TWBB Mafia Game 25- Hyrulian Hysteria. Day 3- Dawn

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 25- Hyrulian Hysteria. Day 3- Dawn

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:26 am

Well god dammit.
Sorry for such absurdly little activity, I did what I could but with the little free time I had. This combined with my newlyfound internet problems.
I was OOT Link, the Cop, and managed to scan only one person (Q) with my Lense of Truth.

I hope we can start up a new game sometime soon because this was pretty short by our standards.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:31 pm

Mafia post-game discussion gooooooooo-

Day 1: Raya was Lynched.

Night 1 actions recieved-

Req: Nothing
Fed: Docblock Weldar
Smash: Minby forcevote Requiem
Spont: Scan Q
Snake: Charge
Outlaw: Kill Viero
Weldar: Rolesteal Spont

No other actions recieved.

This was somewhat saddening in two regards. The first was that the mafia found out who the cop was in one go, and the second was that there were a number of people who just didn't send any actions in.

Day 2: Minby was lynched.

Night 2 actions received:

Req: kills snake
DRTJR: does nothing
Fed: Protects himself
Snake: Charges
Outlaw: Unblockable kill spont
Weldar: Rolesteal Fed
No other actions received

Day 3: Daykill Fed, mafia wins.

Overall, I'm really kinda disappointed with the activity in the game. I wish I had more people playing as well, but that's secondary to the fact that everybody kinda phoned it in this game. I was hoping for at least some effort in the first mafia game we've had in a while... :/

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:34 pm

MAFIA IS DEAD

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:00 pm

In other news, role discussions. I had made many more roles than I actually used, and I blame at least a portion of this game's failure to the fact that I messed up the ratios for mafia:townie numbers. In a larger game, a 1:3 ratio is perfectly fine. However, I should have known that in a game like this, especially with the mafia being powerful roles, a 1:4 ratio should have been better, and I apologize for that.

Anyway, here we go.

------Mafia-----

Vaati: once every other night, can "petrify" someone. Petrified people have no flip. Unredirectable. Takes the place of a regular Nightkill.
Outlaw got this role. The idea behind this was that it would be opposed by the Link(MC) role, who could undo the petrification, but at a much slower rate than vaati can stone people. Outlaw performed admirably this game, active throughout and using his powers wisely.

Shadow Link- Roleblock someone and steal their role. (Role is a one-shot use of the power that was copied in the night.)
Weldar had this role. Weldar also was fairly active, and targeted incredibly powerful roles in the night to discover. If I had made the mafia a 1:4 ratio, the role I would have cut would have been either this one, or Veran.

Veran: Possess someone to control their vote.
Smashbro had this role. He did a good job targeting people to throw the town off, and kept the pressure off of the mafia very well. This role was incredibly powerful, and I probably should have cut either this one or Shadow Link to make the ratios appropriate.

Onox: Mafian Bomb. Uses Din, the oracle of seasons trapped in a crystal, as a shield so that when you strike him, you get hurt.
Did not make the cut.

Ganondorf: Kill someone in the day! (once per game)
JGH27 had this role. JGH was fairly inactive for most of the game, but came back on day 3 to use his power and win the game for the mafians.

Chancellor Cole: Nobody would possibly think that the innocent Chancellor Cole is actually a mafian! Scan as innocent. Once per game, stop all lynches.
Did not make the cut. I felt that a godfather in a small game would have been a bad idea.

-----Town-----

Link (MC): Wielder of the Four Sword- Can charge the blade with energy in the night. "Unleash" after 1 charge = double vote, unleash after 2 charges = de-petrify someone.(Unleash happens the night after a charge: charge->unleash means day 3 they have doublevote, charge->charge->unleash means day 4 someone comes back)
Snake had this role. I feel as though he would have done something great with it if the game had lasted longer. As it was, he charged the blade twice and got killed by Requiem the night of the second charge.

Link (SS): Bodyguard- 1 block on shield.
Raya had this role and died day one. Not much more to say about that.

Link (OoT)- Lens of Truth (cop)
Spont had this role, but due to his computer troubles and the fact that Weldar rolestole him night one, he didn't get to do much with it. A shame, really. Cops have the potential to turn a game around.

Zelda (OoT)- Can escape for a night by transforming into Shiek. Escape for a night by transforming back. Can only transform 2 times. (transforming back does not count as a transformation, but it also does not prevent you from being killed) (Shiek cannot post more than 3 times per dayphase and cannot vote.)
Role was cut. I was having a hard time figuring out the balance for this role, and I didn't feel comfortable throwing it into a game with so few people/

Zelda (SS): Blessing of Hylia- +1 vote to anyone she visits, except cop/bodyguard.
cop gains 1 shot role scan, bg gets +1 to shield count
DRTJR had this role. Between barely being active in the dayphase and not using his power once, I kinda hoped for more out of him this game. :/

OoA Link: Uses harp of ages to go back in time and prevent something from happening. (roleblock)
I had intended for the roleblocker to be on the side of the town, but Shadow Link was too good of a mafian character to pass up. This was probably one of the first roles I had "cut" from the game.

OoS Link: 4 seasons, 4 powers. 1 use for each. (Summer=role reveal of lynch, Winter=shortens day by 24 hours, Spring=prevent day phase related powers from going off, Fall=lynch if tie)
Viero had this role. I had two "jack-of-all-trades" characters in this game. One passive, and one active. Viero had the passive version, giving different benefits (or hindrances) to the dayphase based on what season he made it. Retrospectively, I probably should have made this role trigger-able in the dayphase

Zelda(MC): Protect someone for the nightphase with the light force. (doc)
Fedaykin had this role. He did a good job this game. I'd love to say more, but the game was so short that not much happened. Again, I'm truly sorry for that.

Marin: Sings ballad of the wind fish. All night actions fail. (Once per game.)
Another role I had to cut. Unfortunate, really. I like Marin.

Link(MM): Goron Mask: (Vig Kill), Deku Mask: (Driver), Zora Mask: (Doc), Stone Mask: (All night actions on you fail)
The other jack-of-all-trades, and this one was given to Requiem. He used exactly one of his masks, and it was to kill Snake with the Goron mask. That actually tipped the scales in favor of the mafia in the day, unfortunately. Despite that, he played fairly well this game.

Smash Link: 1 shot daykill, unblockable, public kill with role reveal and killer reveal. Final smash.
Another role cut early. Two daykill powers was a little overkill. I was really hesitant towards leaving in the public announcement of who issued the kill, but I found that the mafia daykill benefited from being anonymous about as much as the townie one benefited from being confirmed.

Link(LoZ): It’s dangerous to go alone.
Potential vanilla role to mix in. The idea was that if I mixed in some vanilla roles into a large game, the mafians with awkward powers, (like vaati) would be able to claim vanilla, and there would be no definitive counter claims.

Link(CDi): Oh Boy, Can’t WAIT to bomb some Dodongos!
See above. These roles were some of the first to go.

Groose: Once per game, you may assume the role of a fallen "hero".
Quaetam had this role, and I'm really sad that I didn't see him say much in the day, nor use his action at night. Kinda disappointed, since I was sorta relying on him to be fairly active, but I know as well as anyone that sometimes school gets in the way- and his school's a lot more rigorous than mine is.

Link (ST) Use your Train to transport 2 people- all actions that would affect one now affect the other, and vice versa.
Town driver was cut. Could have made some interesting nightphases in a larger game.

Link: (WW): Use your spyglass to observe someone at long distances! (Watcher)
Watcher and Tracker are powerful roles, but I elected for some of the more instant-power roles that the town had.

Link(TP): Wolf link Tracker
Another role that I was forced to cut.

------Third Party-----

Tingle: You know the roles, you know the players. Using your fairy magic, if you can figure out what player has what role, you win! Kooloo-limpah!
Play as a survivor until you can pinpoint all of the roles. I really like this role idea, and it's a shame that Minby didn't get to do much with him. Veran possessed him and that ended that.

Cucco: Kill one person after you die.
This role was originally unkillable at night, and killed anyone who tried to kill it. Slightly OP, was only going to be in a large game full of shenanigans.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:02 pm

As an aside, I also included a number of jokes, references and other little puns into the game.

This is mainly the name of the phases.

Day 1: The Darkened World
(Pun on the dark world)
Night one- a Hero's Demise
(pun on SS link dying, w/ demise)
Day 2- Into Chaos
(Pun on onox's line about seasons)
Night 2- (A strange sensation)
(tingle)
Day 3- Dawn (of the final day)

I also spent about 5 minutes editing and re-editing the day 3 phaseshift page, deciding what music I wanted to use from clock town.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:02 pm

All in all, good game everyone, sorry I fucked it up.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:26 pm

THERE WAS A VAATI AND I WAS NOT HIM!

I feed a strange cocktail of emotions right now.
I was going to use my power on Q but then he died so go me.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:57 pm

I can't comment much, on account of my early and brutal demise Razz

But no, I did enjoy what I got to play, it's good to have another game of mafia again. Thanks for running it TD!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:19 pm

Yeah, you have my apologies for not fully committing, TD. I signed up hoping to support your game, but every day got caught between being overwhelmed with RL goings on, or otherwise too burnt out in my spare time. Day 3 I wanted to make up for it and had been scanning tr thread for leads but I got shot.  The big shame too is my initial target was Outlaw, with Weldar and I think it was Snake following up, so this would have helped the town if it went anywhere.

Also, Cucco was more than just a little overpowered Razz

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:38 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top