Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Vsente on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:01 am

Sorry about the junk post but I won't be around for the first 24 hours of the day probably, after this. I'm heading to bed soon.

wrt Snake yesterday, I don't know why people were suspicious of him since he didn't come off scummy to me. Just kinda jumped right onto a misinterpretation of what I said and then other things that didn't really bother me.

Do cults work as the standard cult kinda thing in this forum (if CR dies, all other cultists die)? Because if that's the case, wouldn't TD have been just a recruit?

Vote: Catterick

Has posted quite a bit but (from what I remember) no meaningful vote, posts have a lot of fluff, and I also didn't like that response to my "vibes," remark, which was somewhere along the lines of "I always give people weird vibes." Flimsy defense imo.

I don't like leaving forever without at least voting. I saw a lot of lack of action yesterday and I'm not used to that style of play. I'm not really the "wait around and see what happens" type, and honestly I'm glad that we at least lynched a negative town utility (miller).

Vsente
Riff Raff

Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-06-26
Location : a mystery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Catterick on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:52 am

Vsente wrote:
Vote: Catterick

Has posted quite a bit but (from what I remember) no meaningful vote, posts have a lot of fluff, and I also didn't like that response to my "vibes," remark, which was somewhere along the lines of "I always give people weird vibes." Flimsy defense imo.

I don't like leaving forever without at least voting. I saw a lot of lack of action yesterday and I'm not used to that style of play. I'm not really the "wait around and see what happens" type, and honestly I'm glad that we at least lynched a negative town utility (miller).
Let me refresh your memory - I voted for Requiem, the guy who got lynched. How you can say that vote isn't meaningful eludes me. Combined with the fact you tried to say I hadn't voted in a post on D1 when I had (for DF at the time) makes me a little suspicious that you're gunning for me no matter what.

However, I think it's more a case of differing play-styles. I post a lot and I don't see how that really makes me suspicious, but clearly to you posting a lot is scummy. As for me posting fluff, I have been trying to find leads with my posts - seeing as a lot of your posts last phase involved you bantering with Snake, couldn't an uncharitable person call these fluffy?

My weird vibes remark refers to the fact that I was lurking on these forums years before popping my head around the door some months ago.

Let's see if this vote on me bandwagons, I feel we may catch some mafia out this way.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Natasha on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:56 am

Yo, I should be able to make a post soon. Sorry for my inactivity, don't think it should have held up the Night Phase at all though (although I'm not sure if people even end night phases early here). I really have no idea what went on past RVS, so catching up now.

Natasha
Riff Raff

Posts : 5
Join date : 2014-06-25
Age : 24
Location : Serenesforest.net/forums Mafia Subforum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:19 am

So all three votes for Req came right after each other at the end of the phase? Does that strike no one else as super suspicious? I want to hear more of the reasoning for that, because it seems almost too easy for the mafia to just stuff the votes at the end like that.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Catterick on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:23 am

Hmm well, my prolific streak continues, as I wanted to state some of my thoughts for lynching today.

Yesterday 3 of us voted to lynch an innocent Requiem. That's JGH, me, and Deanna, in order of voting. This came in at the last hour before the day phase ended.

Some might say that we are the three best leads now, but I think that would be a slight mistake. To me it seems possible that none of us are mafia, and I'd be staggered if more than one of us was - that said let me break things down.

I admit it, 'twas I who cast the first suspicion on Req for his unexplained vote switch from DF to Q when DF was leading in votes. I justified this in a crackpot way which isn't really unusual for me. However I didn't vote for him at this stage.

JGH dropped by and voted for Req based on his reasoning for voting for Q. D1 is a day of shoddy reasoning and I guess Req's just seemed the least plausible. I was composing a reply at the time and was going to vote Weldar in fact, but once JGH had voted I thought what the hell, he probably won't get lynched anyway but let's stick to my original hunch and vote the same way. Shortly after that Deanna dropped in and voted for Req, which was enough to make a majority. Req could've saved himself by voting for me, Spont or Q, but he didn't.

Now of the three of us who voted, who is most likely to be mafia - or do you pick option D, none of us? Let's look closer:

JGH - cast the first vote, very late in the dayphase when it was unlikely this would've snowballed to lynch. If mafia, perhaps just voting what he believed a safe target, if town, simply voting the player he felt most suspicious.

Me - cast the first suspicion on Req yet failed to vote. Later dropped in to vote once somebody else had. If mafia, cautious play to lynch townie, if town, voting who he thought was most suspicious once somebody actually felt it was worth pursuing. The second is the one I will personally say happened, as I tend to be a little self-conscious about my "crackpot" theories.

Deanna - put a deciding vote on Req, acknowledging it looked like sheeping, 22 minutes before the deadline. However, from a subsequent post she made of "votals" it was clear she thought the deadline was an extra hour away on top of that, indicating it wasn't quite the eleventh hour vote in her mind. If mafia, putting more pressure on Req to hopefully lynch a townie, if town, just voting who looked most suspicious.

Looking at it objectively, I would have to say I do look the most suspicious. But because I am a townie I want to have this out in the open lest someone post it first and make me look even worse.

My personal view is that none of us are mafia, and those who try to lynch us based on us lynching Req could possibly be mafia. I'm not sold on JGH or Deanna, but to me personally, I think that the mafians would be quiet towards the end of the day phase. They'd just sort of be orbiting the discussion, not making big plays on D1. So who do I think is mafia? Well, NightOwl did vote for me with shaky reasoning last phase, as did Vsente, and since I know my own innocence I suspect them.

Edit: Minby who has just posted also makes my suspicion list. D1 I thought he was just being his cynical self but now he's doing the exact thing I said, attacking the mislynch voters.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Raya on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:37 am

Great, we have a cult. I know I shouldn't be surprised since this is a Cthulhu game. The question is whether or not the cult is now extinct due to TD being killed N1. It's unusual for a cult to start with multiple members, but it is possible. If TD was the cult leader he could still have recruited someone in the night, which means we have a rather useless single cultist. If he's not the leader, or if his power has passed on, then we might be in a bit of trouble if it's not checked.

I'm wary about casting a vote so early in the phase, but as I may not get the chance to post again before the end of phase I want to get something in. My main suspicion so far is on Catterick. He's being quick to attack people and then fall back. Granted he's always enthusiastic about scumhunting, but something he said to Req seemed odd. He voted, then said this:

Catterick wrote:Req if you're innocent I'll move my vote. Neutral I think only claiming can do it, we could scan you but I bet the cop doesn't want to come this early. Still tie the vote if you're an innocent.

What exactly was he expecting Req to do here? How was he supposed to show Catt that he was innocent? It's almost like Catt was fishing around for people who can scan. If Catt is mafia, to me it seems like this happened:

1) Catt votes for Req, vote is tied.
2) Deanna votes for Req late phase, breaking the tie.
3) Catt knows Req isn't mafia, panics that he's going to be associated with a lynched townie.
4) Attempts damage control without changing votes which will then put him at risk of a lynch.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but still.

Vote: Catterick


Deanna wrote:
Are games often this trudgingly slow around here?

Games tend to be a little bit slow on the first few days as everyone is gathering information, then they absolutely explode as people start to identify roles and the accusing/defending begins.

Also guys, just to let you know tomorrow (Sunday) I'm on holiday until Wednesday. It's unlikely I'll be able to post when I'm there, so I'm probably going to miss a phase and a bit. Will try and get a post in before I leave.

_________________
HG/SS Friends Code: 2364 8721 9695   B/W Friends Code: 2193 7770 9554   X/Y Friends Code:1805-2682-3033
"Foxes never lose their tricks, do they?" - Quaetman
"We'll be going about our business one day and then someone will be like "hm, where's Barda" and Raya will all suspiciously be like "WELL DON'T LOOK AT ME"..." - Rocket Admin Camilla
King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4557
Join date : 2009-08-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Catterick on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:04 am

Raya wrote:I'm wary about casting a vote so early in the phase, but as I may not get the chance to post again before the end of phase I want to get something in. My main suspicion so far is on Catterick. He's being quick to attack people and then fall back. Granted he's always enthusiastic about scumhunting, but something he said to Req seemed odd. He voted, then said this:

Catterick wrote:Req if you're innocent I'll move my vote. Neutral I think only claiming can do it, we could scan you but I bet the cop doesn't want to come this early. Still tie the vote if you're an innocent.

What exactly was he expecting Req to do here? How was he supposed to show Catt that he was innocent? It's almost like Catt was fishing around for people who can scan. If Catt is mafia, to me it seems like this happened:

1) Catt votes for Req, vote is tied.
2) Deanna votes for Req late phase, breaking the tie.
3) Catt knows Req isn't mafia, panics that he's going to be associated with a lynched townie.
4) Attempts damage control without changing votes which will then put him at risk of a lynch.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but still.

Vote: Catterick
Yes, this is another thing that makes me look scummy, I admit it. But in regards to 3), I didn't know that Req wasn't mafia, but as soon as he acted like he wasn't caring if he was lynched, I suspected he was innocent. Mafias have to keep preserving their lives to the end, if only for the sake of their teammates. By then though we're talking about the last 10 minutes of the phase!

Your 4) is flawed in the sense that as this was the last 10 minutes of the phase, the risk of my lynch was very slim. No, the reason I didn't unvote Req was partly because I thought he may just have been mafia, in which case I'd caught a mafia D1 and my foolish pride was jonesing for that, and secondly because it was 5am where I was and I just wasn't that quick thinking. Either way I wish Req had saved himself, it would've been a great move if I was mafia but I'm not and I don't want this to stifle discussion.

One more thing - you neglected to mention that last night, I said I was alright with being scanned. I did this NOT so the cop would come out and the mafia could kill him (do you really think I'm that stupid) but to show that I fear no scans. All the cop has to do is scan me, one more townie knowing my innocence is a great boon in scum-hunting since I'm becoming such a big target.

Interesting coincidence too that all those that voted for me (barring Td) prefaced it by saying that they would be gone for a long while afterwards. Almost as if they knew I'd be defending myself from every post and didn't want to deal with my willingness to debate this thing.

Lastly let me just say that my role is a low powered one for the town but it does come with a hefty price-tag if you lynch me.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Deanna on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:19 am

Wow I didn't expect a cult to be involved in my first game over here. Well, my parade of celebration is done. I took over Night phase, and am pleased to say that all evidence leads towards:

Catterick: "It's a small thing but people have been voting all day on small things so whatever."
100% fluff. Also, pretty damn scummy

Catterick: "Now in case it wasn't clear last post, I'm finding Req's voteswitch strange and inexplicable. He's known for stubbornly sticking to his guns, and DF is his traditional D1 vote. So switching D1 of all days, with no reasoning for voting Q, really isn't usual."
Cases featuring Meta are bad and you should feel bad.

Catterick: "I give him the benefit of the doubt cause he said he was posting from a phone so maybe couldn't write too much. Still I thought I'd mention it."
Why even mention this? This is precisely what it means to pull out a BS'd townread, because if it turns out to be wrong, you can just say "Oh well i thought he was legit on his phone blahblah. It's not necessary at all

Catterick: "I don't mind being scanned"
With a flipped Miller, the possibility of a Godfather existing is a thing, and calling for a check on yourself is scummy as heck due to the flip. One should never call for a player to scan them, especially when a miller flips. To me, it looks like you were hoping for a gamble that Req wasn't Miller.

I haven't even begun to analyze Catt's vote on Req yet, but his now-justification of "Mafia has a stronger attitude of Self-Preservation" is baloney. If you're town, the absolute worst thing you can do for your faction is eat a lynch (unless your role aids town in some way following a lynch that's more valuable than your presence in the game).

tl;dr- Catterick has been scummy all game, Requiem is a derp, and

##Vote Catterick

Snake: "soooo congratulations on looking both weak and scummy at the same time."
It's calling someone scummy just for the sake of it and not actually doing anything with that logic.

##FoS Snake

Deanna
Toad Thug

Posts : 28
Join date : 2014-06-25
Age : 28
Location : Serenesforest.net/forums Mafia Subforum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Catterick on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:53 am

Congratulations Deanna for having the most abrasive style of posting I've had the pleasure to witness in my long career of 2 games of mafia. You're either swollen with hubris or you're a mafian trying to influence the town.

Catterick: "It's a small thing but people have been voting all day on small things so whatever."
100% fluff. Also, pretty damn scummy


Firstly what the hell is fluff? I've heard it from Vsente and now from you. If it is what I think it means, then I'm sorry but at least 50% of what anyone writes is fluff. The write ups themselves are fluff. This is a fluffy forum where people treat each other, and the story, with respect. And just for the record, my statement is true. People were voting based on RNG, on their favourite number, and some weren't voting at all. So excuse me for padding my posts with some, I don't know, human feeling.

Catterick: "Now in case it wasn't clear last post, I'm finding Req's voteswitch strange and inexplicable. He's known for stubbornly sticking to his guns, and DF is his traditional D1 vote. So switching D1 of all days, with no reasoning for voting Q, really isn't usual."
Cases featuring Meta are bad and you should feel bad.


Are you freaking kidding me? This is just another example of you trying to condemn me for putting thought into the game. Which is symptomatic of the wider issue, where the player with the most posts is being attacked for talking while the mafia can laugh from the shadows.

Catterick: "I give him the benefit of the doubt cause he said he was posting from a phone so maybe couldn't write too much. Still I thought I'd mention it."
Why even mention this? This is precisely what it means to pull out a BS'd townread, because if it turns out to be wrong, you can just say "Oh well i thought he was legit on his phone blahblah. It's not necessary at all


Why even mention this? Because I'm a nice person and I don't want to be too strong in my hunches. Last game Req and I had a bicker, and I annoyed Fed by questioning his absence, and these things hurt me. So I have to give people the benefit of the doubt because I don't want to hurt people's feelings.

Catterick: "I don't mind being scanned"
With a flipped Miller, the possibility of a Godfather existing is a thing, and calling for a check on yourself is scummy as heck due to the flip. One should never call for a player to scan them, especially when a miller flips. To me, it looks like you were hoping for a gamble that Req wasn't Miller.


So I'm a Godfather now? I'd cry if I was, disappointing 4-5 people instead of 1. Seriously, what mafia would let their Godfather get in the open like this? As for your point about asking for a scan being scummy, I completely fail to understand. To me asking for scans seems biased in favour of the town if anything because no mafia would ask for a scan, which is why I asked if it was bad mafia etiquette to say it.

I haven't even begun to analyze Catt's vote on Req yet, but his now-justification of "Mafia has a stronger attitude of Self-Preservation" is baloney. If you're town, the absolute worst thing you can do for your faction is eat a lynch (unless your role aids town in some way following a lynch that's more valuable than your presence in the game).

You're basically ignore everything I say apart from the part that suits your argument. And I'm so glad you agree with me about the townie not going to the gallows quietly, cause I'm sure as hell not.

Vote: Deanna

Maybe she's always this brash but her inability to connect with me as a person is getting on my nerves and I think she's just trying to avoid the fact that she was the deciding vote on Requiem, not realising that her vote came 22 minutes before the deadline, which let it's scumminess be known to all.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  JGH27 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:01 am

Catterick wrote:Yes, this is another thing that makes me look scummy, I admit it. But in regards to 3), I didn't know that Req wasn't mafia, but as soon as he acted like he wasn't caring if he was lynched, I suspected he was innocent.

Your 4) is flawed in the sense that as this was the last 10 minutes of the phase, the risk of my lynch was very slim. No, the reason I didn't unvote Req was partly because I thought he may just have been mafia,

One more thing - you neglected to mention that last night, I said I was alright with being scanned. I did this NOT so the cop would come out and the mafia could kill him (do you really think I'm that stupid) but to show that I fear no scans. All the cop has to do is scan me, one more townie knowing my innocence is a great boon in scum-hunting since I'm becoming such a big target.

Lastly let me just say that my role is a low powered one for the town but it does come with a hefty price-tag if you lynch me.

So, you say you felt Req was innocent, didn't change your vote and then the very next paragraph is "the reason I didn't unvote Req was partly because I thought he may just have been mafia"

That is a BIG contradiction. You play a hard game, Catt, but seem to always make these contradictions. Last game it lead to us finding you to be 3rd party. This game I can see you being 3rd party or Mafian.

The low powered but hefty price tag almost seems like a threat to the town if you're lynched which sounds just as scummy.

Vote: Catterick

This vote can change if someone else comes along who seems more sketchy.


Minby, while I can easily not give reasoning for voting Req since Catt is currently up for lynch, I don't want keeping quiet to bite me in the ass later on. I voted Req because the leading lynches I just didn't feel right about and Req had said something that felt off key. I hate NL day 1 (NL was 1 of the key things that struck me as odd about Req) and didn't want to no vote. The other 2 jumped on after and with Req saying he didn't care if he died I thought either a) He's innocent and believes he'll die in the night phase as well or b) He's mafian and is trying for the sympathy card.


JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4213
Join date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  JGH27 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:06 am

"Interesting coincidence too that all those that voted for me (barring Td) prefaced it by saying that they would be gone for a long while afterwards."

No, but he also gave zero reason for voting you other than 'shaking a tree and seeing what falls'. Perhaps your defence of TD's vote is a sign that you may have been recruited?

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4213
Join date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Catterick on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:23 am

JGH27 wrote:
Catterick wrote:Yes, this is another thing that makes me look scummy, I admit it. But in regards to 3), I didn't know that Req wasn't mafia, but as soon as he acted like he wasn't caring if he was lynched, I suspected he was innocent.

Your 4) is flawed in the sense that as this was the last 10 minutes of the phase, the risk of my lynch was very slim. No, the reason I didn't unvote Req was partly because I thought he may just have been mafia,

One more thing - you neglected to mention that last night, I said I was alright with being scanned. I did this NOT so the cop would come out and the mafia could kill him (do you really think I'm that stupid) but to show that I fear no scans. All the cop has to do is scan me, one more townie knowing my innocence is a great boon in scum-hunting since I'm becoming such a big target.

Lastly let me just say that my role is a low powered one for the town but it does come with a hefty price-tag if you lynch me.

So, you say you felt Req was innocent, didn't change your vote and then the very next paragraph is "the reason I didn't unvote Req was partly because I thought he may just have been mafia"

That is a BIG contradiction. You play a hard game, Catt, but seem to always make these contradictions. Last game it lead to us finding you to be 3rd party. This game I can see you being 3rd party or Mafian.

The low powered but hefty price tag almost seems like a threat to the town if you're lynched which sounds just as scummy.

Vote: Catterick
It's a contradiction yes, because the human mind is full of contradictions. Were you really sure that Req was guilty JGH? What I am saying is that I thought Req could be mafia, then he seemed to not mind being mafia so I thought he was innocent, but the thought of getting a mafia D1 was too tempting so I fell back on my earlier suspicion. That's how the human mind works man and you can't fault a person for that.

You'll see, my role will be known by the end of the phase. Whether it'll save me from your suspicions is unknown.

JGH: No, but he also gave zero reason for voting you other than 'shaking a tree and seeing what falls'. Perhaps your defence of TD's vote is a sign that you may have been recruited?

Um no, that would be dumb. Why would I need to say anything in defence of Td if he's already dead? Seriously that's like one of my crackpot theories.

But I'm glad you brought up Td's death, because it's important. Who did the mafia kill last night? Td. Who was the first person to vote for me? Td. This is a classic mafia frame job, and you're blind if you don't see it - just look at this bandwagon.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:28 am

Deanna wrote:
Snake: "soooo congratulations on looking both weak and scummy at the same time."
It's calling someone scummy just for the sake of it and not actually doing anything with that logic.

##FoS Snake

Yes its a thing that people tend to do when they are actively observing and seeking leads in this game, especially on day one. Congratulations, you must be a mafia expert.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5850
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:31 am

Wow at first I didn't even realize I facetiously congratulated someone in a post that quotes me facetiously congratulating someone. Congratulations Snake, for treating all the newbies with kindness and patience.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5850
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:04 pm

First of all, Cat, you're calling me suspicious for calling you suspicious? And at that, not even really saying that, more saying that I wanted to hear more about your reasoning? You've been crazy defensive this day phase, and that really rubs me the wrong way.

JGH, you really are probably the least suspicious, because I do understand that you are one of the people against D1 NLs. Your reasoning isn't that strong, but for a D1 vote, no one's really was, so I can't fault you for it.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:30 pm

Sorry I haven't posted yet, as was mentioned I'm again on a trip, this time to Seattle to see my grandmother who isn't doing well. I'll try to be better about posting from here on out. First thing I have to say is WOW this game is blowing up fast. I wasn't quite expecting that. I guess it's due to all the newbies who don't already know us haha. Right now i'm torn between cat and deanna. What cat is saying is rather contradictory but so was some of the stuff he said last fame and he was (mostly) ino (seeing as he was third party acting in the town interest). Still his switching and then keeping the vote on req strikes me as odd if he thought req was ino. As for deanna...It's hard to gauge them but her abrasiveness could go both ways. Either she's a townie being overly aggressive for a mafian trying too hard to look town.their last minute vote also raises my eyebrow. That would be a good time for a mafian to squeeze in a vote and make sure someone dies, since we were at a tie before.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:33 pm

I also agree with what was said about the votes on me last day phase. I'm friends with more than a few of you on fb so you would know I was in Seattle. It could have been easily used to make me look scummy since there was a good chance I wouldn't post. I'm keeping my eye on those people as well.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Quaetam on Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Careful with the christmas colors +1/-1.  It's in the rules.

Having played on this forum for a while I can weigh in on the cult a bit:  When we've done cults they've always been simply neutered when the recruiter dies, rather than a suicide-pact.  Essentially, they remain but have to obtain majority without any ability to grow in numbers.  In extremely early games we occasionally allowed them to pass on the recruiting power once, but that's been less common as hosts have become more accustomed to balancing. 

That said I'm a little surprised to see a cult here- I consider them IMBA as fuck, and the last two times we've done them they've led to complaints, because they put the town in almost an overpoweringly difficult position.  Typically, a cult *HAS* to be neutered quickly for the town to have any chance of winning, otherwise a cult-mafia jointwin becomes all too easy.  But we can't get caught up chasing cultists and ignore potential mafians, as that's a losing strategy.  For this reason I'd like to hope that TJ would announce if the Cult Recruiter was lynched to give us more leeway in scumhunting, but that's all raw speculation at this point.

First, minor suspicions:


Yo, I should be able to make a post soon. Sorry for my inactivity, don't think it should have held up the Night Phase at all though (although I'm not sure if people even end night phases early here). I really have no idea what went on past RVS, so catching up now.
- Natasha

Interesting that you feel your lack of activity should have held up the nightphase, the period of the game where typically only informed groups (masons, cult, or, you know, mafia) can discuss things. We currently have no reason to believe masons exist, so the other options aren't pretty. 

FOS: Natasha, not worth a vote yet because he could be referring to a town power-role / action submission, but this shouldn't be ignored as a potential scumslip.

Also a continued heavy FOS: Sahrimnir following my thoughts on him yesterday; The fact that he hasn't made any posts other than his awful d1 vote rubs me the wrong way.  I'm going to wait on this -- better and more relevant leads and vote options exist for today's discussion, and a Sah lynch right now wouldn't produce any additional connections, regardless of his alignment.

Regarding Catterick:

Quite honestly, Requiem was a fair lynch target yesterday, hence why I'm not too concerned about the slew of late votes -- Deanna's hammer could be considered mildly suspicious but frankly that's the kind of move I'd see a mafian avoiding in that situation.  However, Catt what you're not getting is that a lot of the suspicion thrown your way was less due to your vote itself than the manner of your vote.  In your own words, you emphasized Requiem's push without backing it via vote, and then returned later to push him towards lynch after others had already voted his way.  That is indeed scummy: It's common practice for mafians to try to get others to start their lynch bandwagons for them.

Additionally, we have this, from the current dayphase:

Lastly let me just say that my role is a low powered one for the town but it does come with a hefty price-tag if you lynch me. - Catterick

This looks like you're claiming you can take someone down with you - and with your timing, it looks like a common mafia play as well, scaring people off a lynch by claiming you can bring them down with you.  Without a pre-defined setup having an unCC'd bomb is by no way a guarantee of a townie, so if you're actually bomb why claim and detente when you could instead use your death to nail scum? 

However I'm not 100% on Catt's guilt.

TD's death looks like a blatant frame attempt, as Catterick himself has posited.  Catterick was one of the leading counterwagons against Requiem, and td260 was fairly uninvolved outside of his vote for Catterick.  If td260's death isn't a deliberate attempt to bring suspicion onto Catterick and the Req-wagon, why the fuck was he targeted? The mafia has the advantage of information, and I don't see them making a non-strategic choice.  Yes, this could be a reverse psychology play, but if this were the case, the mafia would be relying on a lot of WIFOM to keep Catterick out of peoples' spotlights. I don't see this play being worth it unless we've got a heavy bussing scenario.

There's still more; Minby (who already made my suspicion list yesterday) highlighted the Requiem voters without committing to a vote or analysis on any of them.  It's the exact behavior people are highlighting in Catterick, only worsened due to Minby's lower levels of activity, and it throws a few members of the Catterick bandwagon under a good deal of suspicion.

There are a few options I'm considering today but I'm bowing out for three hours to go see Transformers, so I'll return with more thoughts and a vote when I get back, around 8:30 PM EST

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Catterick on Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:58 pm

Quaetam wrote:Quite honestly, Requiem was a fair lynch target yesterday, hence why I'm not too concerned about the slew of late votes -- Deanna's hammer could be considered mildly suspicious but frankly that's the kind of move I'd see a mafian avoiding in that situation.  However, Catt what you're not getting is that a lot of the suspicion thrown your way was less due to your vote itself than the manner of your vote.  In your own words, you emphasized Requiem's push without backing it via vote, and then returned later to push him towards lynch after others had already voted his way.  That is indeed scummy: It's common practice for mafians to try to get others to start their lynch bandwagons for them.

Additionally, we have this, from the current dayphase:

Lastly let me just say that my role is a low powered one for the town but it does come with a hefty price-tag if you lynch me. - Catterick

This looks like you're claiming you can take someone down with you - and with your timing, it looks like a common mafia play as well, scaring people off a lynch by claiming you can bring them down with you.  Without a pre-defined setup having an unCC'd bomb is by no way a guarantee of a townie, so if you're actually bomb why claim and detente when you could instead use your death to nail scum? 

However I'm not 100% on Catt's guilt.

TD's death looks like a blatant frame attempt, as Catterick himself has posited.  Catterick was one of the leading counterwagons against Requiem, and td260 was fairly uninvolved outside of his vote for Catterick.  If td260's death isn't a deliberate attempt to bring suspicion onto Catterick and the Req-wagon, why the fuck was he targeted? The mafia has the advantage of information, and I don't see them making a non-strategic choice.  Yes, this could be a reverse psychology play, but if this were the case, the mafia would be relying on a lot of WIFOM to keep Catterick out of peoples' spotlights. I don't see this play being worth it unless we've got a heavy bussing scenario.

There's still more; Minby (who already made my suspicion list yesterday) highlighted the Requiem voters without committing to a vote or analysis on any of them.  It's the exact behavior people are highlighting in Catterick, only worsened due to Minby's lower levels of activity, and it throws a few members of the Catterick bandwagon under a good deal of suspicion.

There are a few options I'm considering today but I'm bowing out for three hours to go see Transformers, so I'll return with more thoughts and a vote when I get back, around 8:30 PM EST
The thing is, if I was mafia, would I really be drawing attention to this stuff? I consider it the townie's duty to be open and honest and I admit I look scummy, and I would be totally ok with this since it means drawing out scum plays were it not for my role.

As to that role I can't claim it atm for reasons that will become clear. I'm certainly not the bomb, I meant the price-tag will be on the town whether I like it or not. Like I said, all these hints will become clear once my role is in the open.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Catterick on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Oh and just to add, I wasn't one of the downvotes on Deanna's post. It made me angry but I'm not the kind of player to forgo the rules like that, unless someone posted something downright insulting, i.e. name-calling, racist behaviour and the like.

Man, I'm so paranoid about posting "fluff" now.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  JGH27 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Catterick wrote:Man, I'm so paranoid about posting "fluff" now.

Were you not paranoid last game over the same thing?

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4213
Join date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Catterick on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:11 pm

Last game I didn't even know what fluff was. I mean I've heard of it in other contexts as story-related stuff, but it's only since the newbies consider it a scummy play that I've been paranoid about it.

One of the things that sucks about being in the firing line is that you tend to get attacked for anything, if I post accusations I'm trying to deflect the blame and if I don't I'm being fluffy. But seeing as I was gunning for you D2 last game I guess the shoe is on the other foot now right JGH? Wink

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:27 pm

Ok caterick. You seem, by your posts this phase in defense, and also by your vote on requiem demanding that he claim to prove his innocence, that you think that role claiming is essential to proving a person innocence. And yet you cant roleclaim at the moment. How are we supposed to believe you, then? That shits like a catch 22, at least to new players.

Veteran players of mafia know that this shit isnt about what a person says but how a person says it. You can lie all you want but you will eventually still say something that you know we shouldn't believe. You take the time to craft it and make sure it fits just how you think we want it to. You wan't to convince everyone you are important to the cause? Tell me right now that you aren't mafia, tell me that you want to help the town and that your role can do what we need it to to achieve victory. Thats really all any new player needs to do to earn my trust.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5850
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Catterick on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:36 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:Ok caterick. You seem, by your posts this phase in defense, and also by your vote on requiem demanding that he claim to prove his innocence, that you think that role claiming is essential to proving a person innocence. And yet you cant roleclaim at the moment. How are we supposed to believe you, then? That shits like a catch 22, at least to new players.
I need someone's consent before I can claim. That's all I'm going to say at the moment.

Also, regarding the downvotes on Deanna, I believe the large number of them is could be another frame attempt on me. The mafia downvotes her post en masse so it looks like I got my scum teammates to discredit her.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  JGH27 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:41 pm

Catterick wrote:
SnakeInABox wrote:Ok caterick. You seem, by your posts this phase in defense, and also by your vote on requiem demanding that he claim to prove his innocence, that you think that role claiming is essential to proving a person innocence. And yet you cant roleclaim at the moment. How are we supposed to believe you, then? That shits like a catch 22, at least to new players.
I need someone's consent before I can claim. That's all I'm going to say at the moment.

Also, regarding the downvotes on Deanna, I believe the large number of them is could be another frame attempt on me. The mafia downvotes her post en masse so it looks like I got my scum teammates to discredit her.

No one is jumping on a negative vote. It was mentioned it was against rules but no one accused anyone. The fact you've brought it up twice now with no reason is further damning yourself.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4213
Join date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 27: What Lurks in the Void

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:07 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum