Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  SurgePox on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:27 pm

Sorry for the weird formatting it all turned lime when I copied TheTJs list and I used the black color option to turn it back.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:32 pm

"fabricate some reason for a serious vote"? I voted for DF to put some pressure on her. Could've been anyone with a vote already on them. I dislike when people just vote for a random person with 0 votes that they know will never get lynched - who does that help? To me such people are (a)building up a safe vote record and/or (b)minimizing culpability. Townies should not be afraid to lynch and to give serious reasoning.

Now lynching DF will potentially give us leads, such as why Req unvoted her, and why subsequent votes on me were cast. Still there's a few hours of the phase left and I will change my vote if something more substantial comes up.

EDIT for Surge: oh shoot, I didn't know DF was away. That sucks, I feel bad for voting for her now. In the interests of fairness I feel I should

Unvote: DarkFalco

back to the drawing board I guess.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:44 pm

@TD

To be honest, I don't see Snake being a dick here. I wouldn't even cpunt Catterck being called a weirdo as an insult, since we're all kind of weird around here, we just don't notice it that much anymore Razz

My grudgevote from last game would be Q, but this is kinda pointless. I don't get Req's vote on him, really.

Catterick I see jumping to conclusions. How can you really pool Req and DF together, if DF hasn't posted at all as of yet?(I think she is currently in Seattle for a job interview, so I expect her to participate more on Day 2, provided she lives).

This is turning into a little bandwagon on Catterick, it seems. I'm not quite sure, how I feel about it. Looking at last game, his playstyle is consistent. Meaning that he is like a rabid dog chasing cars. There is a lot of crackpot in there, but at least it keeps the discussion going, which I value more at this point. Definately worth a scan though, IMO.

I'm going with a Vote:KnightOwl

I don't like the pushes going for Snake and DF. Snake is being active and DF has yet to post. There are a few votes out there lacking sense, but the timing feels weird, so shortly after td(who didn't give any reason at all, which he could have at this stage of the day, worth noting). To me, it looks like as if it shouldn't appear to be on a random person, but for someone who might be get lynched but yet innocent enough to not be that noteworthy(especially with the added note, that it would be the last post of the day).

(Also before I forget, happy belated birthday Q! Totally forgot to talk to you on Skype)

And with that, off to bed. Also ninja'd by Surge.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:54 pm

Alright, sorry guys, I took a nap earlier. Anyway, I voted for Q because I wasn't really confident on the DF line, or any of the others, and Q's a good target choice for me. Also because he referred to them as Night Lynches (I think that's what NL stands for), which makes me think that, combined with his previous nights drinking, he might have slipped up and wrote something wrong. I'm also just kind of picking shit out of thin air here because it's day one and nobody has actually done anything that I would deem as suspicious behaviour.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:01 pm

Two hours left to get you votes in!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Sorry I haven't posted a lot, I sincerely haven't had much to say. In the meantime, I can say with definite certainty that I have little to comment on, aside from the small discussion of forum etiquette, the newly formed thoughts on inactive players, and the barely breathing discussion of the Day One lynch. While I have very little experience with this game, I've heard both sides of the argument. One thing I'm fairly certain I can say here is that while losing a townie day one DOES hurt, there's usually a high enough Townie- Mafiian ratio that a d1 lynch is worth it, even on a mislynch. if we fail, we pick ourselves back up and look for leads, knowing we still have plenty of time to recover. If we hit a mafian, then go team townie. As for people being inactive, the rarity of viable topics is a thing. The other thing that comes to mind is just the likelihood that irl stuff came up that kept them from getting to the game. Obviously these bits are heresay, but I figured I should weigh in anyway.

Also Req, I'm pretty sure nl means no lynch.

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:37 pm

Requiem wrote:Alright, sorry guys, I took a nap earlier. Anyway, I voted for Q because I wasn't really confident on the DF line, or any of the others, and Q's a good target choice for me. Also because he referred to them as Night Lynches (I think that's what NL stands for), which makes me think that, combined with his previous nights drinking, he might have slipped up and wrote something wrong. I'm also just kind of picking shit out of thin air here because it's day one and nobody has actually done anything that I would deem as suspicious behaviour.

First off, you are going to say he let something 'slip' because he had been drinking? By the same logic, could the drinking not have him simply make a mistake? Jumping on this is a bit weak. Also 'NL' is a No Lynch.

In regards to switching off DF, it IS rather odd, still, to switch off of her.

Vote: Requiem

Surge: Thanks for giving a valid reason for DF's absence as I wouldn't have had a clue. As for my not posting, yesterday was Canada Day and I was stuck working instead of celebrating. In addition I woke up sick today and can only post now because I called in sick for a TV shoot.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:18 pm

I'm going to vote Req as well. Everybody is acting pretty much like they always act, including him in that he does vote for Q a lot. But that last post seemed a little overly apologetic to me, for want of a better word. It's a small thing but people have been voting all day on small things so whatever.

My other choice would've been Weldar, just for the unexpected absence, combined with this player saying that when they're mafia, they're a lot less invested in the game.

At any rate the 4 pages of D1 discussion will hopefully help our information roles put the pieces together once we move on to D2.

Vote: Requiem

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:38 pm

baaaaaaaa i cannot sheep any harder than i am now

Seriously, voting someone for a suspected slip while under the influence is reeeeeeeeeeeally graspy. Like, sure, it's something, but your justification came late, and while conviction is a good thing to have when making votes, conviction on a D1 RVS vote is far from substantial. Unless you have a role-related reason that you feel like outing now, there really is no case to go on, and Q's lack of a response (which I'm guessing is because he's just not been online since [strike]despite him being listed as online right now[strike], indicates a non-bus push.

##Unvote
##Vote Requiem

Deanna
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:51 pm

"Consider these the greatest Votals you've ever seen!" Votals

Reqiuem (3): JGH27, Catterick, Deanna
Catterick (2): TD260, KnightOwl
DarkFalco (2): Requiem, Sahrimnir
Spont (1): Relmitos
Quaetam (1): Spontaneous Combustion
Snake (1): SpoonMan Abrams X
Natasha (1): The Magician's Adviser
Relmitos (1): Raya
Minby_Aran (1): Natasha
Raya (1): Vsente
Sahrimnir (1): Quaetam
KnightOwl (1): Fedaykin

No Lynch (1): SurgePox

Voteless Chumps: Weldar, DarkFalco, Snake, Minby_Aran

Day 1 ends in approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes. A vote tie results in a No Lynch. Also, since the rules don't mention this; does this game feature a Phase-ending Hammer count (50%+1 majority, two-thirds+1 majority, etc) or a vote minimum requirement?

These are how I do votals on my home site. I hope you don't mind me just throwing these up here like this, it's kind of a force of habit, since I host a lot

Deanna
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Well, I COULD switch votes to attempt to save myself. I could. But... I won't. Have fun guys! Also, my bad on the NL thing *Shrugs*

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:54 pm

oh shoot my votals has 1 hour and 10 minutes, it's 10 minutes ( i have the wrong time zone set for my account )

Deanna
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:57 pm

Deanna wrote:Also, since the rules don't mention this; does this game feature a Phase-ending Hammer count (50%+1 majority, two-thirds+1 majority, etc) or a vote minimum requirement?

Huh... New quote box system. Neat. Anyway, it depends on the host. Some of us have done it that way, others don't. Normally we don't though because votes shift pretty frequently here.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:58 pm

Req if you're innocent I'll move my vote. Neutral I think only claiming can do it, we could scan you but I bet the cop doesn't want to come this early. Still tie the vote if you're an innocent.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Well, you could scan me but it wouldn't do you any good, that's all I'm gonna tell you *One Minute Left*

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Typically no, as votes sometimes due come down to the last minute. Even when there IS a major majority during a dayphase.

Not even going to attempt to fight to stay alive?

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:01 pm

well in case we look like the three scummiest scums in scum town right now, I don't mind being scanned. Although I'm not sure if it's bad etiquette to say that, seems advantageous for town

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Nah, a death is more beneficial to the town on day one, even if it's my death. Besides, the SA game will be starting in a few days, so I'll have something else to occupy me. Besides, I'm really interested in watching how this one goes down. Phase is over guys.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Okay, The Day Phase is over! I'll do a double check on the votes and do the end phase post now.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:13 pm

Ambrose Penhallick sat sullenly in the bar. He had done his best to be a good citizen, paid taxes, stayed in the speed limit, left his mattress tags unmolested, none of it seems to matter. Ever since the accident people gave him odd looks, thought he had hit Jack on purpose, out of jealousy. Of course it had been an accident. Hell, Jack practically jumped into the middle of the road expecting traffic to swerve around him.

But that was the difference between people like Jack and Ambrose, the former took all the good luck and the latter got what was left. The fundraiser that started to help pay for Jack's medical bills had started out as some guys passing around the hat and had snowballed into enough money for Jack to make a major payment on a new car on top of expenses. Meanwhile Ambrose had to drive around town with the dent in his hood (At which people would stare at accusingly, of course) until he could save up enough to have it fixed.

He drained his glass and asked the bartender for another.

Of course, somethings just never are fair, are they? Some people life just loves to use as as punching bags. Ambrose just wished things had panned out a bit more fairly for him. He wasn't complaining, exactly, although maybe he should... it was just that while things weren't bad like they were now, they were never good either. Hard to say you're just having bad luck for a while if you've never had the good to balance it.

"Eeeeggghh, who ev'n cares? Life's just goin' to dump misfurtins -*hic* - misfortunes on my back 'til it breaks. Might as well 'mbrace it, eh?" As his luck would have it (and it inevitably did) that was the precise moment the discontent rabble entered. They were in a sour mood and if things escalated they'd be a full-blown angry mob in no time, they just needed the right trigger.

Most of them sat around the bar, although few ordered drinks. All were talking about the murder, as of COURSE it was a murder, man doesn't just lose his kneecaps like that! That's deliberate! Some sat next to Ambrose who was so in his cups he failed to notice the lack of suspicious stares. One man clapped Ambrose on the shoulder and said "Nasty buisness this, isn't it? Who do you thinks to blame, eh?" Ambrose teetered in his seat a bit from the back-slap and turned to the man. He then said something that only a man with his luck could have said.

"Well, t'was prolly down to me, wan'nit? I mean, a' COURSE I did it!"

The bar got very still then, most people looking at him now, and remembering Jack Hillsby's "accident" and how everyone said it was Ambrose who'd had it in for him. Maybe the body belonged to Jack and they just couldn't tell. He'd even just confessed right here.

The man sitting next to Ambrose cleared his throat carefully and chose his next words with care. "Are you saying that you killed that man last night?" Ambrose turned sharply at this, and the townsfolk who had edged in close behind him flinched away as one, as if he had pulled out a shotgun and started firing randomly. Ambrose didn't know anything about the man's death, he had been at home, working on his budget, and had become depressed enough to head down here to wallow in misery.  But now he looked around and saw the same judgmental expressions he'd grown used to, only stronger. And he got angry.

"Soooo, s'THIS what you think of me?" he slurred, standing up and taking a staggering step into the middle of the crowd. "Are you NEVER happy without some'un to blame for e'ry lil' thing? Well, I guess it ALWAYS had to be ME, huh? Well y'know what?! 'M sick of it!" With this he took a haymaker swing at the nearest man.

The bar fight that took place was short, no more than 40 seconds, but after that swing there was a crush of bodies around Ambrose and when they pulled away he had a knife jutting from his neck horribly. The people nearest him tried to edge for the door without drawing attention to themselves, but everyone else stared at the body in a sort of grim satisfaction.

Requiem has been killed! He was "Ambrose Penhallick" the Miller, and a Townie!

Night Phase will last until 12:00AM July 5th! Please send your Night actions in before then!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:21 am

Well, I died guys, so make use of my death. *Sits Down To Watch The Show From The Other Side*

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:34 pm

5 1/2 hours left to get your actions in. If I don't have them by then you'll be put down as taking no action.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:03 pm

It is midnight, night actions are done.

Due to inebriation, I will post the results, sober up a bit, and edit my post to include the fluff that I want to do.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:13 pm

As it stands at the moment:

TD260 was killed. He was Roland Pennridge, alignment Cult.

The Day phase begins now, it will end 12:00 AM July 7th

The flavor will be posted and linked to when I am able to do so.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:23 am

So we lynched the Master Miller yesterday. Of all the townie roles to lynch that was probably the best one, it's a role that can be a detriment to finding the real mafia cause if it gets scanned it causes a lot of confusion, and unless this was a custom Miller it probably didn't have any special powers.

Req made the interesting choice of deciding not to save himself, I probably wouldn't have made the same call were it me but it's an interesting play. He seemed to feel that his death would reveal some things, and of course it removes the aforementioned confusion of having a Miller around.

Finally we have the death of Td, a Cultist. Cults never seem to do well on this forum, it seems to me. Again this is beneficial to the town, we know there is a Cult around and they've probably been set back a long way by this death. We can't let the Cult distract us from finding the mafia, and this gives us some time while the Cult Recruiter scrambles around... he might have another recruit after this night, or Td may have been his recruit before being offed.

I'll post later about who seems most suspicious now we've had that reveal and nightkill, and after some more people have posted.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top