Mafia Game 24 : Musical Mafia. Game end : Mafialess

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 24 : Musical Mafia. Game end : Mafialess

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Thu May 16, 2013 7:50 pm

if it makes you feel any better, my survival probably rested solely on my incompetence Razz

Last edited by The_Magician's_Advisor on Thu May 16, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : improper spacing)

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Thu May 16, 2013 7:53 pm

The_Magician's_Advisor wrote:if it makes you feel any better, my survival probably rested solely on my incompetence Razz
It was your first? Then let me say well done good sir. You can only go up from here~ Wink

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Thu May 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Thanks Spoon. My performance aside, I really am quite hyped. Gotta give a big thank you to Spont, an apology to Viero for hounding after him despite him turning out to be a townie, and especially thanks to our gracious host with the most (references to smash bros. characters in one avatar pick), Minby.
All that said, I'm not sure how I feel about the game of Mafia. Reading back through some of the logs of other games, it kinda feels like half the game is just bitching (even to the point where I initially thought it was "Whine in Front of Me" as opposed to wine the beverage). But the other parts of the game seem like a lot of fun, especially now that I have more of an idea what I'm doing, and I'd love to play again in the near future

Last edited by The_Magician's_Advisor on Thu May 16, 2013 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot an end parentheses, also forgot to finish a sentence)

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Thu May 16, 2013 8:19 pm

The_Magician's_Advisor wrote:Thanks Spoon. My performance aside, I really am quite hyped. Gotta give a big thank you to Spont, an apology to Viero for hounding after him despite him turning out to be a townie, and especially thanks to our gracious host with the most (references to smash bros. characters in one avatar pick), Minby.
All that said, I'm not sure how I feel about the game of Mafia. Reading back through some of the logs of other games, it kinda feels like half the game is just bitching (even to the point where I initially thought it was "Whine in Front of Me" as opposed to wine the beverage). But the other parts of the game seem like a lot of fun, especially now that I have more of an idea what I'm doing, and I'd love to play again in the near future
Always glad to see a new player enjoy themselves. Also always important to keep in mind it is a game, and extra saltiness is to be expected (though it should NEVER be excessive).

Also WIFOM in some cases does stand for that, lol. Though in most cases the term for it is AtE (Appeal to Emotion), but the "Whine" is better for lolz~

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu May 16, 2013 8:57 pm

It's getting to the point of not being funny but I WANT TO BE THE SK, Also I knew V or whom ever I thought was innocent was actually innocent So ha.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Thu May 16, 2013 9:25 pm

When you get to see the mafia forum, I was very adamant about not killing TheTJ, I knew it would get me killed. Oh well it is what it is!

Thanks Minby, it was a fun game!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Thu May 16, 2013 9:49 pm

YAY SACRIFICE! *Returns To His Grave*

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Thu May 16, 2013 11:10 pm

yay winning! i just wish i could have done more to aid the town doing so.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri May 17, 2013 1:02 am

SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:Well balls. I could've actually swore Spont was a SK. Ah well~
Well wouldn't this have been a riot. Almost as funny as if in the end TMA had been the last mafian all along. I have to admit I considered it, since the driver is not very often a village role.

In the end, great game, Minby. Everyones activity could've been better, but that is hardly your fault. I loved the theme and am looking forward to knowing the logic behind the roles and their alignments.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Fri May 17, 2013 1:13 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:
SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:Well balls. I could've actually swore Spont was a SK. Ah well~
Well wouldn't this have been a riot. Almost as funny as if in the end TMA had been the last mafian all along. I have to admit I considered it, since the driver is not very often a village role.
I would've bet money on it, especially considering the size of the game and the fact we had a JAOT. Would've made more sense to me.

Also, in most cases (least my experience) Driver is a TOWN role. Mafia having it seems a bit to OP imo.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri May 17, 2013 1:15 am

SpoonMan Abrams X wrote: Mafia having it seems a bit to OP imo.

My game sort of had one, lemme tell you how well that worked Razz

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri May 17, 2013 2:21 am

Driver is a role that's only useful for the informed, and the village isn't that very often. It's also mostly meant for causing chaos and making night actions fail.
It's a tough role to put into a game. In mafia hands it has the potential to fuck up the whole village, and in villager hands it doesn't have much use.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri May 17, 2013 2:41 am

Not entirely true; driver can be a ghetto doc block if you think about it. Sure, someone dies, but hey! The mafia's actual target isn't the one that died.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Fri May 17, 2013 3:25 am

I don't see where you are going with this Spont, I've seen the driver be one of the biggest deciding factors for the town. I've never got it, but usually if it is constantly used on a high end target good things happen for the town that just isn't possible otherwise like Relmitos said.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri May 17, 2013 5:08 am

Driver is a primary disruptive role, such roles tend to be traditionally mafia sided. I tend to group it with the roleblocker, roles that tend to frequently appear on both sides but ones that are very much double edged swords for the innocents they can be highly useful to an innocent if used well but have the potential to do a lot more harm than good if they're just fired around randomly.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri May 17, 2013 11:20 am

Statistically speaking, Driver is a traditionally Mafia role, however my opinion is that I think you can have it work out well for either sides. Switching two people is really a simple move when you break it down, and like the roleblocking role, while it can be powerful it shouldnt normally be a game changer. That's why I personally prefer a town Bus driver rather than a mafia Driver.

Anyway I'm glad I was able to end things with a win. gg everyone

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri May 17, 2013 1:01 pm

I like the driver role. Mainly when it's a townie role and driving high priority targets with low priority ones Razz

DRTJR wrote:It's getting to the point of not being funny but I WANT TO BE THE SK,

Get in line.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri May 17, 2013 3:11 pm

im always on the fence if a driver should be able to divert actions from himself onto others. Sometimes it's allowed, other times it's not.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat May 18, 2013 1:56 am

well good job town theough it all pretty much lined up for eeryone.

minby how was ir evived.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat May 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Town : Part 1

Andrew Huang – Lip Bomb (Jack Of All Trades) - Relmitos
I’m blowing up this year, giving you Lip Bomb.
Between Songs To Wear Pants To, DREAMZ~, your solo work, and you many other numerous side projects, you have many skills. Singing, playing nearly every instrument, video editing, and just being an awesome guy, you do everything. Now, you’re using your talents to weed out the corrupt music. Once per night, you can use one of the following powers on a player of your choice, but cannot use the same power twice, or act on the same person twice in a row. Your powers:
Cop Scan
Doc Protect
Vig Kill
Roleblock

The role that gave me the theme for the game, I balanced it by making each power a one-shot, since the town already had one player for each of his powers. The only real impact his role had on the game was his vig-kill, which I'll get to in the night-phase reviews. He was bonded with Raya before the game started, and they could talk as much as they wanted.

Kanye - Love Lockdown (Jailer) Mic Snatch (Silencer) – Smash/TD
I’mma let you finish…
You’re the voice of a generation. The new King of Pop. Your music reaches your millions of fans who adore you, but there are still some haters, who ask if you like fish sticks. Well, your music is so powerful, so touching that you can stop people in their tracks, and put them in Love Lockdown. They will not be able to act or be acted on for the night they are on lockdown, but you may communicate with them through me.
You also have another power, once per game you can “snatch the mic” from one player, silencing them for the dayphase, and you can send me a post to be publically posted in the thread.

Damn, this role had some great potential, and I was hoping it's roll to Snake to see the hints he'd drop for it, but Smash got it, and had to leave, so he was replaced by TD who was instantly killed. "You guys are assholes" -Lakitu Smash basically constantly talked to and protected Raya, and that could have been a powerful alliance, but the aforementioned assholes kinda prevented that. It's a shame the "snatch the Mic" never got used. TD asked me privately if he could use it on Snake when he was about to die, but it's only a night action.

Weird Al – Parody (Copy Cat) - Camilla
They see me mowing, my Front lawn. I know in my heart they think I’m white and nerdy.
You are the master of parodies. Just having a song parodied by you is seen as one of the most distinguished honors in all of music. Now you can use your powers for good. Once per day you can select one player, and you will be able to use their power during the night phase. Be warned, your parodies may change the power for when you use it. You will not know what the power is until you see the effects.

None of her power uses ended up doing anything to anyone but herself, getting herself killed. Damn shame, because this role could have messed with people a lot more.

The Lonely Island - Dick in a box (Roleblocker) – Snake
Take a look inside, it’s my dick in a box!
1: Cut a hole in a box.
2: Put your junk in the box.
3: Pick a player to have open the box, who will be prevented from performing their action.

Goddamnit, Snake. I love you, but you're an asshole. He told me that he was going to be a dick to fit his role when I told his to ease off being such an asshole, and he really took that seriously. Bitching about the game, about players, about getting a second chance. Not a single one of his blocks affected the game at all.

Isosine – Mashup Manifesto (Bus Driver) - Magician's Advisor
Crazy, but that’s how it goes. Millions of people living as foes...
You mash up songs, some that are so radically different they would never be thought of together, and make one amazing song. Just like that, you can mix up two players and have any actions meant to be performed on one, preformed on the other, and vice versa.

Yeah, the bus driver being town always made more sense to me, because a mafia busdriver can get OP. He may not have played the best game, and he may have extended the game by screwing with powers, but in the end, he did help the town win, and survived the whole game. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Queen - Another one bites the dust (Vigilante) - Spont
And another one down and another one down, another one bites the dust.
You are one of the most iconic, legendary, most epic bands of all time. For this game, you’re the Killer Queen, killing off one person per night, if you choose. You also happen to do so while looking fabulous.

My MVP of the game. Spont kicked ass and took names. All of his kill targets were Mafians, and if TMA didn't bus Spoon on night 4, Spont would have only killed Mafians. Seriously, great game, man. You're the reason the town won.

R. Kelly - Trapped in the closet (Traveler) - Requiem
And now I’m in this dark ass closet, tryin’ to figure out, just how I’m gonna get my crazy ass up out this house
So you peed on a girl once. That doesn’t stop you from being one of the most famous and talented R&B singers of all time. You also happen to find yourself in the most incredible hip-hopera of all time, trapped in the closet. Because of this, you can hide in the closet on any non-consecutive nightphases, and be immune to all night actions targeted at you.

Well, after I fixed my vote-count mistake, Req died pretty damn quickly, so he didn't get to do much. I thought you had one of the best deaths in the game, at least, so there's that.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Tue May 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Minby_Aran wrote:
My MVP of the game. Spont kicked ass and took names. All of his kill targets were Mafians, and if TMA didn't bus Spoon on night 4, Spont would have only killed Mafians. Seriously, great game, man. You're the reason the town won.

Thanks. Hate to brag but I've never done this well in a forum game.
Did you pick the bands according to the players? There are some that are a bit too... fitting. Yeah, not all of them, obviously, but I have to wonder. I haven't been too audible about being a Queen fan, but I might've mentioned it once or twice.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue May 21, 2013 3:46 pm

I scanned 3 times, 2 of them mafians. Good record for not playing that much Razz

N1: Scan TheTJ
N2: Scan Avos
N3: forgot
N4: Scanned Spoon, get killed thanks to TMA

See a pattern here?

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:48 pm

Sponsored content