Mafia Game 28: Facing Your Fears: Day 5: 1, 2 Freddy's Coming for You!

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 28: Facing Your Fears: Day 5: 1, 2 Freddy's Coming for You!

Post  Sahrimnir on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:07 pm

I thought the same thing when I saw Dr. Lecter being mentioned, but I got some doubts when I googled Dr. Samuel Loomis, who is apparently a good guy.

Also, the flavour text doesn't feel like Minby was a mafian.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:25 pm

Also, not to change the subject too much, but does anyone think that the "God's were created"  might have something to do with Viv  (Heather Mason) dying? What with Heather being part of the cult's plot to bring their god into the world? Just a theory I thought I'd throw out there

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:38 pm

Upon review of what I posted, I clarified the "God" part as I made a mistake and gave a slightly false suggestion.

It has been corrected and updated.

Sorry about that, wrote it while exhausted.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:29 pm

Just throwing this out there, I think Fed may be a happy guy. Mostly based on how his 3 posts all had a smily in them as well as being strange in that third post. Not likely anything to be concerned about because happy guy though.

Anyways, "doctor" seems like it would be more of a mason group to me then mafia. Is it possible that they're mafia? Sure, but based on Minby's character and death post, as much as I hate using flavor, wouldn't indicate mafia. Third party? Potentially.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:10 pm

For Christ's sake, have you ever chatted with me? I do smilies all the time and I use them whenever I feel like it. Also just throwing this out, I had a rather busy weekend and will make a more lengthy post tomorrow. Also I see that my lack of knowledge on the fluff will make me go to google quite a lot.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:35 pm

Wait a second, guys. In Viv's death post, it said "they were Heather Mason". Was this a typo J, or do we have credence for my Heather/God theory posted earlier(or <insert third option I haven't considered here>)?

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:38 pm

The Magician's Adviser wrote:Wait a second, guys. In Viv's death post, it said "they were Heather Mason". Was this a typo J, or do we have credence for my Heather/God theory posted earlier(or <insert third option I haven't considered here>)?

This was because I wasn't sure what gender was appropriate to say. Sorry, I probably should have just pick either 'he' or 'she' but didn't want to offend.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:41 pm

So, judging from the fact that on the living/death thing, all the dead are marked as one colour, I think doctors are town aligned, probably masons. Of course, J could be just not marking out who the mafia are. Until that distinction is made however, I'm going to assume we've got a small mason team of doctors. That aside, Vote: Sahrimnir. I don't really have anything for basis, just a gut feeling.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:20 pm

The lack of discussion in this thread depresses me. C'mon guys, let's make a game after this!

I'm throwing my vote on Catt, on account of voting for Q twice now in a row. First day is understandable, but his reasoning for the second day is pretty daft. He wasn't killed, so he must be mafia? I dunno about you, but if Q is townie he wouldn't be a good target on N1 account of being highly likely to be protected/switched/tracked. Now I'm not saying that Q is beyond suspicion (it would help if he BLOODY POSTED), but it's pretty flimsy reasoning of yours, to the point you're sounding like a lyncher.

Vote: Catterick

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:53 pm

So you're voting for me, the only one to advance any theory on who might be mafia? Without even addressing my suspicions on you? As I said in my post, I would happily vote for you or Quaetam, or someone else that seems shady. But part of the game is making big accusations early, to provoke discussion.

And I admit that I am very wary of Quaetam, seeing as he screwed me last game. I think he's a player that can screw the town if he's mafia, but he's not essential to a town win if he's townie. And who can tell the difference most of the time? The best thing is to kill him off early in my opinion, especially when he's not going to bother posting... I have a hunch that he's lying low to avoid being killed after his prominent role last game, especially if he has rolled mafia again.

For that reason my vote stays squarely on him, though I would like everyone to look at Raya's vote record also. She's not explained her weird day one vote, which was on TMA for bandwagoning even though Td260's vote was even more bandwagony and random than TMA's, and furthermore lynched an innocent, Vivienne. They (that is, Raya and Td260) could both be mafia.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:47 pm

No one ever has a real good reason to vote on anyone day 1 though is the thing. Votes just get thrown out for whatever reason the voter can come up with to try to ignite any kind of discussion.

That said, you can't really be using the fact that V hung and flipped town as evidence against Raya when she didn't actually vote on her in an attempt to get her hung, huh? That was all RNG. If you want to look at people that contributed to the death of an innocent, you'd be looking at Td and Requiem.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:06 pm

Due to the lack of votes and activity, I'll extend the dayphase but please don't let this be a recurring theme. Or would 3 days be better suited?

Dayphase Extension: Dayphase will now end Tuesday, November 11th at 11:00pm

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:52 pm

I literally did not get a chance to play in this at all

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:55 pm

I'm honestly not sure who I should vote for, but time's running out.

Vote TheTJ

It may seem silly, but he hasn't posted much either, and I personally find the three-way tie pretty amusing

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:56 pm

Quick clarification, I meant I find the three way tie two days in a row pretty amusing

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:15 pm

3 hours remain in this Dayphase

Vote Tally:
Sahrimir: 1 vote
Caterrick: 1 vote
Quaetum: 1 vote
The TJ: 1 vote

Voted so far have been: Mag. Advisor, Caterrick, Raya, and Requiem.
Still to vote: Everyone else

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:58 pm

Where the hell is everyone else? GET ACTIVE PEOPLE!

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:51 pm

This will be the FINAL Dayphase Extension. Tomorrow night around 11pm (could be later pending when I get in from a school project).

Also going forward Dayphases will last 3 Days.

Nightphases will be decided upon as needed, will currently stay at 48 hours.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Vote: Q

After seeing him play last game I know I can't trust anything he says one way or the other. Not that much has been said as it stands.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:23 pm

I'm sorry, I got distracted a bit by some projects. A few things to start this off.

Number one: Can we get a clarification as to what a patient and a doctor are? Like, primarily, is the Doctor a mafian?

Number 2- due to the fact that we have literally no leads, I'm half tempted to say that we should just make a large tie and see who the RNG kills off.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:07 pm

TD260 wrote:Number one: Can we get a clarification as to what a patient and a doctor are? Like, primarily, is the Doctor a mafian?

I debated leaving this mysterious for everyone to figure out, but they are 1 in the same. It would just seem weird to call a him a patient when I had him being referred to as a doctor.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:50 pm

Okay, I just wanted to clarify that the "Doctor" flavor alignment is NOT a mafian.

Which means that we have even LESS information than I initially assumed. Which is... less than fantastic. at this point, there's nothing really to do, apart from shaking the proverbial tree and seeing what falls. For that reason, I'm going to Vote: The TJ

Really, what the hell does this mean?

"'ll go ahead and throw in a Vote: TD for reason that are unclear even to me."

If you're gonna random vote, say that. This sounds like a vote control or something. Either way, super fishy.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:25 pm

Guys, nobody mentioned that Viero was lynched despite there being a tie. In such a small setup, a doublevote or a votesteal are hugely powerful. Unfortunately, looks like we're too small in numbers to do some voting based science....damnit, just read through the rules again. RNG death, my error. Thought I'd leave this in here.

I'd rather like to see TD live, since he's actually active.

I don't like Catterick jumping on Q without him even posting a word. Same goes for TJ. Yes, Q fooled me as well last game, but this was last game. There is nothing to go on, yet you still pursue it. So yeah, wouldn't be surprised, if one out of the two would be mafian.

It's easier to nail the coffin on TJ, so Vote:TJ

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Lol. My strategy - kill him before he opens his mouth. Saves a lot of trouble. I do agree it's slightly weird that TJ is voting for him too (someone agreeing with me?! Madness) but who knows.

My only other lead is that Sahrimnir stopped posting after Requiem threw a random vote on him, perhaps to avoid detection. This is really minor stuff.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Hey guys, sorry for the absence, I'm obscenely busy.  As it stands now votes appear to be as follows:

Q(2): Cat, TheTJ
Sah(1): Requiem
Cat(1): Raya
TheTJ(2): td260, Fedaykin

I'd like to see this game kick into high gear, tbh.  Right now there's very little going on, and i recognize I've been a big part of that.

Firstly, Vote: TheTJ.  I agree with the reasoning as stated by td, and I don't want to be RNGkilled.

With that out of the way, here's some other thoughts:

Catterick

Cat, to set a record straight here, I will NEVER, regardless of side, lay low unless I simply don't have time to play.  While there are valid times for a player of either team to avoid becoming heavily involved in debate, simply disengaging is a bit of a pathetic strategy that can ruin the game for everyone else. 

That said, god, the number of times I've heard people say they should lynch me before I open my mouth is staggering, when you think about it.  Also, I've been mafia a total of maybe four times. Every other game I've played I've been town.  And my record as town catching scum is pretty good - don't discount me just because I screwed you over once.  The same logic applies to Snake ,Weldar, etc: You don't get rid of good players just for being good at the game, you lynch them if and when you have a genuine reason to believe they're scum.  That's the only thing that's going to win us the game. 

Regarding Catterick, I'm actually reading him as town.  If he were maf, his teammates would have told him to cut it out already.  As a townie it makes sense he'd be this paranoid because he just got screwed over last game.  Thus neural-town read here.

No time so I'll make the rest short:

MAD

Posting and voting only to arbitrarily maintain 3 way ties makes me a sad panda, and you a suspicious one.

Fedaykin

Don't really have a read on Fed, just want to address a couple points.  First, Fed's right in his thinking regarding Cat, as I already highlighted above.  But...

So yeah, wouldn't be surprised, if one out of the two would be mafian. -Fed

Wat?  I dont see Cat as mafian necessarily, just incredibly paranoid that he might get manipulated again.  Not sure where this jump in logic comes in.

I have other thoughts but it's now exactly midnight.  I'll post more if I'm around tomorrow(in game time)

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:17 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top