There Will Be Brawl Mafia Sign-ups/confirmation Game 28 Now On!

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: There Will Be Brawl Mafia Sign-ups/confirmation Game 28 Now On!

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:38 am

Guys, seriously. If you're going to talk about things tangentially related to the game, don't do it in the thread during the night phase. We do have this other mafia thread for things not directly related to the current game. Keep the game thread clean.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Thank you mr minby sir what would i even do without you.

Probably something dumb like calling out newbies who are talking shit about us behind our backs

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:04 pm

I'm not telling you not to call anyone out, just do it in a more appropriate place. I know how much it sucks as a host to have outside drama clog up a game thread, and I hate to see it happen to someone else.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:04 pm

I for one welcome our new friends.

Instead of expecting them to be like us, let's practice good hospitality and try to be as welcoming and accommodating as possible.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:48 pm

THAT NEW TRANSFORMERS MOVIE WAS THE PINNACLE OF AMAZING MOVIES HOLY SHIT FUCK ME IN THE ASS MICHAEL BAY

Last edited by SnakeInABox on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:23 pm

idk about that

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:10 am

SurgePox wrote:I for one welcome our new friends.

Instead of expecting them to be like us, let's practice good hospitality and try to be as welcoming and accommodating as possible.
This. And just to reiterate since my post was scrubbed, sorry if I've been a part of this.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vhaltz on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:34 am

@Snake and whoever else

You guys were not only outright unpleasant to the new players that decided to give your forum a try when you advertised your forum on other forums without offering anything in return, but now you're also being unpleasant to random people in the forum just because their name starts with the same letter as mine?
What the hell is this?

I advise that you people take a chill pill. I don't like a specific subset of people playing mafia here (about 3 or 4 people, not the whole playerbase) and I felt the need to out that opinion in public because the problem had escalated far beyond what was worth putting up with to play mafia with new people. That doesn't mean that everybody else shares the same opinion and it certainly doesn't justify bullying people who allegedly expressed that opinion and weren't me through mod messages and the sort.

Peace.

Vhaltz
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vhaltz on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:35 am

Any further discussion should be had with me and me alone, be it through PMs or whatever and should let anybody else be.

Vhaltz
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vsente on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:36 am

Is it okay if I leave and someone find a sub in my place because this whole ordeal has made me very uncoomrtoable and I'm not really in the best mental state rigth now

Vsente
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:44 am

To clarify, we didn't advertise at SF, Catt did without our knowledge, which I thought was kinda cool of him to do since mafia got revived here. Kinda sucks that drama had to happen involving new guys from SF but I hope it doesn't scare everyone away.

ninja'd: I can replace you, Vsente. Take care.

Another ninja: You guys split the thread and made me post in the old thread. :V

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vsente on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:48 am

Thank you so much.

I've sent messages to Snake and the mod that PM'd me clarifications about things I'd rather keep privtae, but I should have just signned uo with my original SF name, I guess.

Vsente
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vhaltz on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:57 am

I'd post my original post but the forum won't allow me to during the one-week trial period for new accounts. Anybody who wants to check it out should definitely look up my name in the thread that Catt started.

Snake decided to resolve this issue by sending harassing messages to a recently signed up member who seemed like it could be me and lying to the mods saying I called everybody assholes when I was clearly referring to a specific subset of people who I found unpleasant, so please understand why some people may be mad about this whole ordeal and let this pass as forum issue (since it was never meant to be as such). Snake and whoever else had issue with my post can just talk to me directly. I apologize to Jeremy (I read his mod message to Vsente just now and he seems like a cool dude) and the other potentially cool people in the forum that had to deal with this.

Vhaltz
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aggravar on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:38 am

so how does this mafia thing work again

aggravar
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:00 am

First off, I don't really know what's going on, but in general, it is not ok for people to be talking about us behind our backs, even if it is only about a few people. Regardless of who it actually was, it's wrong, and it shouldn't happen to or about anyone.

Aggravar, http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Quick_Guide_to_Mafia that's a decent beginning explanation to Mafia, but the games on here tend to get much more complex, so if you want to know more, poke around on there to see some more stuff where they go more in depth, or watch the current game/old games to see how they work around here.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:11 am

aggravar wrote:so how does this mafia thing work again
We only run one game at a time so you'll have to wait for the next one in a few weeks unless you want to take my sub spot for Vsente and read the 9 pages of posts to catch up, which I'd only recommend if you've played before.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aggravar on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 am

well i meant how mafia worked around here specifically (i'm here because someone promised me that there are fun games?), i'm not exactly a new player

and idk how much i feel like subbing into a game where i don't know anybody except for vsente herself (lot of good that'll do me >_>); i think i'll wait

EDIT

that is, i have played mafia before and do know what i'm doing somewhat but i don't think i want to sub into a game where i don't know how setups typically are here/people usually play/etc

aggravar
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:17 am

Well, then I definitely recommend looking at some of our previous games. The earlier games had PMs allowed, so you'll miss a lot in them, but the more recent ones have them banned, mostly. I'd say to stay away from games 10 and 20 for now, because they're more complicated, hosted by Q, and they're all star games, borrowing roles and characters from the previous 10 games.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:48 am

Hey man why all the hate for my games Cool

No but seriously I do agree. Also avoid 15 at first on that same note. They're very much worth checking out but I recommend looking over some others first.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Velvet Sentiment on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:05 am

helo I would like to sub into the Mafia Game on this Mafia Forum

Velvet Sentiment
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:16 am

OK really, what's with all the people with names that start with V joining up? I'm not sure if I like it. Stealing my thing and all. 

Also this isn't a mafia forum. But being a sub shouldn't be a problem.

Also Minby is entirely correct. Talking behind a persons back like that to get them to not come just makes you look like a dick. You have a problem here, you handle it here because there is no reason to talk about it elsewhere. The same goes for both sides as well so I am sorry for Snake doing that to you guys. It shouldn't happen again.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:37 am

I want you new folks to know that we are totally cool with all of you and really hope that what had happened in the past does NOT set a precedent for the future. I realize it doesn't mean much, but I apologize on behalf of snake, who I think misunderstood things and felt you were taking shots at his friends at the forum and not just himself. That however, even if it was true, is no excuse and I can't condone harassment of anyone at any time on the forum, I apologize on that occurring.

If you want to duck out of mafia anyways, we will patch things up without you so do not feel guilty to that extent. I think we hope you stay but if you are uncomfortable we won't try to make you stay.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:50 am

And on that note, we encourage everyone who wants to play mafia to also be involved in other threads on here. We already have a ton of different ones going back years that you might be interested in, or you can always make new ones, but it's definitely more fun if you actually do more on here than just play mafia, even though there are people who have been here for years and are mostly still around for mafia.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Vsente on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi, I'm not freaking out anymore. To those of you who can't find me on SF, it's because my SF name is Quote and I joined with this name for reasons I don't want to disclose, sorry, but it's nothing against you guys. Oh and everyone there calls me Viata, and I like V names because of my synesthesia so Vivienne pls, V names are cool

I don't play mafia on SF at the moment because I hate myself and am bad but was thinking of playing again as long as I'm not in school so shrug. I asked to be banned from the maf section so you wont see me in there for the time being.

I don't mesh with new communities well at first, but we'll see. If I join the forum again, I'd rather it be under the name Quote. I won't use this account anymore. But atm I'm too obsessed with virtual petsites and drawing my gay ocs (yes they are really gay and so am I) after my dad bought me a new drawing tablet so like maybe I'll lurk. But I'm shy and afraid of people anyway

Vsente
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vsente on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:38 pm

OR I GUESS IF QUOTE IS TAKEN use Viata or something, since I originally was trying to grab the name Vicente but it was already taken, hence this weird variation of the name

Vsente
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top