Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  TD260 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:47 am

I don't know about you guys, but last day phase I had not intended to vote for Minby. Someone forced my hand.  Mad 
Hence, someone in this game has a vote control. Neutral 

Now. If, and only if, catterick has a vote control, (since his role seems to surround voting ) then the vote controller is put to rest. However, I personally feel as if the person who requires a lynch also having a vote control power is kiiiiinda BS. >.>

So the question becomes who would benefit from me voting for minby? Who would benefit by my death? What if, hypothetically, Q wasn't a townie? What if Q is a third party role, and is just trying to force his personal win condition?  Shocked 

What if he's the remaining killer? What if he chose not to kill last night to frame me? I have no confirmation that I was roleblocked, but admittedly, that might just be relmitos's hosting style. I DID protect myself last night, for what it's worth.  Suspect 

For lack of a better theory, (since I don't put too much stock in the DF is a serial killer idea) I'm going to Vote: Quaetam  Neutral 

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:07 pm

Good try, but abysmally weak. Pure knowledge regarding the night TJ, Fed, and Spoon died has the mafia killing TheTJ while I killed Fed and DF killed Spoon. Thus I can't be Mafian. Furthermore there were two kills before night 6-DF killing J and someone killing Req - thus, we know here's a malicious killer alive and that it isn't me or DF, as DF killed someone else and I was jailed. I fully believe DF is innocent because otherwise the game would be over, and spont is proven by his connection to me. So no, you're not getting out of this.

Also even if you were a self protecting doctor you've played one of the worst doctor games I've ever seen-laying low and contributing nothing during the day is only viable as doc if you're trying to keep a near-confirmed townie alive. Makes no sense.  Laying low and only self protecting is just the worst strategy imaginable

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Well gee thanks. That's insulting.  Sad 

Also, my point was not that you were a mafian, but a third party with a separate win condition. >.>

But hey, sure, tell me more about how I'm abysmal. Please.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Sorry, I typed that at work.

Not insulting you as a player, not at all, just explaining that the strategy of laying low and self protecting is shitty. It is one of the most frusturaing things a doctor can do. Doctors should self protect if they make a target of them self, that way they can intentionally become a kill sink, but otherwise it's never worth it.   I was actually giving you credit - it's an awful doctor strategy so I don't remotely believe you'd do it; my point being that if you were actually a town doctor you'd be playing smart with it.

Not to mention all the other evidence, I brought this specifically up because it's an important point for people to be aware of. The primary role of a doctor is to reduce the mafia's kill rate at all costs, not to self-perpetuate.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Go ahead and backpedal, but the bike's in neutral.  Mad 

I didn't want to die, and the very fact that you're arguing this point rather than stating "your self protect didn't matter because of the alleged roleblock" throws a shadow of doubt into the claim that there even WAS a roleblock to begin with.  Suspect 

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:25 pm

No, it doesn't.  I already stated in my first post this dayphase that I roleblocked you.  Whether or not you self-protected doesn't matter at this point.  That's all that needs to be said.

Additionally, whether or not you have a doctor power, there's nobody else the killer could be at this point but you.  We know that a mafian is still alive, because there was a second kill (on Requiem) when I was in prison last night.  I know that this person cannot be Spont or DarkFalco, as Spont has been in contact with me the past two phases and DarkFalco killed JGH.

Last edited by Quaetam on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammars)

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:40 pm

Yeah the fact that TD didn't die even though roleblocked seems to cinch it for me. If he wasn't a godfather (with a night kill immunity) he'd be dead right now. So vote: TD

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:45 pm

Vote: td260

The only other choice here is that DF's a serial killer, and if that's the case, well fucking played.
Also if Q is a SECRET MAFIAN then my entire role was just a big middle finger from Relm because I was literally supposed to find him and contact him.

Which I kind of sort of doubt.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:00 pm

Day phase over!

Td was hung, he is a Fighter of the Crystal!

Game is over, the Warriors of Light have won!

I'll try to get up some stuff about roles Soon™.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:09 pm

Wooooo we did it! I think this is one of the few times I've won a game, even rarer that I survived to the end haha

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:11 pm

DarkFalco wrote:Wooooo we did it! I think this is one of the few times I've won a game, even rarer that I survived to the end haha

Great game guys!! DarkFalco, you actually made a fantastic vigilante.  You picked well, didn't hold back too much, and were in general thoughtful and productive.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:32 pm

BRAINS....BRAINS....BRAINS....

PS, I totally wanted TD lynched earlier....Razz

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:36 pm

Good game, well played everyone.

Shoutout to MVP scum td for being our only hope for so long!

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:02 am

Alright, I'm gonna try to get this stuff out. This is going to involve large pictures. Pictures I should've put in the role PMs, but I didn't. Ah well.

You'll see a lot of familiar roles, but most have been tinkered with in some way so it's not a direct carbon copy of G23.

Yes, I reused games a lot, but I decided who had what game didn't really matter, as long as the % chance of winning was roughly the same, as it only effected what their role did, not what their actual role does. And honestly, while I was making G23 I ran out of ideas as to unique games. I left out a few that I didn't feel worked out so well and just went with something else that I knew worked.

Town Roles part 1

1.) Role: Red Mage

Player: Quaetam
Alignment: Warrior of Light(Town)

Description: You are the Red Mage; Jack of all trades, Master of none. A fighter-mage that can utilize both black and white magic, as well as the arts of the sword. As such you have access to a wide variety of abilities, though when you can use them are not for you to decide. Your power will be decided by fate(Or RNG, whatever you wanna call it).

What you Actually Do: You pick a card from the two to the ace(So two, three, four, etc) and get a power according to the card you have drawn. Beware, the two will not necessarily be the weakest power, and the ace won't necessarily be the strongest power. The spread of powers are, 3 cops, 3 docs, 3 driver, 2 role block, 2 vig. Lastly, if you locate(act on) the Dancer, the two of you can work together and remain in contact for the rest of the game. You will not be lover bonded in the process.

Alright then, Quaetam the Red Mage. Everyone knows him, he gets shit done in these games more often then not, one way or the other. RNG was kind to him this game for the most part and he kept on drawing useful abilities, but half the time it didn't matter because Req trusted him about as far as he could throw him and jailed him for a few nights consecutively, if I recall correctly. Unlike G23, this game this role actually managed to link up with it's counterpart, though that had something to do more with how the counterpart didn't get night killed N1 this time. Poor Spoon, heh. Not entirely sure how active the two were behind the scenes because I let them converse via PMs, but none of them actually sent me copies about what they were talking about even though I asked, ah well. No big deal. Q actually had something of a network going on at the end of the game. This game was under a no PM rule, but there were a few exceptions, and q just happened to be on the receiving end of that every single time. As stated he was able to make Spont his ally, though he was wondering if he was actually a mafia in disguise at the end there. DF he was able to talk to over a night once because of the previously mentioned time spent as a jail bird. I'll get more on that when I get to the jailer, but that one night was enough. That made it really unfortunate for the mafia because Td went into the endgame with it basically being a 3v1, as evidenced by the 7th day phase, which was pretty much a farce. Great game, as per usual.

2.) Role: Dancer

(Was hard finding an image of a male dancer, heh, they were all females, to no one's surprise)

Player: Spontaneous Combustion

Alignment: Warrior of Light (Town)

Description: One would be remiss to relegate the arts of dance and combat to separate fields. A masterful dance can be the most lethal of weapons; a skillful fight, the most elegant of dances. Alas, there does exist one point of departure between the two. Whereas martial beauty is a byproduct of precise execution, the techniques of dance are a thing of beauty in and of themselves.
Dancing is found to encourage and instill morale in the practitioner's companions.

