Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Catterick on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:51 pm

cool story bro. Seeing as I can't post anything without you people jumping down my neck I'm just going to shut up until my role is known.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 26
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:04 pm

Catterick wrote:I need someone's consent before I can claim. That's all I'm going to say at the moment.

Could you possibly be something like a yoshi? Or maybe a mason?

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 171
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Shit yo! Are you a cultist Catt?! You have time to explain yourself, but for now Vote: Catterick 

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 171
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:20 pm

I know, that posting drunk is a bad idea. I am sure, that I missed quite a few point, but is there any other trail worth following than Catterick? If we should end up lynching him, we should have an idea on how his flip sheds light on others. I'll have a following post after sobering up.

Also nice to see you post, DF! Hope it all goes well. Also I'd like to see an explanation why Weldar is that quiet, quite unusual.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3159
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:43 pm

Also may I throw out a huge FoS: Magician's Advisor? Shit, son, better start explaining your votes. You are jumping on a bandwagon on full roll, giving it more momentum without reasoning. Catterick might be suspicious, but at least he gives us ample material to have reads on. From you? Nothing of the sort.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3159
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:54 pm

Honestly I was pro Catterick until he mentioned needing consent to role claim. At first I thought it was a Yoshi role (or mason) as I said above. Besides, the vote on Catt was just until he explained what he said by needing consent. If he turns out to be a mason and his mason buddy step out and clear shit up it'll all be good.

And I believe I explained my Day 1 vote. Are lucky numbers really that sinful on the first day? Sure I probably could've analyzed the first 15 posts and found a straw to grab at, but I'm trying to make this "vote for #18 every time" thing a thing, y'know? Like Req has DF for days, and all the other silly grudge votes, y'know?

Also, total non-sequitur, totally not important, but I noticed that a couple of the new brawlers have been putting pound signs in front of their votes sometimes. What's up with that?

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 171
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Weldar on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:04 pm

Kept you waiting huh? Seriously though, sorry about my absence up until now. During day 1 I was undergoing a, I wouldn't even call it an operation really so medical procedure on my eye. Nothing too major was basically just half an hour of my eye being clamped open while they put various solutions in it an shone uv lights at it but I still left me pretty out of it for the next couple of days, had a clear plastic shield taped over my eye while it was just really sore and watering non stop. Wasn't too bad but it I wasn't exactly in a state where I felt like staring at something like a computer screen for a which makes it a little hard to play mafia. I probably should have at least made a quick post explaining what was up. I'm totally fine by now though so I should be active and posting as usual.

So the results of these last couple of days, the lynch and the nightphase were really a case of a middle ground of well not ideal but not terrible (well actually the nightphase was probably outright good. If we assume the cult started with just one person then its a 50-50 on td being the leader or recruit, if he was leader its pretty much dead in the water and if he was the recruit at the very least we know there's a cult from the get go), a miller going down is like well at was a townie but at least its not the worst case of lynching a miller after a cop has claimed with a scan on them, I can sort of understand why Req just seemed to roll over and die without trying to defend himself given that yeah, coming close to be lynched can make you a scan magnet.

So the big topic of the day so far Catterick, I honestly am not quite feeling it so much, the only part that's really bothering me is this weirdness about a claim. The accusation of fluff posts is seems pretty similar to the accusation of "Active Lurking" I usually make and I do consider it to be one of the scummier things. Its something I might have said last game were it not for catching your early non town slip Catterick but its not exactly that. Even though Catterick was a 3rd party last game I do believe he was trying t act mostly like he would as a townie and his playable is kind of, well hyperactive I guess. I can definitely see the point of there being a lot of fluff in his posts but I do feel like there's actually some substance with it too, the thing that bothers me with active lurking is posting almost nothing but fluff. With the Requiem wagon, eh I don't really have any strong feelings one way or the other on those voters. The day 1 votes never really settled to anything so someone was either going to be lynched under purely random votes (almost as bad as a no lynch) or there would be some last minute push on something, Requiem's not necessarily the guy I'd have chosen but I also would have been fine with jumping onboard around when Catterick or Deanna did to solidify it as a lynch. Honestly reading those votes again Deanna's actually does bother me a fair bit more than J's or Catterick's. The calling yourself out for sheeping within the post in the kind of thing that never sits right with me. Innocents do it sometimes and hell I think I've even done it myself as an innocent but its just such a scummy thing. Reeks of trying to absolve yourself of the guilt while still committing the crime. And indeed the votes logic basically boils down to exactly what J was saying of Requiem's Q vote didn't really make sense just in more words. They also didn't really explain what about that flawed logic in his vote was scummy, I don't think having poor logic is inherently scummy though it sometimes can be, its a thing like lurking you need more explanation than just that, though I don't really hold this point against either J or Deanna as much.

Now the only other thing that really jumps out today is Magician's Adviser, that just to logic in cult there is just baffling. I'll admit Catterick's claim thing bothers me too, something like mason was also one of my first thoughts but I also thought it might just be Catterick stalling for time a think up a good fakeclaim. The leap to cult just makes no sense though, for one with one cultist dead and only one night having passed the only way there could be more than one cultist alive right now if if the cult started with multiple people which isn't impossible but it pretty rare on this forum. Catterick's behaviour also doesn't make any sense for a cultist, a mason might want to confer with their buddy since they'd be outing themselves as a group type role (even if they don't say their mason buddy's name) but why would a cultist want to claim something connected to their partners, like mafians its in a cults best interest to not seem like they're connected to each other. Like I said though faulty logic isn't a crime in and of itself though, and this logic is more baffling than anything. The sudden turnaround does sort of feel like he might have just been digging for any little excuse to jump on the bandwagon though

I'm gonna go with a Vote: Deanna for now but I'd happily switch a vote to Magician's Adviser as well, I don't really mind either option at the moment.

_________________

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 2548
Join date : 2008-09-27
Age : 22
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  KnightOwl on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:30 am

Sorry guys, real life kept me busy yesterday.

Fedaykin wrote:I'm going with a Vote:KnightOwl

I don't like the pushes going for Snake and DF. Snake is being active and DF has yet to post. There are a few votes out there lacking sense, but the timing feels weird, so shortly after td(who didn't give any reason at all, which he could have at this stage of the day, worth noting). To me, it looks like as if it shouldn't appear to be on a random person, but for someone who might be get lynched but yet innocent enough to not be that noteworthy(especially with the added note, that it would be the last post of the day).

I'm sorry, but your case is completely wrong ^^;

I'm assuming the first part isn't addressed at me, considering I've never voted for either of them. I voted shortly after TD because I had reasons to suspect Catterick over the rest of the players at that stage (and I still think he's the most likely mafia member) and I said I wasn't going to be around because I thought people may have needed to switch votes at phase end due to a potential claim from a wagon and I wouldn't be there to do that. It only took 3 votes to lynch though, so I don't think I needed to bother. 

Moving on, I still dislike Catterick. His first post after the nightkill was a commentary rather than an analysis, and I'm not sure why you needed to wait for more people to post? I'm also not a fan of the comment: "let's see if this bandwagons so we can catch some scum", it looks like a flimsy attempt to discredit the votes that could be placed on you.

That being said, I do think Deanna's vote is fairly weak. Fluffy (if I'm correct about what it means) posts aren't a catch-all for being scum, and just because there might be a godfather doesn't mean that everyone who requests a scan will be one. It's not much, but I'm keeping my eye on this slot for now. I disagree that Deanna has been abrasive though, so can we all just get along? I'm sure that none of us mean any harm to ill to one another, although Catterick's posts are making me a little uncomfortable with the emotional attacks, so please don't take any of this personally. ^^

The Magician's Adviser wrote:
Catterick wrote:I need someone's consent before I can claim. That's all I'm going to say at the moment.

Could you possibly be something like a yoshi? Or maybe a mason?
The Magician's Adviser wrote:Shit yo! Are you a cultist Catt?! You have time to explain yourself, but for now Vote: Catterick

I... don't know how you made this leap in logic? This makes little sense to me, why would a cultist want to roleclaim? And wouldn't there only be one cultist in the game because of the N1 death? This seems to be a really weak point and I can't follow your thought process here at all.

Also, what is a yoshi? 

Vote: Magician

I would happily lynch Catterick, but this is going to stay here until that last string of posts has been better explained.

I haven't read Wedlar's post yet, but I'm quite tired now and will do so later.

KnightOwl
Riff Raff

Posts : 11
Join date : 2014-06-25
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:38 am

Just woke up, still need some to do some catching up, but here is an explanation for Yoshi: Yoshi starts as a neutral 3rd party and gets bonded to the person first voting for them/sending a PM to them(not the case here, snce there are none allowed this game). There are variations on that. The Yoshi than has the pssobility to communicate with their new master and gains the same affilation as them. If the master dies, they usually revert to being neutral and the dance commences anew.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3159
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:12 am

I don't know if Req really had the Miller role or not. Looking at the lynch post, it reads:

Requiem has been killed! He was "Ambrose Penhallick" the Miller, and a Townie!


and then we have

TD260 was killed. He was Roland Pennridge, alignment Cult.

The two combined leads me to think more that Miller in Req's flip was more of a title to his flavor character then his actual role, being as Td didn't flip with one. Besides, if we're going by the Epic Mafia definition, Millers flip as mafia when they get hung, not town. Req flipped town, not mafia. So unless TJ's putting some twist on a role we've never seen before, or the definition of miller is not what epic mafia has on it, it doesn't quite match. We'll see when more people flip though, I suppose.

As for the Req voters, as previously stated, we have JGH, Catt, and Deanna. I can't really blame any of them for it.

JGH was the first vote and as such when he did it, it didn't really look like it would really become anything. He did say one thing that caught my eye though;

"In regards to switching off DF, it IS rather odd, still, to switch off of her."

He went from an RVS vote to someone he at least had a little logic to it. RVS votes are little more then "I picked you", so I don't really consider switching off your RVS vote to be suspicious.

Catt, only thing I didn't really like about his vote post was how he mentioned considering using meta on Weldar, though he's not wrong.

Deanna, nothing really struck me as strange save that light suggestion for a role claim, which this early into the game is just an awful idea, especially when Req could've saved himself if he had so desired.

More to the argument of today, mostly the bits of Catt vs Deanna that seems to be going on.



Catterick: "I don't mind being scanned"

With a flipped Miller, the possibility of a Godfather existing is a thing, and calling for a check on yourself is scummy as heck due to the flip. One should never call for a player to scan them, especially when a miller flips. To me, it looks like you were hoping for a gamble that Req wasn't Miller.

As stated above, I don't really know how much I believe Req was a miller until we see more flips.  That and I must ask why would a miller being in the game suddenly make a godfather exist in the first place? Let's clear this up as I want to know, what do you think a miller is? Is it the epic mafia definition? If that is the case, that would mean Req should've flipped mafia, but he didn't.   Though, I came up with this great theory about why he would possibly call for a scan that I will touch upon later.



I haven't even begun to analyze Catt's vote on Req yet, but his now-justification of "Mafia has a stronger attitude of Self-Preservation" is baloney. If you're town, the absolute worst thing you can do for your faction is eat a lynch (unless your role aids town in some way following a lynch that's more valuable than your presence in the game).


That is actually a point of debate around here. Some feel that when there is a heavy distrust of a guy because reasons, getting said guy out of the way will clear the debate for the next day and get the discussion moving to a different target instead of focusing on that one guy again. That said, there really was no really strong debate about Req at this point so yeah he probably could've just tried to save himself there. I will admit this point would make Req more likely to be a miller if it is indeed the epic mafia definition(Which still wouldn't make sense because the miller isn't told he's a miller), as unlikely as I find it still.


As for Catt, I don't believe he's mafian, not straight up, not yet. Is he, maybe, but from what I've seen I'd say he's too overly active for being mafian. He's made a few strange points in a couple posts, I will grant, but I'm more interested in Deanna right now with some of his points. Some of it just seemed really unnecessary to me and seemed to be an attempt to throw as much dirt as he possibly could at Catt.

So at this point I will Vote: Deanna


Now, I've had this crazy crackpot theory. Someone mentioned Catt possibly being a Yoshi role which is why he's said things like

"well in case we look like the three scummiest scums in scum town right now, I don't mind being scanned. Although I'm not sure if it's bad etiquette to say that, seems advantageous for town"

and

" I said I was alright with being scanned. I did this NOT so the cop would come out and the mafia could kill him (do you really think I'm that stupid) but to show that I fear no scans."

Could definitely be an attempt at fishing actions on him. Now, what if instead of being a Yoshi role where he latches onto whoever does an action on him and gains their alignment etc etc, he is instead a *reverse* Yoshi role? This is a Cthulu based game of some sort, and if there just happens to be a Cthulu role out there, I could see Cthulu being the head of a cult(the Cult of Cthulu, hehe)and gaining members through them visiting him and going insane upon looking at him or what not? Crackpot theory I know, but when I saw the suggestion of the Yoshi role, that thought just popped into my head and screamed at me.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3665
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:53 am

So, a few conclusions here:

First, Michael Bay has produced an M. Night Shamaylan movie. God that was awful.  You have the concept of a giant alien robot fighting to save China on a fire-breathing legendary warrior robot T-Rex.  HOW DO YOU FUCK THIS UP?

Second, Catterick is most likely innocent.

Had he truly been claiming Bomb I'd have recommended we call his bluff - best case scenario we lynch scum, worst case he can use his power to take down a secondary suspicion with him. Given that he has denied it I'm not sure what kind of role could have the kind of restriction he claims, relying on another player's permission to claim - other than a mason, cultist, or MB puppet, but we have no reason to believe there is a mason group and less to believe there's a MB.  Of the two masons seem more plausible as we know there's a cult and I can't see there NOT being a mafia, so a town team definitely isn't out of the question Razz  But if you're a mason you can typically indicate you're a mason without relying on others.  

Finally, the fact that he made a claim like this actually leads me to believe he isn't cult, for reasons Weldar highlighted - why would a cultist possibly claim a connection to another player at this stage?  If there were somehow still two, it would be far more convenient to let a player slide into the shadows and hope for a miraculous 1v1 victory or a jointwin with the mafia than to intertwine yourself with them.  And regarding Catterick as mafia, I'm increasingly confident in the logic I described earlier. Were Catterick mafia, why would the mafia kill td? Given the situation at the time, a reverse psychology gambit doesn't seem likely.  Thus I'm inclined to believe td's death was an attempt to frame Catterick, and looking at the early activity this dayphase that's exactly what's happening. 

This brings my focus, then, to the Catterwagon, wherein I will describe my suspicions in order of increasing scumminess:

Deanna has been on peoples' radars in the latter half of today, and he's also creeped onto my suspicion list after an ISO.

The circumstances of his vote on Requiem were fishy.  I agree that his self-admittance of sheepishness is a common scum play - it's preemptively apologetic, and looks like he's recognizing that he's pushing for an invalid target.  The fact that he hammered Requiem himself and is faulting Catterick for Cat's vote on Requiem makes him appear that he's glossing over his own hammervote.

Yet as I said in my last post, I'm partially inclined to write the hammer off as too dangerous a move for someone in Deanna's position - having not been in the spotlight, a mafia-aligned Deanna would have no reason to take such a move bar WIFOM.  This alone leads me to hold off voting his way until we hear more and see a couple other flips.

TBH I think what's bothering me right now is his general attitude in the total absence since the vote on Catterick.  He lay down the suspicion on Catterick with confidence and just kind of vanished.  If Cat *IS* being framed, again, this is the kind of play i'd expect a framing mafian to make.  Honestly, that's bothering me about this entire Catterwagon - JGH, Vsente, and Deanna all kind of just stopped posting as soon as Catterick's lynch seemed secure.  I'm not including Raya in here because we know she's gone until Wednesday - she hasn't been overly suspicious, and if this trail of thought yields anything I'm inclined to wait until she returns to consider her.

FOS: Minby_Aran.  I'm including him in the Catterwagon list because his play matches my theory about td being framed, and his post this dayphase was very scummy.  

He has a little D1 behavior worth noting; I gave him a little pressure/reaction test as I pointed out that his post here seemed to be possibly dismissing Raya's attempt to raise suspicion on Relmitos - indicating a potential connection between the two.  His response was a little over-defensive and overreactive - and played to a mafian trope I commonly see; dismissing the idea that the town has any leads and insisting that it's impossible to gain anything out of D1. 

What really concerns me is this post of his, D2: So all three votes for Req came right after each other at the end of the phase? Does that strike no one else as super suspicious? I want to hear more of the reasoning for that, because it seems almost too easy for the mafia to just stuff the votes at the end like that. - Minby

As I said before, Minby claims the Requiem votes are scummy but is unwilling to pursue any of them himself, and seems to sort of egg others on to pursue them.  This would be another kind of play I'd see mafia players make after a frame attempt - trying to goad others into starting their wagons for them without keeping their hands clean.  There are more Requiem voters than just Catterick, but Cat ranks among them and thus this play lines up with the frame.

Doesn't help that Minby oddly focused on the criticism Cat leveled towards himself above all other discussion aspects in his followup post.

As for my vote: Vote: Magician's Advisor.. While I agree that the odd jump to Catt being cultist bothers me what stands out more is MAD's actual behavior rather than his reasoning for the Cat vote.  His reasoning, at the top of this page, is:

Honestly I was pro Catterick until he mentioned needing consent to role claim. At first I thought it was a Yoshi role (or mason) as I said above. Besides, the vote on Catt was just until he explained what he said by needing consent. If he turns out to be a mason and his mason buddy step out and clear shit up it'll all be good. -MAD

Beyond the simple fact that he's looking to expose a mason faction, his actual posts don't add up: He speculates Cat could be mason / yoshirole but then posts a second post kind of randomly saying:

Shit yo! Are you a cultist Catt?! You have time to explain yourself, but for now Vote: Catterick - MAD

Yet if you simply look at the timing of these posts, Catt had claimed over 45 minutes ago.  MAD's posts were oneliners, so he can't have been ninja'd or something, so the shift is weird.  It's flimsy, ignores a lot of logic, and if the rest of the wagon is taken into consideration it really looks like a player who entered the dayphase with the understood strategy 'Vote Catterick', rather than pursuing his own analysis.  And the fact that he withheld his logic until being pressured doesn't help things; rather than trying to contribute to the discussion, he's pressuring his favorite lynch target and attempting to lie low.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TL;DR because I know I got a bit wordy here

> Transformers 4 was garbage.
> Catterick is most likely innocent; why else would the mafia have shot td. Catt's positioning at the time makes it very unlikely he'd attempt a reverse psych gambit.
> If we're assuming a frame attempt, the Catterwagon is definitely the place to look.  Today we should lynch MAD, Deanna, or failing that Minby  
> Deanna is suspicious for fishy circumstances surrounding his D1 vote and for voting Catterick only to vanish. However, with his vote as the hammer on Requiem we should leave him until after pursuing other leads.  
> Minby is more suspicious because of what looks like a deliberate attempt to keep himself out of the discussion and asking other people to pursue leads while not wanting to commit, as well as an odd level of defensiveness to even slight criticism.
> Magician's Advisor (MAD) is my vote because the timing of his vote and posts don't align with his reasoning, and his withholding of logic until pressed seems to be an attempt to remain under the radar. He seems a good point to gauge the wagon, and is developing quite a wagon himself apparently.
> If MAD is scum, or if Catt is lynched and innocent we need to look at Deanna and Minby. If Catt is lynched and mafia, we need to look at Catt's defenders, and I'll have to re-evaluate this whole dang theory.

As for others, I'm still keeping my FOS towards Sahrimnir as described earlier.  His Day 1 vote was *AWFUL* and I'm not gonna ignore that just on behalf of him disappearing.

Raya I'd probably be examining only because her logic aligns with the frame attempt but she's gone until around Day 4 and there are far better targets.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:00 pm

Q's Turn for Votals


Catterick(5): Vsente, Raya, Deanna, JGH27, MAD
Deanna(3): Catterick, Weldar, Relmitos
MAD(2): KnightOwl, Quaetam

Yet to Vote(9):Snake, DarkFalco, Spontimus, PurgeSox, Fedaykin, SpoonMan, Sahrimnir, Natasha, Minby

Time Remaining: 10 hours, 3 minutes

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:56 pm

Good to see that after a bit of a drought we're off with another game where there's no prisoner-taking.

I'm sorry for not having the patience to build a text wall huge enough to split Berlin like some people here kind of tend to. I like to keep my reasoning short and simple. That's probably why nobody ever listens to me. In these games, an orbital bombardment of text after text seems to be the only kind of rhetoric that matters.

I'm going for Deanna, but mostly for his attitude. He's being so aggressive against Catt with so little evidence to back him up that I can't help but feel that there's a bit of a reverse jester tactic going on here. He's completely balls-out on the front with a vengeance so hard that there's also the possibility that he's a... reverse reverse jester?
Yeah, whatever the reasoning here is, I feel it's safer to get him out of the game.

Vote: Deanna

Quaetam wrote:
> Transformers 4 was garbage.
What were you expecting????



Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2009-02-05
Age : 23
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:04 pm

There is no 100% way to varify affilation in a game with a cult. Granted, it might have been stopped dead in its tracks, though we only know for sure, once it is eliminated. The way I remember it, no cult on this forum was eliminated with the death of the leader. I will agree though, that Catterick was most likely set up by the Mafia with the kill on TD. That was exactly what we tried last game(for those who didn't play: I was mafian in the previous game). Could somebody please tell me, where he claimed bomb or something? Must have missed it.

Deanna is worth investigating further, I feel, though I'd rather save that for another phase, if there is no groundbreaking new development.

I'm going to stick to my guns and Vote: Magician's Adviser

The scummy vibe is still there and Q pretty much summed it up.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3159
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Sahrimnir on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:37 pm

I agree with most of Quaetam's reasoning, except for the part about me being suspicious obviously. When I voted DF I really didn't have anything better to go on. Also, while I could have seen on Facebook that DF would be out of town, I simply missed that. Stuff like that happens when your number of FB friends has four digits.

Anyway, moving on to our actual leads. As I said, I agree with Q that Cat is probably innocent. I also agree with him that a couple of the bandwagoners seem very suspicious.

I'm unsure about Deanna. On the one hand, her persistence on getting Cat hung without any good reasoning seems a little suspicious, but on the other she's somewhat too aggressive to be a mafian. A mafian probably would want to stay under the radar, and that is something she definitely isn't doing. Still, FOS: Deanna

Now, about Magician's Adviser, I can't really add anything here. Q put it quite well.

Vote: Magician's Adviser

Also, Relm, from what I understand of the miller (after looking it up on some Mafia wiki I found by googling), it just means that the cop would scan him as mafia, but his death would reveal his true role. That seems to be version of the miller that this game is using.


Also also, I should mention that I'm in Turkey at the moment and the wi-fi at the hotel is extremely unstable. I'll try to be somewhat active anyway, but I can't promise anything.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

Posts : 1112
Join date : 2009-12-22
Age : 27
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:22 pm

After seeing Magician's posts I have to also agree that trying to expose the potential mason group is rather scummy. Why would you try to expose a pro town group if there is one? (Which considering that there is a cult there is an almost 100% chance of a mason group too). I am still pretty darn suspicious of deanna but I think that Magician's is really the better lead right now. So I will also vote: Magician's Adviser


I also want to point out that some of you guys need to calm it a bit. I also think that some are letting emotions get in the way of play and are acting on those and not facts. We gotta stay calm and collected if we want the town to win.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:14 pm

@Spont - I don't think it's quantity, but quality, that people listen to, and your posts tend to be decent quality.  You brought a lot of suspicion on me last game when we had our little spat!  Hell, starting tomorrow I'm back to my work schedule so I'll be posting from my phone during breaks again, if at all Smile


Also I was pretty damn sure Transformers 4 would be bad but it managed to exceed my expectations Razz

When I voted DF I really didn't have anything better to go on. Also, while I could have seen on Facebook that DF would be out of town, I simply missed that. Stuff like that happens when your number of FB friends has four digits. - Sah

Sahrimnir... you had literally everything better to go on Day 1.  Your vote on DF looked like it was an attempt to appear legitimate, not just a random vote without anything to go off of, and you chose to call someone out for inactivity when the game had only been going for 24 hours max.  And while I appreciate the support on the MAD lynch following and just parroting arguments is a little sheepy.  So you're not off the hook just yet.


Also Where the hell is Spoon? (and Snake to a lesser extent.  He's so excited to play, why isn't he participating now?)

I also want to hear more from Vsente; like the rest of the Catterwagon I mentioned above he just kind of vanished after his Cat vote.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Catterick on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:36 pm

Relmitos wrote:I don't know if Req really had the Miller role or not. Looking at the lynch post, it reads:

Requiem has been killed! He was "Ambrose Penhallick" the Miller, and a Townie!


and then we have

TD260 was killed. He was Roland Pennridge, alignment Cult.

The two combined leads me to think more that Miller in Req's flip was more of a title to his flavor character then his actual role, being as Td didn't flip with one. Besides, if we're going by the Epic Mafia definition, Millers flip as mafia when they get hung, not town. Req flipped town, not mafia. So unless TJ's putting some twist on a role we've never seen before, or the definition of miller is not what epic mafia has on it, it doesn't quite match. We'll see when more people flip though, I suppose.
I think it's pretty clear Req was the Miller. This is what he said before he died:

Well, you could scan me but it wouldn't do you any good, that's all I'm gonna tell you *One Minute Left*

That seems like a clear role hint to me. Also, I believe the Miller who flips mafia when they hang is the "Death Miller" and he's controversial because people think the death reveal should be, if not unconcealable, at least not deliberately misleading. I think TJ put in a regular Miller, and perhaps that was what made Req a little less willing to play.

Now thank-you people, truly, for giving me the benefit of the doubt. Regarding TMA, I think him slightly less suspicious than Deanna, but I will

Unvote: Deanna
Vote: TMA

because he's tying the vote with me atm. I would prefer to lynch Deanna because TMA at least attempted to explain himself but I can't deny he's been a little off to me from D1. To be honest, all the people on the Cattamaran (and Minby, water-skiing off the back) look pretty suspicious to me.

Once more about my role, my inability to claim at the moment is not due to a rule of the game, but out of courtesy. It concerns someone who is always quite keen on courtesy in our games so I feel this is extra important.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 26
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:37 pm

Fedaykin wrote:Could somebody please tell me, where he claimed bomb or something? Must have missed it.

Catterick wrote:Lastly let me just say that my role is a low powered one for the town but it does come with a hefty price-tag if you lynch me.

However, he then openly denied it later on:

Catterick wrote:I'm certainly not the bomb

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:25 pm

I definitely think that Req was actually a Miller. It seems to fit with the flavor, if you re-read his death, and I don’t think it’s worth getting too worried about him not being one, because what he said as he was about to die fit pretty well with knowing he’d be scanned as Mafia. Plus, I usually reveal Millers as town upon death, so it’s not that unusual.
 
Cat, don’t do me like that. I don’t even like to waterski. Lol. But really, I wasn’t seriously on you very much at the beginning, but your over defensiveness is what makes me suspicious. It does look a little like you were trying to be framed, but that usually doesn’t work out, because everyone here is worrying about framing attempts, and wouldn't it be too obvious to have all these people vote for you at once?
 
Q, my first post this phase was mostly directed at Deanna, because the hammer vote is the most scummy.  You keep saying it's too scummy a move for the mafia to make but that's exactly why they would make it.  Good mafia players play like they would as townies.  And like you and Catterick said Deanna just kind of stopped posting after getting the wagon rolling on Catterick. That's way more scummy than a few posts by Magician, who is definitely scummy, and is worth checking out this night phase, but I think that vote:Deanna Is the best course of action for today.
 
And one more note, why does it seem like a lot of people are voting for someone they don’t think is the most suspicious? I said this last game and I’ll say it again, people need to play their game, and not someone else’s just because you think they know better than you. Going with your top suspicion, especially early in the game, is the best course of action. Especially if it’s someone not really up for lynch, because the more information we have as a town from people having to talk, the better.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2959
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:29 pm

Quaetam wrote:Also Where the hell is Spoon?
Hai

Vote: Catterick

I've only skimmed, but from what I've gathered I feel like his claim is bull. I'm down to test it.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 464
Join date : 2009-12-28
Age : 30
Location : West Michigan

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:24 pm

Quaetam wrote:

Also Where the hell is Spoon? (and Snake to a lesser extent.  He's so excited to play, why isn't he participating now?)

I have inventory and the opening of the show I am in happening in a week. Despite this, Im also drinking when I can. And though I may be preoccupied, I am reading the game and following along on all the shit. I'm sketched by Catterick, and I'm all down to kill Deanna. But I'll take Quaetams advice here and Vote:Magicians Advisor today because otherwise I could tie up the votes and I dont want to pull that shit yo.

In other news, Jeremy attacked catterick earlier as though he had been here forever and it felt really weird to me.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5848
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:25 pm

Vote:magicians advisor

Fuck your stupid post edit rule

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5848
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:25 pm

vote magicians advisor

I did it again fuck

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5848
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Vsente on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:29 pm

Ugh, on second thought I really don't like where this wagon is going.

Unvote
I haven't read thoroughly because as I stated before I would be busy, whoops. I kept forgetting that day phases are way shorter here. But Cat claimed way too awkwardly to be mafia for me I think--he could be third, but everyone's speculated that enough.

I don't remember who said it, but Snake IS less prominent today, and now that I look back he did a lot of picking on people but not outright stating his lynch priorities. I think I've changed my mind on him being town. I might kinda be echoing Deanna but it did seem like he called me scummy for the sake of it and without a lot of conviction, and he's... been doing the same today, but to an even weaker extent? He says condescending things without really making it clear who he's suspicious of. That's scummy, imo.

Vote: Snake

Not sure about Deanna and MA because I haven't read them as clearly (I hate huge walls of text lmao) but when I read them I'll have my opinion on them, too. It's hard for me to get reads on this game because we have a lot of inactive/barely-existent people <_< and I tend not to focus on them too much because you objectively can't get reads on someone who has no content. It's frustrating, haha.

Oh, and Catterick--about a lot of my content dealing with the Snake stuff, my issue with you wasn't just fluff but also that you even had more posted content than I did and most of it seemed filler to me. There's a problem when there's someone actively posting but not really saying much that's memorable at all.

Vsente
Riff Raff

Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-06-26
Location : a mystery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:07 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum