Viero : Outlaw, Cam, Raya
Req : Viero, Snake, DRTJR
TJ : Avos, Smash, Relm
TMA : Spont
Raya : Fedaykin
DRTJR : Ansem
Ansem : Req
Spont : TMA

Day 1 ends in just over 12 and a half hours.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 24 : Musical Mafia. Game end : Mafialess

Post  TheTJ on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Eh... so I'm one of the points of discussion in Day 1?

Well, I've said it before and I'll probably end up saying it again... I'm active when I get into an argument. When it's pure speculation and gut feeling all I end up doing is more or less guessing unless someone screws up royal. The second someone either challenges me or something I post I'll gladly get involved in a back and forth. Playstyle or personality, it's just how it is. Being out of the house 16 hours at a time doesn't help much either. Also worth it to point out that while I hardly posted much at all last game I was at the very least making sure that every nightphase the mafia got a kill out and was keeping things running there.

For right now, since it's a 3 way tie I feel I need to pick between Req and Viero. I can kinda see my way past Viero's suspicious sounding post because it was day one and other people were being plenty silly, and because it was so obvious it can't be real. And really that's the only reason he's up here, that post and the discussion about it.

I agree with Snake though about Req. Voting neutral and trying to stay in the middle of the road is one of the safer ways to play mafia as you won't get singled out for it (Often). And while the same is true for several people he avoided the bandwagon outright and voted on the vaguest of reasons. I probably wouldn't have noticed if Snake hadn't pointed it out to be honest, but I am trying to decide between them and Req has a higher chance of being mafia in my eyes.

Vote: Req

Two more things worth noting. Smash came in, made a super short post, and voted to make a three way tie. My first inclination was mafia because, well, he voted against me. But it actually makes good sense for the town. Three way tie increases the likelihood of a mafia being on the chopping block and whoever breaks the tie is under scrutiny if a townie dies, as are the two other survivors. So, Smash is more likely town in my eyes now if that were his intention.

The second is about bandwagons. I think we vilified them too much. If we get to the point where people don't feel comfortable voting for someone who has the most votes for fear of bandwagoning we end up with really close phases which the mafia can swing either with their own voted, persuasion, or vote based powers. While we should certainly keep an eye on those who vote just to extend a lead or create the illusion of momentum, we should also try to remember they can be used against the mafia too. Bandwagons in themselves are not bad, although voting at the end of one CAN be bad for your health.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:22 pm

Enjoy killing me guys! I'll be honest, I don't even have any hard feelings about being lynched. I was looking forward to playing, but at the same time I'm digging the fact that there's a dead on day one lynch. I'm so enthusiastic even that I'm not going to vote Vie to save myself. Best of luck and all that folks!

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Well you know, that is a pretty good attitude to have! I appreciate it. It was fun playing with you as long as we did, sorry if you ended up town, see you next game. Oh also do you have any suspicions? I think its really a waste if a person knows they will die and they don't say literally like every suspicion they have and evidence and shit.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:46 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:You know, I get being busy. It happens to everyone. I would tell you that if you are busy in real life. you shouldn't sign up for a game in which you have to regularly be active, which includes actually having something to say, but that isn't any of my business. Anyone can sign up if they think they are up for it. I'll bitch about how I don't think a quarter of you even have the right to keep playing, but I am in no power to tell anyone they can't play.
I had signed up when I was on Spring break. This game took forever to start, and I had said that I would have probably put myself on the subs list. I didn't, and I probably should have just removed myself altogether, to be quite honest. But I didn't know that my labs would be fucking me so hard outside of class. Maybe next week won't be so bad. So I came, I dgaf'd, and peaced. It's Day 1. #yolo #swag #420

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:56 pm

As I stated before, just Ansem, and that's just a gut feeling, don't really know why.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:48 am

Spoiler:
TheTJ wrote:Eh... so I'm one of the points of discussion in Day 1?

Well, I've said it before and I'll probably end up saying it again... I'm active when I get into an argument. When it's pure speculation and gut feeling all I end up doing is more or less guessing unless someone screws up royal. The second someone either challenges me or something I post I'll gladly get involved in a back and forth. Playstyle or personality, it's just how it is. Being out of the house 16 hours at a time doesn't help much either. Also worth it to point out that while I hardly posted much at all last game I was at the very least making sure that every nightphase the mafia got a kill out and was keeping things running there.

For right now, since it's a 3 way tie I feel I need to pick between Req and Viero. I can kinda see my way past Viero's suspicious sounding post because it was day one and other people were being plenty silly, and because it was so obvious it can't be real. And really that's the only reason he's up here, that post and the discussion about it.

I agree with Snake though about Req. Voting neutral and trying to stay in the middle of the road is one of the safer ways to play mafia as you won't get singled out for it (Often). And while the same is true for several people he avoided the bandwagon outright and voted on the vaguest of reasons. I probably wouldn't have noticed if Snake hadn't pointed it out to be honest, but I am trying to decide between them and Req has a higher chance of being mafia in my eyes.

Vote: Req

Two more things worth noting. Smash came in, made a super short post, and voted to make a three way tie. My first inclination was mafia because, well, he voted against me. But it actually makes good sense for the town. Three way tie increases the likelihood of a mafia being on the chopping block and whoever breaks the tie is under scrutiny if a townie dies, as are the two other survivors. So, Smash is more likely town in my eyes now if that were his intention.

The second is about bandwagons. I think we vilified them too much. If we get to the point where people don't feel comfortable voting for someone who has the most votes for fear of bandwagoning we end up with really close phases which the mafia can swing either with their own voted, persuasion, or vote based powers. While we should certainly keep an eye on those who vote just to extend a lead or create the illusion of momentum, we should also try to remember they can be used against the mafia too. Bandwagons in themselves are not bad, although voting at the end of one CAN be bad for your health.

These tactics you use never helps your cause, if I recall you always bury yourself further. It's not a pro-town way of doing things only to post when in the spotlight or defend yourself. Shouldn't we all need to help when we can and not only at times of our convenience to just not get looked at the wrong way.

SnakeInABox wrote:EDIT: Everyone should read this but it's mostly directed at Avos who is absolutely terrible jesus christ
SnakeInABox wrote:Part of that logic would be the fact that some people are just god awful. No one specific. I'm not naming ANY names.

No we'd never name names but totally know it's just directed at Avos. Everything I'm saying is always not helpful but at least I try. Everyone has the right to not listen to me as much as not listen to anyone, which most people do.

Requiem wrote:Enjoy killing me guys! I'll be honest, I don't even have any hard feelings about being lynched. I was looking forward to playing, but at the same time I'm digging the fact that there's a dead on day one lynch. I'm so enthusiastic even that I'm not going to vote Vie to save myself. Best of luck and all that folks!

I know we've been telling you to not care if you die or not but this is totally defeatist...There is still tons of time left in the phase. Well over a day and a half for things to change.

Last edited by Avos Me Lardo on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm stupid but everyone knows...)

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:06 am

The day has ended. Post is coming.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:12 am

I am totally off with the time on these phases...sorry

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:17 am

The day was filled with arguments over previous petty fights being brought out as reasons to kill, and the mob argued viciously to proves themselves right. No one would be able to say two words without being cut off by another. The forum was in utter chaos.

Names were thrown around and put back down, but a few stayed loudly in the air. Their guilt was debated furiously, but no evidence was held against them, but in this court, no evidence is needed, all that is needed is a majority.

Fortunately for Viero, Requiem and The TJ , no consensus could be made, and they are allowed to live another day, but because their names are marked, if they are involved in a tied vote again tomorrow, they will be killed ruthlessly by the mob.

While those three felt relieved to survive the day with their lives, most of the mob went back to their homes disappointed and feeling like they lost, knowing the killer was, no doubt, still out on the streets, ready to kill again, and they’ve done nothing to stop them, or slow them down.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end at 12:00 PM EST on Sunday April 14th

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:08 pm

3 day phases suck some serious ass

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:15 pm

Um... Shouldn't I be dead? I had four votes to my name, counting TheTJ's vote. *Confused*

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Oh...it seems that I did miss TJ's vote. I'm sorry, I'll have a lynch post up ASAP, and I apologize to everyone for that mistake.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:12 pm

Ambient Music
The day was filled with arguments over previous petty fights being brought out as reasons to kill, and the mob argued viciously to proves themselves right. No one would be able to say two words without being cut off by another. The forum was in utter chaos.

Names were thrown around and put back down, but a few stayed loudly in the air. Their guilt was debated furiously, but no evidence was held against them, but in this court, no evidence is needed, all that is needed is a majority.

The voices cried out for blood, and they decided on Requiem. He was chased through the streets by the mob, and knew that he had no chance, but he ran anyway, hoping for some miracle, anything that could save him, but there was none. As he turned a corner, he saw he had reached a dead end, and within seconds, the entire mob was slowly walking towards him, backing him into a corner, calling for his head.

“So, Requiem” said a voice from the crowd, “Are you ready to die?”
Requiem, straightened himself out, stood tall, and replied “My mind’s telling me nooooo, but my boooodyyyy, my bodyyyyyyy’s telling me yeeee-“*BOOM* and with that, Requiem’s head was blown clean off.

Requiem has been killed; he was R. Kelly, the town traveler.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end at 12:00 PM EST on Sunday April 14th

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:42 pm

By the by my vote was not in the tally, not that it makes much difference

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:53 pm

suddenly this game is so worth being music themed

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:37 am

Hey guys, some things have come up that I'm going to have to deal with tomorrow, so I almost definately will not be able to get a post up any time even near the currently scheduled phase switch, so I'm extending the phase 24 hours until 12:00 PM EST Monday, April 15. I hope I don't have to extend anymore phases, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:29 pm

Ambient music

Frustrations were still high from the lack of a lynch the day before, and no one felt safe, even locked in their own homes. However, even though the rules were clear that no one was meant to be outside of their own home during the night; many people chose actively to not follow this rule, both to try and help the town, and to try to tear it down.

TJ walked the streets with purpose, he knew what he was doing was right, even if he had to break the rules he himself helped make. He was never a troublemaker, but his desire to protect the people he knew and cared about way too great to just sit back and do nothing, so he went out to do his duty, and make sure that no preventable misfortune would fall on anyone innocent. However, though his heart was in the right place, it would not be for long.

TJ was found the next morning, heart torn out and stuffed inside of his mouth like a roast pig. He was buried in the town’s cemetery, and the town, burdened with the loss of their most faithful member, knew that they must carry on and find whoever was responsible.

TheTJ was killed, he was Skillet, the town doctor.

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end at 12:00 PM EST on Thursday, April 18th.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Damnit, they killed Skillet. I actually kind of like Skillet. Bastards.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:06 pm

well shit that night could have gone better.

I think this clears Viero since the mob wouldn't be stupid enough to target the other player with a high vote count that left the last of those three being their guy.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:53 pm

I have to agree with DRTJR that this sounds like an SK kill cause it was way too brutal to be a Vig...or have we had vig's that go brutal. Hell I was a vig that killed people with a rocket launching mech, so maybe.

Anyways he must have been able to stop the mafia the one day that he was around at least. We are going to have to be more careful now that that leaves an opening in the towns forces...

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:08 pm

There is more than one role that stop you from doing for that kind of blocking.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:31 pm

Minby_Aran wrote:Frustrations were still high from the lack of a lynch the day before

Wut? There was a lynch D1; Req hung. Razz

Anyway, I'm quite surprised that whoever killed TJ actually did it in the first place; TJ was one of the potential lynchee's last phase.

DRTJR wrote:I think this clears Viero since the mob wouldn't be stupid enough to target the other player with a high vote count that left the last of those three being their guy.

How does this clear Viero exactly? I don't see why it would. This could very easily be a "So bad it's good" play due to the very reason you listed. Hell, like I said, I don't even know why they killed off TJ in the first place, being as he was one of the guys up for a lynch. That would've potentially bought them another day of not being to heavily under suspicion.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:12 pm

bad play is bad? It's hard to tell because, as far as I could tell, Vie's votes didn't have much to do with any real suspicion for mafia status, and likely wouldn't carry much mind amongst the mafia, but killing one of the "suspected" ones gives the people who would overthink this thing another paranoid loop-de-loop. so actually, good play is good.
At any rate, unless any of you guys also thought at first that DRTJR hopping to Vie's defence first post he could didn't come off as slightly scummy, or happen to have used a scanner ability, we're at square one.

EDIT: *came off as slightly scummy, not the contrary Razz

Last edited by The_Magician's_Advisor on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error in gramm)

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:30 pm

Relmitos wrote:
Minby_Aran wrote:Frustrations were still high from the lack of a lynch the day before

Wut? There was a lynch D1; Req hung. Razz

Heh, that was left over from when I wrote the first day end post. I wrote the first paragraph so it wouldn't take as long to get the dayphase shifted, but it obviously was still later than I had hoped. Just pretend it means that no Mafians were lynched.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:21 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top