Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  DarkFalco on Sun May 25, 2014 2:52 pm

I'm also busy till Wednesday so I won't be on so much so I will also  vote: no one so as not to accidentally lynch a townie day one due to inactivity. I'll be much more proactive after Wednesday though.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Requiem on Sun May 25, 2014 5:00 pm

I'm actually being 'Chirpy' because there's actually a TWBB Mafia game running, which hasn't happened in too long. That's pretty much it.

Requiem
Savior in Green

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 25
Location : Twin Lake, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Catterick on Sun May 25, 2014 5:02 pm

Requiem wrote:Guys, you should all vote for Vie. You know that she's mafia more often than not and we've caught her as mafia on the first phase before!
The most recent game I read through had Viero lynched day one, they turned up Serial Killer. But in that case they had said something incriminating... I'd feel bad lynching someone who had done nothing to attract suspicion.

On the other hand I'm not sure a day 1 no lynch is such a good idea either. Viero may have to speak up soon lest one of us decide to throw a vote on her just to lynch *somebody*. Of course, I'm in the same category as we both have 2 votes.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Vivian Vex on Sun May 25, 2014 5:43 pm

As far as Reqs response. It's not really as out of character as Raya says it is. This kind of behavior while does not happen always when he is happy. It is quite common regardless. 

I am not sure if TD or Spont have both been on since their vote but I don't really see a good reason why Cat should be up here in terms of votes. As everyone else said he has been doing a rather good job of bringing things up. And on day one that is always nice to see since it is usually very slow. 

UNVOTE:REQ

After thinking it over some Sah is the best one for me to vote for so far as he has one vote and no one else has really done anything out there except for Spont who seems to be being controlled and Req who I already went over. And I would rather have a quiet townie die than an active townie die. Sorry Sah. 

VOTE: Sah

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  JGH27 on Sun May 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Weekend busier than expected, just got in from winning back to back hockey games. Did a quick summary of the game thusfar and I too hate day 1 no lynches. Seeing as the dayphase will end before I return I'll toss a Vote: Viero and see what happens.

Terrible reasoning perhaps but a chance I wanna take.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4213
Join date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Catterick on Sun May 25, 2014 9:02 pm

JGH27 wrote:Weekend busier than expected, just got in from winning back to back hockey games. Did a quick summary of the game thusfar and I too hate day 1 no lynches. Seeing as the dayphase will end before I return I'll toss a Vote: Viero and see what happens.

Terrible reasoning perhaps but a chance I wanna take.
Congrats on your victories! Now it sucks when you're not able to be around for the end of the dayphase, but it can also be a convenient way for a mafia to throw a vote on to an innocent while still looking innocent themselves. JGH even admits the reasoning for voting Viero is perhaps "terrible". Despite the fact that I doubt a mafia would seriously compromise their voting record so early in the game, this is the most noteworthy thing I've seen so far, meagre though it may be. Therefore:

Unvote: Td
Vote: JGH


I must continue to state that Viero hasn't posted anything that seems suspicious to me, unless defending Req's posting style counts - I remember Game 19, where a mafia Viero was caught through his defending of some of Snake posts, who flipped mafia when he died. However, Viero voted for Req at first, and Req is still voting (with serious consequences) for Viero - so I'm sceptical that they're both mafia.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Vivian Vex on Sun May 25, 2014 9:28 pm

UNVOTE:SAH


I would vote for J because that is the closest thing to mafian post we have so far. But I REALLY don't want to die day 1 again. So I am going to do this.

VOTE: NOBODY


If more people vote for him then I will switch to him as well.

EDIT: Changed "you" to "J" to avoid confusion.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Catterick on Sun May 25, 2014 10:10 pm

Also where the hell is Quaetam? I want to see the Great Negotiator dammit.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Relmitos on Sun May 25, 2014 11:42 pm

Alright stop, day phase is over. Going over results and stuff now, sorry for the delay. As I said, today I was at a friend's birthday party and it lasted all of 12 hours, so yeah. It twas fun.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Relmitos on Sun May 25, 2014 11:52 pm

After spending the first day training beating up goblins and wolves, the Warriors of Light settle down at camp having decided amongst themselves that it is to early to go out hunting for Nag'Molada and his Fighters of the Crystal.

No one was hung, only casualties thus far have been a bunch of goblins and wolves. Grats on your levels everyone.

Tomorrow is a new day and it is then that the hunt will truly begin.