What you actually do: As a Dancer, you grant the target the lucky version of their role, strengthening their night action for that night. You are not allowed to pick the same target twice in a row. Does not affect every role. You must also locate the Red Mage. Do this simply by acting on him. Should you find him, the two of you can work together and remain in contact for the rest of the game. You will not be lover bonded in the process.

Spont had this great habit of sending me videos of the dance he was doing for whoever he targeted. It was really funny and amusing, so thanks for that. I'm kind of surprised he actually linked up with Q like he was supposed to. After going after each others necks D2 I thought that was it and the Dancer and Red Mage would again fail to find each other. It's unlikely for that to happen in the first place, there are a lot of people in the game after all. They did manage to find each other when Spont decided to dance the MC Hammer dance to Q, and then all was well for them. They made up in thread and basically cleared up another person so they could weed out the uncertains a bit faster. No, I wasn't mean enough to make the people that have to find each other opposite affiliations as was hinted at a few times in the main thread, but that would've been funny to see play out. From my point of view at least. Everyone else probably would've been really displeased with me about it. That all being said, Spont did well in the game. He tended to poke at people and try to get people talking and was all "I don't afraid of anything" and just went right after Q. Pulled it off well. Granted, discovering Q was the Red Mage helped out a good deal, but what can you do? Heh.  Unfortunately Spont's time zone doesn't actually match with mine, as has been noted throughout the thread a bunch, and he kept missing the explosions of activity that just decided to happen about 6 hours or more before I was going to call the phase.  Naught to be done though. Midnight is a great time for me to phase shift.

3.) Role: Corsair

Player: Viero

Description: Descendants of the dauntless pirates that once scourged the seas of the Near East, Corsairs rely on elaborate luck-based abilities to alter the stakes of battle.

What you actually do: every night you play a game of poker and the power you gain is based on the strength of your hand, getting progressively stronger as your hand gets stronger. They are, High Card: Bomb; Pair: Tracker; Two Pair: Death Speaker/Reviver(One or the other on the first one, then alternating each time.); from this point on I will allow you to fill in the blanks for these powers. I will let you know how I feel about them. Three of a kind: ______; Straight: _____; Flush: __________; Full House: ________; Straight Flush:__________; and finally, Royal Flush: Whatever the hell you can think of unless it absolutely breaks the game. I have the final say in this, though you can come up with as many ideas as you like. Be creative!

This role didn't play out as expected; Viero didn't really play along and didn't really give me any actions. That was pretty much it. Got hung day 2 and let's face it, we all know it sucks when you're one of the first to go, but was pretty lucky to have lived that long. As was stated in thread Minby targeted Viero with a driver that day and got swapped with Sah. Sah was night killed that Night. All in all, sorry you were voted off the isle so early, but someone has to go.

4.) Role: Time Mage (Driver)

Player: Minby

Description: As a Time Mage, you control the forces of time and gravity. Utilizing the two combined, you are able to swap the locations of two people.

What you actually do: You play a game of Black Jack, and your role alters like this. Your hand landing anywhere between 1-16, you are a normal driver. 17-21, the two people you pick will have their powers swapped the next night phase. To avoid purposely busting just in an attempt to hit between 17-21 without being afraid, if you bust, you must bus yourself with someone.

This was the first role that I came up with on how to change it for this game so people wouldn't just go, look back at G23, and know exactly what everyone's special role would do. This one I liked the idea of, and it worked better then expected. Most notably Night 3, which I will talk about in detail later. Night 3 was Minby's best play as a driver, but I don't know how to judge it. It both killed a mafian while "confirming" the final mafian as a townie role. This took the heat off of Td really quickly and easily and extended the game a great duration, making it last longer then G23 did. Overall it was a boon for the town though I do believe. Minby was a little slow at first, but at about the half way point when the playerbase was waning, Minby went at it full throttle. Did some interesting things during some of the night phases as well. Most notably choosing not to use his night power at all if it would've helped the cause. The night Q was jailed and was talking to Req and DF? Q advised DF to shoot at JGH since Minby would be a harder target to hit since he was a driver and what not, but that night Minby decided not to bus himself or anyone, just so the vig could do her job. If it meant sacrificing himself for the greater good of the town, so be it. Ironically not doing anything insured his survival that night. That's what he gets for being a team player, I suppose. GG there.

5.) Role: Oracle (Cop)

Player: Raya

Description: You chose the path of the Oracle, and when things go south, people look to you for advice on how to proceed. This is because as the Oracle, you are aware of things that they are not. You have the ability to look at people's true nature and discern their true intent.

What you do: You spin the roulette wheel. There are 20 slots to pick from, two sets of 1-10, one black, the other red. You pick seven number/color combinations. Should the roulette land on a number you have not picked, you are a normal Cop. Should the roulette land on a number you have picked, you get a one shot use of the power of the player your target visits that night.

One of the roles that didn't actually have an alternate "Super Power" to work with in G23, it took me some time to think of something that would work. No one would've seen it coming either, because there was simply nothing to go back and look at for a frame of reference, even though it wouldn't have helped anyone to do so anyway. I made it so that the scan wouldn't take the person she visited's power, but the one that person interacted with. I did that to avoid making her become a role scanner. It worked well...or at least I think it would've. RNGesus and RNGoddess weren't to kind to Raya this time around unfortunately, and the only time she got her lucky power was the day she was hung, so she didn't actually get to use it.

Raya was actually the first one to notice(or at least first to post, I think) that Td put "HELP" in his message, as big a lie as that was. Td and I thought that it would basically go unnoticed and nothing would come from it, but that ended up not being the case. All the same though, no one really cared enough about it to go about doing anything about it. Lucky for him to, if I was playing and he would've tried that, I would've suggested lynching him. If you recall from G9/10, the people pounced by the hunter could only type in a r g and h's, and they figured out a way to say "help" and such and the only way to really do so was to lynch the guy. Heh, if people would've tried that this game would've ended really quickly.

Earlier in the same post Raya asked if Catt had sent her the C.A.R.D. type object, that was not the case and Raya was never sent the Tenebrae Rune at all. She would've known if she had been, but that's basically a moot point anyway.

She did manage to help clear Req as the actual jailer though, actually having been jailed by him night 1. This confirmed another innocent and helped the discussion along by keeping it away from Req, allowing the town to press on other people.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:31 am

Town roles part 2

6.) Role: White Mage(Doc)

Player: Sahrimnir

Description: By using recovery spells and healing magic, white mages ensure a party's survival. With the power of white magic at your disposal, you have the ability to protect people from death blows that would otherwise surely have killed them without your aid.

What you actually do: To determine the strength of your ability, I will flip 10 coins. You must guess the correct order of 6 or more; if successful, your protection will linger for an extra night. Example: You have guessed H T T T H H T H T T, and the actual results are H H T H T H T H T T, your target will be protected for another night.

Not much to say here, Sah signed up, didn't post D1, died N1. As for his extra power, I tried to think of something that was still "Doctor like" but not something that became an elite bodyguard that didn't die when attacked because it was still technically a doctor. That seemed like the best idea. Didn't get to see how it played out though, which is unfortunate. Not for the mafia though, knocking off the doc night 1 like that.

7.) Role: Ranger (Vig)

(Image is a little bigger then I wanted for these, but it's too well done for me not to use it. So deal.)

Player: Dark Falco

Description: With unparalleled tracking abilities and skill with the bow and arrow, rangers are experts in the field of hunting.
If you so desire to submit yourself to the laws of nature, then go, listen to the voice of nature and wait for nature to run her course. If nature accepts us, then even we who lack fangs will be permitted to hunt as her rangers. 

What you actually do: I have picked a number randomly between 1-100, you guess a number and if your number is within 15 of mine, you get your upgraded power. If you guess wrongly, your role will simply be a normal vig shot. If you guess correctly however, you have a chance to miss the target only if it's a Warrior of Light, you still will hit mafians all the time. Do note, you cannot play the game then decide to shoot if you win or not, you must first lock in the shot and then play your game. Therefore, you still need to shoot carefully, lest you mow down more Warriors of Light then Fighters of the Crystal.

For a start, what DF was saying her role was during the game, wasn't quite right. I figured that a straight up "Shot that can't kill townies" was a bit OP and unfair towards the mafia, so I gated it behind three things to balance it somewhat.

First, she had to pick a target to shoot at before playing her game, that way she couldn't just wait to see if she wouldn't kill a townie upon shooting one accidentally before picking to fire.

Second, she had to play her number game and win it.

Lastly, after she had accomplished that, I flipped a coin to see if it would succeed.

Surprisingly, she succeeded at two and three more often then I would've expected. Luck was a lady tonight for DF, no joke.

As Q said, she did great as the vig. Picked good targets throughout the game, stayed active enough, and didn't stop shooting people Razz

Heh, in the N3 write up you mentioned something about the Chain Spell, that was just flavor, really. Eagle Eye Shot was you because that's the ranger special ability, and Q was the one who killed Fed and he used Chain Spell because that is the Red Mage special, simple as that.

Anyway, she played kind of like Minby in that she started off just a bit slow but really got fired up and made a ton of posts closer towards the halfway mark all the way until the game ended.

DF's targets I'll talk about later when I go over the night phases and wtf happened, everyone really wants to know about that part after all. Because my night phases go crazy at times. Maybe not Q game crazy, but still.

8.) Role: Paladin (Bodyguard)

Player: TheTJ

Description: Paladins specialize in close-range combat, just like warriors. However, through long hours of spiritual training, paladins have acquired the ability to cast white magic spells, making them even more valuable on the battlefield. 

What you actually do: To determine the strength of your ability, I will flip 10 coins. You must guess the correct order of 6 or more; if successful, for that night you will also track your target, following him/her around and seeing who s/he interacts with. Example: You have guessed H T T T H H T H T T, and the actual results are H H T H T H T H T T, you have gained the tracker half of your power.

This one admittedly I couldn't think of what to do for a stronger version of their power, as I didn't want an elite bodyguard and it's quite an obvious one. I decided with tracker he could at least maybe catch a mafian in the process of doing his thing if he bodyguarded one and his target visited someone that night who died.

His first post amused me. Little did he know at the time, his first RVS post was actually a vote on a mafian. Woo hoo! Good guess. TJ picked his bodyguard target wisely; on the night where no one else with a protective role(Unless you count driver as a protective role), just so happened to be the night the mafia made this brilliant ploy to kill Q, it just kind of backfired, and TJ took the shot for him instead. I'll get to that later.

9.) Role: Gambler

Player: JGH

Alignment: Warrior of Light

Description: Gambler's rely on chance and luck in battle, their abilities consisting of random effects that can be extremely powerful or detrimental. 

What you actually do: Your given a six sided die, and while it starts off blank, once during each phase (day and night phases) you may assign a single side a new power. When all six sides have a power, you can choose to replace them as you wish, but again, only one per phase. You can assign any power you like, the only limit is, if you decide to have any killing powers on it, you can only have two at most. Anything else you can have any number of, at my own discretion. I'll veto a power choice if I deem it necessary, but chances are it won't be a problem. Every night phase you'll pick someone and roll the die, whatever side it lands on determines what power gets used on your target. Pick your powers and targets wisely.

So, JGH and I talked a good bit back and forth throughout the game while he was alive. He told me he was really having a lot of fun this game, and that's great. That's the goal of this game, after all. Fun.
He gave me a lot of interesting dice powers and it eventually ended up as:

1: Cop Scan
2: Unblocka-kill(I spent some time thinking if I really wanted to include this in there, but I decided in the end that it would be alright and I let it go.)
3: Tracker
4: Vote Manip
5: Truth Serum
6: Cop Scan

For him he mostly managed to land on blank dice sides or cop scans, as it were. That post Td made day 7 where he said he didn't want to vote on Minby the previous day? That was actually the truth. JGH threw his die at Td and landed on 4, commanding Td vote on Minby. Truth Serum was going to make the target talk to me and give me 3 yes/no answers to questions supplied by JGH, iirc. Obviously I was going to limit the questions if they were going to be something like "Are you a mafian?" but he never rolled it, so it wasn't a big deal. Kind of a shame to, I think it would've been amusing to see how it played out. He was also suspicious of Td as early as page 6. Unfortunately though that day he was being hounded by Catt as JGH had the Tenebrae Rune at that point, so he didn't have much space to flesh that theory out any. Overall I liked his play; was posting pretty consistently and kept on coming up with theories and such. No complaints at all. Glad you had fun, man.

10.) Role: Judgemaster (Jailer)

Player: Requiem

Description: You are the Judgemaster, the arbiter of the law. It is your job to see those who commit evil deeds are sentenced to time in jail. However, with the recent murders as of late, throwing people in jail might be seen more as protection then a sentence.

Admittedly, this role went through some changes mid-game. First thing I did was ask a bunch of questions like the jailer did last game, just it worked better last game. It pained me to write the questions I sent to Raya night 1, because I knew no one would really understand it, but I just figured things would get picked and left it at that. D2 I decided fuck it, not doing that again, Req's playing blackjack to figure out the strength of his power and we'll call it a day.

What I did with his power was, if he got between 17-21 he would be able to jail one person, and call in a second person for a three way conversation. The extra person would not be jailed, would just be in the conversation for things. If he were to bust, he could still jail someone, just he would not be able to talk to the person if he did so. Q this is why you were unable to talk to your jailer at times; he busted trying for his boosted power. Random.org didn't get along with Req's game of black jack like it did for Minby; more then once Minby got between 17 and 21 with just the two initial cards I had drawn for him, but Req kept pulling just the card he needed to bust. However, the one night he did actually gain the boosted power, it had a huge effect on the game by allowing DF and Q to talk during a phase. This let Q convince DF who to shoot that night. Which is kind of ironic.....Q had drawn vig that night and was going to shoot JGH himself. Didn't quite work out that way. Req jailed Q a lot this game, not always helping the town out. I can't blame him for doing it, because let's face it, he was right. Some of those nights he jailed Q, there were no night kills. It just looked funny from where Req was standing. Though.....one night Q had drawn a doc power, told Req not to jail him in the middle of the day planning on doc blocking himself I believe, Req did it anyway, heh. Ah well, alls well that ends well, as they say.

11.) Role: Blue Mage (Role Nullifier)

Player: Weldar

Description: Employing the legendary arts of Aht Urhgan, these formidable fighter-mages employ elegantly curved blades for close combat, while decimating their enemies from afar with fell magic mastered from their opponents. 

What you actually do: I have picked a number randomly between 1-100, you guess a number and if your number is within 15 of mine, you get your upgraded power. If you guess wrongly, your role will simply block a target from all powers targeting that player but your target will still be able to act himself. If you guess correctly, instead of nullifying the power, you absorb it, gaining the ability to use the power for yourself once.

This version of this power would've been interesting in G23 after Lady Luck died; he would've had a choice of everyone's power and would see what was still left on the field at the time of getting every power. Not exactly how this one played out though, and that makes me kinda sad. Weldar only got his lucky power once I think, and that night he picked someone who wasn't targeted. Ah well. If this would've worked as I intended it he would've occasionally gotten the ability to do something nifty from time to time, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

He was sent the Tenebrae Rune from JGH N2 so he had it for D3. His decision where to send it from there was to Quaetam, which ended up really funny for a few reasons. The one time Catt didn't solve his puzzle was this night, so he had no idea who it actually went to. Just as well I suppose, trying to lynch Q would've been hard to do. Best part was when Q thought that Catt picked to send it to him. He seemed to have forgotten that the Lura doesn't send the Rune around more then once. Unfortunate.

Anyway, I'll finish this up later, 4 and a half hours of writing this stuff really really slowly isn't awesome. Mafia/third party roles next.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:11 am

That was a fun game. It's a shame Relm was injured in the middle of it because I was enjoying the write-ups.

On the charge of being the hound from hell, it was my first game and I was excited. Razz I really went for it on Day 2 because that was basically the only time I could choose who got the Rune (or so I thought...).

It wasn't a smart play though. I should've given the Rune to Vivienne, and then make her look suspicious by continuing to defend her as I was doing Day 1. Maybe even go after JGH a bit as a double bluff.

I do wonder if I could've got JGH lynched if I hadn't made that massive slip that Weldar immediately picked up on. In my view that was karma, it was a snarky little post that made its ill intentions clear and I was rightly punished for it.

After that I sort of went into damage control mode. I genuinely wasn't going for the people with the Rune because I didn't think they were suspicious: that was Weldar Day 3 and Q Day 4. Granted my paranoia later made my suspect Q but not as much as other people. I went for Minby because I did find him somewhat suspicious Day 5, and he was kind enough to give me the Rune the following day.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:35 am

Couple quick notes: I never truly suspected Spont of being mafia after we connected: I was aware that it was a possibility but a slim one at that. That talk was actually in awareness that DF could be serial killer. Lynching Minby could only go wrong if DF was SK; I wanted to make sure she thought the town wouldn't go after her following td's death. Consider it a desperate last resort backup plan sort of thing Wink

Regarding the mafia; I had td pegged as non-town since goddamn day 2; but then I was given a doctor protect when we switched and I looked elsewhere. In doing so I actually went against one of my top rules here: play based on the player's scuminess, not just their power (except for direct CC's). Weldar was lynched due to an over abundance of protector roles where everyone else had proven abilities, Minby was lynched because his lynch before td's would guarantee a town win, etc. It's a sign of a well-thought-out power game that playing the claim game actually hurt the town; kudos to relmitos for that.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:51 am

Easily the most fun I've had in mafia in a long time. I just wish I had gotten to use my power more, but I understand the importance of strategic non-use, and after I had claimed, I know a lot of things I could have done would have made me look worse, so I had to lay off. Still, both times I used it I had a big effect on the game, and in the end, it worked out. A lot of good play, Q, DF and Req all stand out for this, and TD basically played himself the best game he could. He really didn't have a chance at the end, but it wasn't his fault.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:38 am

My dice changed on my last night of living.

I swapped out my last cop scan (spot 6)

For this:

Suicide Pill: Following Dayphase, within 2 posts, the recipient must hang themselves. They may leave a suicide note but can not give details on being targeted or give any hints prior to their suicide (ie. If they post once before their final post they can not admit their life to coming to an end) The act must come as a surprise and end with "Goodbye: (insert name of anyone they wish to cast suspicion on. This will not be a valid vote) Beyond these rules the player may play as normal.

I really just wanted to come up with something unique and since I knew I was probably dead wanted to use something that could really make things interested. I wanted to roll THIS for TD260

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:33 pm

I only managed to scan one mafian this game...and that was Fed the night he died Razz

Really enjoyed this game, even though the RNG wouldn't play ball. Was definitely nice to play mafia again! Thanks for hosting it Relm, I had a lot of fun.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:41 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:All day 1 votes are jokes until they very conveniently fit some asshole's complete and total vivisection of your player profile and become the final nail in your coffin.

So there's that.
Looking back most of the mafia's Day 1 votes were suspicious. I called out Fed and Td on admittedly shaky reasoning... even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Laughing 

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:31 am

Great game, everyone. Extra props to Catterick for absolutely nailing his first game (with us or in general, I don't remember).

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:Great game, everyone. Extra props to Catterick for absolutely nailing his first game (with us or in general, I don't remember).

(that goes out to all to all of ya, btw)

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:47 pm

I'm in.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down