The Q&A thread

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Q&A thread

Post  SurgePox on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:34 pm

My Steam avatar is Zapdos, so I'm inclined to stick with that one. One guy who I used to play tf2 with names his nuzlocke run zapdos after me :3

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:27 am

Perry is a Sawk, no questions. Razz

Weldar's not an Elgyem, he's a Sigilyph. Get it right, Roy, geeeeez.

aside from that I don't really know, because of the mystery dungeon thing I forever see Roy as a Luxray and Ansem as a Haunter, Sah as a Slowking...Smash is more of a Squirtle than a Linoone though, and I don't think I'm a Gabite.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:09 pm

I see myself as a Vaporeon. It is only logical.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:26 am

In the spirit of Halloween...

Have you ever had a ghostly or paranormal experience?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:09 am

Raya wrote:In the spirit of Halloween...

Have you ever had a ghostly or paranormal experience?
Maybe? It's still an experience that greatly confuses me.

When walking home from school I walked over a parking lot and glanced into a parked car window to look at my own reflection (shut up, everyone does it.). Regardless, looking into that car window I didnt see my own reflection but I saw an asian-looking girl, about 10 years old sitting in the backseat, wearing a red dress and with an incredibly frightened expression. We made eye contact for a good few seconds, and seeing as I was not an asian looking girl, age 10, I had to conclude it wasn't my reflection.

I looked trough the parking lot and didn't see anyone else so I decided to go home and kept watching the parking lot from my living room for at least an hour, hoping someone would pick her up. After no one came I decided to take matters into my own hand and go there to see if I could comfort the girl while I'd call for help.

Much to my surprise however, the girl was gone.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:45 pm

I think I might be somewhat psychic. Two reasons:

A couple of years ago, I suddenly awoke in the middle of the night feeling very worried for a friend of mine. I had no idea why, I just felt extremely worried about him. About two months later, when talking to him (not about the waking up in the middle of the night, just stuff in general) I found out that two months earlier, around the time the waking up feeling worried happened, he had tried to kill himself.

Something similar, but much more up-beat happened a year later. The spring before I started the social psychology program, I took an individual course in Positive psychology and well-being. There was a certain girl who also took that course. After it ended, I doubted I'd ever see her again, though for some reason a thought kept popping up in my head after I had been accepted to the social psychology program: "What if she will also study social psychology? Then I'll see her again." I usually dismissed the thought, because what are the odds that this random girl I took a course with will study the same program as me? Fast-forward to that autumn, the semester is beginning, I'm at the first lecture of the first course of the program. Guess who's sitting in the row in front of me.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:22 pm

When I think about it I've had quite a few paranormal experiences. Multiple ghostly encounters (including poltergeists), some premonitions and assorted oddness. I'll share my favourite ghost one; it's not very dramatic but certainly gave me the creeps.

A few years ago I went on holiday to Whitby, the seaside town of Dracula fame. I stopped in an old hotel on the top of the cliff. My room was right at the end of a corridor, against the external wall of the hotel. To reach it you had to go up the stairs, down a long straight corridor, through a set of firedoors then down another long straight corridor.

One morning we were in the lobby getting ready to leave when I remembered I'd left something in my room, so went back to get it. I got the item, locked the door and started walking back to the lobby. As I did I felt a presence behind me. You know that feeling you get when someone is standing right behind you? It was exactly that. I knew that was ridiculous as there was no physical way for someone to have been in the corridor as my room was literally the final one. I put it down to my imagination and carried on walking. As I did the presence got heavier and heavier, as though something physical was literally breathing down my neck. I told myself that was stupid...but couldn't bring myself to look round. I picked up the pace and now the presence felt like someone was looming over me. I passed through the firedoors and suddenly the presence vanished, in an instant it was gone. At this point I turned round and saw the corridor was empty.

A few days later I went on a ghost walk around the town, hearing stories and legends about each location we visited. The final stop was outside our hotel. According to the guide in the 19th century workmen uncovered a skeleton that had been stashed in the wall of a blocked off room. It was traced back to a chambermaid who used to work in the building before she vanished. It was assumed she'd run off with a suitor, but now it turned out she was murdered. Since the bones were disturbed the hotel became plagued with ghostly goings on. Things moving about, figures seen, disembodied knocks. But the most common thing reported by the staff...was the sensation of being followed.

Dun dun DUUUUNN.

Made for an interesting final few nights Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:11 pm

I once had a dream of an entire day, then I lived that day. it was weird.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:29 pm

I call bullshit on that, DRTJR. 

On a related note one time I dreamed someone I lost touch with came to me and told me they were dead. Later that day once I had woken up I found that that person passed away early that morning while I was sleeping. Who wants to call bullshit on me.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:26 pm

There's a 'Ghost Road' just outside my city, rather popular area. First 2 nights saw nothing, on the 2nd night a police car passed us and pulled over. Asked if everything was ok, we mentioned we were trying to see this ghost. He chuckled and said that while he's never seen it, apparently if you are about 50yards back you see it. On about the 5th trip out I was with my friend who'd saw it her previous time. It occurs every 45minutes and is a headlight of a motorcycle that comes towards you from a field then turns at the dirt road and vanishes. Very goosebump worthy sight.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Now now Snake, dreaming the future is no more bullshit than a dead guy crossing the veil to give messages in your dreams. As an aside I had a similar experience once, and even though it could be rationally explained I still take comfort that it might have been a message for me *shrugs*

See, I love stories like these. Random strange experiences from everyday people. Far more interesting and believable than most spooky stories.

@J: The fact that you can only see it from a certain spot and at certain times makes me think the phantom light has a mundane explanation. Still, that sounds totally worth an investigation. You should grab some friends and go find the truth!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Well, the year is almost up! So new question time!

Is there anything that you have learned about yourself you did not know about in this past year?

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Two things, both surprised me a lot.

First is I'm fairly witty when put in front of a mic. I've been doing a podcast for a little while and I'm generally the one making the other guys laugh.

The Second thing is that I'm apparently pretty good at delivering a sales pitch. There's a game called Snake Oil Salesman where you have to combine two cards in your hand to make an item that would appeal to the customer drawn that round. Even on the rounds where I had utter nonsense (I tried to sell a Diamond Leg to a Ninja) I managed to make it sound semi-plausable.

Not exactly earth-shattering revelations I know, but what else would I talk about? I already knew I was nuts about Doctor Who. Razz

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:25 pm

I learned a lot about political theory that I'm pretty proud to have stuck to and dedicated myself to learning, in classes and in my own leisure time.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:55 pm

Mostly negative things if I'm honest. I think it's what's called a quarter life crisis.

On the plus side I learnt that I'm half-decent at baking and I should really do it more often. Also that I'm better at tailoring than I give myself credit for. I think I've just learnt I have secret housewife skills Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:17 pm

Not sure if this counts for something that I've learned about myself, but I think that if I didn't choose to major in electrical engineering like I did (which I don't regret), I would have been happy majoring in animal science or biology if I was aiming to become a veterinarian. My family tells me I'm good with animals and I'm like a dog whisperer with their dogs (which is probably an exaggeration). I admit that being a vet was on my mind earlier in life, but I went to where the money is. Again, still happy where I am but there's always that "what if" that I'll live with.

So there's that and I've also learned this past year that some of my brothers have expressed confidence in me in running for president for our fraternity. I was really considering running but I was not accepted into the 4+1 program in the Fall so I'm not gonna run winter quarter. I'm still pursuing grad school at cal poly but I don't want to win if I run and still not get accepted because that means I'd have to leave after a quarter. But the support and confidence is good enough for me.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:38 am

It's the first day of the new year.

What are your resolutions for this year? Did you meet last years resolution?

My resolution in the past year was to stop procrastinating. I would not say that I achieved this entirely, but I didn't expect to. My point was to challenge myself with something big to better myself, and work toward it in some capacity. I definitely did procrastinate a lot less, I had no late assignments, and did more studying this year than I have before.

My resolution this year, is to get a job in political science. Over the last year I've really fallen in love with the study, and I've found myself using my freetime to study and research political thought. Now I want to get working. Very Happy

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:54 pm

I didn't make any resolutions, but I guess mine should be apply to grad school or get into the 4+1 program and/or actually get an internship or co-op. And if I don't get into grad school then graduate and get a job, but college is too much fun and I don't wanna be a big boy yet. Sad

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:59 pm

I never make resolutions, the way I figure it a resolution can be made at any time of the year, making one at the beginning of the year is no more worthy than one made four months into the year, or nine. Less so in my opinion, because most people that make one in the beginning of the year do so because they feel it's what's expected. Most of them have no intention of ever following through with the resolution, and so it's kind of pointless. Not everyone of course, but most people.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:42 pm

Five years I've had the same resolution and have kept it.. TO LIVE TO MAKE ANOTHER NEW YEARS REASALUTION

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:58 pm

Get a house. After years of saving I've finally scraped enough together for a (small) deposit, so I can begin the horrible process of finally owning the roof over my head instead of putting my landlord's kids through university. I want next Christmas to be spent in a place I can actually call my own.

I'd say get a permanent museum job too, but that's just getting increasingly depressing...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Continuing my diet/working out and writing at least 10 chapters for that-story-I-always-said-I-would-write

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:07 pm

say Hi and make a post in the DBTD thread

Hi

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:45 pm

What's the movie you love that everybody else hates?

What's the movie you hate that everybody else loves?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:07 pm

Well, the movie I love that everyone seems to hate is "1941". It was critically panned and sort of all over the place, but I enjoy myself every time I watch it. Either that or Dark Knight Rises.

The movie I hate every else loves?... That's a bit tougher. I like most movies of quality and more besides. I guess the closest I can get off the top of my head is "Now You See Me" for one very big reason; THEY HAVE HOLOGRAM TECHNOLOGY! Forget about scamming people or ruining enemies, patent and develop the GROUND-BREAKING TECHNOLOGY you're using for magic tricks and use the ensuing mountains of cash to ruin them on the up and up.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top