The Q&A thread

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Q&A thread

Post  Perry on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:27 am

Being that I have an utterly shit memory of my childhood, I barely remember one thing. The classic "If I don't see you, you don't see me"-deal. Really, I thought I was killer at hide and seek, but all I did was hide my face.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:34 am

I think it was in the 2nd or 3rd grade where I believed my friend and I could rule the world.

There have also been multiple times where I have made myself believe that powers are a real thing because I daydreamed about it so much and I still do.

And that I would use said power to do all the usual stuff you picture I would do~

By the way those two go hand in hand.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:12 pm

I thought my dad was a super spy, because he had a Walther ppk

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:30 pm

DRTJR wrote:I thought my dad was a super spy, because he had a Walther ppk
Are you still sure he isn't?

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:

Mine has one.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:21 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:
i doubt the good Ol' US of A has the competence to set a MI6 like organization.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:59 pm

My stepdad tried to make things up to scare me sometimes when he and my mum moved in together but I was 8 and I was not having any of that shit. Razz

When I was 5 I believed I had the power of premonition, I had a dream that my class would be getting a new student, went to school the next day and found out that yes, we were going to get a new student. I had another dream and something happened, it was always about minor things though.

When I was 3 I believed I had magic powers because I could make pens disappear when I closed my eyes and said a magic spell. It was a little while later I worked out my mum was hiding them Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:11 am

Doctor Shemp wrote:
When I was 3 I believed I had magic powers because I could make pens disappear when I closed my eyes and said a magic spell. It was a little while later I worked out my mum was hiding them Razz

That's adorable.

Also, about the premonition part, I believed I had that too. Still sort of do? It's probably something like hindsight knowledge or something, or I just twist my memories to fit it. But I've had, and still have, tons of "deja vu" moments because of certain scenes happening in my life that I've seen before. This can relate to things I'm working on on my laptop (usually things I never thought I'd do) to even seeing entire sceneries before my eyes and knowing the names of places before actually having seen them.

Biggest one I've had was back when I was like 10 or something, and my class went to a lake to go sailing or something. When we arrived at the dock, I had this huge moment of clarity and realised that I had seen all these boats and the lake before in a dream I had about a month earlier. I even knew the boatnames of the boats in the back without having been there before.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Doctor Shemp wrote:My stepdad tried to make things up to scare me sometimes when he and my mum moved in together but I was 8 and I was not having any of that shit. Razz

I'm sure one of the big joys of parenting is telling your kids crap. I think it's a mild form of revenge.

My stepdad once told me that stinging nettles don't sting in months ending in Y. Since it was the month of May, like a true scientist, I decided to test this hypothesis by grabbing a massive handful.

As it turns out the statement was false and stinging nettles do still sting in months ending in Y...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Thu May 16, 2013 10:21 pm

What's the scariest form of apocalypse you can imagine? Personally I'm afraid of the day where ants become giant. Those fuckers can lift three hundred times their weight. What happens when they weigh more than us?

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 pm

The_Magician's_Advisor wrote:What's the scariest form of apocalypse you can imagine? Personally I'm afraid of the day where ants become giant. Those fuckers can lift three hundred times their weight. What happens when they weigh more than us?

Not ants. Pigeons.

fuck that.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu May 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Bees everywhere.

EVERYWHERE

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu May 16, 2013 11:39 pm

The kind that happens pre space colonies

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu May 16, 2013 11:42 pm

The one where the Betty Crocker brand turns out to be run by a thousand year old alien, bent on conquering earth trough mind manupilation and alien technologies. She will melt the polar ice caps and flood the world, use subliminal messages to make sure we stop breeding and keep buying her products, puts juggalo's in positions of authority.......

honestly, it still gives me nightmares.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri May 17, 2013 12:12 am

I'm afraid of the day that the dark parts of the internet crawl out of their basements and attempt to take over the earth.

Or the homestuck uprising.

Either one.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri May 17, 2013 12:52 pm

I think plague would be the scariest apocalypse.

By the time it took hold it would already be spread worldwide- just look at how quickly bird and swine fly travelled. The first stages would be lots of paranoia, people still going about their day thinking it will all blow over, but when the dead start to rack up everything would go to hell. Our interlocking society would just fall apart. Who is going to harvest the fields? Who's going to deliver goods to stores? Who's going to run the power stations? No one, because nobody is going to go into work with plague everywhere. Sure, you can hunker down at home, but what happens when your food runs out? The supermarkets sure won't have any. What happens when your family fall sick? What happens when the people inside your house fall sick?

The breakdown of society would be scary enough, but it'd be the fear would make it the worst thing ever. At least with zombies or climate change it's a physical thing you can see and fight against. A plague? No chance. It'd take a second to get infected and it could be at anytime and anyplace.

Sad thing is, this is one of the most likely apocalypses to happen...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri May 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Generally, I'm too apathetic to really feel any kind of fear for an "end of the world" scenario. I just go like "hm, yeah, that seems like it would kill me", and then what are you gonna do about it. The whole point of an apocalypse would be where everything dies and ends and whatnot anyway, so if it'd happen I'd just go with it, endure the tremendous torture for a bit and just be done.
which is kind of sad, i know.

So the scariest kind of apocalypse I can think of right now would have to be more of a psychological kind, i guess? Not something that's out there actively killing people and just making me have to wait for it to come to me.
Rather something that would result into people being kept alive and left completely powerless with their own actions/fate, but still fully consious or something. But even then, it'd have to happen in like an instant, or I'd probably have already killed myself before it got to that point.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri May 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Not really exactly a haulocaust, but a nuclear world war would be the worst scenario in my imagination. Given that the last world war, one nation had nuclear capabilities, and today that number is nine (maybe more) with conflicting global interests, the idea of mutually assured destruction would be imperative once the nuclear option was put on the table. The especially horrifying part is that as information on building nuclear weapons becomes deciphered by more and more nations, the possibility of it falling into the hands of a non-state actor, which is a group more likely to use it for political ends than an already established state, becomes another scary potentiality.

For me, the worst part of this is the lack of control. There's nowhere to hide from a nuke or the fallout (unless you built a bunker), and basically nothing you could do to avert any of this unless you were a major world actor (which no one reading this is.) The world wouldn't recover from nuclear winter within your lifertime. It'd be the end of life as we know it and potentially the end of humanity.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri May 17, 2013 5:10 pm

Surge, you forget!

We simply live in Mineshafts, and to repopulate we have like 5 or 6 women to every guy.

That wouldn't be so bad!

Spoiler:

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri May 17, 2013 5:43 pm

Well if anyone was going to get glassed without warning, it's going to be US. Sad

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri May 17, 2013 5:57 pm

If it is to any use to you, the USSR would have bombed Austria regardless, despite us not being part of NATO.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Fri May 17, 2013 8:30 pm

Outlaw wrote:Surge, you forget!

We simply live in Mineshafts, and to repopulate we have like 5 or 6 women to every guy.

That wouldn't be so bad!

Spoiler:

except you really need more than a few guys, otherwise ya'll would end up inbred and die out anyway due to that.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun May 19, 2013 1:44 pm

A nuclear holocaust is actually my favourite kind of apocalypse. Well, it would be a bit shit, and yes you'd die horribly, but I still think it's very fascinating. It's literally everything going wrong at once. You have society collapse, environmental collapse, physical destruction, radiation sickness, people going insane...it's just a spiral into oblivion. I love that kinda thing.

Funnily enough on the forum I called home before this myself and two of the best writers on there teamed up and wrote an epic story on just that subject. It never got finished due to life, which was a shame, it was gold. I did consider remaking it for the forum, but somehow I doubt it would work well, aw well.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:45 pm

This was in an article about strange job interview questions, so of course I have to ask it here.

Would you rather fight a horse-sized duck or several duck-sized horses?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:51 pm

The duck sized horses, not only would they be adorable, but easilyscared off by my comparatively massive size.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:11 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top