The Q&A thread

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Q&A thread

Post  Raya on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:04 pm

TheTJ wrote:Well, the movie I love that everyone seems to hate is "1941". It was critically panned and sort of all over the place, but I enjoy myself every time I watch it. Either that or Dark Knight Rises.

For a moment there I had a complete blonde moment and thought you were talking about the film Room 1408. I was about to make a comment about Samuel L Jackson living in a fridge before it clicked.

As for me, the movie I love but everyone hates is the American Godzilla. I don't know why it gets so much stick, I actually liked it. It was hardly Citizen Kane, but it was a decent popcorn movie, had good special effects and some actual funny/dramatic moments. Also everyone seems to forget Toho had to give permission for them to use that design for Godzilla, which I thought was a good design. And let's not forget it spawned a goddamn awesome TV series.

The movie I hate but everyone loves is Avatar (the blue cat people one). It was just a dull, boring film about as original as a pancake. The plot was a shameless rehash of Pocahontas, the aliens were lazily designed (it was like watching an episode of The Wuzzles) and it dragged on for too long. The only redeeming parts were Commander Badass with his almighty final stand and the fact that after the film Pandora was going to get an orbital bombardment from hell since Jake Sooooleee fucked up diplomatic relations for good.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:15 pm

Hmmm this IS tough

Movie I love that everyone else hates....probably Spiderman 3 lol It wasn't great but after watching it again I like it in the guilty pleasure sort of way. There probably is a better choice for here....

Movie I hate that everyone loves...Well I wouldn't say hate but Anchorman 2 I think was no where near as good as everyone says it was. A lot of replayed jokes and really made the subtle character quirks of Brick and Champ profoundly annoying. Oh, and Avatar I couldn't even bare to watch. The *insert word here (ie scary, date) Movie 's all sucked too.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:24 pm

A while ago, Raya had an idea on Skype for a question for this thread. She never posted it here, so I thought I'd do it instead now that I have actually come up with an answer for the question.

What would be your battle theme?

I choose "Libera Me From Hell" from "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann".

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:09 pm

Well, when I think of fighting this just popped into my head, so I guess this:

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:21 pm

My answer was

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:59 pm

I won't hold back this time! Prepare yourself!!

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:05 am

Ignore the video, enjoy the song.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:04 pm

Let's be honest, if you're fighting me it's probably in a Pokemon battle. It's gotta be this:

Bonus music when I show up as the final boss.

If it's a beat em up, my theme is totally this:

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Since it's nearly Christmas let's have a change from our usual Christmas question.

What is your LEAST favourite Christmas song?

Personally I loathe this one:

Yeah girl, you go whore it up with Santa so he'll give you nice things. Eartha Kitt is a legend, but this song? Nope, hate it.

In Dulce Jubilo runs a close second, mainly because I used to work retail and during Christmas it played on repeat. Still sets my teeth on edge. It's like Chinese water torture.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:11 pm

I know it's almost universally hated, but this song.

Oh man, this song.

It's the worst.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:33 pm

I've never heard that song before in my life TJ. Made it to 1:40 before I threw up.

I think you win this round.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:02 pm

Christmas shoes is a pile of American Country heartland crap, but I'm pretty sure that I've got a contender.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:55 pm

Well, it's New Year's eve and 2014 is drawing to a close.

How did 2014 treat you? Has it been a good year or a bad year for you?

What are your resolutions for 2015?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:53 pm

It's been an... OK year. In terms of people, I got a lot closer to some friends, drifted away from others, and only regret a very small number of it. In terms of life in general, I still haven't really found a direction to go in and I'm kinda unhappy about that. :/

As for 2015, I set my bar fairly low and hope to
1:Get my license
2:Get a job
3:Get an internship
4:Stop being a lazy bitch in my classes
5:Don't lose my way

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:19 pm

2014 was definitely one of my better years. While I didn't get an internship (again... I would have tried harder I think) I managed to improve academically and get A's in a few clutch classes and get my GPA up and get accepted into my school's 4+1 honors program and study for my master's in electrical engineering. Had I been accepted a couple quarters earlier (got denied the first time I applied in 2013) I wouldn't have had to do a senior project and just focus on writing a thesis, but since I did one I got to graduate and walk with a BS in EE. Other than that I managed to not fuck up my relationship with my wonderful girlfriend for the whole year. Got to hang out with Surge at Comic Con again and had a blast again. Got to go to Seattle with the friend I went to Japan with and we met up with a mutual friend that works at Amazon. His parents have a cabin on Gambier Island, which is off the coast of Vancouver so we road tripped up there and spent two days and a night there. Got to swim in the ocean there, which wasn't as cold as you might expect and went on a vision quest. Looking forward to what 2015 brings.

For 2015 I hope to finish my thesis by the end of summer. I should be done by end of Spring quarter but it's hard to focus on writing and research while taking on a full quarter of classes. Hopefully I can say that I'll have my Master's while I'm still 22. At least I don't have to be as committed or involved in my fraternity now that I graduated and have active alumni status. My other goal is to find a job and a get an apartment or some place where my girlfriend can move in with me or I'd live close to where she is. 

I also have a couple other long-term goals like being completely financially independent from my parents and buy myself a new car cause my Jetta is being expensive to repair, but I think I'll likely achieve those in 2016.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

2014 has been a pretty good year over all. Though I feel like not much new has happened during the year. I've studied, gone to anime conventions and done some political campaigning. Nothing I haven't done before. 2014 was also the year that I made out with a guy while his girlfriend was standing next to us. That wasn't completely new either. I did that back in 2009 as well (with someone else).

My New Year's resolutions for 2015 are to graduate and get a job.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:36 pm

I've had an absolutely terrible year, and 2014 became officially the worst year of my life. Still no museum job (I had two major blows when I came in 2nd for a job at the NHM and one job I was keen on turned out to be a fix), lost someone close to me, had my gaming group drop off the face of the earth, the con I've been going to for over a decade got cancelled and had to deal with a lot of crap that badly messed me up. In short, I was glad when 2014 buggered off.

My resolution for this year is mainly to shake off and sort out all the bullshit from 2014 and generally get myself out of this pit/get my life going again. Also to finally sit down and actually write one of the many novels that are floating around my brain.

Sahrimnir wrote:Nothing I haven't done before. 2014 was also the year that I made out with a guy while his girlfriend was standing next to us. That wasn't completely new either. I did that back in 2009 as well (with someone else).

You absolute hussy Sah Laughing

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:20 pm

Let's see if we can settle this. This fucking dress. What colour is it?

Spoiler:
If you've missed the internet imploding about this, the dress appears different colours to different people. Some are saying it's white and gold, others blue and black. What do you see?

I see white and gold myself. I can understand seeing blue, but black? What?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:35 pm

Sorry Raya, but that is Blue and Black.

I've tried my absolute best to see it any other way, but the only way it'd be White and Gold would be with a color inversion.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:39 pm

I'm sure you can look it up, but someone literally took out the individual colors, and when isolated, it's pretty clear that the "Blue/White" part is a shade of blue, and the "Black/Gold" part is a golden-brownish color. I saw some article saying that the differences in perception are because our monkey brains are trying to make the picture "right" so we try to normalize the, basically by white balancing them. People who see one color versus the other just have a different idea of what setting/lighting it's in. That's the best reasoning I've seen, but someone else could totally tell me that I'm wrong.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:34 pm

I see it as blue and gold.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:41 pm

My roommate asked my about this last night, and I just assumed the dress thing was just a big elaborate joke where the only people in on it are the ones saying that they only see blue and black. I don't know this, but his dumb smirk and tone of voice set off my bullshit detector.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:34 pm

I see no gold in that picture. It's Blue/Black

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:38 pm

I see it as white and gold.

Though, to be perfectly honest, I see it as mustard and white in a blueish shadow.

Apparently I'm an idiot and also wrong, according to my roommate, so there's that. Razz

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:05 pm

Black and Blue, along with another friend of mine. I also saw it at another time and saw it as white and gold. Gotta love perspective.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:07 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top