake knew the dangers that existed outside at night, he was even killed by them once, but he had to go out and pick up his favorite box that was left by his gravesite. He navigated the streets quickly, hoping to be back as soon as possible, but knowing that he probably wouldn’t, and was in grave danger.

He made it to his old grave site, still open from when he was revived, and saw his lucky box. As he went to pick it up, he was shot from behind, and fell right into the hole he crawled out of.

Snake has been killed (again). He was (still) The Lonely Island, the Town’s Roleblocker.

It is now day. Day will end at 12:00 PM EST on Thursday, May 16th

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Mon May 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Mama, I just killed a man. Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he's dead.

Now can we just kill one more and wrap this up like gentlemen.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Mon May 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Okay, so I swapped Johnny and Spont this time.

I understand that I don't really have anything proving I'm town. I've been nohing but a liability since day one (sorry vie). Luckily, I can at least say that I've claimed a role and given an accurate list of my uses of the action so far. I don't think this really matters tho. If I get lynched and flip town (which I would),Spont can take you out the following night (or at least I would assume so, or Minby wouldn't have announced that a night phase existed to follow, wherein Spont will just kill the last one's ass dead. (speaking of, is it really necessary to have such a long day phase given that there are only three people left?)
Vote: Johnny F

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Mon May 13, 2013 3:31 pm

@mod - If snake blocked somebody and then died, would the block have worked?

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue May 14, 2013 12:42 am

Yes

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Tue May 14, 2013 11:18 am

So you guys are obviously voting for each other. You have one day to convince me that the other guy is scum, and so far Johnny's not doing a very good job. But he still has time.

Too bad this game had to end so slowly and painlessly. There's TMA who has been around the whole game, but not very actively, and Johnny who is sort of playing the same game Ansem barely played. And I've got to pick one.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Tue May 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Spont, I know you don't have much reason to trust me. At all. However, there are a few facts worth considering. I've told you my role, and Johnny boy here confirmed it (if you recall Snake saying he intended to block you, and me swapping your spot with Johnny's). Then you have Johnny trying to pull rules and retcon his action into getting through a) not the best move given that it confirms my role, and b) makes you wonder what his action was going to be.
That aside, there's only one fact left to review: 11-2=9

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu May 16, 2013 8:44 am

Well then.

Vote: Johnny

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 am

Day phase is over, but studying for finals is gonna make the post a little late. Should be out by tonight.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu May 16, 2013 7:41 pm

Ambient Music

The day was tense, and incredibly personal. Everyone was in each others’ face, and everyone knew that if the other two agreed on anything, it could mean death for them, and that kept the stakes high, and kept them nearly silent, staring at each other the whole time, exchanging few words, not looking to incriminate themselves.

Spont stood tall, knowing that Johnny and TMA trusted him, and the fate of the town stood on his shoulders. The metaphorical gun was in his hands, and he knew it, and was at ease even with all of the pressure on his head. The right decision will avenge the deaths of all the innocent people who have been killed. A wrong choice, and he, himself, would be killed, and with him, the last of the town. So, pretty much, no pressure.

TMA argued his case to Spont, and Johnny stood there, silent. The day was drawing to a close, and Spont still had not made a decision, or even hinted at one. The sun was getting lower in the sky, below the treetops, below the roofs, and it was almost time to head in for the night, when suddenly, Spont pulled out a revolver, and shot Johnny in the head, twice. Johnny fell, dead, still silent.

Johnny has been killed. He was Shaggy, the Mafia Ninja

Spont raised his fist in the air, and bowed his head, triumphantly, as TMA felt relief for the first time since the incident started. He then went to Dark Falco’s grave to find her secrets of resurrection, so they could bring back the town and live in peace once more.

The Town has won the game.

Thanks everyone for playing, and Snake, you’re going to comment on this, so I’m calling you out for it here. I’ll post all the roles and a little analysis of each player over the weekend, and I still have the list of every night’s actions, a few of them are interesting, so I’ll talk about them too. When y’all were active, this was a really fun game to watch, I hope you all enjoyed it too.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Thu May 16, 2013 7:45 pm

Well balls. I could've actually swore Spont was a SK. Ah well~

Was a fun game. Props to Minby for being an excellent host.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu May 16, 2013 7:46 pm

*Rascals first mafia game*

*lives to the very end*

God damn it, Rascal.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile