Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Quaetam on Wed May 28, 2014 5:44 pm

Just no dancing drunk please Wink.  

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Catterick on Wed May 28, 2014 11:02 pm

Looking back at his first post of this phase, Spontaneous does look suspicious. He seems a little too quick to say that we're fucked, throws some noncommittal suspicion on to Raya and Viero, and then goes over to vote off an inactive, a possible correlation with how an inactive was murdered last night. Essentially I'm parroting what Q said, but I feel I might as well echo to hopefully get a response from the players under suspicion.

Also wow Minby, I'm not sure I even understand some of what you said about what could've happened last night. I just assumed the mafia killed Sah and in the flavour they enjoy ritual sacrifice.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Relmitos on Thu May 29, 2014 12:27 am

Quaetam wrote:Also Requiem why is there a semicolon in the title.  PLS Wink


Because reasons and things.


Games are going out guys.

Votes:

Quaetam(1): Spont
Spont(1): Quaetam

Little action please, people.

Day ends in 22 hours and 33 minutes

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu May 29, 2014 6:00 am

Q, I voted for you mainly to make you come out of hiding. I'm happy to see that it worked.
First and last, what would actually be the point in pursuing whoever voted for Sah? I don't really believe the mafia is going to vote and nightkill the same person because of very obvious reasons. If you want to pursue the possibility that that line of action was actually their intention (REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY!!!), I wholeheartedly welcome you to do that. I just don't buy it at this point. I need to see more from Raya and Viero.

I'm keeping my vote on Q because he jumped at me like a terrified cat pushed into a corner. Doesn't sit right with his normally rather analytical and careful playstyle.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2009-02-05
Age : 23
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu May 29, 2014 8:35 am

@Cat: I'm basically baselessly speculating because I know it's pretty common to put subtle clues to what happened in the flavor text of night actions, and I really don't know what it could have been, because I'm not familiar with the theme. We'll be able to tell more when there's more than one nightphase out and patterns become more clear.

Spont...actually does have a point there. Q is usually more laid back early on, and he did come out more defensively than normal.

Something that I noticed about TD after Q made me go back, both of his posts have a " Razz " in them. I'm curious, because that could be a role requirement. Granted, it being required doesn't tell us much, it could be a requirement for a jester, a mafian, even just a normal happy guy role (And if there is a happy guy role included, that would just warm my heart)

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 9:07 am

Catterick wrote:
JGH27 wrote:Catterick, keep in mind I said that I hate no lynches on day 1's. Now when I read the tally, to avoid a no lynch the only 2 true choices were you and Viero (now, when I just checked I see Sah also had 2 votes after the tally sheet I used). Because I'd hate to lynch a new player first dayphase I opted for Viero.

Saying this now as I couldn't last dayphase.
I'll concede that you hate no lynches on day 1, but to put a deciding vote on a quiet day phase, saying yourself that your reasoning is terrible just seems fishy to me. It's not unknown for you not to vote on day 1 if things are very confusing.

JGH27 wrote:Now, Viero went from Req, to Sah then WOULD have went with me but opted for a no lynch. While that seems kind of random and sketchy his no lynch vote is either a) a really good cover to hide possible mafia affiliations or b) just him throwing out some votes and seeing how people react.

Currently I'm leaving Viero be unless he says/does something to warrant further suspicion.
Despite your disclaimer at the end, I still think you're gunning for Viero based on you drawing suspicion on to him. And for what? Opting for a no lynch? Why not go for Minby or Dark Falco (Surge always No Lynches day 1 obviously)? Viero it seems to me just didn't want to die day 1, so he did the thing that would attract the least ire. If Viero was mafia, he would've kept his vote on Sah and asked me to vote Sah too, thereby saving himself from the lynch and getting rid of a (now confirmed) townie.

For those reasons you still look the a little suspicious to me, JGH.

First off, perhaps I have gone with 'no lynches' in the past but if you notice I also tend to play differently every few games depending on my role, affiliation, and just my gut feeling. I have been deceived, tricked and victorious. Truth be told, I believe (I can be wrong here) my most active games I usually flip Mafian because the pressure of being lynched or targeted is less likely/not there.

Why would I go for Minby or Dark Falco if I WANT a lynching? Obviously I prefer a lynch as we can clearly now we're working with very little right now. My choices to succeed in a lynching and possibly bringing up some info on who is what were you, Viero or Sah (whom I didn't know when casting my vote had 2 votes on him). If DF or Minby had 2 votes I would have been more tempted to go their way.

Now this dayphase all we have to really work with is flavour text, which I believe is just that, flavour. Unless someone blocked a kill I find it odd that the Mafia wouldn't kill. So the cult theory, while still possible seems to just not fit in.

Q is back and in greater posts numbers. Did he scare easily? lol

Let's see who looks suspicious here:

I'm scummy for targeting Viero without much reason, yet 90% of day 1 votes are placed without much reason. If anything I feel I at least had a more legit reason than a few of them.

Dark Falco said after Wednesday she'd be more active, if we don't see a post from her this dayphase then I suggest putting her up next phase and seeing how she reacts.

Req seems to be a little quiet after stating very chirpy first day phase. Think perhaps the Mafia told him to lay low because he drew some unexpected/unwanted attention to himself by being called out by Raya?

Viero has been quiet today.

Q, like Spont said did come out guns a blazing on Spont when he received a vote. Seems awfully reactionary. Unless they're both mafians and trying to prove ones 'innocence' by getting the other lynched therefore becoming 'untouchable'. I really don't believe this though as it'd be a very dumb move this early in the game when the Mafia probably doesn't feel at all threatened. We're still in the dark here.

Spont, because he threw some stones and went with Q. Now here's a question for Q, you say I'm scummy for obvious reasons and yet I voted for someone I threw a stone at. Now you're mad at Spont for throwing stones and going in a different way lynch wise. How can we both be 'obviously' scummy if we both essentially did the opposite thing?

Then there is TD whom, as Minby pointed out likes to use the tongue emote. It could be a hint or it could be nothing. I think if he continues using it this dayphase then its something to look into.

Spoon posts once then disappears. I checked his twitter to maybe catch him being active elsewhere but his last tweet was May 23rd. His voting for himself could mean he's a jester as well. I'd like to see a post by him this dayphase.

Catterick NOT because he voted for me but because of the very high enthusiasm, and almost hound dog like approach to the game. The second you poorly word something, BAM you're in the jaws of a rabid dog. This can be useful or a great negative. Problem here is, like Raya stated, that we don't have the advantage of knowing his playing style whereas he knows us pretty well. A solid advantage to either side.

Raya has seemed a bit quiet this game as well. Seems to be a very quiet game overall, which works in the mafia's favour.


I say if no one is lynched this dayphase we're relying heavily on flavour text and not much else next round. I'm not sure who to vote for yet so I am going to wait a little longer before casting my vote.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4215
Join date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 9:13 am

Q is right, Weldar and Surge have BOTH been quietly lurking....and that doesn't strike me as good.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4215
Join date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu May 29, 2014 9:36 am

This doesn't really have to do with JGH's post or anything, but to further elaborate on a point I forgot to bring out in my last post,

Someone, most importantly Q, please explain to me why is voting for the no-posters a mafia tactic? Face it, the passive players are the enemy. The town is already working with pretty much nothing to hold on to, and deliberately choosing not to participate at all is only helping the mafia maintain their shroud of secrecy. We like to have every possible mafia candidate, i.e. EVERY-GODDAMN-ONE, to be at the front at all times, because a dayphase-active mafian is much, much less dangerous than a mafian playing it safe and staying in the shadows. A mafian at the front has a much, much bigger chance to accidentally give us something to doom him- or herself, but a mafian in the shadows is like a little stone lodged in your urinary tract. A small problem that's going to lead into lots and lots of pain and bleeding later on.

That was disgusting. I apologize.

Anyhow, just putting this on the table. If you're purposefully staying at the back, you are actively working against the town, and I (and hopefully other people too) will target you, period.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2009-02-05
Age : 23
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Weldar on Thu May 29, 2014 10:28 am

For what it's worth, I'd actually written up a post before the dayphase ending switching my vote to Viero but it was ninjad by night. The basis of it was mostly getting an actual lynch, especially with all that vote hopping she did had the potential to leave some interesting records. She did jump into self defence mode very quickly which can be a bit of a red flag, but on a low activity sort of day isn't necessarily the wrong move. I also found it odd how attached to the idea people weren't voting for the Catterick of their own volition, especially saying Spont was probably being controlled in one post, Td I can understand thinking that of given how his posts were pretty odd, but Spont perfectly normal, just throwing down a joke vote on a newbie.

As for the choice of targetting Sah, honestly given that he'd yet to even post I think what we may have on our hands is a mafia choosing to kill a lurker rather than a big name to make the game more interesting, its definitely a tactic some people are fond of and it does run with the practical side of making it very unlikely the kill gets doc blocked or the like.

Minby_Aran wrote: I'm not super big on FF, so others would probably be better at analyzing flavor than I am, but having an idea of what roles are in the game could be useful. Or this could be a waste of time, either way.

Now flavour claiming is against the rules, and I can only speak for myself but my role is more of a general thing than a specfic class and while the power has some link the flavour its not super strong outside of its lucky boosted part. I'm honestly not that sure we'll be able to pull all that much out of flavour knowledge this game, didn't Relm even say the theme was one of the last things decided on this game.

Q can come out the gate pretty strong at times, and him being quiet is definitely always tied to him being busy (a common occurrence) more than affiliation and his post didn't strike me as being overly defensive. That said I must admit there were some parts that did bug me about it.
Jumping straight to definitely not town on TD seems way too strong. The tone's been weird in places but he's still overall (today especially) come across as a weird version of himself than being full on look at me I'm super scummy guys, and it seems a bit too obvious for the being subtlety scummy jester approach. The overuse of smilies made me jump straight to thinking some sort of happy guy or other sort of speech restriction, they make it very obvious he's trying to seem out of character. Now there's nothing stopping happy guys or other such speech restricted roles from being non town but I certainly wouldn't go as far as saying he's definitely non town.
Spont I'm wishy washy on, the quick lurker vote on Q was definitely odd. Prodding a lurker to try and force a response is certainly not a tactic I'd disagree with but Q's an odd choice to do that with since he has a history for being very busy and total radio silence from him pretty much always means that. The brining up Viero and Raya didn't really strike me as a whole lot of trying to push some suspicions without voting for them, people tend to prefer bringing up the people the deceased voted for as a, maybe they were knocked off for being onto something, the people who voted them being responsible doesn't even have a dodgy logic chain like that. It is an odd sort of thing to bring up but I know I've certainly just thrown out a random though just to keep in mind before.
J I wasn't really all that suspcious of, though his last post just now does make me a little more uneasy. Opposing a vote while still actually voting for it is certainly scummy (though that's also assuming that Viero isn't a mafian here) but the post that got him the flak in question struck me as more of a, this is sheepy but I think its better than nothing than this vote sucks but I'm still voting it. This recent post is throwing out a lot of suspicions without actually committing to much which can be somewhat scummy, mafians like having someone else start their bandwagons for them but at the same time I guess its not exactly too out of character for J.

The part of Q's posts that really bothers me is the active lurker bit. Now active lurking is one of the most scummy things and calling out me I totally get, I actually agree 100% I look that way now and historically that's a huge scum tell for me, I like playing the innocent side way more the mafia one and thus generally have a lot more motivation to play when innocent. But the fact of the matter is, I haven't really gotten back into the swing of mafia with this game; I've been playing very reactionary, I put of a post long enough to miss the day deadline yesterday, I hit the post reply button on this post like 12 hours ago then spent my day doing all manner of other things instead of posting, I even submitted a night action on a player who isn't actually in the game last night by accident, I am just not playing like I used to.
But the thing that bothers me isn't the calling out me, it's calling out SurgePox for active lurking. SurgePox only has one post, and its his usual day 1 advocating a no lynch, which adds about as much as one of the meaningless day 1 joke votes, which puts him in the same boat as a bunch of other people like TJ, Spoon or DarkFalco, not active lurking just regular old fashioned not really posting lurking. Sure Surge is usually a somewhat active player, but he usually doesn't do much more than the no lynch discussion day 1 and there's a whole lot of people who've been quiet today, calling him out specifically strikes me as really odd, there's nothing more to him than there would be a lurker vote, something Q was criticizing Spont for earlier. If it was just me being called out for active lurking I'd understand but grouping Surge in there almost strikes me as like, laying the groundwork to make someone look suspicious with what seems like a strong argument when there's actually very little there.

All that said and done I'm still somewhat tempted to go with the Spont road but the thing with Surge and the being so quick to jump to non town with TD are bothering me enough that I think I'll go with a
Vote: Quaetam

Also in answer to your question about voting lurkers Spont, you're right that lurkers generally don't help the town, a lurker is hard to get a read on without either an action like a scan or just killing them, but the thing is because of this lurkers are a very easy vote, and mafians love pushing for an easy vote even if you get a town lynched there's less accountability for them. Like the day 1 no lynch easy votes also tend to leave less useful voting records so you don't want to be too ovezealous on the lurker lynching, they're better used as an option when other leads are exhausted rather than being gung ho and go for them all right from the get go

_________________

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2008-09-27
Age : 23
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Catterick on Thu May 29, 2014 11:03 am

Minby wrote:Something that I noticed about TD after Q made me go back, both of his posts have a "Razz " in them. I'm curious, because that could be a role requirement. Granted, it being required doesn't tell us much, it could be a requirement for a jester, a mafian, even just a normal happy guy role (And if there is a happy guy role included, that would just warm my heart)

Don't forget about Fedaykin as well, every post he's made has had Razz in it, including one with a grand total of 5 razz smileys. I would like to know what this means, and if they are capable of posting without that smiley.

Oh tongue smiley, why are you so unpopular

JGH27 wrote:
Catterick wrote:
JGH27 wrote:Catterick, keep in mind I said that I hate no lynches on day 1's. Now when I read the tally, to avoid a no lynch the only 2 true choices were you and Viero (now, when I just checked I see Sah also had 2 votes after the tally sheet I used). Because I'd hate to lynch a new player first dayphase I opted for Viero.

Saying this now as I couldn't last dayphase.
I'll concede that you hate no lynches on day 1, but to put a deciding vote on a quiet day phase, saying yourself that your reasoning is terrible just seems fishy to me. It's not unknown for you not to vote on day 1 if things are very confusing.

JGH27 wrote:Now, Viero went from Req, to Sah then WOULD have went with me but opted for a no lynch. While that seems kind of random and sketchy his no lynch vote is either a) a really good cover to hide possible mafia affiliations or b) just him throwing out some votes and seeing how people react.

Currently I'm leaving Viero be unless he says/does something to warrant further suspicion.
Despite your disclaimer at the end, I still think you're gunning for Viero based on you drawing suspicion on to him. And for what? Opting for a no lynch? Why not go for Minby or Dark Falco (Surge always No Lynches day 1 obviously)? Viero it seems to me just didn't want to die day 1, so he did the thing that would attract the least ire. If Viero was mafia, he would've kept his vote on Sah and asked me to vote Sah too, thereby saving himself from the lynch and getting rid of a (now confirmed) townie.

For those reasons you still look the a little suspicious to me, JGH.

First off, perhaps I have gone with 'no lynches' in the past but if you notice I also tend to play differently every few games depending on my role, affiliation, and just my gut feeling. I have been deceived, tricked and victorious. Truth be told, I believe (I can be wrong here) my most active games I usually flip Mafian because the pressure of being lynched or targeted is less likely/not there.

Why would I go for Minby or Dark Falco if I WANT a lynching? Obviously I prefer a lynch as we can clearly now we're working with very little right now. My choices to succeed in a lynching and possibly bringing up some info on who is what were you, Viero or Sah (whom I didn't know when casting my vote had 2 votes on him). If DF or Minby had 2 votes I would have been more tempted to go their way.

Now this dayphase all we have to really work with is flavour text, which I believe is just that, flavour. Unless someone blocked a kill I find it odd that the Mafia wouldn't kill. So the cult theory, while still possible seems to just not fit in.

Q is back and in greater posts numbers. Did he scare easily? lol

Let's see who looks suspicious here:

I'm scummy for targeting Viero without much reason, yet 90% of day 1 votes are placed without much reason. If anything I feel I at least had a more legit reason than a few of them.

Dark Falco said after Wednesday she'd be more active, if we don't see a post from her this dayphase then I suggest putting her up next phase and seeing how she reacts.

Req seems to be a little quiet after stating very chirpy first day phase. Think perhaps the Mafia told him to lay low because he drew some unexpected/unwanted attention to himself by being called out by Raya?

Viero has been quiet today.

Q, like Spont said did come out guns a blazing on Spont when he received a vote. Seems awfully reactionary. Unless they're both mafians and trying to prove ones 'innocence' by getting the other lynched therefore becoming 'untouchable'. I really don't believe this though as it'd be a very dumb move this early in the game when the Mafia probably doesn't feel at all threatened. We're still in the dark here.

Spont, because he threw some stones and went with Q. Now here's a question for Q, you say I'm scummy for obvious reasons and yet I voted for someone I threw a stone at. Now you're mad at Spont for throwing stones and going in a different way lynch wise. How can we both be 'obviously' scummy if we both essentially did the opposite thing?

Then there is TD whom, as Minby pointed out likes to use the tongue emote. It could be a hint or it could be nothing. I think if he continues using it this dayphase then its something to look into.

Spoon posts once then disappears. I checked his twitter to maybe catch him being active elsewhere but his last tweet was May 23rd. His voting for himself could mean he's a jester as well. I'd like to see a post by him this dayphase.

Catterick NOT because he voted for me but because of the very high enthusiasm, and almost hound dog like approach to the game. The second you poorly word something, BAM you're in the jaws of a rabid dog. This can be useful or a great negative. Problem here is, like Raya stated, that we don't have the advantage of knowing his playing style whereas he knows us pretty well. A solid advantage to either side.

Raya has seemed a bit quiet this game as well. Seems to be a very quiet game overall, which works in the mafia's favour.


I say if no one is lynched this dayphase we're relying heavily on flavour text and not much else next round. I'm not sure who to vote for yet so I am going to wait a little longer before casting my vote.
Wow, that's a lot of suspicion thrown very wide. I hate to say it but it seems very mafia like to me: instead of honing in on one player you cast suspicion on everyone, because in almost all circumstances a mafia will be targeting an innocent for the lynch, and once that's revealed they will have awkward questions to answer if they pushed too hard or quickly.

Now regarding my "rabid dog" play style, I truly apologise if it's annoying to be at the other end of it, as I'm not a confrontational person in real life.

With that out the way, my general feeling on this phase so far is that there is some correlation between JGH and Spont's posts. They're both throwing suspicion on to the less active players when we have plenty to discuss here. Spont voted Quaetam immediately and defended the idea of lynching inactives, while JGH has attacked 5 players for inactivity (plus 2 more in a follow up post) and deemed me suspicious because of my "very high enthusiasm"! Why would a player object to more debate in the thread, unless they were a mafia in the firing line?

Vote: JGH27

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Requiem on Thu May 29, 2014 1:24 pm

I've been quiet. Sooooo very quiet. There were hardly any posts out when I last checked, combined with with the fact that there was a no lynch Which Is Useless, I had nothing to go on. I've also been busy lately. I'm actually behind on a lot of stuff that I've been meaning to get done. I don't really have any reads, like... At all. I'm bad at this. I do know that Lurkers killed the last mafia game I was in (Which just finished a couple of days ago on the SA forums), and I'm pretty upset about that. So for that I'm going to Vote: Raya

Requiem
Savior in Green

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 25
Location : Twin Lake, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Raya on Thu May 29, 2014 2:10 pm

JGH27 wrote:
Raya has seemed a bit quiet this game as well.
I go out on Wednesdays straight from work, so I'm usually not online between Tues-Thurs evening, hence not posting since last phase.

Sah seems an odd target to kill at this point of the game, if I'm honest. If Q's suggestion that it was to prolong the no-lynch indecision is correct surely another target, such as DF, would have been a better choice since Sah had already been voted on. Either that or it was a pisspoor attempt to throw suspicion on me.

Catterick and Viero's relationship is throwing up flags. Viero is acting suspicious anyway with vote-switching last phase, and today Catterick seems almost defensive of him. Viero hasn't done anything convincing to show he's town, but Catt appears to be strongly leaning towards his innocence. This line certainly jumped out at me:
Catterick wrote: If Viero was mafia, he would've kept his vote on Sah and asked me to vote Sah too, thereby saving himself from the lynch and getting rid of a (now confirmed) townie.

Why exactly would Viero be asking Catt in particular? Hmm.

FoS: Viero
FoS: Catterick


Q brought up a good theory about Spont, but what struck me is that Spont counter-accused by saying Q jumped like a cat in a corner...which is exactly what he himself has been doing. Veiled threats, no actual attempt to look for any mafians. The only thing that makes me hesitant to place my vote on him is his role hint in his previous post. Yes it could be a bluff, but if not it could mean we lose a strong townie role. Arrgh.

Vote: Viero

I'm reserving judgement on Spont for now, and I think how Vie turns up could reveal a few things.

_________________
HG/SS Friends Code: 2364 8721 9695   B/W Friends Code: 2193 7770 9554   X/Y Friends Code:1805-2682-3033
"Foxes never lose their tricks, do they?" - Quaetman
"We'll be going about our business one day and then someone will be like "hm, where's Barda" and Raya will all suspiciously be like "WELL DON'T LOOK AT ME"..." - Rocket Admin Camilla
King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4559
Join date : 2009-08-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Catterick on Thu May 29, 2014 2:34 pm

Raya wrote:
Catterick and Viero's relationship is throwing up flags. Viero is acting suspicious anyway with vote-switching last phase, and today Catterick seems almost defensive of him. Viero hasn't done anything convincing to show he's town, but Catt appears to be strongly leaning towards his innocence. This line certainly jumped out at me:
Catterick wrote: If Viero was mafia, he would've kept his vote on Sah and asked me to vote Sah too, thereby saving himself from the lynch and getting rid of a (now confirmed) townie.

Why exactly would Viero be asking Catt in particular? Hmm.
Honestly, I threw that out there because I thought Viero might pick up that I was defending him on Day 1, and thereby ask me to vote for Sah. Which was silly because unlike me he understood that the No Lynch votes were winning, and he wasn't really in that much danger. Either way we're not affiliated.

I'm not at all sold on Viero's innocence, simply his lack of suspicious behaviour. Like Requiem he seems to draw a lot of negative attention in games without doing anything, making him an easy lynch for the mafia. Defending him Day 1 was a way of drawing out JGH's reaction, whose vote I found suspicious, which to me has yielded some further suspicious behaviour (see my previous post for my thoughts on that).

But I do have a hunch that by killing Sah last night, a player who contributed and yielded nothing, the mafia gave their tacit approval for how the debate was going on in this thread at the time: specifically, the suspicion on Viero. If Vie was mafia they might have killed a more high profile player to create a different debate today and put him in the shadows.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 2:37 pm

Raya, I think you may be on to something there. I fear voting for either Viero or Catterick but certainly both seem a bit scummy.

I'm going to Vote: Surge because the person I want to vote for has made me feel uneasy.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4215
Join date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu May 29, 2014 3:22 pm

@Weldar's point of lynching the inactive: Of course, mindless lynching of that sort is a bad idea, that's obvious. It's just that I feel the best way to keep people posting is to take that stance and make sure it's unhealthy to stay in the shadows. Fuck staying in the shadows. If you are out of the spotlight, my first thought is that you've got something to hide. And if you're not playing the game, you weren't deserving of a win anyway.

Unless you're a jester, in which case, fuck you and congratulations.

Still reserving judgement on the whole Viero-Catterick angle. Might need to do some rereads here.

EDIT: Also, Raya I seriously have no idea if you're taking mine or Q's side there. Could you sort of be more specific who you are referring to in which sentence? Thanks.


Last edited by Spontaneous Combustion on Thu May 29, 2014 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : doo dee doo i am an edit-mongling whore)

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2009-02-05
Age : 23
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 3:31 pm

I think Raya was intentionally vague there, Spont.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4215
Join date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Fedaykin on Thu May 29, 2014 3:34 pm

If I am correct, it is 6 hours 30 minutes until night

If I'm correct, Q has 2 votes while Spont, Viero, JGH and Raya have one. Need to read through this once more before I commit to anything.

EDIT: forgot about Surge having a vote there

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3161
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu May 29, 2014 3:59 pm

JGH27 wrote:I think Raya was intentionally vague there, Spont.
This isn't completely impossible.

Okay, Catterick's slip-up about 'Viero asking him' is truly some shady shit, but I still can't quite see it. It's the new guy and I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt for now, only if to let him play for a while longer. It'd be kind of sucky to throw him out of the game at this point.
And if, just if that slip-up means they're affiliated, I don't think there's any way in hell that they're both mafia. I don't know much about Cat, but he certainly isn't that stupid. Also, Viero himself hasn't done much to deserve suspicion from me. He's just being Viero. I've participated in lynching Viero for being Viero for too many times already.

My other main suspicion is TD260 for siding with me on voting Cat day 1 and for being kind of weird and unhelpful. Or would be, but I can't actually act on that because I would sort of be crapping my own bed there. "Yeah, this guy is evil because he voted for this guy! Which is what I did, too! I'm not evil by the way!"

The huge mass of inactives baffles me again.

Q worries me as always. He hasn't even responded after his initial post, which might have understandable real life reasons, but doesn't do much to make my suspicions go away. For now I'm keeping my aim straight at him, come hell or high water.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2009-02-05
Age : 23
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Catterick on Thu May 29, 2014 4:17 pm

Spont, thanks for the defence, I think your scepticism is well founded. But really, there's no need to go easy on me just because I'm new. If you really want to test my allegiance, join me in voting for JGH. I'm pretty sure he's the best lead as mafia. If he dies and turns town, I'm willing to face the consequences. I know this is putting myself on the line, but I want to make an impact on this game and prove that a new player can get shit done.

I'm also beginning to get annoyed at the inactives, but I guess we just have to hope they have their real life reasons.

My other suspicions are just vague crap about Td, Feday, or Q. Nothing substantial basically.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Quaetam on Thu May 29, 2014 4:51 pm

Spont, for all your talk about a cat freaking out in a corner you're blowing this to insane proportions.  I might be misreading due to the extreme language in your posts, but continuing to press your defense as much as you have without either a response from me or any pressure from others feels like an insane overreaction.  I gave you one vote and stated it was subject to change.

Regarding the vote, you're off-base about its reasoning. 

First, your approach to the post that triggered it is something I've found to be the single most common day 2 mafia trend following a no-lynch day 1.  Continue to insist town has no leads despite leads being clearly present (and even pointed to in your post), then ignore those leads and leave people in the dark by trying to push the wagon an entirely known direction.  

Next, I'm not bothered by the fact that you didn't go for Raya or Viero, it's the way you brought them up.  You claim, regarding Raya and Viero, is as follows:

"I don't really believe the mafia is going to vote and nightkill the same person because of very obvious reasons. If you want to pursue the possibility that that line of action was actually their intention (REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY!!!), I wholeheartedly welcome you to do that. I just don't buy it at this point. I need to see more from Raya and Viero." - Spontaneous Combustion

However, your language in the post you brought them up:

"Sah lived and died and amounted to absolutely nothing visible in the game, and the only people to even vote for him were Viero and Raya. Make of that what you will." - Spont

That doesn't line up with your claimed reasoning.  What I see happening is you highlighting how uninvolved Sah was and pointing out the two players who voted for him, then leaving and moving on to vote for someone completely different (and theretofore uninvolved as well).  If you were a townie, and you decided not to vote for Viero or Raya due to the reasons you described above, you'd either say not bring them up, or mention why they aren't worth a vote.  All that literally just bringing them up like the way you did will accomplish is to nudge people to consider them as a voting option -- while not as extreme as a vote, this is the opposite action you'd take if you don't buy their guilt.

@Weldar's point of lynching the inactive: Of course, mindless lynching of that sort is a bad idea, that's obvious. It's just that I feel the best way to keep people posting is to take that stance and make sure it's unhealthy to stay in the shadows. Fuck staying in the shadows. If you are out of the spotlight, my first thought is that you've got something to hide. And if you're not playing the game, you weren't deserving of a win anyway. -Spont

Finally, while I agree that inactivity sucks, now isn't the time to pursue it.  We have had material to go on, and it's so early in the game that your choice to jump on an inactive NOW is incredibly opportunistic. 

Regarding myself as your choice of inactive to pursue, pretty sure I'm working a summer job at the moment.  Sorry, but I haven't responded because I have more important things going on in my life.  Most people were aware beforehand and those who didn't know before should know through my first post after the dayphase.  I can understand how you might not have been aware of this from the start but the fact that you continue to ignore this fact and try to paint me as hiding in the shadows is more than a little shady. 

All of this being said I have a lot of thoughts on others, but I'm going to withhold them until I return from dinner.


Last edited by Quaetam on Thu May 29, 2014 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  TD260 on Thu May 29, 2014 4:51 pm

Catterick wrote:Ohhh, I see. I wasn't aware voting "No Lynch" was an active vote that could counteract lynching a person. I'm an idiot, treat my previous post as invalid. Embarassed 4 people voted no lynch.

I swore I wouldn't make a newbie mistake and already I make a fool of myself. Razz

No harm, no foul. Razz


Anyway...

Spont, why did you vote for Catterick? I voted for Him because he voted for me, and then I went on a vacation without proper internet. By the time I got back to the hotel, I was too tired to care and then the dayphase ended, so my vote remained unchanged. I also take offense to the "weird and unhelpful" comment.

Moving right along, I'm going to address a point of Catterick.

In the past, the targeting of inactives has been used by both sides of the town, to varying Effect. One game, they eliminated almost the entire mafia that way, simply because the mafians were attempting to "stay Low" and "keep to the shadows"... which made them appear inactive, and were thus lynched.

Then there was a game where the mafians were the ones leading the charge on the inactives, because it was an easy way to whittle down the town numbers, since the inactives were unlikely to object to being lynched.

Point is, it's not necessarily a scummy thing to hunt inactives... It's inherently a somewhat unengaging strategy, since they won't fight back.

Raya does have a Point, but I'm willing to give the newbie the benefit of the doubt here; I don't know enough about his speech patterns to simply write it off as a miscommunication.

So. Let's address the elephant in the room. Namely, why is everyone so up in arms about my use of emoticons? Seriously, this has taken up most of the discussion of today. What is so wrong about my choice of expression? Will I soon be placed upon the block for invoking the mighty What a Face ?

Perhaps you wish to snip my mortal coil for the sacrilegious act of the dreaded lol!

Heavens forbid the day that I choose to bring out the jocolor , queen , or afro face!

On another, More serious note... JGH, I've seen you throw an awful lot of accusations around today. Most of which has been backed by legitimate justification... Until this.

I'm going to Vote: Surge because the person I want to vote for has made me feel uneasy.

I... What? Are you voting for surge because he's your second pick? Are you voting for surge because he's making you feel uneasy? What's making you feel uneasy? Why is surgepox unsettling you? I mean... It's not that I don't think it's a legitimate vote. The guy hasn't said anything since day 1, and that was to support the no-lynch. Either he's inactive and thus not very useful, or he's trying to not draw attention to himself. But... I'd really appreciate it if you explain your reasoning a bit further.


On a related topic, Weldar brought a lot of good points to the discussion, and a lot of points that I don't necessarily agree with. First of all, I don't have nearly as much dislike regarding the "Active lurker" gameplay as he does, and I don't quite feel that Q is guilty because of it.

Speaking of Q, again, he had a number of decent points, but he and Weldar both focused on the wrong thing- namely, my speech patterns. There is no reason for my Eclectic use of emoticons to be called into question. Razz

I... I'm going to have to Vote: JGH27

I'm not really sure if you're mafian or just misguided in your posts, but I can't just sit around and vote for nobody. It's day two. We need progress, and Catterick is making the most sense right now.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4856
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 22
Location : Land of Precipitation and Procrastination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Fedaykin on Thu May 29, 2014 5:31 pm

So this late dayphase is a mess. Didn't really have the time for mafia today and now it is coming back to steal my sleep.

Q is definately more emotional in this one post than usual...then again, you have to keep in mind: we had a long long break playing Mafia. Things change, like Weldar said about himself. Same with Spont. Last time I remember him playing this aggressively was back in game 10. JGH posted a textwall, I can't remember seeing this ever. My point is, that things might have changed. Maybe we need to readjust our filters and keep the focus a bit more on what was said and not entirely how it was said.

I understand Spont's point for not letting Q off the hook. Also, I disagree with Q's reasoning. I do believe, that Spont is more clever than to push for you, Quaetam, if there are other inactives readily nearby. It was a poke at a guy, who usually has insightful things to say, only it wasn't satisfying enough for Spont to change his mind(I guess being voted doesn't help either).

The Viero - Catterick Connection:

Viero certainly appears to be the center point of the last dayphase. He is a bit of erratic player, as we are all aware, but today, he basically vanished. In combination with Catterick's defensive behaviour about him and a line that might be a scumslip, knowing his alignment would clear up a few connections, including J. I do agree, that especially the post including his vote was unsettling, but I feel, that we get more leads out of a Viero lynch.

Vote:Viero

Requiem is also worth pointing out. Odd behaviour or not D1, his vote on Raya is just that, a vote without any explanation. Just saying hi, here's me doing mafia stuff, see ya. That is worth looking into another dayphase.

Then there is Minby: he posted, but actually said nothing. A speculation about his patent role, happy guy and fluff speculations.

Edit: holy shit, 2 minor textwalls while typing. Sorry, no, can't do, I need sleep, gotta get up for work in the morning.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3161
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Requiem on Thu May 29, 2014 6:27 pm

Hey, hey, I had my reasons for voting Raya (I don't actually, it's a gut feeling). I've been busy all day. I live on a farm. It's the space between spring and summer. I'm going to be busy a lot during the day.

Requiem
Savior in Green

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 25
Location : Twin Lake, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  SurgePox on Thu May 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Hey sorry for being an active lurker, I am being cautious this phase because I don't really have any intrepid reasoning to lead on anyone, and in fact, I think early pressure is good but some of these fast bandwagons are bothering me, which funnily enough, is giving me a line opf reasoning to post about.

It is my belief that Viero is probably not mafia, she would play quieter if she was. I also believe Catterick is not likely mafia either, as they defended Viero, yes, but on a somewhat faulty understanding of what was happening, they were under the impression that Viero would have to comply to save themselves, not just suggesting Viero would comply with their reasoning because they are secret friends. Be suspicious of anyone who ignores this line of reasoning.

Beyond that, I believe that at least one of those who are voting to have her cooked this phase are mafians. As the structure of game pressure goes right now, those who do not post are in danger of being killed, and Viero, being a classic "easy target" makes for the easiest crackdown. Unfortunately, this abstract line of reasoning means nothing without Vieros alignment. I am beginning to actually second guess my long-term early game strategy here, as far as, I have to concede my 26 game long debate with Weldar; at least here, we have to break some townies to create pressure. Vote: viero

Yes, i realize that defending Viero and then voting Viero is paradoxical on it's face, but Viero is precisely the right move because early votes that yield information are the correct moves, and this is a very polarizing bandwagon and merits examination, Vieros alignment will tell us a lot.

Also, can we get a dayphase extention? I want people to reply to this.

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Catterick on Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Fedaykin wrote:The Viero - Catterick Connection
That sounds like the title of an awesome movie.

Anyway, just after Raya threw that particular yoke on me I posted my reasoning for defending Viero. It makes sense to me from a rational perspective, but I'd like to just try a different, "what if" approach now, because I don't think a lynch for Vie will reveal as much as a lynch on JGH.

If I was mafia with Viero, there's no way in hell I would've defended her on day 1, or likely even mentioned her name, lol. There's also no way I'd be posting so much analysis if I was mafia. The mafians have their own forum, and I'm sure someone would've told me to lay low, seeing as what good is a newbie at convincing people to vote their way? Even if I wanted to go nuts with posts, I'm a team player and wouldn't compromise the other guys by drawing attention to myself.

As a townie however, I can post all I want and know that even if I die, I was helpful, and can potentially still win, if my posts revealed mafians. It's a sweet deal.

Anyway, here's why I'm a little apprehensive about lynching Vie: seeing as people feel we're connected, if he flips mafia, I'm basically dead. I still basically believe he's town, but it's a 60-40 thing. Now, you probably think that sounds suspicious, but I'm just as screwed if JGH flips town. The difference being, I'm very confident that he will flip mafia... it's a "put my destiny in my own hands" type of thing. I will be much more confirmed (or condemned) by voting to lynch JGH than Viero.

Not to mention the fact that JGH has like, thrown suspicion on anyone too inactive to defend themselves, on top of many other suspicious moments. Seriously, I can't be the only person seeing these things.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:51 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum