Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 26; The Crystal War, 7th Day

Post  Vivienne Vex on Thu May 29, 2014 6:59 pm

Sorry for disappearing for this day phase but I had one final project for school that matters more than this and it took quite a bit of time and I had just gotten back from being out for awhile. THough I did get to read the posts I didn't get a chance to really come up with one myself until now. Also now that school is over I will be much more active here, pinky swear. 

And not gonna lie, having all this suspicion on me always on the first two days every game is getting pretty old for me. Vote switching a lot does not make one mafia or should really lead to suspision. It is more connected to erratic/indecisive behavior than malicious intent I believe. So this is my reasoning for it. I voted Req to see if there would be any reactions. Which I got out as you can see. There was then little point to keep my vote on Req so I changed it to Sah  because I did not see anyone I really wanted to vote for so I voted for Sah since he was inactive and had a vote on him so it would actually possibly matter. Then it came down to either me or a no vote and as I said. I'm tired of being killed on day 2.

As for the Cat deal. I really don't know why he's trying to defend me so much. Though if we were mafia together I would have taken some time to post in that thread and yell at him to stop defending me long before the day got this far.

So, who am I looking at?

Well TD just seems like the happy guy now.

Q I could never really tell what's really going on with him and don't trust myself to weigh in on that until later on.

J has been throwing out suspicions  everywhere and has just made me feel off about him since day 1. I'm getting a very shady feeling from him. And with what I said yesterday and with everyone else. 

VOTE: J

And Surge. 26 games and NOW you chose to break your mold? Vote for someone who might actually be mafia. I've been killed in this game MORE than enough times in the first couple of days and we can just as easily find out what stuff by killing someone in J's spot as well.

It's simple, kill someone you think is a townie and get infomation. Or kill someone you think is mafian and get possibly the same if not more information.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 7:06 pm

Expect a proper reply in about 30 minutes, just got in from hockey (its a Canadian thing) and need to do some serious reading as it seems like my ass depends on it.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 7:19 pm

I threw out a lot of suspicion yes but lets face it, I'm trying to be more active. I'd rather throw ideas out there and see what sticks and what doesn't. I've seen other people throw out suspicions as well. Am I only in shit because I didn't really target ANYONE hardcore?

This is for TD, truthfully I've said all I can. Now, in an act of temperary self preservation I will face my fear. By the way, you're being too cheeky for my comfort.

The votes currently sit at
Q) 2
JGH) 3
Viero) 3
Spont) 1
Raya) 1
Surge) 1

So, seeing the numbers are where they are. I shall face my fear, pay dearly for it either way and Unvote: Surge and Vote: Viero. His death can only help the town out. After tonight I will be dead.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Thu May 29, 2014 7:35 pm

I just want to point out that people voting for me saying that it will only help the town if I die. Does that not seem like an INCREDIBLY easy bandwagon to jump on for the mafia? I mean Surge even broke his 26 game streak and voted for me because of it. I can tell you now that at least one of these guys is mafia.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 7:42 pm

What do you think this is on me? You and Cat both want me done. At least these votes for you are a little more individualized. I do look scummy, and such will save my own skin while still trying to help the town by hopefully getting more info. I fear you Viero for reasons I am prohibited from saying.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Thu May 29, 2014 8:00 pm

JGH27 wrote:What do you think this is on me? You and Cat both want me done. At least these votes for you are a little more individualized.
That would be a really dumb mafia tactic. Hey, let's band together to lynch a random townie! Except, people will immediately see the connection and lynch us both next phase! Give me some credit.  Razz 
I do look scummy, and such will save my own skin while still trying to help the town by hopefully getting more info.
I really, truly don't care what happens to Viero (no offence Viero), and would vote for him were there no other leads, but every time JGH posts it looks more likely to me that he's mafia. I've picked apart your posts, done the research, and now I want to see it pay off. How exactly have you helped the town so far? Also:

JGH27 wrote:The votes currently sit at
Q) 2
JGH) 3
Viero) 3
Spont) 1
Raya) 1
Surge) 1

Not true. Your vote puts Viero at 4, being the second time in the game you've cast a deciding vote. Did you really miscount, or were you trying to hide that fact?

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 8:15 pm

Not hiding anything, that was the reason I posted the current tally first. At the time that's where it was.

Also, I DIDN'T cast a deciding vote last time. Viero changed his so, if I recall, put no lynch in the lead. I merely tied the vote.

Also, IF I was mafia you really think I'd still be THIS active when I could have fallen into the shadows so easily?

This phase I'm all for the deciding vote.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Thu May 29, 2014 8:36 pm

I think you're active because you saw a couple of votes on you and knew you'd have to account for yourself in some way. I'm glad you did and that you're still here to debate, but I don't think that proves your innocence necessarily. A mafia can have post all he wants in his own defence, so long as he doesn't draw attention to his fellows. And you've been very good about that, which is why I feel we need to lynch you: once we establish your affiliation, we'll have the voting records to go from.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 8:39 pm

Catterick wrote:I think you're active because you saw a couple of votes on you and knew you'd have to account for yourself in some way.
I've been active this whole dayphase even before I had multiple votes on me. So that logic is flawed I'm afraid.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Thu May 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Fair enough. I feel like we're just going in circles now anyway, and I've stated my reasons for voting you too many times already.

Thanks for being a sport about the whole trying to lynch you thing, by the way.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu May 29, 2014 8:47 pm

TD260 wrote:
On a related topic, Weldar brought a lot of good points to the discussion, and a lot of points that I don't necessarily agree with. First of all, I don't have nearly as much dislike regarding the "Active lurker" gameplay as he does, and I don't quite feel that Q is guilty because of it.
I think you misunderstood my point. I think active lurking (ie the art of appearing to be posating frequently without actually saying much of anything) is a definitely a much bigger scummy move than regular old just being inactive and not posting lurking. I'd agree to being guilty of doing so in the first day as well. My problem wasn't that he was making that kind of accusation but that he was also raising it against Surge, who was at that point just guilty of regular old, inactive lurking like many other players such as Spoon or TJ.

Now on this Viero Catterick thing, I must be totally honest I'd actually kind of prefer to lynch Catterick than Viero, though I gotta say I'm really wishing I'd gotten my vote switch onto Viero in in time yesterday we'd already be in such a better position than this. I think the strong part of this argument is probably Catterick's earlier insistence on Viero being innocent. The thing is mafians can often get a bit that way too since they know for sure someone is innocent and will sometimes try a bit too strongly to look good by being against an innocent lynch. But its even more true than yesterday that Viero would certain leave a lot of interesting voting records with her flip now.

Now the other big thing here is J, I'd be inclined to agree that a lot of the later posts here by him are just starting to look worse and worse. But now he seems to be claiming to have some sort of information about Viero that everyone else doesn't have. And now I'm very curious about this, mechanical roleclaiming is allowed and yet he claims to be unable to share any more detail, which is a thing thats not impossible but is quite odd. I'm actually willing to go with a
Vote: Viero
Between all these other points and now J's apparent having some other reason to distrust her it tests an awful lot of things all at once.
But J, I'd really like as many details as you think you can give about exactly what you're going on about here, a softclaim of information is already enough to possibly put a target on your back, though it doesn't sound like its fear that's stopping you from saying more anyway. But its still all so weird and vague that without more details I may be still inclined to switch votes onto you.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 8:53 pm

I'm Canadian, its what we do. I understand your reasoning, if I had previous games to see your play style I'd probably be better off here but alas you're new and a pretty good debater.

Weldar, I would love to give further details. I'm in a bind due to a reason in which, thusfar has been allowed, that I can not elaborate on. I'm not sure all the details as I'd even tried figuring it out. All I know is that the fear is legit and either I'm being manipulated by someone else playing off the Day 1 actions or something has gone wrong. Someone I feel may think I know to much.

Dammit I wish I could say more.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Thu May 29, 2014 8:59 pm

JGH27 wrote:I'm Canadian, its what we do. I understand your reasoning, if I had previous games to see your play style I'd probably be better off here but alas you're new and a pretty good debater.

Weldar, I would love to give further details. I'm in a bind due to a reason in which, thusfar has been allowed, that I can not elaborate on. I'm not sure all the details as I'd even tried figuring it out. All I know is that the fear is legit and either I'm being manipulated by someone else playing off the Day 1 actions or something has gone wrong. Someone I feel may think I know to much.

Dammit I wish I could say more.

Or you are just trying to cover your ass with a townie kill saying that there is a fear of me that came from nowhere.

So yeah, keep going for that "I got info on you" bit that makes me look bad. It'll come back to kill you when I turn up town.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Thu May 29, 2014 9:03 pm

Just going to say, that I totally welcome scans tonight. Just to prove that I'm on the level and perhaps convince someone to swing a couple more votes on to my target. All that on top of the safeguard that if JGH flips town, I hang!

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu May 29, 2014 9:05 pm

A couple of things that have bugged me this game that have nothing to do with who to lynch

Guys, what's with the edits? There's always been a hard rule against edits except in extreme cases, and there have been a lot of edits this game already. Edits are bad in mafia, because it makes it possible to eliminate something you've said that may condemn you. Edits shouldn't be allowed, except in serious circumstances, and they should always list what has been changed

A lack of unvoting too, TD's last post being the worse case where there were two votes one after another with no unvote, so unless he can doublevote, and that was basically a claim, that is really irritating.

On a personal note, bolding FoSs can get kinda confusing when going through, and I just generally don't like FoSs anyway, just say that someone is suspicious, but no one has to follow my personal brand of playing, so feel free to ignore this.

Anyway, on a more serious game-related note, J, I understand the Hockey thing, I've been caught up in the Rangers game (WOOOOOOOO, FINALS!) so this has nothing to do with that, but I have more reason to trust Viero than I do you, and I am willing to stick my neck out for him, and I'm prepared to face the fires if I'm wrong, but Vote:JGH an at the very least, tomorrow is going to have a lot of people having to explain things, I'm ready for it, I hope everyone else is as well.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm cheering for Rangers too, hate the Habs. My hockey though was actually playing.

I'm curious to know why you have more trust in Viero?

PS the Edit thing I was surprised about as well. You'll notice I haven't made a single edit, even with a few typos where I wanted too.

Currently we're at an hour left so any lurkers should probably come out of hiding.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Thu May 29, 2014 9:23 pm

I see that Requiem is online. Your vote for Raya isn't doing much there, don't you think?

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu May 29, 2014 9:24 pm

Being honest, I do have slightly more suspicion on Q right now, but I can sympathize with his situation, and I understand that the amount of things he's doing all take priority over mafia, so I'd like to see him say more before going after him. It's more your death that would be interesting to see. If you are a townie, then those of us going after you will have a decent amount of explaining to do, and I'm prepared for that, should it be the case. If you turn up mafia or third party, then that's good for the town. I know it doesn't help my credibility at all, and may get some votes on myself in the next few days, but keeping with the theme of the game, I'd rather not show my hand just yet, but moves need to be made, and the longer we wait, the bigger the mafia's advantage. I feel like Vie is dead anyway, truthfully, there are viable reasons to target her, but I'm standing my ground, and on the second day, that's probably a record for the earliest I've done anything bold in a mafia game.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 9:31 pm

Going through voting records here, Dark Falco will have gone 2 dayphases of NOT voting AND being online at some point during both phases. I recall her playing this way as Mafian before. First dayphase we can let a bit slide, but 2? I'd say keep this in mind.

I'm saying it now as I don't expect to live through the night.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu May 29, 2014 9:47 pm

Where are these edits, I don't see any edit notes in the last couple of pages. My last post did have an edit but it was just a quick pronoun fixing, just changing a him to a her, and generally when you make a fast edit within like a minute or so it doesn't seem to leave an edit note.

The unvote forgotten, I'll admit that's just a habit I picked up from the last place I played mafia where they have a robot that does the tallies and it doesn't need unvotes so no one uses it, bad habit though I admit, it should be done since it makes it much easier for the doing tallies by hand.

J is am just super curious about now, the shakiness of his whole story is getting me into wine in front of my territory now. I really really want more information here but it doesn't look like we're getting it. I'm really not sure where to actually put my vote here.

So Minby I'm gathering your "sticking you neck"  is based more on action on your suspicions than claiming any sort of mechanically knowledge which it seemed like you may have been hinting. If that is the case, I'd say that isn't really sticking your neck out but it is good, I was going to say something to this effect with Catterick and his saying is J is innocent he will die but you shouldn't be a afraid to take a stand and be wrong, you should only say something like that if you're claiming to have like a cop scan or something. The only people who know who the mafia are for sure are the mafia, innocents can be wrong, getting an innocent lynched shouldn't be instant condemnation. Now if Viero flipped mafia and J flipped innocent yeah you'd be 100% fucked Catterick but just J being innocent shouldn't be grounds to expect instant death.

Also DarkFalco has been in Europe and did only get back yesterday, plane can take a lot out of you so I can understand her inactivity. I'm more curious about Spoon and TJ from the inactives, they don't have any such excuse that we know of

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 9:51 pm

My thing with DF is that she's been online. I get she was away but logging into the forum and not making any sort of post in a game you're playing does warrant a little consideration for the future.

Today its between Viero and I.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu May 29, 2014 9:58 pm

I think we need a good vote tally up in here

Quaetam (1): Spont
Spont (1): Quaetam
JGH27 (4): Catterick, TD260, Viero, Minby
Raya (1): Requiem
Viero (5): Raya, Fedaykin, SurgePox, JGH27, Weldar

Yet to Vote (3)
: DarkFalco, Spoon, TJ

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 9:59 pm

With mere moments to go, I would like to ask for protection tonight. I'll hang tomorrow if need be, but save me tonight.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Thu May 29, 2014 10:04 pm

Weldar wrote:J is am just super curious about now, the shakiness of his whole story is getting me into wine in front of my territory now. I really really want more information here but it doesn't look like we're getting it. I'm really not sure where to actually put my vote here.

So Minby I'm gathering your "sticking you neck"  is based more on action on your suspicions than claiming any sort of mechanically knowledge which it seemed like you may have been hinting. If that is the case, I'd say that isn't really sticking your neck out but it is good, I was going to say something to this effect with Catterick and his saying is J is innocent he will die but you shouldn't be a afraid to take a stand and be wrong, you should only say something like that if you're claiming to have like a cop scan or something. The only people who know who the mafia are for sure are the mafia, innocents can be wrong, getting an innocent lynched shouldn't be instant condemnation. Now if Viero flipped mafia and J flipped innocent yeah you'd be 100% fucked Catterick but just J being innocent shouldn't be grounds to expect instant death.
I understand, I'm just very sure of my convictions. I don't mind telling people I'll go to the gallows tomorrow because in my mind, JGH has proven his mafianess. Even now he's bringing up Dark Falco, who in the present circumstances couldn't be more irrelevant to the discussion.

I'm warning everyone now, no one will lynch tonight if things stay as they are. It looks like Viero is in the lead, but it's tied. How do I know? I'm the double voter. And I'm holding you to a fruitless, no lynching day 2 unless someone changes their vote to kill the obvious mafia JGH. Weldar, I'm asking you as a veteran player, let me prove to you how much I've learned from you guys.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu May 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Really? So then we let the mafia get another free kill?

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:14 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top