Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Quaetam on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:49 pm

OH okay yeah I didn't think about your one night absence.  That should do fine then.

Probably better we didn't get your help on Weldar since he was a godfather Razz

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:51 am

I think every time I play this game it's a 50/50 shot at me being Mafia. But this was the first time I was ever the Cop, or a Cop. I jumped into this game rusty and with no net and I think I did alright. Well why break tradition for this game VOTE:DRTJR. But what time I spent here talking of Carocasa and Hastur was been well spent

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Vote: DRTJR

DRTJR wrote: But what time I spent here talking of Carocasa and Hastur was been well spent

It would've been pretty fun if there was a role that gained powers based on the number of times the King In Yellow's name was mentioned, but I could see it getting out of hand Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:57 pm

Sorry I forgot to act last night phase due to shenanigans D: As for my vote...pretty obvious. Going to vote: DRTJR

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:29 am

Vote: DRTJR

I self protected last night thinking DarkFalco would vig kill DRTJR and I just wanted to ensure I'd survive to end-game. Also I kept reminding Surge to post in mafia last day phase but he was too busy fixing his cosplay whenever we weren't at Comic Con. :V

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:33 am

Raya wrote:Vote: DRTJR

DRTJR wrote: But what time I spent here talking of Carocasa and Hastur was been well spent

It would've been pretty fun if there was a role that gained powers based on the number of times the King In Yellow's name was mentioned, but I could see it getting out of hand Razz
I remember the last time I was Candlejack... Weldar hadn't really planned for such high popularity. :B

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:00 pm

Okay, super useful day phase there, lot of conversation Razz

The day Phase is now over, death post coming in a bit.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:54 pm

Shoot shoot SHOOT!

The File I was typing up the deathpost in closed for no reason I can see and I lost a solid 50ish minutes of writing. And I have to get up in four hours.

I hate to do this, especially considering the fact I never did get around to doing TD's post, but I have to postpone the actual post things until after work tomorrow.

And THEN I'm going to be at a con this weekend and might not be able to make a massive post. The Hotel I'm going to be staying at apparently has NON-free wifi. What the hell, right?

In any case:

DRTJR was lynched! He was Your Role is: "Avery Waldegrave" the Role Cop, alignment Mafia.

Night Phase has begun and will last until 12:00 AM August 2

...Sorry again for the post.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:11 pm

So we should be allowed to post now, but I don't want to in case I died. Neutral I guess TheTJ will be afk for a while??

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:00 pm

Ok, so I'm back now and I apologize for the wait. I'm working on the Deathpost now and have written a bit, and then it's on to DRTJRs and TDs deathposts, which I told you I'd get around to.

But in order to let you guys get started here is the result of last night:

Smash was killed! He was "Luke Geoferry" the Doctor Role, alignment Town.

The Day Phase has begun! It will last until 12:00AM July 7th.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:24 pm

Okay, so DarkFalco is also a townie. Do we have anyone left who hasn't been cleared either by my scanning or in some other way?

I've cleared Cat and Surge is apparently cleared by extension (they were the lovers, right?). I've also cleared Raya. I haven't technically cleared Q, but considering the heavy blows he has dealt to the Mafia, he's unlikely to be one of them... Unless he's trying to pull off some really advanced gambit where he sacrifices everyone else so we'll trust him? How likely do you think that is? Or did I miss anyone?

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:28 pm

Ninja'd by Sah just before I posted.

Remaining players:

Quaetam
Surgepox
Darkfalco
Catterick
Raya
Sahrimnir

The fact that the game is still going on shows there's still something out there that's a threat. I think it's either another mafian, a third party such as the SK or the cult is still around. I doubt it's the mafia based on how many have already died, and it seems highly unlikely the cult is still around. Granted there could be a possibility of an early recruit still being alive, but I doubt it. I'm leaning more towards a third party.

Out of the remaining players Sah, Catt, DF and myself have been cleared. That means then that whoever is against the town is in the remaining two.

Quaetam: Q has pretty much been proven as the roleblocker, but it's not unheard of for that to be a mafia role. Although he's been fighting for the town he's well known for throwing his teammates under the bus and gaining the town's trust. Seems town but is always that doubt.

Surge: Surge has been shifty all game, but his main defence is Catt's claim. Now a town/mafia loverbond isn't unheard of, and the main problem is if lynching Surge takes out Catt too, which could mean two townies dying.

So then who do we go for?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:03 pm

Well, doing the maths it's riskier to go for Surge.

If Q is the remaining bad guy and we take out Surge, we'll lose Catt as well. Then Q can take out another townie making it three people left. Then the remaining two townies should be able to take care of Q, but who knows what might happen.

If Surge is the remaining bad guy and we take out Q, we'll only lose Q. That gives us one more townie to take care of Surge next day phase if he is the last bad guy.

So...

Vote: Quaetam

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:27 pm

Firstly Raya, I believe we have one more mafia to find. 6 mafia in a game this size isn't unusual, 6 is 25% of 24 and we had 22 so not far off.

I just lost the rest of my post so I'm keeping it short. Q is likely town, it doesn't make sense for him to be mafia at all.

Surge however, does. Vote: Surge

if you want reasons, just look at his vote record. never voted for mafian. plus, absent yet not modkilled. role pm did not state we'd be the same alignment, or even if we'd die together (explaining why the mafia would frame me N1)

plus, lovers in TJ's last game got one day before dying once one had died. could be the same here.

finally, was seen in Fed's death post interacting with gent of 60-odd. if DRTJR's death post comes out and he's that old geezer, then it means Surge is definitely mafia, so look out for that.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:06 pm

Ok, the above was a bit brash, maybe I should clarify a bit more.

Surge and I PMed each other about three times during the game, and his messages were totally town read to me. I never suspected him based on that. It's the fact that he disappeared entirely that gets me suspicious.

Some things don't add up. Like DRTJR voting for him one time, putting the votes on him at 2. He actually PMed me at this point saying how he might have to claim. I advised him not to.

Other things do seem a bit strange. Remember, when Relm targeted one of us and it said we interacted, even though we weren't PMing that night phase? I asked Surge about that and he said that we were probably just always trackable because of our role, which is possible and yet not satisfying me completely. Remember, Relm said it was Surge targeting me. Not us targeting each other.

Also, I was wrong about the female lover interacting with the elderly man in Fed's death post, sorry. The three of us were just on the same street.

Nevertheless, my vote still stands.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:31 am

I'm agreeing with Sah that just from looking at the numbers it's a less of a risk to lynch Q than Surge, based on what happens if either turn up as town.

A thought did occur to me about the possibility of the cult still being alive. TD died N1 and Deanna D3. If we say Deanna was the recruiter that means 2 nights of recruiting and two extra cultists. Since nobody has since turned up as cult (unless in the unlikely event that both Surge AND Q were the recruits), I think TD was the recruiter. He died N1, which means he still could have recruited someone if he acted in the night. I doubt he recruited Deanna, as he seems to be a very unlikely target; he's a new player and nobody had any idea of his play style. I think TD would have gone for a proven target, someone who would be an asset to the cult. Both Surge and Q fit the bill.

Vote: Quaetam

Also I did have a tinfoil hat moment earlier wondering if Catt/Surge might actually be MB/pawn rather than lovers...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:07 pm

I really doubt it's the cult. Deanna seemed pretty on the level about what the cult was and did. Td was the recruiter, he forgot to recruit N1 (or died before he could) which is consistent with the fact that he was afk at the time I believe. Deanna had to be alive for him to recruit, once Td died she was given a survivors win con. This sounds like a balanced cult that just got really unlucky losing the recruiter N1.

I would also like to know, who Q role-blocked last night, seeing as that might shed light on things. And DF is lying low today as well, we need to hear from her.

Finally Sah, remember he's not confirmed, his cop claim can be easily manufactured by the mafia. In fact, if that was the case I can almost see a scum slip from him: remember when he told us that TJ had told him that Raya was the survivor. If he's just a regular cop, why did it say "survivor" instead of "third-party" or "none?" The mafia did have a role cop, however, so that's how he could've known Raya's role, rather than simply alignment. And we did have a night where Sah was blocked, and there was no kill. It's worth thinking about.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Catterick wrote:Finally Sah, remember he's not confirmed, his cop claim can be easily manufactured by the mafia. In fact, if that was the case I can almost see a scum slip from him: remember when he told us that TJ had told him that Raya was the survivor. If he's just a regular cop, why did it say "survivor" instead of "third-party" or "none?" The mafia did have a role cop, however, so that's how he could've known Raya's role, rather than simply alignment. And we did have a night where Sah was blocked, and there was no kill. It's worth thinking about.

The cop role reads alignments, and my alignment is 'Survivor'. Third party is generally a term for non townie/mafian roles, it's not an alignment in itself. This is why I believe Sah is the cop, he correctly named my Survivor alignment. The odds of doing that if he can't genuinely scan are pretty low.

Sah pretending to be the cop and using the mafian cop information is a good theory, I'll give you that. But 6 mafians are dead, and if Sah is another one that makes 7 in a 21 player game, seems rather unbalanced, especially in a game that had a cult.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Raya wrote:Sah pretending to be the cop and using the mafian cop information is a good theory, I'll give you that. But 6 mafians are dead, and if Sah is another one that makes 7 in a 21 player game, seems rather unbalanced, especially in a game that had a cult.
5 mafians have died: TMA, Minby, Spont, Weldar, DRTJR. I still think there's one more.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:37 pm

Catterick wrote:5 mafians have died: TMA, Minby, Spont, Weldar, DRTJR. I still think there's one more.

My bad, I was going off TJ's opening post, he still has Knightowl listed instead of DRTJR. I counted DRTJR as a separate player, not as a sub Razz Scratch that theory then.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:49 pm

Catterick wrote:Some things don't add up. Like DRTJR voting for him one time, putting the votes on him at 2. He actually PMed me at this point saying how he might have to claim. I advised him not to.

Other things do seem a bit strange. Remember, when Relm targeted one of us and it said we interacted, even though we weren't PMing that night phase? I asked Surge about that and he said that we were probably just always trackable because of our role, which is possible and yet not satisfying me completely. Remember, Relm said it was Surge targeting me. Not us targeting each other.
Just reread over Q and Surge's posts since they're our targets for today, and I have more to comment on these things.

Regarding DRTJR voting for him, this was immediately below Weldar bussing Spont. So perhaps DRTJR was bussing Surge, in an attempt to split votes, clear some of the remaining mafians, etc. Especially if, as Surge's PM to me suggests, he was planning to use the 2 votes on him as an excuse to claim, thereby clearing him and buying himself a little time. It seems a bit strange to me, that he would think he'd have to claim with only 2 votes on him. This was the one time he initiated a conversation with me instead of the other way around.

My second point, how Relm saw him interacting with me on N4, leans heavily on how TheTJ handles the lovers role. However, it seems to me sensible that if the lovers didn't talk that night, they shouldn't be tied together in a tracker scan. And remember, N4 was the night we had no mafia kill - I think it's established that JGH was shot by the vigilante, and Natasha was modkilled.

Finally, I think the Surge's few votes have been mildly telling. On D2, he came in late to defend TMA and vote Deanna. D3 he got in early to vote firmly for Deanna, and D4 the same thing, a firm, early vote on Spoon. We know how those lynches turned out.

Meanwhile Q has been playing very town to me all game. I don't know how to explain it better but every move he's made seems to have been to the town's advantage and the mafia's disadvantage. The only thing that bugs me is that he hasn't defended himself yet, and that he didn't roleblock to prevent smashbro's death? - it wouldn't be hard to pick the most suspicious player remaining to block, as most of us are clear.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:10 am

I don't think I've ever seen a lover lead an bandwagon on thier loverbonded partner. Wow. We talked about this earlier actually, if you'll recall Catt, and it was our agreement that I lay low and try to pull scum votes. I never thought YOU would go ahead on it but I guess here we are.

Last scum is Raya, unless I've missed something. It's pretty much not Q unless we've misread him but he would be my next in line pick.

Also, onto your argument about Relms role, I think you're interpreting it all wrong, you have to see it from the hosts perspective: TJ doesn't inherently know if we are sending posts back and forth until he gets our recaps. It seems likely to be the case that when Relm tracked me, TJ assumed we were still connected, or decided for fluff reasons that the lovers are inherently tracked to each other. We can test this, actually, by having Relm track you and seeing what happens.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:31 am

Hey guys; I'm sorry for delaying this when I've been put on the spot.  I've got a lot on my plate these days due to my workload, which is growing at an alarming rate. 

This is going to be an ugly mess of a wall but...

At this point, this game is solved.  Here's why:

First, when DRTJR died it seemed pretty clear he thought it was over for the mafia and left us with a few possibilities.  Either A) we're facing a SK, B) we're facing a final mafian (no way there's 7 so there could literally only be one more) or C) we've just got a residual cultist.

Last night I blocked DarkFalco - I figured if there was no kill she'd be a good lynch test or future cop scan as possible SK, and if there still was a kill she'd be totally clear.  As a kill did take place this means that with smashbro dead we're dealing with a mafia member or a SK, and that, coupled with the inno scan, means DarkFalco cannot be scum.  So we have one hostile killer remaining.  Yes a cultist could be lurking around, but we should be able to narrow that down quickly as well. 

Because we know DarkFalco has been scanned inno and Raya has been scanned Survivor -- and both occured well after the possible CLs were dead -- they're both clear as either mafia or cult Due to Sah being verified as Cop by his scanning Raya as Survivor, not just Third Party, he basically can't be mafia - especially when they already had a Rolecop.  That'd be too lucky a guess.

My conclusion:

Barring unlikely edge-cases including multiple cultists or killing roles remaining, or Raya being a SK that scans as survivor we have this:

Only possible Mafia/SK: Catterick, Surge, Quaetam
  > This is because we know DF and Raya are scanned as clear alignments, and we know Sah is cop - unless the mafia had a Cop and a RoleCop at once he's clear.
Only possible cultists: Catterick, Surge, Quaetam, Sahrimnir
  > See the above logic - with the sole caveat that Sah, as cop, could be cult converted.

Because Surge and Cat are loverbonded, I actually think a lynch towards one of them is the best move today.  Both of them fall onto both possibility lists.  Catterick is strongly reading town for me as he has all game but Surge is a very reasonable suspicion right now.  If Surge dies Catterick also dies - this means we're actually solving the game right now against both the mafia and the cult.  Here are the ways this can play out:

(A) - One of the two is the hostile killer, game ends.  Parties and love for everyone. Except cthulu because fuck that guy.

(B) - One of the two is the hostile killer, game doesn't end.  At this point the only remaining suspect is the cultist - which could only be me or Sahrimnir. DarkFalco can shoot either myself or Sahrimnir and we lynch the other tomorrow.  I'm happy to be shot in this case if it helps us clear this up.

(C) - One of the two is the final cultist and the other is the hostile killer.  Game ends - if it doesn't somehow take the same approach to B, and shoot one of me or Sah, and lynch the other tomorrow.  Again, I'm happy to take the hit for the team.

And the two worst case scenarios:

(D) - One of the two is a (assumedly the final) cultist, and the hostile killer isn't caught. 

(E) - Both are townie. My brain will finally be fried after 26 rounds, and I'll cry a little inside.

In either case, take the same approach:  If (D) or (E) pan out we know there's a hostile killer around, so vigilante, hold your fire - if you kill the wrong person and the hostile also makes a kill, the game will be overCop, scan me tonight to verify my innocence (as we know the godfather is dead - see Weldar's death post) and we'll go from there.

Of the two I still stand behind my Day 2 logic where the mafia really built up that wagon against Catterick to frame him so I doubt he's the hostile killer - and with Deanna part of that wagon I doubt he's cult, although it's possible.  I'm going to - Vote: Surge - Semantically, there's no difference between lynching one or the other due to the loverbond, but he's the counter to my current wagon.

I'm open to other options but they seem to be slim barring the edge cases I listed above, and this might be the case where the lovers taking one for the team will lock lock all possibilities into place.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:35 am

Sorry I didn't tl;dr that. and sorry it didn't really look at your post too much Surge, I ust had to get that up after working on it for like an hour.  I'll do my best to address you here.

I don't think I've ever seen a lover lead an bandwagon on thier loverbonded partner. Wow. We talked about this earlier actually, if you'll recall Catt, and it was our agreement that I lay low and try to pull scum votes. I never thought YOU would go ahead on it but I guess here we are.
- Surge

I'm definitely also surprised he's so forward in his push but I'm a little more confident Cat isn't scum for the simple fact that he's pushing you - a scum lover who's likely the last scum standing wouldn't push their bond partner because that lynch would be suicidal.  Townies are typically willing to take one for the team.

Last scum is Raya, unless I've missed something. It's pretty much not Q unless we've misread him but he would be my next in line pick. - Surge

I'm thinking about this one but I'm just kind of concerned - she was directly scanned as "Survivor".  Not "Third Party" but "Survivor".  Unless she's a SK with "Survivor" alignment for a weird awkward twist she's clean.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:13 am

I don't really see why a Survivor is a weird alignment for an SK since literally all they do is try to survive to the end. An SK could choose to make no kills and still win by not being eliminated.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:49 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next