TWBB Diplomacy G1 *RUSSIA WINS* (pg 13)

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Diplomacy G1 *RUSSIA WINS* (pg 13)

Post  .. on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:40 am

So are you really going to make us fight each other? We kinda want to honor our alliance... 

Considering I am saying this, that means a lot.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:49 pm

Yes you're fighting you piece of shit

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:49 pm

I'm ok with sharing third place with Raya and Outlaw.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:35 pm

In my honest and rather strong opinion, ending the game with a tie between two players is acceptable, albiet pushing it a bit.  Ending it with three out of a total seven tied is setting a bad precedent.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:07 pm

Quaetam wrote:In my honest and rather strong opinion, ending the game with a tie between two players is acceptable, albiet pushing it a bit.  Ending it with three out of a total seven tied is setting a bad precedent.
Should we not give peace a chance, if they all agree to live in harmony with each other then it is truly a victory.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:31 pm

I was under the impression that it was impossible to end the game with more than two factions alive, that was why I just left the game rather than betray my alliance, leave the turning on each other to the others I don't want to deal with that. The rules on that sort of thing definitely need to be made clearer from the start, if you can have such large scale alliances settle things peacefully that totally changes how you'd play the game.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:18 pm

100% agree with Weldar.  I honestly thought you could only have one person win this; it's a game between individual nations with the eventual outcome of someone winding up on top. It's not meant to be the three most high-potential countries all deciding to be friends and wipe the other four off the map Razz

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:52 pm

Just fucking kill each other so we can go onto the next game.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:38 pm

I'm not submitting moves until the GM says there can be no tie.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:41 pm

Someone submit a move so the others can't hold this up and can just be skipped. This is just getting stupid.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:54 pm

Like it makes a difference for you Mr. "I'm green italian and mafia so I win".

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:01 am

I don't see what is so unclear about it. It says in the OP "First to 18 supply centers wins". There is a total of 34 supply centers so it is impossible for more then 1 person to win w/o having to attack another.

In regards to a "tie", no more then one person will be declared a winner. I simply haven't decided how I am going to resolve it yet. Only thing I have brought up is a joke about making Raya, Fed, & Outlaw tied for third and declaring myself the victor~

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:14 am

I thought this game was going to be 104782 times more fun than it actually ended up being. Spoon it had nothing to do with you dont worry you.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:57 am

I disagree with Ryan. I very much enjoyed this game and looking forward for more.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:58 am

Ugh, Fine. If I must make a move then so be it. Here, watch me.

Move: Ankara Army to Smyrna
Move: Constantinople Army to Bulgaria
Move: Stevastopol Army to Rumania

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Oh gawd people, calm down. I thought this game was called Diplomacy, not Outright War. It's not a three-way victory; going by territories Outlaw has won, Fed is in second and I'm third. Yes it sucks that I didn't win, but to be honest I did well to get this far, so I'm happy with third place.

Besides, if the game continues it's not exactly going to be thrilling. Neither Outlaw nor I want to attack Fed since he's been a bro, so any fight would be between us. But with Fed sitting in the middle like a giant wiener-schnitzel-eating Switzerland, Outlaw and I would be battling over chokepoints, which both of us could blockade and nothing would happen. I'd rather call it there with Outlaw as the winner and start a new game.

Weldar wrote:I was under the impression that it was impossible to end the game with more than two factions alive, that was why I just left the game rather than betray my alliance, leave the turning on each other to the others I don't want to deal with that.

That's very noble Weldar, except I never in an alliance with you and shared a border. You could have easily invaded me. In fact, doing so would have been in your best interests. I would have had to withdraw my troops from GB to defend my home territories, and since I was the only thing stopping you from stomping over Snake you could have easily taken GB and strengthened your own position.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:12 pm

To be fair, I did ask him not to attack you while Viero was threatening you.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:13 pm

Raya wrote:I'd rather call it there with Outlaw as the winner and start a new game.

No see I think that's total bullshit, from what I can tell none of you has taken the amount of points needed to declare victory. The game ends when someone wins, and you don't get to just magically change the win requirements because you took out everyone not in your alliance and "boo hoo I cant hurt a bro" like wow I dont even get to watch a proper game end? 

Hey thought now that I think about it maybe we SHOULD end the game early, then maybe you three might actually do something in Relms game HMMMM

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:45 pm

Honestly this game was too easy. The only person that actually did anything other than us three was Viero. We stomped him promptly too.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:32 am

I just don't understand how you could be openly against Fobbs and his shenanigans, yet you still walk around like a huge twat with your swollen balls the size of your ego.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:33 am

'Snake That doesn't even make any sense' you're thinking

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:34 am

what you should be thinking is 'wow I'm a prick'

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:10 am

Outlaw wrote:Honestly this game was too easy. The only person that actually did anything other than us three was Viero. We stomped him promptly too.

This is why I said allowing the game to stop now sets a bad precedent; nobody was able to do basically anything against you guys.  The entire balance of this kind of game is the knowledge that there can only be one winner in the end; you can have the east-dominating secret alliance between Austria and Russia, but ultimately at some point they'll have to fight, or at least race to see who wins first.  Otherwise it devolves into collusion between friends, without much sense of competition.

Yes, alliances can be balanced: Had Weldar, Raya, and Snake all aligned they might have been able to fight back, especially if DRTJR or Viero was involved, but honestly by the time the alliance became apparent, there was very little that could be done. 

Also, one other issue: You don't have the territories required to win, so if we allow the game to end here, future games could potentially also stall when three people have majority between them, and agree which one of them is the victor.  It kind of throws the game's balance and need for extensive negotiations for a loop. 

Snake wrote:what you should be thinking is 'wow I'm a prick'

It's just a game, relax.  I for one don't agree with Outlaw's opinion, and strongly believe this shouldn't be the precedent for Diplomacy, but I respect it and understand where he's coming from.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:13 am

Next Diplomacy should be hard boiled private detective themed.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:14 am

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Diplomacy/Rules

Quite often the game ends in a two-way, three-way, or even four-way draw. Draws are generally agreed upon by all players or are declared after a pre-set time limit has been reached with all surviving participants sharing in the draw.

http://www.playdiplomacyonline.com/rules

Shared Victory
Alas, sometimes pesky other players will prohibit you from achieving victory all by yourself and in these instances you may wish to share victory. Monty Python's Black Knight said it best: "Alright then, let's call it a draw."
Shared victory is agreed upon by all the powers still present on the board. In PlayDiplomacyOnline, this is achieved by using the Victory Condition dropdown box in the upper right corner of your game screen. All powers wishing to share the victory must have their victory condition set to match the number of players splitting victory, and any remaining powers must have their victory condition set to "Surrender." A win will be awarded at the next turn adjucation. Remember: Powers may lie about their victory condition and the game will continue!
Ex: Turkey, Russia, France, and Italy are the only active powers remaining in a game. Turkey, Russia, and France have agreed to split victory, and Italy has agreed to surrender. If Turkey, Russia, and France all set their victory condition to "3-Way Victory", they will win as soon as either Italy is eliminated or as soon as Italy sets their victory condition to "Surrender."

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:21 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top