E3 2014 Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Lineup, any challengers?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: E3 2014 Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Lineup, any challengers?

Post  Avalanche on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:21 am

SnakeInABox wrote:Snake better be in this fucking Smash Bros or I'm going to shit BRICKS

But also I would be ok with Naked Snake instead of Solid because lets be honest I shelled out 40 bucks for mgs3 3ds

Well, Kojima Games doesn't seem to be as Sony Exclusive anymore, also releasing MGSV on the Xbone..... If he and Sakurai are still bro's they might still include him.....I hope.

I do not expect ROB, Toon Link, Wolf, Lucario, Ike and Lucas to make a return. Or maybe Toon Link does return but as 3DS exclusive.

I do expect Chrom, Professor Layton, Little Mac and Pacman/Yoshimitsu/Jin/Bayonetta, considering the game is co-produced by Namco. Iwata stated he wanted to include Pacman, but I can see the others work as well.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Oh fuck you right in the eyesocket Microsoft:

"Killer Instinct is a day-one digital-only release on Xbox One, and features -- get this -- one character. Jago is free to play on launch day. Everyone else -- unspecified returning characters as well as original fighters -- will cost money. Price is to-be-determined (of course)."

This is a scheme not even Capcom would pull.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:38 am

King Avalanche wrote:I do not expect ROB, Toon Link, Wolf, Lucario, Ike and Lucas to make a return. Or maybe Toon Link does return but as 3DS exclusive.
I don't want anyone getting cut, but it's a likely possibility. I also think it's possible that even if some of those mentioned characters do get cut, they could come back in the form of future DLC.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:45 am

Smashy B wrote:
King Avalanche wrote:I do not expect ROB, Toon Link, Wolf, Lucario, Ike and Lucas to make a return. Or maybe Toon Link does return but as 3DS exclusive.
I don't want anyone getting cut, but it's a likely possibility. I also think it's possible that even if some of those mentioned characters do get cut, they could come back in the form of future DLC.
Sakurai said sometime last year he doesn't plan on increasing the number of characters, that the number they had for Brawl will be around the number they have for the new game.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:13 am

SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:
Smashy B wrote:
Sakurai said sometime last year he doesn't plan on increasing the number of characters, that the number they had for Brawl will be around the number they have for the new game.
I thought he said that he just didn't simply want to add characters, stages, improving graphics and call it a day. I don't remember hearing/reading anything specifically about not increasing the total character count.

Side note: Retro making another DK Country disapponts me.

Edit: Goddammit I hope they keep Pokemon Trainer.

Last edited by Smashy B on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:17 am

I'd really like a new Metroid for the 3DS

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:17 am

This guy.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:48 am

"Side note: Retro making another DK Country disapponts me." 

DKC is a fucking awesome game

Also as I said multiple times in the Skype chat. They are going to be replacing a lot of the characters with people who have not been in the Smash bros games before. 

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:34 am

Buuut, you don't have a source on that, so I don't know.

I imagine there'll be a few changes but a lot of people will be staying. The thing is, it's over two consoles, so there'll be some differences in the roster between the two (while keeping a lot of the central ones). Lucas will probably be gone, as will Ike (probably replaced by Chrom), and Lucario, but I really don't think they'll cut that many.

I know I'll be buying both versions day one, damn you Nintendo.

Some of the stages seem specific to versions - in the trailer, Ferox Arena from Awakening was only shown on 3DS. Maybe the Spirit Tracks train, too. Which is also interesting.

Also Wii Fit Trainer looks ridiculously fun and silly to play and now I actually want to play Wii Fit again, so good job, Nintendo.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 am

Stages are confirmed to be different- 3DS will have stages from handheld games, WiiU Will have stages from console games.

Source

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:00 am

No, the versions will have the same characters.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:04 am

I hope they don't do differences in roster, I could see that being the case though. If it is, yeah I'm probably gonna be buying both versions, I am a sucker for some Smash Bros.

And yeah Wii Fit Trainer looks fun, and like a pretty good fighter too. Seems fast at least which tends to be a good thing, god can you imagine if wii Fit Trainer end's up being this game's Meta Knight or Fox, not saying it even looks likely or anything but gos that would be hilarious.

I gotta give Nintendo props, the 3 characters they've shown so far seem fairly creative and like they'd be pretty good fun to play, I'm definitely excited to see more.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:11 am

Said so right in the video TD posted. No different characters for versions.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:19 am

Lat night you guys were just saying all they'd said at the direct was there would be the same numbers between versions so it was still up in the air, nice to hear that's cleared up. I'm still gonna be wishing I could have all the stages in one game but I can live with that.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:37 am

Vivivi-vi Vi-vivi wrote:No, the versions will have the same characters.

td260 wrote:Stages are confirmed to be different- 3DS will have stages from handheld games, WiiU Will have stages from console games.

Source

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:39 am

Doctor Shemp wrote:so there'll be some differences in the roster between the two (while keeping a lot of the central ones). Lucas will probably be gone, as will Ike (probably replaced by Chrom), and Lucario, but I really don't think they'll cut that many.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:42 am

We have a SSB4 thread. Lets take everything there now.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:55 am

All that's actually confirmed by that video is the same number of characters in both versions:
"The total number of characters is the same as the WiiU version." <<< Is literally what is said. It neither confirmed or denied, yet, though he could have said it in japanese and it was lost in translation.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:11 pm

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to stay connected; it's called Xbox 360" - Don Mattrick, Microsoft's President of Interactive Entertainment Business

This is a clip aired by Spike by mistake that was not meant to be shown. They are digging themselves a even bigger grave. Just spread it around because fuck Microsoft.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:29 pm

I just love how stupid they are. They are easily climbing the ranks of scumbag to an EA level.

Sad that so many fans will still be loyal to them.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:40 pm

It will not do nearly as well as they hope. Even die hard xbox gamers are switching to Playstation after all this.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:41 am

This is what I'm looking forward to!

Just funny when they quote Tim Schafer "Please stop emailing me for a quote."!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:00 pm

The worst bit about that 'get a 360' video is the bit at the bottom: 'Last Guardian on hiatus'. I'm never going to get to play that game ;_;

Following E3 my interest in the next gen has gone from non-existant to mild. I'm pretty much a casual gamer these days as I simply don't have the time to sit and play vidya for hours on end, and not a single one of the new gens appeals to me. The bells and whistles on the Xbox is useless, the WiiU has one game I'm interested in and the PS4 has none. But Smash Bros has piqued my interest and Sony have done a pretty good launch (that sharing video, lordy). I'm not impressed that everything is retailing about $100 more in Europe again though.

I think Sony have had the strongest showing so far. Microsoft are just flailing around making idiots of themselves and Nintendo really haven't been making the mark they should be trying to. The WiiU has not done well, so they should be trying to push it hard and hype it up, but instead it's mainly been 'oh, here's another rehash we're releasing on it'. Yes they've got the best showing of games, but they're just relying on three decade old franchises instead of pushing the system.

Totally happy with the XY stuff though. That's one rehash I'll never complain about.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:59 am

Well......look who's backpaddeling like they just found out the path they were treading was the home of giant murderous spiders.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:38 pm

I wouldn't be too happy. Emphasis mine:

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future. 

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One. 

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

• An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

• Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

Basically, Microsoft still believe that their original idea was best and are still going to do it in the future. Yeah, this stuff won't happen today, but it will exist tomorrow.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:53 pm

The Battle is won and one day we will need to field our armies upon the battlefield, but this day victory is ours.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:30 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top