It is now Night Phase and it will end in 47 hours and 8 minutes as of this time stamp.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Relmitos on Tue May 27, 2014 12:36 am

Night phase ends in 22 hours and 24 minutes as of this time stamp

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Relmitos on Tue May 27, 2014 11:16 pm

Sorry, late because reasons and things.


It was the dawn of a new day, the adventure would begin anew for the heroes of light. They visited the shops one last time to use their newly acquired gil from their training yesterday to buy potions, antidotes, and to get their gear in order. Things happening in a flurry, picking up side quests from the local NPCs, figuring out what the recent rumors and myths are, because let's face it, some legendary armor of invincibility that got discarded in the cave of no return forever ago that no one has ever seen surely exists. Suddenly one of the Light Warriors noticed something; one of their compatriots had yet to join them. Upon searching Sahrimnir's room at the inn, they discovered a very gruesome scene. Multiple stab wounds covering his body, Sahrimnir was surrounded by various effigy's and strange drawings on the walls and floor as if someone had done a ritual during the night, with Sahrimnir as the sacrifice.

Sahrimnir was killed, he was a Warrior of Light(Town)!  Day phase starts now, day ends in 48 hours

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  JGH27 on Wed May 28, 2014 9:44 am

Catterick, keep in mind I said that I hate no lynches on day 1's. Now when I read the tally, to avoid a no lynch the only 2 true choices were you and Viero (now, when I just checked I see Sah also had 2 votes after the tally sheet I used). Because I'd hate to lynch a new player first dayphase I opted for Viero.

Saying this now as I couldn't last dayphase.

Now, Viero went from Req, to Sah then WOULD have went with me but opted for a no lynch. While that seems kind of random and sketchy his no lynch vote is either a) a really good cover to hide possible mafia affiliations or b) just him throwing out some votes and seeing how people react.

Currently I'm leaving Viero be unless he says/does something to warrant further suspicion.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4213
Join date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Wed May 28, 2014 12:33 pm

So with the tie yesterday we're basically back at square 1. Horrible as it may be, we sort of kind of need that completely random day one lynch to give us something, and right now what we have is jack shit. Sah lived and died and amounted to absolutely nothing visible in the game, and the only people to even vote for him were Viero and Raya. Make of that what you will.

With no better option at hand, I'm going after the no-posters.
Vote: Quaetam

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2009-02-05
Age : 23
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Catterick on Wed May 28, 2014 2:20 pm

JGH27 wrote:Catterick, keep in mind I said that I hate no lynches on day 1's. Now when I read the tally, to avoid a no lynch the only 2 true choices were you and Viero (now, when I just checked I see Sah also had 2 votes after the tally sheet I used). Because I'd hate to lynch a new player first dayphase I opted for Viero.

Saying this now as I couldn't last dayphase.
I'll concede that you hate no lynches on day 1, but to put a deciding vote on a quiet day phase, saying yourself that your reasoning is terrible just seems fishy to me. It's not unknown for you not to vote on day 1 if things are very confusing.

JGH27 wrote:Now, Viero went from Req, to Sah then WOULD have went with me but opted for a no lynch. While that seems kind of random and sketchy his no lynch vote is either a) a really good cover to hide possible mafia affiliations or b) just him throwing out some votes and seeing how people react.

Currently I'm leaving Viero be unless he says/does something to warrant further suspicion.
Despite your disclaimer at the end, I still think you're gunning for Viero based on you drawing suspicion on to him. And for what? Opting for a no lynch? Why not go for Minby or Dark Falco (Surge always No Lynches day 1 obviously)? Viero it seems to me just didn't want to die day 1, so he did the thing that would attract the least ire. If Viero was mafia, he would've kept his vote on Sah and asked me to vote Sah too, thereby saving himself from the lynch and getting rid of a (now confirmed) townie.

For those reasons you still look the a little suspicious to me, JGH.

Spont wrote:So with the tie yesterday we're basically back at square 1. Horrible as it may be, we sort of kind of need that completely random day one lynch to give us something, and right now what we have is jack shit.
Yesterdays vote was NOT a tie. At least not on paper. I had 2 votes and Vie had 3. So unless someone who voted me had a double vote, it wouldn't be a tie. Given that you were one of the people to vote for me, AND you brought up the idea of a tie, I'm wondering whether you are a double voter? Granted that would contravene what you just said about *wanting* a day 1 lynch, so I'm looking at Td260 as well.

With no better option at hand, I'm going after the no-posters.
Vote: Quaetam
That's not such a bad idea given the target. I'm pretty sure I saw Q come in and post before the day 1 deadline, but he neglected to do so in this thread. Why not? He's a prolific mafia poster. The times when he's been quiet he's been mafia. FoS: Quaetam

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  TD260 on Wed May 28, 2014 2:34 pm

Wow, it's the return of the Finger of Suspicion. XD


Anyway, I'm home from my small vacation, and ready to play for srs.

Let's kick this off with a bit of speculation, shall we?

Now, I know that flavor text is just for flavor, but the specific way that Sahrimnir died strikes me as... odd.

"Sahrimnir was surrounded by various effigy's and strange drawings on the walls and floor as if someone had done a ritual during the night, with Sahrimnir as the sacrifice. "


Now, I'm not saying it's cultists, because they usually don't have a kill role, (and it leaves the mafia kill unaccounted for)...

but it's totally cultists guys. Razz

Seriously though, there's something fishy about that phrasing.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4856
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 22
Location : Land of Precipitation and Procrastination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Wed May 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Catterick, if it helps, actually going through with lynching you wasn't my intention. It's your first day phase playing with us. That'd be some harsh shit.

Also I try to stay away from story fluff in lynch posts because the hints given there aren't usually very valid. Or at least shouldn't be.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2009-02-05
Age : 23
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Catterick on Wed May 28, 2014 3:27 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:Catterick, if it helps, actually going through with lynching you wasn't my intention. It's your first day phase playing with us. That'd be some harsh shit.

Also I try to stay away from story fluff in lynch posts because the hints given there aren't usually very valid. Or at least shouldn't be.
It doesn't bother me in the slightest that you were voting for me, but we need to establish why Viero didn't get lynched last day phase. The votes by my calculation:

Surge:1 (TJ)
Vie:3 (Fed, Req, JGH)
Sah:1 (Raya)
Spont:1 (Weldar)
Catterick:2 (Spont, Td)
Spoon:1 (Spoon)
JGH:1 (Catterick)

It seems to me that either it was part of Viero's skill set that he dodged it (something I find unlikely, given there was no hint towards that in the text), or that the votes were tied. The only likely way this is possible is if you or Td had a double vote to make me tie with Vie. Both of you have posted without confirming or denying, perhaps you don't want to make yourselves at target for the mafia. That's fine, but I'm wary that mafia double voters are possible as well, so we need to draw attention to it. Everyone else, be sure to count their votes next day phases.

Viero, any ideas as to why you weren't lynched?

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed May 28, 2014 3:51 pm

REALLY quick post as I am enjoying my time before graduation practice. But I was not killed last day because myself and no vote were tied.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Fedaykin on Wed May 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Relmitos wrote:- A tie is a no lynch

If I counted correctly, it was a tie between Viero and a no-lynch, hence he is still alive.

About the amounts of nightkills, that opens up space for interesting speculations, which may or may not proof to be useful later on. This is a rather small game. Usually, 1/4 of the players is Mafia, so let's assume 4 for now. I'd say, that there are 2 3rd parties max, if any(none seems to be unlikely though). Of course, there is the chance that somebody was saved from a bullet tonight, though keep in mind, that a regular SK wouldn't have any reason not to shoot(Relm might have put his own spin on it, he's been SK often enough to know the drill). If there is a vigilante out there, they are already doing a better job than I usually do by keeping it in their pants Razz Kidding aside, vigshots do have to count in a small setup.

/crackpot

About Q: I know, that he's being busy again taking over the worlddoing students politics. I saw him saying on skype, that he wanted to do a post, but apparently didn't manage to do it. I don't know, how much real life input should be given credit in this game, but I'd rather have him post once and say something before threatening with a noose neck massage. Same with DF, she just came back today from Europe.

There are a few others, who haven't had that much to say yet. TJ, you know this song already Razz Let's not repeat THAT dance again, please Razz

Oh yeah, Spooooooon? What happened there last dayphase? Hope you talk more this phase, I want to see some mayor action Razz

So yeah people, you and the others who I haven't mentioned(you know who you are), speak up!

On the other hand, I really like seeing all the activity from Catterick, Spont and especially JGH, reminds me of good old times killing and being killed by Weldar Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3161
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Catterick on Wed May 28, 2014 4:26 pm

Ohhh, I see. I wasn't aware voting "No Lynch" was an active vote that could counteract lynching a person. I'm an idiot, treat my previous post as invalid. Embarassed 4 people voted no lynch.

I swore I wouldn't make a newbie mistake and already I make a fool of myself.  Razz

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Minby_Aran on Wed May 28, 2014 5:22 pm

I didn't get on again to change my vote last night, but honestly, I probably wouldn't have condemned Vie to death anyway, so there's probably no difference there.

Sah does seem like a strange person to go after night 1, but on the other hand, no one seems to have any good ideas for what happened, I guess it was a good choice.

The flavor text really does hint at some action being used on Sah, and in our Mafia games, no one really shies away from using flavor to leave subtle hints, myself included, so I wouldn't discount that. First thing that comes to mind is that it may be a doctor protection that got hit by an unblockable kill, or possibly that he was targeted twice, which was why there was only one kill. He could also be the target of a cop scan, I'm not super big on FF, so others would probably be better at analyzing flavor than I am, but having an idea of what roles are in the game could be useful. Or this could be a waste of time, either way.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Quaetam on Wed May 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Catterick wrote:The times when he's been quiet he's been mafia. FoS: Quaetam

You're wrong about that, actually.  In an ideal game my strategy is to lay back for the first day and a half and watch trends more than post, and become active after Day 1/2. Surge put it well once when he said that I take a day or two to 'charge up' before attacking Razz.  Lately I've focused on posting active from the getgo with a greater emphasis on testing people for their reaction, because doing so creates controversy and debate, and makes the games more active, entertaining, and easy to decipher.  As a mafian/third party, my only real difference is in behind-the-scenes play - I work with teammates to coordinate where we act and if (and if so, when) they may need sacrificing (or when I should sacrifice myself)--the prime example being Game 14, where by working with a fantastic mafia team I was able to set myself up as lead townie and then orchestrated my own sacrifice, down to giving Raya the exact messages to send to Avalanche to get him to scan me.  

Anyways, enough dancing around the bush, onto this game.  The other night I posted my successful move into Boston and then got to work focusing on a post--Relmitos, however, pre-empted me with the phase shift, so i wasn't able to - I had expected the shift around 2 AM.  Thus, without further ado, here is my current ISO.  I'll give a few reads for now before I go out to eat.

I find it highly unlikely Td260 is town; primarily due to his continued facetious posting style as described earlier, I suspect he's a jester, but either way, jesters in TWBB don't lose the town the game historically.  He could be a mafian who is playing flagrantly flamboyant as a gambit but I don't see that worth it in a game this size - if he is, I'm impressed.  Worth a vigilante shot if we've got one, if not let's keep him on our radar for a late-game lynch.

Surgepox and Weldar are striking me on the scummier side; both are sort of active-lurking.  Nothing else to say about them yet.

FOS: JGH for obvious reasons stated very clearly by Catterick and others.

Vote: Spontaneous Combustion - Spont gets my vote for what I see as the biggest scumtell of the game so far.  A common mafia move we've seen throughout these games after a no-lynch Day 1 is to whack a low-activiy townie to perpetuate the Day 1 stalemate into Day 2.  Mafians then proceed to insist that they have no leads and point out the tragedy of the situation. However, as is often the case in those situations, we definitely have leads; Spont himself brought up the people who voted for Sahrimnir.  While this may seem reactionary given his vote on me, his vote on me definitely compounds this, because I haven't been active, and the mafia knows this as well as the town.  If the mafia is attempting to obfuscate us, the easiest way to do so is to kill a low-activity townie and push suspicion on someone who hasn't been a factor.  

TL;DR Spont pointed out potential leads on the people who voted for Sahrimnir, and then backed down from pursuing them in favor of voting for yet another nobody, who hasn't been present at all and thus has no leads associated with them.  Lynches are valuable in these early days when they're on a figure of contention and can produce reads to raise suspicion on players.  He seems to be making efforts to put the town in the dark.

I have other thoughts but I'll limit it to this for now as I want to see Spont's response.


Last edited by Quaetam on Wed May 28, 2014 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Quaetam on Wed May 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Also Requiem why is there a semicolon in the title. PLS Wink

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Fedaykin on Wed May 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Quaetam wrote:Also Relmitos why is there a semicolon in the title.  PLS Wink

fix'd Razz

I'll comment on your post tomorrow, I'm already tired and had some wine. Glad to see you post, though

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3161
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:28 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum