Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Vsente on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:31 pm

Oh bleh I was ninja'd lol

man that kinda sucks because that seemed like a really genuine way to say "I've been busy" and now I just
MY READS ARE SHIt

I don't wanna sit on no vote so I'm gonna just leave it on Snake and read the rest of the stuff later. Sorry.

Vsente
Riff Raff

Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-06-26
Location : a mystery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  SurgePox on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:15 pm

I honestly don't get a mafia read from TMA. From my experience, firing at the hip (that is, quick, initial-impression posting) isn't really what scum do but it's exactly how TMA has been playing. This is a very soft read and based more on macro behavior than the exact player but it's how I understand it. TMA could just being playing to his own style, he does admit to being inexperienced. That being said, I don't think he's the worst lynch we could make today, that would be Catterick, who is playing town and would be a fool to frame himself, then claim himself to be connected to others, if he was really mafia. I don't really imagine a mafia player being ballsy enough to gambit twice and make two intentional and public bad scum moves. A maf would just claim bomb or doc or something to avoid lynch.

I am feeling good about the Deanna wagon. This has nothing to do with their posting style, which I think is a bit dismissive and impersonal but designed to cut to the point quickly. However Deannas suspicion in my mind has been voting habits. Last vote on the Req train. Middle vote on the Catterick train and then vanishing when it starts to turn away. Never starting but always having heavy-handed arguments (that is, arguments where you are certain instead of leaning, suspecting, or just agreeing with others) It is the way one would expect a mafian to structure a fake argument, on the basis of "real" analysis as to not sheep, but never early as to not have a wagon attempt backfire. This is where my vote is going to go vote:Deanna

I also really like the idea of lynching snake. Snake was hyped to play but now that things are getting serious he is only popping up to interject little bits and not hard committing. It could be the case that he is a townie flying under the radar, there are good reasons for townies to remain quiet, but mafians are guaranteed to be here, and low-radar roles are not so confirmed so I don't think it's a bad move. Spoon also strikes me as mafia, I remember last time I played with him as mafia he only posted once on day one, and then once again near the phase end of day three. I'd prefer snake because of the late wagon hop on TMA, but depending on how TMA flips would seal it in my mind.

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:26 pm

SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:Vote: Catterick

I've only skimmed, but from what I've gathered I feel like his claim is bull. I'm down to test it.

Seriously? As a number of people have said the kill on td looks like a blatant frame attempt. Even if you don't believe that, a perfunctory skim and you should be able to tell that Catt's claim is soft and uncertain and thus not really testable. Bullshit reasoning and not a townread vote.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Weldar on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:54 pm

Well I think we're close enough to night that an updated vote tally is in order.

Catterick(5):
Raya, Deanna, JGH27, MAD, Spoon
Deanna(5): Weldar, Relmitos, Spont, Minby, SurgePox
MAD(7): KnightOwl, Quaetam, Fedaykin, Sahrimnir, DarkFalco, Catterick, Snake
Snake(1): Vsente

Yet to Vote(1): Natasha

Hmmm now as I said in my earlier post I like Magician's and Deanna pretty equally as lynch options so I'm totally fine with how the votes sit, were Magician's on 6 I'd probably switch just to be safe against double votes of secret vote manipulation but that rarely goes above one vote so I'll keep my vote where it is just in case we get some sort of last second roleclaim out of Magcian's and want to rush to a new vote, I'd much rather Deanna than Catterick for a wagonswitch, but it'd take a big claim to do that.

As Surge is saying Spoon's vote looks pretty bad right now, if either one of Magician's Adviser or Deanna are mafia I'd be very suspicious of him, and given those are both my top suspects, well yeah. It is very similar to the play he made last game, coming out of nowhere with a very weak vote which in that case was indeed trying to save a scum teammate. Plus just the fact its so neatly sidestepping the current major discussion, obviously this suspicion goes down bit if both Magician's and Deanna are innocent but I like him as a 3rd choice now.

Oh and a small final side note from reading through. The thing Relm was saying about an epicmafia miller. Now millers here have usually flipped innocent (though not always) as an innocent and as people have pointed out Req clearly knew he was a miller based on his last posts. This did make me think of the cult thing you brought up, epicmafia style the cults make you lose your power and just become a vanilla cultist, with td flipping only cult perhaps that's what happened there, he was nothing but a cultist. I think we need to see more death flips to really see what the usual formatting is like to really say anything like that.

_________________

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 2548
Join date : 2008-09-27
Age : 22
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:57 pm

fuck me I wrote a fucking post, went to post it and it reloaded my GD page so all my work was lost >< SPOON SMASH!

@Surge You mean the game JUST PREVIOUS this one where I was shot by a fellow lurker for lurking? (Not kosher but I digress)

@Quaetam I dislike how much WIFOM'ing is going on in your posting. Your walls are less fact and more speculation, and give off the air of trying to set-up future lynches based off of that, other people's opinions be damned.

My vote on Catt is based of http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/t956p90-mafia-game-27-what-lurks-in-the-void#128177 as well as similar other fluffy WIFOM koolaid shenanigans. In fact all his posts have either been purely reactionary to comments against him or pouring more koolaid for everyone to take a sip. Combined with his pseudo-"claim" w/e the hell I'm more then willing to test it out by seeing him hang, as I have little doubt he is scum.

Also of note is Q's & Surge's posts being strongly supportive of each other all the while w/o actually linking themselves to one another. Calling it here; Pending Catt's flip (or really whoever eats this wagon, Catt preferred), I would scrutinize the two of them much more, if not see them lynched pending today's lynch if we hit scum. (Trying to set up future lynches myself? Possibly. If you don't like it then kill me for it, idgaf~)

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 464
Join date : 2009-12-28
Age : 30
Location : West Michigan

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:00 pm

The Day Phase is over! The Phase Post will be up in a little bit.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:01 pm

I'll also go as far to say that as much as I think Catterick is scum, I think MAD is town. You guys want to base random shit off of Meta? MAD is floundering around as much now as he was during Musical Mafia, and he was town then as well. Do with that what you will.

I have no opinion on Deanna. Decidedly null imo, but wouldn't be a bad lynch for information, but would much rather see Catt hang if not others before them.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 464
Join date : 2009-12-28
Age : 30
Location : West Michigan

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:28 pm

Benedict Gomershall walked through the streets, blood staining his knuckles. The little guy in the robes had been fun to play with, but he hadn't lasted long. Maybe things would be different this night...

Gomershall was a mountain of a man. His bulk blocked out the light of the setting sun as he passed the piles of branches which had been left piled on either sides of the street rather than cleared away properly, as no-one seemed to think that was much of a priority lately. Gomershall tried to think... what was it the boss had said?... try not to... something. Nope. No good. The thought was beyond him. He'd probably remember sooner or later though.

Usually there were people in the street. Gomershall remembered this because they like to yell things at him. He felt at his long-ago burnt face absently, clearing away a bit of gore. Boss never yelled at him though, although his friends sometimes said mean things. But Boss said to ignore them, so it was all right.

Suddenly, walking around the corner in a group, there were people. A lot of people. Some of them had lights, which Gomershall thought was neat. He liked playing with the lights, but when they got too big Boss got mad. He didn't shout though, he just made Gomershall hurt a bit. If he shouted Gomershall would have left. These people were shouting. Why was that? OH! He was supposed to hide from people. Boss said if they saw him, if they saw the blood, they'd shout.

Gomershall ran then. There were more people now. More than he had ever seen at one time. And they were all shouting. This was bad, he was in trouble. If he brought these people to boss he'd be mad. He might yell at Gomershall. That would be worse than anything these people could do.

The big man panted for breath as the town chased him. They were yelling things as they did, although it was hard to make out over the pounding of footsteps and his own ragged gasps. It wasn't fair, none of them were as big as him, he had to move more weight around than any of them. Plus, whenever one got tired more seemed to show up.

As he was thinking this, Gomershall tripped on a branch that had been missed. He tried to keep his balance, but was only successful in lurching sideways and falling headfirst into one of the piles of branches. There was a loud snapping sound as he came down and a fuzzy heat spreading through his leg which turned to a cold numbness. He tried to look down and see what had happened and turned his head into another wayward branch which jabbed him painfully in the eye.

The Townsfolk were closing in on him in a semi-circle, working up the courage to tie him up and take him to the gallows, when a furious roar erupted from the pile. Gomershall was thrashing about, sending sticks flying and injuring some of the closer members of the mob. Everyone took several steps back, but some anonymous person in the crowd through their torch into the pile, making it a makeshift funeral/execution pyre. Several torches shortly joined his and the roars of angry dissolved into shrieks of pain.

Gomershall writhed in his cocoon of sticks and flame, driven nearly mad with the pain and fear of it. His throat was sore from his yelling and the sudden dryness in the air. But that was all instinct and it wasn't what he was focused on. All Gomershall could think, to the very end, was how very pretty the lights were.

The Magicians Adviser is dead! He was Benedict Gomershall, the Strongarm, and a Mafian!

Night Phase will last 48 hours and will end at 12:00 AM July 9th!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  TheTJ on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:22 pm

Okay, the day phase will begin in about 7.5 hours. Please send in your night actions to me via PM if you have not already.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  TheTJ on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:05 pm

Post Forthcoming

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  TheTJ on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:35 pm

Per Request: Please Listen to this while you read.

Lance sat dejectedly at the cards table. Poker had been all he was good at, but given the recent atmosphere of the town in general a game was the furthest thing from some folks' minds. He didn't begrudge them anything, they were scared and a game of cards might turn ugly, it had been known to happen. Still, it left Lance precious little to do.

He sighed quietly to himself and pushed his chair back. The bar was dark and empty save for him and the small pool of light he sat in. Henry (the Bartender) had let Lance stay in after closing time, which came at dusk just recently, provided Lance split any winnings from that night. Tonight it looked like Lance would just be passing the time by his lonesome.

He was considering racking up a game of pool when a knock on the door grabbed his attention. The light just above the entrance illuminated a gaunt man who was grinning crookedly and holding a deck of cards against the glass. "Care for a game, Lance-ey?" Oswyn sang out in a childish sing-song voice.

Normally Lance preferred larger games, just making the read on one opponent was hardly a challenge, but there hadn't been a game going all day. Besides, this was Oswyn Leventhorpe. His family had just about half the money in this entire town put together. One good game against him One-on-one could set Lance up for at least a week. "Ok Oswyn," Said Lance, undoing the door latch and letting him in, "you'll have your game. But we'll use MY deck if it's all the same to you."

Oswyn pulled a mock-hurt face. "Aw, you don't trust me? Lance, I'm wounded. Honestly." Lance just shook his head and took his seat, motioning Oswyn to take his. They set the stakes for this game which were lower than what Lance had expected, but would make Henry happy enough.

They played a few hands, most of which Lance won, and the night wore on. Lance didn't cheat, if you were wondering. He's just had a knack for telling a lie from a person's face. Oswyn was being quite now though. They'd played before and Oswyn tended to either get angry or jovial when he started to lose, but now he was.... calm. It didn't suit him. Or, to be more precise, it didn't suit Lance.

On Oswyn's turn to deal he set the cards calmly down, gathered his own into his hand, and held it in front of his eyes. A wicked grin split his lips and he muttered in a voice not wholly his own "I've got you." The last coherent thought Lance had was a strong sense telling him this was true. Then Oswyn lowered the cards he was holding and revealed eyes filled with a filthy blackness.

Lance threw himself backwards in a panic to give himself as much distance as possible from those horrid eyes. Oswyn simply stood and moved closer, lowering his head until it was even with Lance's. The eyes seemed to expand around Oswyn's face, until each was larger than his head yet still held within his face. They continued to expand, taking up the entire room, the city, the world. Nothing was now left in all creation but those depth-less, horrid black eyes. Lance's mind snapped then and his body destroyed itself in wild spasms.

Snake was killed! He was Lance Northwood, the Lie Detector, and a Townie!

Oswyn straightened up, collected his cards and money from the table, and left Lance a corpse frothing in the dark corner of the bar. Oswyn allowed himself a tight smile and hurried out.

He did not leave unnoticed. A figure hiding in the shadows had followed him to the bar. They had seen Lance stumble backward in a terrified manner and when Oswyn had left Lance was dead, foaming at the mouth. Foaming the way Father had been several months ago. Wild energy seemed to course through the figures being. Oswyn is involved! He's HERE!

With a fervent desire rushing through them to run out and confront him, the Figure schooled themself to calmness. This was not the time, not just yet, and there were others. This must be done carefully.

--------------------------------------------------

Oswyn strolled through the streets without a care in the world. Mathias had been right! The power was.... phenomenal. To think they had entrusted it to that Gomershall fellow, the lout probably didn't even realize the power he held. Oswyn did of course, he had always been quick. He walked by a large reflective window and couldn't resist the urge to flex his 'New Muscles" as he had decided to call them.

He stared into his own eyes and felt them go black. The reflection showed what he felt but... there was something in there, behind the eyes. Was it-?! He blinked and shook his head forcefully. No, probably just his fancy getting away from him. This power was HIS now.

He glanced around the street and marveled at the beauty. Before he had never really cared, but now... all the shadows, the sharp angles, the unseen spaces... it just appealed to him in a way it never had before. He hummed softly to himself, completely content. He spotted a very comfortable looking tree, standing alone with no leaves to obscure the starless sky wheeling above. He felt a happy sleepiness feeling wash over him. With this power what worry did he have for the curfew, let them do what they wished. His eyes had switched back to black without his noticing.

He strolled up to the tree as calmly as you please and made note it was next to the cemetery. He frowned at this, surely the only tree here was a withered old dead thing he had found creepy since childhood. The sleepy feeling then hit him again twice as hard and he sagged to his knees. Maybe he had just been wrong, kids often were. He settled against the tree with his hands behind his head and closed his black eyes, drifting off immediately.

In his sleep he began to lift off the ground and was chanting words a human tongue should be unable to produce. This was the state the Figure from the shadows found him in moments later, wind picking up and storm clouds rolling in. They wasted no time at all in aiming the gun and finishing things then and there. There was a bang, the figure vanished back into the shadows, and things calmed down.

The next morning the bodies of Lance and Oswyn were found. Oswyn had a bullet hole neatly in the middle of his forehead and was found sitting on a patch of dark black grass. His eyes were completely missing, leaving behind two gaping holes to match the smaller one just above them.

Minby was killed! He was Oswyn Leventhorpe, the Goon, a Mafian!

The Day Phase has begun! It will end at 12:00AM July 11th!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  DarkFalco on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Wow what a night phase. While it really sucks that we lost our lie detector so early,I'm pretty happy that someone killed another mafian. From the flavor I think it was a vig and not a serial killer though the whole eyes missing thing is kind of odd. I'm going to go back and re-read a bit and then put in my further imput.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Catterick on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 am

Ok here's what I've got from the three flips we've had since last day:

D1: Snake was voted on by Deanna and Spoon. Deanna later switched to Req too, though I'm not sold on either of them being mafia yet.
      Q speculated that a comment of Minby looked like an attempt to take heat off Relm of all people. Very small point.

D2: The day started with a wagon on me, Vsente Raya Deanna JGH TMA in that order.
      
The person I find most suspicious is JGH, because TMA wasn't actually the one who first suggested I could be cultist, it was JGH and his reasoning seemed very shaky and speculative. He also seemed to be keeping the wagon moving with his posts? Then Minby posted that of all the Req voters he suspected JGH the least.

Minby also voted Deanna, at that point making the votes Me(5), Deanna(5), TMA(6). So he was probably trying to get Deanna lynched instead of TMA, ergo Deanna=innocent?

Relm made a weird long post that seemed to be more about whether Req was a miller or not (which to me it seems obvious he was, so why speculate?) than any real response to the day's voting. It came at a time when the TMA counterwagon was picking up speed (3 votes IIRC), and seems like an attempt to distract people from lynching a mafia. He then voted Deanna, which if my hunch on Minby is correct is an innocent.

Finally Spoon, he came down very hard on me and Quaetam last phase. It just seems too aggressive for him to be mafia, and the timing is all wrong: the Cattamaran had left port by that point. I'm willing to believe he just was playing his own game.

Vote: Relm
for now with
FoS: JGH
though the two are pretty interchangeable.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 26
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  TheTJ on Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:24 am

Vsente has been replaced by Smash

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Relmitos on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:52 am

Catterick wrote:which to me it seems obvious he was, so why speculate?

Mostly because I don't believe we've ever done a role reveal upon death before, and Td's death post didn't have a role to go with it. I assure you I wouldn't have bothered with it if Td did in fact have a role to go with it when he died, but he didn't. That said, how nice of you to gloss over the rest of the post where I came up with the theory of you being Cthulu as the Cult Leader that needs people to act on him to gain recruits. "Req not really being a Miller" was not most of my post. It was a third of it, roughly. The other thirds of it being when I was attacking Deanna, and mentioning that theory of why you were fishing for a scan so hard. As for Q's little notice of Minby throwing a light defense of me possibly making us connected, are you really going to sit there and say

Catterick wrote:*shiver* But anyway, there's no way Relm would make such a schoolboy error IMO.

about when I used a few ellipses in my opening post, but you think Minby would make an error as egregious as throwing defense on a fellow mafian, especially after G19 where the town basically went ham on the mafia because they defended each other? One of the most important rules of being a mafian is don't look connected in any way. That would be a really pro play by a mafian, defended a townie so that when they drop the townie is immediately looked at, as you just did. That said, I will

Vote: Catterick

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3665
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Smashy B on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:51 am

Miss me?

As I start this post, I'm at the bottom of page 6 of the thread. I had been kinda keeping up when I wasn't playing but not really paying attention that a player should have been.



Anyway, from Day 1 the three that stuck out to me were Raya, Deanna, and Weldar. 


I initially thought that Raya's reasoning for voting Relm because of his RNG was weak (something that Vsente actullay pointed out too), but so is voting via RNG so really this tells me nothing, and now I sound like a backpedaler. I didn't find Surge suspicious, but I find it odd that Raya wasn't listed in Surge's list of those that posted once or very little. Unless I missed something Raya posted once. This is rather crack-pot, but should either Surge or Raya flip mafia, the other may be connected. That said, of this short list of suspicions, I don't find Raya that high up there, but I'm keeping my eye on her. It's also worth noting that I thought that Raya's thoughts for voting Catterick Day 2 were valid, even if Catterick didn't stand out to me Day 1.


Deanna stuck out to me because of her first post day one. Her vote for Snake seemed suspicious to me, but it's kind of the same story with Raya. But then her vote on Requiem was the tie breaker leading o a day one mislynch. Thenon page 6 Catterick gives reasons for why none of the people that voted for Requiem are mafia, and I'm inclined to agree with that reasoning. 

Weldar stands out to me because he didn't post Day 1 and I know that Weldar doesn't like being mafia and tends to be less active when mafia.

From this point on I'm writing up thoughts as i get caught up to page 10.

welp, there goes my lead on Weldar!


Deanna wrote:I haven't even begun to analyze Catt's vote on Req yet, but his now-justification of "Mafia has a stronger attitude of Self-Preservation" is baloney. If you're town, the absolute worst thing you can do for your faction is eat a lynch (unless your role aids town in some way following a lynch that's more valuable than your presence in the game).

This makes me suspicious of Deanna again. I disagree. I think that it's not the worst thing if you are a townie and eat a lynch, because doing so can help point out leads to possible scum. A toenis that gets lynched can still win with the town. Weldar in the last game could have fought tooth and nail to save himself but decided to go down because he admitted that he was a good lead, and the town had some cushion for a townie-lynch. Side note, even the guides and notes for new players at the SF forums (I skimmed it) say that as a townie, you should not be afraid to die. When looking at the final vote tally for Day 2, I thought of Deanna a little less suspicious because Minby voted for Deanna late in the phase, but TMA was in the lead so that tie didn't mean anything in the end. Even though Minby posted an argument for Deanna and decided to not bus TMA I can't shake my suspicion of her.

I don't think Catterick is scum. I also don't think Q is either.

I also think Spoon is suspicious because of his lack of activity up until the end of Day 2. If we don't lynch Deanna, I wouldn't mind pursuing a lynch on him.

As for other people I haven't mentioned, you're not on my radar right now.

Vote: Deanna

It's close to 8am now and that's WAY past my Australian bedtime.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  SurgePox on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:39 am

I think we should lynch Deanna today and I think Minbys vote tells us a lot why.

On it's face, it seems ridiculous to think that Minby could switch from one Mafian (TMA) to another (Deanna, if my theory is correct). However, it's possible Minby was angling for a vote split that would save both, in which case neither subjects alignment really matters. That kind of begs the question of why he didn't switch to Catterick, in fact with finals votals it would have been a successful split and save. However, I think minby didn't want to be seen voting in the final phase for a townie (I think Catt is a townie) and wanted to keep his votes on scum in case it backfired or someone died. I will note though that it is possible to analyze this the other way, that Minby, as scum, was willing to move his vote onto Deanna because she was not town, and even possibly, that Catterick is a mafian hence why he avoided him. The difference is that I have no other evidence to lynch Catterick, and my reasoning points to him being town, whereas Deanna is lynchable for other reasons. It's not an impossible way to analyze his vote, however.

We now know for sure Minby is scum. We should analyze his moves since they will be more telling than TMAs who kind of a random player.

So again, it's just a lean and a lot of other info supports this, but I feel strongly about that Deanna is our best lead Vote: Deanna

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Catterick on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:43 am

Relmitos wrote: As for Q's little notice of Minby throwing a light defense of me possibly making us connected, are you really going to sit there and say

Catterick wrote:*shiver* But anyway, there's no way Relm would make such a schoolboy error IMO.

about when I used a few ellipses in my opening post, but you think Minby would make an error as egregious as throwing defense on a fellow mafian, especially after G19 where the town basically went ham on the mafia because they defended each other? One of the most important rules of being a mafian is don't look connected in any way. That would be a really pro play by a mafian, defended a townie so that when they drop the townie is immediately looked at, as you just did. That said, I will

Vote: Catterick
To be fair, I think that's different levels of scumminess you're equating there. RNG votes such as your D1 one can often look really scummy. Whereas what Minby did was say

This is mafia. Anything anyone does is scummy. Hell, if I self voted right now, a bunch of people would probably be on me trying to get me killed.

after Raya voted for you. It's not an obvious defence, and had Q not pointed out how it came after Raya's post I would have taken it as a stand-alone statement. I don't think Minby would've minded "defending" in this oblique way, especially on D1. Just gently steering the conversation away from a potential bandwagon. Then again it's been a while since I read G19 and maybe that was exactly what brought the mafia down.

Also I'm a bit confused by your final sentence  "That would be a really pro play by a mafian, defended a townie so that when they drop the townie is immediately looked at, as you just did" With the wording I'm not sure if you're accusing me of something and if that's the reason you're voting me?

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 26
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Sahrimnir on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 pm

When Magician's Adviser flipped Mafia, that made me pretty sure Deanna was as well. I think they were working together in trying to get Cat lynched.

Minby's vote on Deanna made me somewhat less sure, but a couple of people have given some valid possibilities why he would do that even if they were both mafians, so those doubts have been diminished.

Vote: Deanna

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

Posts : 1112
Join date : 2009-12-22
Age : 27
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Relmitos on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:21 pm

Catterick wrote:Also I'm a bit confused by your final sentence  "That would be a really pro play by a mafian, defended a townie so that when they drop the townie is immediately looked at, as you just did" With the wording I'm not sure if you're accusing me of something and if that's the reason you're voting me?

No, Minby who was a mafian threw a defense on me, he died, flipped mafian, and you pointed at the fact that he defended me as part of the reasoning for a vote on me. Granted Q did first, but yeah. Minby's master plan has worked at least a little.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3665
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Catterick on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Relmitos wrote:
Catterick wrote:Also I'm a bit confused by your final sentence  "That would be a really pro play by a mafian, defended a townie so that when they drop the townie is immediately looked at, as you just did" With the wording I'm not sure if you're accusing me of something and if that's the reason you're voting me?

No, Minby who was a mafian threw a defense on me, he died, flipped mafian, and you pointed at the fact that he defended me as part of the reasoning for a vote on me. Granted Q did first, but yeah. Minby's master plan has worked at least a little.
But your vote on me indicates that you believe I'm mafia. Does that mean, that you believe every interaction between Minby and me was fabricated? We called each other out a lot this game. Seems a bit of a leap.

I don't mind you voting for me, but at the moment it just seems sort of reactionary to my vote and I was wanting to test your convictions.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 26
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Relmitos on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:28 pm

If by "a lot" you mean minor mentioning in 3 posts each, then yeah, you did.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3665
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:26 pm

With that Cthulhu theory, I think he believes you to be cult. And hunting cult is much more difficult. Hell, if Td hadn't been killed, we'll still be in the dark.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3159
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Raya on Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:31 pm

Okay, currently wading through the thread now I'm back home.

Firstly I have to say describing the bandwagon on Catt as a cattamaran made me laugh far more than it should have done. Catt, if we were allowed to upvote in this game I'd totally give up a +1 for that Laughing 

Regarding my vote on Catt, I posted shortly before I left on holiday, where I knew I wasn't going to be able to post again until I got back. I wanted to get a vote in rather than do nothing all phase, so I voted for Catt who, at my time of posting, seemed the most logical to vote for. Then the debate kicked off about MAD, but I was unable to participate due to not actually being around.

So far my suspicions are mainly falling on Deanna, Sah and Spoon. Deanna has been discussed earlier, Sah and Spoon for their odd posts/vote history. It's currently late and I'm tired after the journey, so will make a proper post/vote in the morning once I'm more alert.

_________________
HG/SS Friends Code: 2364 8721 9695   B/W Friends Code: 2193 7770 9554   X/Y Friends Code:1805-2682-3033
"Foxes never lose their tricks, do they?" - Quaetman
"We'll be going about our business one day and then someone will be like "hm, where's Barda" and Raya will all suspiciously be like "WELL DON'T LOOK AT ME"..." - Rocket Admin Camilla
King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4550
Join date : 2009-08-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Deanna on Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:25 pm

Interesting to see the cases on me, since some seem to involve associative reads between me and Catt, (unclipped association) and me and Minby (which, makes sense, I won't lie). Though, riddle me this, people. Why would I, as mafia, link myself with somebody so early in the game, and intentionally at that? Sure, WIFOM exists, but there's casing and tthere's grasping for straws.

I'm losing my confidence in Scum!Catt because I don't think Minby would push a case on his buddy when he could've easily pushed a case on nearly anyone else for any other reason. Buddying was unnecessary at the time, and a little bit of work could've led to a successful case on most other players, including afk ppl. Granted he voted me, but he voted me for who he argued as his top scumread. Unless you think he was superbussing me, and arguing for a lynch on his buddy Magician AS WELL, look elsewhere, and harder

I'm about to get my daughter in the bath, but I gaurentee to all of you that voting me because I'm mafia and was buddying with X or associating with Y are wrong, as I'm not aligned with any of y'all. I was gifted by the good Host of your site with a Survivor role. It's about as bad as it could possibly be though, in terms of Survivor roles, but is can't out why.

Q is incredibly townie. I don't think Spoon is town. His case againdt Catt seems weak, as he never reallyexplains why he tthinks Catt is scum, just that he is.

##vote Spoony Experiment

Right now I'm bias against snake for obvious reasons. I need to clear my head and look at him when I'm not still peeved at his person.

Deanna
Toad Thug

Posts : 28
Join date : 2014-06-25
Age : 28
Location : Serenesforest.net/forums Mafia Subforum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:25 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum