Mafia Game 28: Facing Your Fears: Day 5: 1, 2 Freddy's Coming for You!

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 28: Facing Your Fears: Day 5: 1, 2 Freddy's Coming for You!

Post  Raya on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Well, bugger.

We're in a tricky situation now. I suppose it's possible for the town to win still (in theory there's 2 mafians left out of 5 players, so if a mafian dies tonight we still deny them the majority). I'm wondering what the last hope refers to, either this or has someone got a useful power?

I'm putting my vote on MAD. His suspicious behaviour has been raised before, but his post last day phase rang massive alarm bells. Q was under fire, leading with votes, to which he then instead voted for TD with a rather flimsy argument. I think it was an attempt to save him from the lynch.

Vote: MAD

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:38 pm

Now Raya, I'll admit that I've trusted Q a little too much, and the vote tying stuff was a bit too silly, but you're wrong about me AND my argument. A townie lynching streak spanning the start of the game is DEFINITELY worth looking at. 

As such vote: TD 

And Happy Thanksgiving everybody (well, the people who celebrate American Thanksgiving. To those of you that don't, happy completely arbitrary last Thursday of November.

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:26 pm

I think I'm going to Vote: Magician as well. The Q flip actually really surprised me, but it DOES paint last day phase in an interesting light.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Well, only thing to really do is vote on Magician. He decided to vote against the Q train with pretty poor reasoning while also doing a deflection tactic by bringing up a lack of a night kill. Seems like a mafia buddy-buddy tactic to me.

Vote: Magician

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:16 pm

Magician's Adviser is fast asleep.

Relmitoes had kept quiet as Mag spent the day being accused.

He crept in the room and pierced him five places in the heart.

Magician's Adviser has been lynched. He was Ghostface a member of The-Midnight-Society

Night has fallen and will end Monday at 11pm.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:13 pm

The Springwood Slasher stalked his way in the night, drifting from dream to dream until he stumbled upon a very unusual one.

Full of marshmellow clouds, marshmellow houses and even a marshmellow sun.

"What the fuck is this happy horseshit?" He wondered aloud.

Twisted as he was, this was some new level shit and he stood stunned in the bizarre dream. A lightbulb, made of marshmellow, went off in his head. The Night Demon turned his jaw into that like a piranha and took a giant bite out of one of the houses.

Raya's body convulsed in her bed as a chunk was chewed from her side. She screamed despite still being asleep.

The menace grinned and continued to eat Raya alive from the inside. Suddenly a foreign voice inside Raya's head spoke.

"Who dares enter the realm of Gozer?"

"Your final Nightmare BITCH!" replied the stalker of dreams and with a final, jaw dislocated bite, Raya and the God incarnate was no more.

Raya was killed. She was The Mr. Staypuft Marshmallow Man the chosen form of Gozer!

A God vanished...
A threat emerged...
The time for games are at an end...

Dayphase has begun and will end Thursday at 11pm

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:19 am

Well, I think it's safe to assume that Raya was our Serial Killer based on that really strange role name of hers. Staypuft Marshmallow Man being the SK amuses me greatly.

Anyways just based on who is left, I'm thinking I'm going to Vote: Sahrimnir mostly based on a post he made early on in day 2. He brought up the whole "doctor vs. patient" thing and that occupied time for a bit.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Wait what? It was a valid point until JGH27 clarified that patients and doctors are the same. It would have been a pretty big hindrance for us if we didn't know that people who had been revealed as townies had actually been revealed as townies.

I'm not sure I quite understand what you're basing this vote on.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:10 pm

I just don't really see how anything labeled as "Doctor" in the middle of a game where all the townies are "Patients", especially after that flavor of the same phase shift we are talking about showed a doctor acting genuinely concerned about a patient, would possibly be the mafia.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:25 pm

I never claimed I thought they were the mafia. I was more leaning toward them being third party (until JGH27 clarified they were regular townies). My main point back then was that we had this big unsure thing. Anyway, does it matter? It seems like you're just grasping right now. Though I'm still unsure whether you're a townie who really can't find any other leads or you're a mafian desperately trying to shift suspicion onto someone else.

Meanwhile, TD is awfully quiet. Say something. What do you think about all this? There are only the three of us left now.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Between you and Td, that's basically the best I can figure as reasoning.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:08 am

Hm... I wonder if TD is trying to wait this out, waiting for the day phase to end while there is only one vote for me and nothing else. He was somewhat active earlier in the game, but then he just stopped. If he's the last mafian, this low activity would be in his favour at this point. Until he actually posts, I'm going to

Vote: TD260

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:20 pm

I can agree to that. I mean, my vote on you is simply because there's absolutely nothing on Td. Maybe he'll come and give some input this way.  Vote: Td

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:24 pm

Sah stood waiting in the lobby for the elevator. More deaths, more horribly violent deaths. It was almost too much for his mind to handle. All he wanted to do was go to bed. The doors opened and Sah pressed the button for the third floor.

The doors swished shut and the elevator began descending. Panic began to set in as Sah frantically began pushing the 3rd floor button.

The elevator stopped abruptly, doors slowly opened revealing a dingy, dark boiler room.

"Where the fuck am I?" Sah pondered.

He cautiously stepped out into the room, searching the room. A sudden SWOOSH made him jump as he turned around to see the elevator gone with out  a trace.

A loud scream pierced the air. Sah began running, it sounded like TD. The room twisted and turned. Long, narrow corridors weaved around large pipes. The heat was unbearable but yet Sah pushed on, sweat pouring from every opened pore of his body.

Finally he arrived at the end of a corridor into the furnace room. In a heap on the floor appeared to be a bunch of ragged clothes. Sah inched closer and realized to his horror that it wasn't a heap, but was a very battered and weakened TD. A voice appeared behind him.

"Welcome, to my nightmare!" the voice echoed of the walls.

Sah whipped around and caught the green and red striped sweater and the face of what appeared to be a man at first glance. Shape wise it was accurate but upon closer inspected all the flesh had been mutated to create a hiddeous form.

"Wha...what...what are you?" stuttered Sah

The figure took a step closer, one hand hidden behind its back.

"Why, I'm the boogy man" it said as it slowly crept forward. The distance narrowed as Sah was frozen by fear and confusion.

"And I'm coming to get you!" and with that, the figures arm emerged from behind his back with an agility of the likes that Sah had never before seen. Within a second the blades pierced Sah's stomach, dropping him to his knees in front of TD.

The figure laughed maniacally as it stalked TD's body.

"You see, this has been fun. The fear, I get off on that. This one here (points to TD) he fed my appetite quite well. But really, it's you I need now." The figure grabs TD's body and drags it towards the furnace.

"NOOOOO!!!!!!!" Sah cries out, fearing what's to come.

"Shhhh!" Relmitos holds up 1 of his bladed fingers to his mouth before tossing TD into the furnace.

"YEEOOOOWWWWWWwwwww........" the last sounds to come from TD has his body burned up.

"You BASTARD!" Sah yelled out tearfully in rage

"Freddy Krueger, the Bastard Child of 500 Psycho's, at your service" Freddy sneered. "Remember, this is all YOUR doing. You had a 50/50 chance of ridding the world of me but you feared death. You preserved yourself and sealed the fate of every man, woman and child. I shall enjoy feasting upon your fear"

Sah struggled to his feet as Freddy drew closer, gloved hand brandished and ready to slash.

"Fear this asshole!" Sah charged Freddy tackling him...

TD260 was killed. He was Sidney Prescott a patient

Sah woke up in bed, sheets covered in sweat and blood. He jumped out of bed, eyes darting everywhere. The room was dark, quiet and empty. A huge sigh of relief was let out. Sah headed to the bathroom to clean up. He turned the shower on and ditched is damp, bloodstained clothes. He cautiously looked the room over before entering the stall. Letting the water wash away the blood a bit, he began rubbing the shampoo into his hair. The water stung the open wound. How was he going to explain this to Dr. Lecter? The hot water tap began to turn hotter while the cold tap slowly turned off. Sah shrieked out in pain as he struggled for the door. Finally the lock slid and Sah stumbled out...landing on the foot of none other than Dr. Lecter.

"Do..doctor? I...can...explain" Sah gasped. "There's a monster in the hospital. It's been killing us slowly. He has"

"A glove made of knives? I burned face, a red and black sweater? Asked the doctor.

"Yes, how do you know?" Sah asked confused

"Well, let's just say I know him better than most...fucker" and with that, Lecter's skin transformed into the nightmarish look Sah witnessed in his dreams only moments earlier. "You kids are all stupid, you think you could have stopped all of us?"

Freddy Krueger grabbed Sah by the throat and squeezed, enjoying the gasps for breath. His gloved hand began cutting every vital vain, blood began squirting out. "This was too fucking easy" and with a final slash across Sah's throat, Freddy Krueger ended Sah's nightmares for good.

Sah has been killed. He was ______ (Don't remember, lost the role list both in pm's on here and my own list) a patient.

..."Poor Sah, all he wanted was for the nightmares to end so he could get some sleep. Now he'll get all the sleep he wants. As for me, well I'm off to see the good Doctor about some sedatives. Who would guess kidnapping could be so noisy. Until next time kiddies, hang up your dreamcatchers!"

Game 28 of Mafia has ended.

The Midnight Society (Mafia) are the winners. Had Sah not changed his vote, the lynch would have been left to the RNG thus giving the town a 50% chance of winning. (EDIT: With Relm's vote change it secured a win for the mafia)

What did everyone think, opinions, suggestions, feedback? First time ever hosting and I enjoyed it overall. Will have an analysis over the weekend hopefully.

Link to Mafian Forum
http://the-midnight-society.freeforums.net/

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:34 pm

I was Sidney Prescott.

JGH27 wrote:Had Sah not changed his vote, the lynch would have been left to the RNG thus giving the town a 50% chance of winning. (EDIT: With Relm's vote change it secured a win for the mafia)
Huh? I didn't change my vote. It was never on Relm. Until I decided to vote for TD, the only vote was Relm's vote on me.

Anyway, I blame TD for not posting in the last day phase. If he had said anything at all, I might have had more reason not to vote for him.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Ooops, my bad then.

Also right, fun fact that was unknown, if Ghostface had of targeted you for the night kill you would have killed him due to the role association haha

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:18 am

I would say it was clear Relm was the last mafia there Sah, Td not posting in the last phase was weird but he was one of the votes on the (surprisingly quick, to me at least) lynch on TMA, making him very unlikely to be mafia.

Whereas Relmitos' silence in earlier parts of the game was much more damning, in my opinion. He contributed nothing.

But hey, at least I got to kill Q.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:57 am

And for that I am truly sorry, but shit just happened.

Day 2 started, and when I got to college campus that day, my roomie had tried to commit suicide. So I spent all day at the hospital, answering questions, talking to the college resident assistants etc etc. Was not a fun time.

Day 3 is probably the weakest but Q and I had planned to do a little back and forth arguing for a more effect bus job, but that never happened

Day 4 was during thanksgiving.

That is why I made sure to post after every post D5 to try to make up for it.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:12 am

That's an understandable reason for inactivity. I wasn't really blaming you, just stating facts.

Maybe a serial killer was a bit too much for a game with only 13 players also. I understand it fits with the theme though, and I know Raya always wanted to be one. Could the SK kill every night?

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:58 am

Also to add, thanks to JGH for hosting. This game was fun! If more people had brought their "A" game I think it would've been especially memorable.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Let's start with the Mafia:

Mafia:

Freddy Krueger - Relmitos
Alignment: Mafia
Role: The Godfather
The Master of Dreams himself, you are the puppeteer for this nightmare filled game. While you may not have any abilities, you are protected from night kills and your only demise comes from lynching. A united town is a town without fear and that just simply won't do...

Relm organized the mafian forum and lead the group earlier in the game. It seemed he became content with letting Ghostface do all of the killings early on, which could have turned out poorly if Sah had been targeted for a night kill. I was surprised to see Relm through TMA under the bus on the second last dayphase. While it was an attempt to make an innocent claim, Sah went straight for him at the start of the final day. Had TD been around at all there's a good chance Relm would have been lynched.

Michael Myers - Q
Role: Silent Killer
After being locked up for years following the brutal killing of his sister on Halloween, Michael Myers returned to his hometown to feed his need to kill. The strong, silent type no one is safe anywhere when this Psycho hits the streets.
Ability: You may PM me the name of your vote once per day. This supersedes your 'public' vote. You MUST vote this way, failure to PM a name but vote in the thread will count as a non-vote.

Q was very quiet this game, school kept him very busy. It was sad because he never got to use his unique power that I was so waiting to see used. A plan was made for him and Relm to go at each other and then have Q keep his vote 'on record' as against Relm but switch it to actually vote on a townie. Regretfully that never panned out. The day or night, can't remember which, Q wanted to toy around with the town since it started off very one sided. TMA was against the idea and it may have been a good call. Since the town got a couple of lynches in a row.

Ghost Face - TMA
Role: Caller
Hiding behind a mask, you enjoy calling your victims before slashing them. Why call? Simple, to find out their favourite scary movie...
Condition: If you are performing the night kill, you must call your victim and ask them their favourite scary movie. (The PM will go to me so you remain anonymous. I will reply with their answer).

TMA had to give me the target along with asking them what their favourite scary movie was. After the first 2 or 3 never replied in time I opted to put it in as flavour on the one nightkill. Again, had TMA of targeted Sah, the Sidney Prescott role would have been not only immune but would have killed TMA.

Rejected Mafia Roles
Jason Voorhees
Role: Adrenaline Monster
A truly deranged Mama's boy, you were left to drown in Camp Crystal Lake while all the councillors were partying. After going on her own vengeance killing spree, Ms. Voorhees met her demise. Now you stalk the campgrounds killing any and all who you meet.
Ability: If Jason acheives 3 successful night kills (meaning he is the one to kill) he'll get immunity for the dayphase following the 3rd night kill.

This role I dropped because of the smaller game set up. I figured if a character had 3 nightkills on townies, giving him immunity would be an unfair advantage.

Chucky
Chucky is really a good guy, his box even says so. So why the reckless killing spree? It's almost as if he's been possessed...but an inanimate toy couldn't possibly be possessed...could it?

As much as I wanted Chucky in, I opted out in place of more flavour or roles that wouldn't kill directly but could be fun to see played out.

Leather Face
The runt of the Sawyer family, Leatherface is a mentally undeveloped man child who fears and serves his family. A brutal butcher he chooses to use an assortment of butcher tools to kill but is most known for his use of a chainsaw. After all, the saw is family...

Too much like Jason or Myers character wise, opted out for same reason as Chucky.

Dr. Hannibal Lecter
A sophisticated man with an appetite for the most rare of dishes. This cannibal is quite cunning and has a certain charisma allowing him to hide in plain view...

This character I decided to not terminate completely as the 'Dr' part just fit in with the story.

Pin Head
Pin Head is a sadistic creature who enjoys watching others suffer. You enjoy being creative in your torturous killings.

Again, I decided against this character purely based on how vanilla he was ability wise.

That's the mafian side. I HAD considered making it Mafian's vs Townies in a complete 180 where the town had the info and the mafians were disorganized but felt it was a bad idea, especially for my first time hosting.

Third Party

Mr. Stay Puft - Raya
Alignment: Gozer
Role: Chaotic Survivor
As the famous marshmellow menace from Ghostbusters, your only goal is to cause as much destruction as you can while surviving to the end of the game. Do this and you win the game. If mafia win, you share the win. If townies defeat the mafia then you MUST rid the rest of the town to be the victor.
Ability: You may make 1 kill every other night.

I debated including a SK type role but decided it'd make the game interesting. I was hoping that Q or Raya would get it because I wanted to see the manipulation at play. Sadly this game never saw much manipulation at all due to the low activity. I made a decision which I informed Raya of. Had she have been the last non-townie alive she could begin killing nightly as the odds would be greatly against her. The night she killed Fedaykin, Fed had actually also targeted her with his ability. Because Raya was innocent of Snakes death (more on this later), Fed was defenceless against Raya. Though it didn't prevent me from showing avenging demon off.

Rejected Third Party

Not fleshed out but I had Tiffany and Chucky as the 'Lover's' role. They would start off apart (Chucky as mafia and Tiffany as townie) but upon finding each other would become third party with either survivor win conditions or a second mafia. Was not decided on this.

So that's the mafia and third party roles summed up. What were your thoughts playing as them?

Townies will come in the next couple of days when time permits.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:30 pm

You fucker Relm, I'd have had the game in the bag if you hadn't killed me Sad

Closest I've ever been to an SK, so can't fault J for that! My original plan was to target townies and steamroll the mafia to victory, but with how things turned out I realised I was rapidly becoming a priority target so had to change tactics. If I lived my intention was to lead a lynch against Relm, then since no mafians were left to kill me just heap suspicion on everyone else. Made myself too big of a target at the end, but with the activity levels/numbers left I couldn't stay quiet, which bit me in the ass. Oh well.

I really liked this game J, you did good as a host Smile Loved the theme too, it worked well. Shame the activity levels were so low, but that's not your fault. Thanks for hosting!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Thanks Catt and Raya, I enjoyed hosting and perhaps I'll host again in the future.

My biggest struggle was trying to ensure the game was balanced and the my role mechanics worked.

BTW Raya, what was your big cover story for the roleclaim you thought you may need to make?

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:23 pm

JGH27 wrote:BTW Raya, what was your big cover story for the roleclaim you thought you may need to make?

You know how horror films tend to have the innocent virgin escape at the end? My plan was to roleclaim as survivor and say that was my role, being the good girl who simply has to survive until the end. Cliche enough to be believable, I hoped Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Ahhh very cliche and something I didn't even think of.....I wish I had of seen that

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:29 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top