Downloads Section now UP!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Downloads Section now UP!

Post  Smashy B on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:05 pm

Ok, so I'm brosing around the DL section...

I love the piece "Squirtle Squirtle" by Daniel Schraer and not (just) because of the title. If you have the sheet music for it, will you please please PLEASE send it to me. Smile Piano is my thing and that's a good piece.

Also, I took a look at Kyle Blythe's myspace, since he was updated in the casts section. Well in his friends list is you, Zach, and I lol'd at your display name "brokeZach Mountain."

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skark on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Hey guys, I'm new here, you know the rest of it.

I was curious: is Squirtle Squirtle a remix of an already-existing song, like the others, or is it an original?

skark
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:23 pm

HAY GUIZ
smashbro wrote:I love the piece "Squirtle Squirtle" by Daniel Schraer and not (just) because of the title. If you have the sheet music for it, will you please please PLEASE send it to me. Smile Piano is my thing and that's a good piece.
smashbro wrote:sheet music for it? Smile
:B

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:34 am

I just sent Daniel a facebook message so he should be along shortly.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Danno on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:27 pm

Hey everybody, I just registered.

To answer your questions, I don't write out standard sheet music ever, so if you want to know how to play the songs I can just tell you chord progressions and perhaps melody note by note, otherwise you're better off sitting at a keyboard and trying to figure it out on your own.

The Squirtle song is an original - I found an ominous-sounding piano line that builds nicely. I don't remember the exact progression but the piece revolves around D minor, Bb (aka B flat) minor and C# major in an alternating fashion:
Dm Bbm (for most of it) then Dm Bbm Dm C# etc.

If break the chords up into arpeggios you get the middle section. The first part begins with the ntoes D, G#, A, D.

So yeah thats all you need, really! (I hope)

Thats the only song so far thats not based on an existing theme. Probably not too much purely original stuff will be in Brawl. We'll see. Thanks a lot for the compliments, I'm really stoked that people dig the soundtrack! Definitely much more to come...

ps - just for the hell of it, here's a shameless plug for my other music, which can be found at last.fm as well as
www.myspace.com/thesunshinetitanensemble (my solo stuff)
www.myspace.com/mymagicmurderbag (random acoustic gypsy-core summer project)
www.myspace.com/theatomicflower (RPG-sounding folk-prog-sillyconceptpsychedelia)

Danno
Riff Raff

View user profile http://myspace.com/thesunshinetitanensemble

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:02 pm

danno your avatar is freaking me out!

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:14 pm

Danno, if I can figure out the song, I'll try to make sheet music for it then.

Edit: How do I dl the mp3? When I click Download, it just takes me to the page where it plays the midi of the song.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:59 pm

Wow... that actually makes sense (*fellow musician/composer talkin here*). Also, it's very kickass.

I'll see what I can come up with in my music program as far as sheet music, that is of course if I have permission to do so. If I get the time, I want to analyze it to see how such basic progression makes a badass song.

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Danno on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:09 pm

You should be able to right click on it or option click or something and that'll let you download the file (I think, otherwise ask Matt?).

Ummmm I'm okay with sheet music being made if credit is given where its due. I'd be interested in seeing it. I'm really glad you guys like the track. Simple progressions are the best. Part of what works about this one in particular is the minor chromatic chords and probably the inversion. The initial Bbm chord used is in first inversion, which emphasizes the Db/C# note. ANYWAY, feel free to transcribe, its something I rarely have time to do.

And Zach, beware of the Galactic Wizard, he devours all in his path.

Danno
Riff Raff

View user profile http://myspace.com/thesunshinetitanensemble

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:25 pm

Danno wrote:You should be able to right click on it or option click or something and that'll let you download the file (I think, otherwise ask Matt?).
I tried. The only ones I can download are the ones that are linked.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top