Your Proudest Gaming Moment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Proudest Gaming Moment

Post  Catterick on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:06 pm

What game related achievement are you most proud of? Or if there's more than one post them all in this thread. Maybe you got 101% in a massive RPG. Maybe you beat all comers in a SSB tournament. Maybe you played Pac-Man until you went blind. It can be anything.

For me it was unlocking the Invincibility cheat in the original Goldeneye on the N64. It involves beating the Facility level on 00 Agent difficulty in less than 2:05 minutes.

It's basically a really frantic run-and-gun involving timed mines, grenades, and a lot of flying bullets. Many things can go wrong, including something beyond your control, as "Dr. Doak" respawns in random places and if you have to go out of your way to find him, you're not going to get to the end of the level in time. It took me many tries but once I did it it felt really good. pirat (but I've yet to beat the three bonus missions in Goldeneye)

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Proudest Gaming Moment

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:11 am

There may be something else, but the first thing that comes to mind was playing Pyro competitively in an ETF2 Highlander tournament with the ol' {PM} group about 4 years ago. Specifically the moment was while on offense in one match I air blasted an arrow back at the enemy sniper and scored a headshot. I've done that a few other times before but the fact that it was a competitive match made it special. :B I might have the .demo of that match still.

Oh, I also bred a perfectly IV'd timid Froakie the other day. I guess that's something special too.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:23 am

Off the top of my head, the best achievement I got was actually an Xbox Live achievement - beating the XBL Arcade version of Sonic 2 in under 45 minutes. A lot of practice went into that one.

My most recent however was getting someone to ragequit on Ultra Street Fighter IV.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:15 pm

I was the only kid in my elementary school to actually catch them all.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:45 am

Both things that come to mind are beating Divine Might without wiping in the middle of it, as most strats involve doing so, healing, and going at whatever is left, and beating Chains of Promathia before it got nerfed. I was the white mage and got a lot of "We couldn't have done it with any other white mage, that was awesome" after beating Omega and Ultima.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:40 am

Beating the Nintendo Pokemon champion in a battle and winning myself a Mew.

Way back in 2000 there was a big UK Pokemon tour to promote the game/TCG, complete with a tournament. If you made it through the rounds you got to face the champion (someone from the the British equivalent of Nintendo Power) in a 1-on-1 match. I got through all the rounds and went up against the champion. I still remember exactly how the battle went:

It was my Mewtwo versus his. I hit him with Toxic followed by spamming Seismic Toss whilst he hit me with Thunder (first gen battles were a whole different world back then Razz). He paralysed me, but I knew I'd survive another Thunder and win if I got him with Seismic Toss. Then he used Hyper Beam, and I shat a thousand bricks...but lived on 6 HP! And that was it, knocked him out, won and earned myself a Mew! Was absolutely thrilled, and of course back then a legit Mew was practically impossible to get. I still have it actually, marked me as a Pokemon Master Smile

Second place goes to getting a perfect score in the fairy bongo minigame in Breath of Fire 4. It was a ridiculously hard minigame where you had to tap different buttons on the PS1 controller in time to the music, and after hours of frustrated practice I managed to get a perfect on the hardest setting. Granted I pulled a muscle in my thumb in the process, but was totally worth it Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:25 pm

Oh man, I remember those Pokémon tourneys. Nintendo Official Magazine was a huge part of my childhood.

Another thing I'll mention, beating Metroid Prime 2 on Hard Mode took me a long time and made me very happy when I finally beat the final boss, Emperor Ing. That's a pretty minor achievement compared to some of the stuff here though. Oh, and completing F-Zero GX's Story mode on Very Hard difficulty... that was intense.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:13 pm

An honourable mention to my list should be when my brother first got his PSX, with Tekken 2. We had played Tekken 3 at the arcades, so a game from that series was on obvious choice for first game.

Anyways, we were all taking turns trying to beat Arcade mode, and struggling to beat Kazuya, let alone Devi Kazuya. My turn comes up, and my little 10 year old self starts spamming Law's somersault kick. And won. Every. Round.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:38 pm

my best game moment?

i prefer talk about my recent best game moment! i have one of the hardest success for Payday 2 "hot lava 2.0" you need luck and patience.

you need to jump on containers for join a computer far in a building (6 different position for that pc on 2 building).

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:43 pm

A particularly memorable run in TF2, capturing the flag. We were behind 2-0 and the game was stagnating. I go scout, note where their sentries are placed, equip myself with BONK and Force-A-Nature and manage to win us the game.

Getting the true ending in Persona 4.

Beating Shadow of the Colossus in 1 night with Feday and Perry.

Beating kids in pokemon, who just use a party of 6 legendaries while I use pokemon all across the tierboard.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:00 pm

Oh, I've beaten a 6 Legendaries team a few times. They're just silly enough to let my Gyarados, Quagsire or Aegislash set up.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:34 pm

SonGopaul wrote:Oh, I've beaten a 6 Legendaries team a few times. They're just silly enough to let my Gyarados, Quagsire or Aegislash set up.

Heh, reminds me of one glorious moment in Gold/Silver, fighting a guy with 6 legendaries. I opened with a Skarmory with Toxic/Spikes/Double Team/Whirlwind, he with Lugia. Used Toxic, he hit me with Aeroblast, which did very little. Rather than switch out for, say, his Raikou, he just kept hitting me with not very effective moves. In the meantime I'd raised my evasion and set up 3 loads of spikes. Lugia died to poison, he sends out his next Pokemon. Attack misses, I poison with toxic, then whirlwind out. Repeat constantly until all of his Pokemon where poisoned and getting ripped apart by Spikes. It was a 6-0 victory to me, using a Pokemon with no damaging moves. Fun times :3

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:27 am

King Avalanche wrote:Beating Shadow of the Colossus in 1 night with Feday and Perry.

Ahhhh, good times.

I keep forgetting about beating Persona 4 even with the first ending Neutral Persona 3 was incredible though and unlocking the largest damaging move just felt awesome. 9999 damage laser, biotch.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:23 am

Beating Intense Boss Battles in Brawl took me a lot of time and was a big deal for me.

Also when I was in japan, I managed to beat a single person at an arcade in Persona 4: Arena, and as a bonus it was with all of my friends watching.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:56 pm

Beating Dungeons of Dredmor today.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down