Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  TheTJ on Thu May 29, 2014 10:49 pm

While I can appreciate the relief, let's not upvote votes we approve of, OK?

.......That way lies MADNESS!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Thu May 29, 2014 10:49 pm

Weldar wrote:
Catterick wrote:Well, obviously. I know that, but as I believe JGH is mafia he wouldn't know this, so he read it in Sah's death post to claim. I'm not sure why that's suspicious to you?

Or he could have just pegged it from the first post.

But warrior is light is very clearly an affiliation note a role. All J essentially said was "I'm innocent" which is hardly convenient its what anyone would say when on the chopping block. The way you called him out for that statement though you came across as someone who didn't realize everyone innocent had Warrior of Light there in the affiliation field of their pm (an assumption I'm making on the idea Relm used a standardized formatting) which could mean someone who isn't innocent and thus wouldn't know that.

You know, bringing up stuff from within the role pm is getting dangerously close to the no flavour claiming rule. Sorry Relm, if you think that crossed a line I'd totally understand and not complain about being punished for it.

Also just for the record, I'll be watching this thread closely till night, if anyone does vote for Viero I'll quickly change votes to break the tie. Likewise if J gets another vote, I'll also change to keep the testing of Catterick's power up.
Ok, I see what you're saying, and that does look suspicious on me. I want to prove my innocence, which is why I want to prove my double vote, and why I asked for a scan. I hope that is enough to at least balance that weird phrasing by me.

Also, TJ *shakes fist*  Razz 

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 10:50 pm

This whole game has been madness!

But ya you're right

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Thu May 29, 2014 10:54 pm

Oh by the way, I'm probably dead tonight seeing as the mafia don't like a double voter dumb enough to reveal himself.

Seeing as I was posting quite a bit I think that's a shame, but whatever.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu May 29, 2014 10:56 pm

While a doublevote is more commonly a town power its not outside the realm of possibility for a mafian to have (though it would likely mean a smaller mafia numberwise) proof of role is not always proof of affiliation.
Overall I'd say I suspect Catterick more than Viero at the moment, if Viero if mafia that looks pretty damning but I could easily see Viero being innocent but Catterick being scum here. But I'd have to agree with J reading as a desparate inno, and while his info is shaky of the current leading options I definitely prefer trying to test that.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Thu May 29, 2014 10:58 pm

TheTJ wrote:

The other reason is Catterick. He's too determined to take JGH down in my mind. IF the Viero/Catt thing was a legit slip-up, this is how I think it would play out. One of them Focusing intently on whoever had more votes and trying like hell to keep the other out of hot water.
Honestly, I wish I had never, ever commented on anything Viero said, cause it's been misconstrued so badly and corrupted my genuine scum-hunting it's not even funny now.

I am, however, morbidly curious as to how he'll flip.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 11:00 pm

While I'm glad to survive the day, I'm scared shitless of tonight. I got 1 chance to make a stand this nightphase and I hope luck is on my side. Gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu May 29, 2014 11:01 pm

Phase over! Post coming later

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu May 29, 2014 11:03 pm

Catterick wrote:
TheTJ wrote:

The other reason is Catterick. He's too determined to take JGH down in my mind. IF the Viero/Catt thing was a legit slip-up, this is how I think it would play out. One of them Focusing intently on whoever had more votes and trying like hell to keep the other out of hot water.
Honestly, I wish I had never, ever commented on anything Viero said, cause it's been misconstrued so badly and corrupted my genuine scum-hunting it's not even funny now.

I am, however, morbidly curious as to how he'll flip.

For what is worth my suspcions on you come mostly from that recent flavor thing, I actually quite enjoyed all your early scumhunting and I hope you don't get dissuaded from it if mafia keeps being a thing and you keep playing.

Also to J I just have to say, remember this, a dead innocent still wins the game. Better to try and die having made a difference than living doing nothing

Edit: A shit night ninjad, well this is more playstyle encouragement than game relevant posting, but I'll still delete it if you want.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu May 29, 2014 11:37 pm

Alright, sorry, took extra time to double check and make sure I wasn't hanging the wrong person.

The recent loss of Sahrimnir hanging heavy on everyone's minds, the Warriors of Light moved on towards their goal. With news of the most recent location of the Fighters of the Crystal they headed off in the direction of Figaro, the town that was closest to the one they just laid waste to. It would make sense that the Fighters would head there next. Crossing the desert, the Warriors notice something amiss. One of their comrades had been acting funny ever since they left to go to Figaro. Everyone had attributed this to the awful scene they had all witnessed, but surely by now they had all accepted it had happened and moved on, right? Moving to confront him about it and to talk it out, JGH is taken by surprise when Viero slashes at him with his dagger.

Hysterical, Viero unleashes a feral roar and charges his fellow Warriors of Light. 

Thinking quickly, TheTJ attunes himself with the Aether and tries to find out what's wrong. It is then that he senses it; dark chains wrapped around Viero, forcing him to move like a puppet on a string. Breaking himself out of the Aether, TheTJ quickly yells to his friends. "We must cut him down! His will is not his own! That ritual we saw that they sacrificed Sahrimnir to must've been a ritual of binding or control of some sort!"

Viero doesn't go down easily though, parrying attacks from the others and countering back with attacks of his own, managing to cut a few of the Warriors of Light before finally being struck down.

Viero has been hung, he was a Warrior of Light!

Night phase ends in 47 hours and 23 minutes.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri May 30, 2014 2:49 am

Jesus Christ gimme a break why do the intense parts of day phases happen when I'm asleep.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat May 31, 2014 11:02 pm

The Warriors of Light awaken to a bright, sunny day in the desert. After gathering their things and having done a quick search of the area, they find that everyone is still alive and intact. Breathing a fresh sign of relief, the warriors trek on in their quest to save the world.

Day 3 Start; Night falls in 48 hours

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat May 31, 2014 11:04 pm

Everybody lives! Just this once, Everybody lives! Very Happy

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sat May 31, 2014 11:10 pm

Well that was interesting

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat May 31, 2014 11:19 pm

First post updated with deaths and links to the phase shifts, btw.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sat May 31, 2014 11:27 pm

If somebody protected me last night, thank-you.

Long post upcoming: we have a big day of mafia hunting ahead of us.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat May 31, 2014 11:28 pm

I'm going to make a very succinct post to be followed shortly with a more elaborate textwall:

Vote: Catterick

Catterick wrote:
JGH27 wrote:I am a Warrior of the Light
The same as Sahrimnir? Pretty convenient.

Any townie would instantly know their alignment and recognize 'warrior of the light'.  A mafian would not.  There's no question where our lynch should fall today.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sat May 31, 2014 11:42 pm

Nice. But it's not the same as claiming mafia, because I'm a third party. Anyone who scanned me like I wanted them to will confirm this.

Also, jumping down my neck with a short post is very suspicious, and I suspected you even before this. Calling it now, Quaetam is mafia.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat May 31, 2014 11:47 pm

There's nothing suspicious about a short post.  Not everything equates to suspicion.

You're not town?  Thanks for that.  I'd rather lynch a mafian but if we can't find one there's nothing wrong with eliminating a third party.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sat May 31, 2014 11:55 pm

You're known for long posts, man. And generally even when you hunt mafia, you're courteous and give people the benefit of the doubt. None of that was present in your post. But anyway, that's by the by, especially if you follow up with a textwall.

I'd rather lynch a mafian but if we can't find one there's nothing wrong with eliminating a third party.
Lynching me decreases the body count of the non-mafia, for one. And If you of all people can't find a mafian by the end of this of all day phases, it's because you yourself are one of them - many, many people voted to lynch an innocent last night.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:11 am

Ok, here we go. Deep breath.

Last night we lynched an innocent. I could go on about how much that clears me but the fact is, I didn't know he was innocent either, I just suspected it.

6 people voted for Viero to hang. In order of appearance: Raya, Fedaykin, Surge, JGH27, TheTJ, and Weldar.

Raya put the idea forward, as such I'm most suspicious of her.

I feel as though I'm getting ahead of myself however. I should first take time out to clear the suspicion that will doubtless be put on me by the mafia, in order to give them another day without losing one of their flock.

Firstly, Weldar pointed out something very suspicious that I posted last day phase, that incriminated me. It was a legitimate slip and kudos to him for picking it up so quickly. However, I didn't make it because I'm mafia. I made it because I'm a third party. That's why I didn't realise that the townies in this game were called "Warriors of Light".

As for my role, I'm not allowed to claim it. It's a weird role that explains some of my rabid behaviour last phase, but Relm told me I wasn't allowed to tell anyone. However, my double vote was not a bluff, and I welcome the chance to prove it in service to the town.

Common third party roles involve the serial killer, the cultists, and the survivor. I'm not really any of those. The lack of killing should at least show you I'm not a SK. But if someone did scan me, they will confirm my third party nature.

I'm going to make another post analysing the votes of the Viero lynchers soon, but to give one more insight for what it's worth: obviously, not all the mafia would've voted for Vie. That would be too obvious. That's why I'm very suspicious of Quaetam, who threw a little suspicion on Spont and then basically vanished for the shit storm that erupted later. Keeping his voting record clean, I think.

And I also still believe JGH is mafia. Obviously

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:10 am

A fair warning: I'm not going to be very active this day phase because I'm going to spend the next week in a four-part entrance exam.

That being said, here be some thoughts for now:

I have no fucking clue what to make of Catt now.

Q is still shady. Last phase he went after me with a vengeance and put together giant text walls even when I didn't give him that much material to analyze. It was just grasping at straws. He jumped at me so scaredly only because I voted for him, which shouldn't be that big a deal in mafia. Yeah he's up to no good.

Raya is shadier. From basically being the one to lead Viero to the lynch and wording a lot of little things suspiciously vaguely (I still have no clue if he was on mine or Q's side last day phase, and she didn't really bother to clear it up. Whee for contigency plans!). Now that I've taken a direct position against her, she can retroactively confirm that she was with Q and against me. Hooray for convenience!

Need to wait this out for a bit before I can make a move. Also, as I said I'm not going to be posting a whole lot this day phase, if at all after this. I'll try to slip in a vote before night. Maybe things have cleared up a bit.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:45 am

Spont, I predict this day phase will be massive. Your vote is going to count for a lot if you get the time, so I hope you do. Smile 

So I've been going over the six who voted for Viero. Not all of them are suspicious to me, but a lot are. Let's start at the top.

Raya was the first person in Day 2 to vote for Viero. This would work well for the mafia since she was one of the players who didn't vote for him Day 1. Nice and impartial. Here:

Raya wrote:Catterick and Viero's relationship is throwing up flags. Viero is acting suspicious anyway with vote-switching last phase, and today Catterick seems almost defensive of him. Viero hasn't done anything convincing to show he's town, but Catt appears to be strongly leaning towards his innocence.

Very suspicious how she makes sure to throw the blame on to me as well as Viero, and when I promptly responded to the accusations, she didn't get back to me. Fair enough lots of us are busy, but it smells to me of that "hit and run" tactic that prominent players do when they're mafia and don't want to draw attention to themselves.

Also note that JGH throws some support in almost immediately:

JGH wrote:Raya, I think you may be on to something there. I fear voting for either Viero or Catterick but certainly both seem a bit scummy.
Possibly backing up a fellow mafia. A subplot to this post will be JGH's mysterious fears of voting Viero (and me, according to this post). Hopefully he can elaborate on that.

I should state that although I believe that a suspicion of me and Viero was justified at the time, failing to respond to my numerous explanations and analyses belies a player unwilling to listen, and therefore in all probability a mafia. You'll see why I don't suspect other players due to this later.

Moving on, Fedaykin. This player is very shifty to me since he voted for the innocent Viero in both day phases. Not to mention he was the first to vote for Viero on Day 1. Here's what he said the following day:

Fedaykin wrote:The Viero - Catterick Connection:

Viero certainly appears to be the center point of the last dayphase. He is a bit of erratic player, as we are all aware, but today, he basically vanished. In combination with Catterick's defensive behaviour about him and a line that might be a scumslip, knowing his alignment would clear up a few connections, including J. I do agree, that especially the post including his vote was unsettling, but I feel, that we get more leads out of a Viero lynch.

Vote:Viero
Note how he picks the baton Raya left and elaborates on our supposed connection, even giving it a fancy name. Once again, he makes sure to vanish before the day phase ends - much like JGH did on Day 1 after voting Viero. Again, personal lives, we can't help them, but it's worthy of a mention at least.

Next I'll move to Weldar. I don't suspect him nearly as much as the others. One thing that did unnerve me:

Weldar wrote:
Now on this Viero Catterick thing, I must be totally honest I'd actually kind of prefer to lynch Catterick than Viero, though I gotta say I'm really wishing I'd gotten my vote switch onto Viero in in time yesterday we'd already be in such a better position than this. I think the strong part of this argument is probably Catterick's earlier insistence on Viero being innocent. The thing is mafians can often get a bit that way too since they know for sure someone is innocent and will sometimes try a bit too strongly to look good by being against an innocent lynch. But its even more true than yesterday that Viero would certain leave a lot of interesting voting records with her flip now.
It bothers me how he says I had an "insistence of Viero being innocent" which is simply not true. Many times I stated I simply saw JGH as more suspicious than Viero and voted accordingly. It felt like Weldar was twisting the facts here.

I tend not to suspect Weldar because he was willing to go along with my "thermal detonator" gambit (threatening a no-lynch), when that really could've meant JGH was lynched, had TheTJ not popped up. I know it sounds weird that I suspect the guy who wanted to hang me the least, but I feel that he's a legitimate scumhunter.

Finally, TheTJ. He got in at the eleventh hour to vote Viero. Normally that would be suspicious as hell, but I liked his post. He seemed genuine in it and it made sense to me. Certainly he's one to keep your eye on, but a low priority target in my mind.

Postscript on JGH. He made a lot of comments last day phase:

JGH wrote:His death can only help the town out. After tonight I will be dead.
JGH wrote:With mere moments to go, I would like to ask for protection tonight. I'll hang tomorrow if need be, but save me tonight.
JGH wrote:Unless Vie is lynched today, I'll have no way of knowing. If Vie is lynched I'm as good as dead tonight.
It's certainly possible someone protected JGH last night, but if he is mafia he wouldn't need protecting. I honestly feel bad about having it in for JGH so much last night, and in fact it was TheTJ who softened my heart with his "JGH is a confused innocent" theory. I'm really sorry for being so aggressive guys, and I'm going to for the most part defer to other players as to who to lynch this phase - for me it's between Raya, Fedaykin and Quaetam.

Oh, and a final Post Postscript on Requiem. He voted for Viero Day 1 as well, but voted Raya the next day, and has contributed next to nothing to sway opinion. I'm unsure what to think of him.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:53 am

Well guys after last night I think I understand what the fuck J was going on about that he couldn't explain. Unfortunately just like him I can't explain anything about why
I have to ask J, you pretty much claimed to have the old gambler type role of having 6 powers but basically having no control over which you use each night, it comes down to a diceroll. Now I think I've figured out what you did and saw that made you suspect Viero, I'm not gonna say since just giving someone a story like that makes it way too easy for them to lie but I'd like you to confirm what it was. I'm leaning towards innocent on you overall still but I'd like to get my thoughts on this sorted out.

So I'm surprised no one's pointed out the big flavour clue from yesterday's lynch since everyone seems to love analyzing that stuff. Viero was being controlled like a puppet? I'm a little skeptical, she seemed to be acting normal enough overall, if that was total post control it was pretty convincing. Maybe a vote control? The vote seemed natural enough too since it was direct competition. Could just be flavour but it's something specific sounding enough to raise an eyebrow for sure.

Now Catterick. I'm leaning towards believing he's a 3rd party, his play makes sense for a 3rd party who's been trying to get into the innocent good books. That said I'm still kind of concerned. A doublevote is an odd power for a 3rd party, having some sort of extra voting means his goals have something to do with the lynch which is a little worrisome. Given he said his role explains his behaviour yesterday I'd almost be inclined to think lyncher. Actually Warlock could make even more sense, I actually suspect we could have a role like that in this game, I can't really go into more detail on why though. I have to agree with Q though, I'd rather focus on hunting a mafian since self proclaimed 3rd parties are also easy votes that don't tend to leave much in the way of records, if we have a vigilante out there though I would totally recommend shooting Catterick tonight though.

I'd go into more of an analysis mode and look for a vote right now, but I'm kind of tired from spending like 10 hours playing mario kart, I just wanted to get this out here for now and particularly hear a response from J before I gather my thoughts here.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:58 am

I'd like to point something out really quickly. Just because someone voted for Vie last phase, doesn't mean they're probably mafia, just because someone voted to save him doesn't mean we're free from suspicion. It's a common mafia tactic to split their votes so not everyone gets caught if there's a slip up. Conversely, townies, not knowing anything besides themselves and what their role tells them, are pretty likely to vote on anything that seems suspicious, and Vie and Cat were definitely suspicious. There are surely going to be more things that come up today, but really, Cat, saying you're not town makes you an obvious target, and I will be gunning for you if nothing more suspicious comes up.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:29 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top