Whose Line is it Anyway?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite returning guest player (4th Seat)?

14% 14% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
57% 57% 
[ 4 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
29% 29% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Whose Line is it Anyway?

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Thu May 16, 2013 7:31 pm

A thread to discuss arguably* the greatest show to ever be on Television (and it's inevitable return~)!

Two of the greatest skits from the series (and two of my personal most favorites~)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Also;

A special sort of sneak peek for the show's epic return on July 16th!

ALL MY HYPE. ALL OF IT. (Thanks to Camilla and Outlaw for bringing the sneak peek to my attention~)

*arguably is only a formality, as we all know it IS the greatest show ever, no contest~

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Re: Whose Line is it Anyway?

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu May 16, 2013 7:35 pm

Also Robin Williams was a 4th guest once.

I watched some of the British version (which ran LONGER than the US one, somehow). I know that it's the original but I honestly prefer the US one. *shrug* (I'm a terrible Australian).

God, Richard Simmons still sends me in to hysterics. I was crying with laughter watching that again.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu May 16, 2013 7:43 pm

I still love when Ryan busts the light on Drew's desk. So fucking good.

Greg is my favorite to be returning as a 4th performer. The man is a genius. (No really, he is pretty damn smart)

Even though Jeff Davis wasn't fantastic when he was on Whose Line, he did pretty well on Improv-A-Ganza so I am glad to see him return.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Thu May 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Doctor Shemp wrote:Also Robin Williams was a 4th guest once.

I watched some of the British version (which ran LONGER than the US one, somehow). I know that it's the original but I honestly prefer the US one. *shrug* (I'm a terrible Australian).

God, Richard Simmons still sends me in to hysterics. I was crying with laughter watching that again.
True, but I limited to RECURRING 4th guests, people who appeared in more then 1 episode (also, forum polls are limited to 10 slots Rolling Eyes )

I know a lot of people that prefer the American version over the British (even a few British & other Europeans), though it's no surprise it lasted longer. The American version was plagued with all sorts of issues through it's run.

Also the other video is my personal favorite bit (Ryan breaking the glass and then carrying on with the skit... PRICELESS), but Richard Simmons is a VERY close second, lol

Outlaw wrote:Greg is my favorite to be returning as a 4th performer. The man is a genius. (No really, he is pretty damn smart)

Even though Jeff Davis wasn't fantastic when he was on Whose Line, he did pretty well on Improv-A-Ganza so I am glad to see him return.
Agreed. While guys like Brad and Chip were pretty much equal in talent imo, Greg had some of the most memorable moments in the show I can recall.

I liked Jeff back in whose line, but he was also quite new (he's one of the youngest of the group). He definitely got better though, and Improv-a-Ganza showed it.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu May 16, 2013 7:55 pm

Anyone who votes for Denny Seigel is wrong. Just plain straight wrong.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Thu May 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Minby_Aran wrote:Anyone who votes for Denny Seigel is wrong. Just plain straight wrong.
Idk, she wasn't that bad I don't think, least compared to some of the one-shots.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Thu May 16, 2013 9:38 pm

I am a fan of both the British and American ones.

I will say that I feel the same about Chip as Minby is with Denny, sure he can be cool but he was on so so much that it got annoying to see him.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:38 am

Just watched the first episode of the new season.

It was good, it just wasn't...great, I guess. I laughed but the whole time I just had that feeling of "this isn't nearly as good as it used to be". I mean maybe given time it will get better, and it's not to say it's not funny, because it is, but I dunno. I guess Aisha Tyler doesn't suit the role as much as Drew Carey - she might grow in to it given time, I guess we'll just wait and see. They seem to be relying on crossovers with other tv shows - the preview I saw was all about 90210, and there was a couple of things about The Walking Dead in this one.

Anyway, if you haven't seen it, here it is, judge for yourselves:

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:09 pm

Copyright blocked :/

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Aw bugger. Have the tables been turned and for once something's blocked in the US but not Australia? :U

Or did it just get taken down. Idk, someone just posted it on tumblr so I got it off them.

Edit: I see, they blocked it. After I watched it, but still.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:34 pm

http://whoselineonline.org/nav/season-9/

Thank you, Whose Line Online; Embedding from a Asian video sharing site. Try and copyright block that shit, Warner Bros!

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:58 pm

How dare they protect their intelectual property!

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:05 am

Fedaykin wrote:How dare they protect their intellectual property!
Exactly! Those deviant bastards! Laughing 

In seriousness, if they're not going to put it online themselves for people to watch who have to work (like me) while it airs, and don't particularly feel like going the even more illegal route of torrenting it, gotta meet somewhere in the middle. GSN put episodes of Improv-a-ganza up on Youtube, doesn't seem like it would be that hard for Warner Bros to do it, or at least put it on Hulu or soemthing.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:19 am

Fedaykin wrote:How dare they protect their intelectual property!

That's a hard argument to make on something that is literally just thought up on the spot.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:51 pm

SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:In seriousness, if they're not going to put it online themselves for people to watch who have to work (like me) while it airs, and don't particularly feel like going the even more illegal route of torrenting it, gotta meet somewhere in the middle.

I hear there's these amazing devices that work on your TV that save a copy of a show when it airs so you can watch it later. Almost as if...it records it! I seem to recall using one back in the 80s, I'm sure there's still some version around today.

Haha, I've already established multiple times in the video games forum my opinion of pirating things that the company refuses to make available Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Raya wrote:
SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:In seriousness, if they're not going to put it online themselves for people to watch who have to work (like me) while it airs, and don't particularly feel like going the even more illegal route of torrenting it, gotta meet somewhere in the middle.

I hear there's these amazing devices that work on your TV that save a copy of a show when it airs so you can watch it later. Almost as if...it records it! I seem to recall using one back in the 80s, I'm sure there's still some version around today.

Haha, I've already established multiple times in the video games forum my opinion of pirating things that the company refuses to make available Razz
Shocked What kind of sorcery do you speak of?! RECORD your television programs?! This is obviously some kind of magic! WITCH! YOU OBVIOUSLY MUST BE A WITCH! BURN THE WITCH!

In seriousness, if they would put it up somewhere, even if I had to pay a small fee for it (like another subscription to hulu plus or the like) I'd be all over it. Unfortunately a $100+ DVR or VCR just isn't in the budget atm (yes, even VRCs are that much round these parts. They're experiencing some sort of second Renaissance or the like for some reason >_>). Besides that, as I said I'm not going to go pirate it myself (I do have some morals, tyvm! xD), but I'll admit, if someone else puts it up for free on someplace like youtube (or in this case a chinese video sharing website~) I am not above making use of it. Now if you'll excuse me... *puts on eye patch* ... 我要继续享受看我的线下线上! G'yarg!

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:22 pm

The show itself seems fine. Just a few things that need changing and getting used to.

Aisha Tyler does okay.. she strings her announcements on and her high pitched voice blends in with the crowd cheering so it is hard to hear her. They need to make sure the crowd isn't cheering when she is announcing.

The vocals and instruments need balancing. It was hard for me to hear Wayne.

The guests are okay, they just don't need to rely on the guests so much. They used the guest stars nearly more than the 4th performer. The 4th performer is there for a reason, don't waste the.

I am not familiar with Aisha Tyler's talent but I get the feeling she won't be stepping out from behind the desk to do a hoe down so hoe downs will rely on having 4 performers there that can actually do it. Some of the performers they have on the show are not comfortable with Hoedowns. Chip, Greg, and Jeff, and Brad are the ones that do Hoedowns. The rest are up in the air.

The game where they had the room on the floor seemed stupid but it actually got a laugh out of me. I'll see if that gets any better.

Was it me or was there more commercials than games for those two episodes?

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:34 pm

I am waiting for an episode with a hoedown. Keegan was decent on the 3rd episode.

Third episode was actually not that bad, I really liked it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/l3Za8

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:58 pm

Spoiler:
Aisha "I'm going to nominate you all for a Canadian Emmy... which are just as valuble as the points on this show."
Audience boos
Aisha "What are you all, Canadian?!"
Colin "YES WE ARE!"
Laughing Laughing Laughing

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Ok, just saw the three new ones all at once. The games run on for a lot longer than they used to, which means they do less. Aisha needs to get into her grove more, and hopefully she'll improve, they've made everyone win every time now. It just feels weird. The guest starts are a dumb idea, but Wayne getting kicked was pretty funny. Key was the best guest, but that makes sense because he's an improv guy. All in all, not bad, I hope they improve, but Wayne Colin and Ryan will always make the show worth watching.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:50 pm

Oh gosh, Episode 4, Wayne Brady has to act like a character from GTA in Weird Newscasters. The guy knows his shit.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:37 pm

"Let me use my own analogy, you just sit down and be quiet, this is my thing, you just shoot balls that's cool." Wayne fucking wins.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top