Final Fantasy XI, the complete storyline

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Final Fantasy XI, the complete storyline

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Or it will be complete, anyway. I have to level the character and make the movies, so I'll be updating this thread from time to time with a new slew of missions.

Final Fantasy XI is a great game with as much storyline as you'd expect out of a title from SE's flagship series. It being an MMO however I'm aware not everyone will partake in it, thus missing out on the story even if it would interest you. The thing is, XI now has something of an expiration date on it. SE has come out and said that after the November update, XI will cease to get content patches because reasons, and will eventually strip it of access via the Xbox360 and PS2 versions leaving only the PC version running. That being said, an MMO that is not only losing support from it's producer but is also losing options to play it with, will die sooner or later and SE has gone on record saying they will not make an offline single player version of it(and they could, based on the systems currently in the game, but that's beside the point). This means, of course, that Final Fantasy as a series will have a gap between X and XII eventually and all of the story will just be gone. Those that haven't seen it at that point never will. This is something of an attempt at changing that, and keeping XI sort of alive after SE pulls the plug.

I'll be trying to release the videos in something of a chronological order. I'll make notes here and there about when what happens, but for the most part, each expansion comes one after the other. There are a few oddities though.

Onward with the show.

Final Fantasy XI Opening

When you make a new character you can select one of three nations to begin as and each of them have their own set of stories, but naturally they can only be completed one at a time so we'll just be going in the order I pick. We'll be starting as Bastok since I'm most used to being a Bastokan and I'll be able to level the quickest and easiest starting there. The three nation's storylines, unlike the rest of the storylines, all basically happen at the same time between ranks.

The Republic of Bastok Rank Mission Storyline Starts Here.

Image wasn't so small when I pulled it off the internet. Oh well, I tried. Sorry bout that.

Bastok Rank Mission 0 Cutscenes
These aren't literally "Mission 0", Mission 0 doesn't exist, these are just what play whenever you make a new character that starts in Bastok. There are 3 different possible cutscenes to get so I recorded them all, as they all manage to lay down some background. No what I'm wearing isn't starter gear, just a heads up. Razz

Bastok Rank Mission 1-1: The Zeruhn Report
On with the actual missions now.

Bastok Rank Mission 1-2: A Geological Survey

Bastok Rank Mission 1-3: Fetichism

That's all of Rank 1, on to Rank 2! I'll probably be recording those videos later tonight. Beyond Rank 2 I intend on just burning my character to the level cap so I can just knock down mission after mission and just rapidly record things, so there may be a pretty big gap between Rank 2 and Rank 3. But hey! There's currently a double experience campaign thingie going on, so maybe it won't be the worst.

Last edited by Relmitos on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:48 am; edited 3 times in total

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy XI, the complete storyline

Post  Relmitos on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:53 pm

If you've seen it already, go back to Bastok Rank Mission 1-3: Fetichism and watch from 2:35 on, there was some optional cutscene I neglected to record at the time I made that video, so I added it in for the little extra.

Also I did a little work on making transitions smoother and not so sudden. After rewatching the Rank 1 missions I decided something needed to be done since it was a little jarring just suddenly being at a new scene. I think I've got it down now though. Onward with Rank 2.

Bastok Rank Mission 2-1: The Crystal Line

Bastok Rank Mission 2-2: Wading Beast

Bastok Rank Mission 2-3: The Emissary

The plot thickens

That's likely to be it until I get my character to the level cap, which may or may not take awhile. I'm leaning towards may not though, as I'm already more or less halfway done now that Warrior is at level 50 and all I need to do is unlock Rune Fencer and bring it from 1 to 99. Exp is flying though, so we'll see.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:09 am

Alright, soooooooooooo I did mission 3-2 and learned that some missions, particularly the repeatable ones, have different cut scenes based on where you turn the mission in at. So I kind of had to rerecord Mission 1-3. Again. So I apologize for having to tell you guys to go back and watch it yet once more, but that's what I'm going to do. Skip to 3:12 in Fetichism to see the new stuff, the stuff before that has been there already.

I really advise going to watch the update to Fetichism, as it leads up to all the cutscenes in mission 3-2.

I said that I would have to get Rune Fencer to the level cap of 99 before I really continued posting videos, but then the game made a liar out of me. The original level cap of the game was level 50, when Rise of the Zilart came out it went up to level 75, and later it went further to 99. Once you hit 50, you have to start doing level cap quests every 5 levels. I've hit level 60 Rune Fencer, and the level 60 cap quest requires I get to Mission 4-1. Being that I stopped to level after finishing Mission 2-3, I had to grind out Rank 3 missions. So here we are. Enjoy.

Bastok Rank Mission 3-1: The Four Musketeers

Bastok Rank Mission 3-2: To the Forsaken Mines

Bastok Rank Mission 3-3: Jeuno

Enjoy!

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:49 am

Alright! It took me some time, longer then I had wanted it to, but I have finally gotten to level 99 as a Rune Fencer. The video spam can commence, and man, the first continuation is a whopper. There's only one Rank 4 mission, so it's really long, and as such, so is the video. Just imagine it with all the actual game play in the middle of it as well, instead of just the cut scenes. Sorry it took so long, but here we go!

Bastok Rank Mission 4: Magicite

Will get Rank 5 up sometime within the next day or two, I've already got them recorded, just need to edit and host them on Youtube.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:52 pm

Yeah these are going to come quickly as long as college doesn't get in the way too badly. Now that I'm 99 I can just do mission after mission. Here's rank 5.

Bastok Rank Mission 5-1: Darkness Rising

Bastok Rank Mission 5-2: Xarcabard, Land of Truths

Enjoy!

Xarcabard, Land of Truths marks the final rank mission for Bastok in the original release of Final Fantasy XI. There are more rank missions but they came when the first expansion, Rise of the Zilart, came out. Carrying on with Rank 6 later.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:03 am

Onward with the show! From this point on the missions more or less start tying together all the loose ends in the Bastok storyline.

Bastok Rank Mission 6-1: Return of the Talekeeper

Bastok Rank Mission 6-2: The Pirate's Cove

As fast as I'm burning through these missions, it won't be much longer until we're done with Bastok and we can move on to one of the other two nations.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:13 am

Rank 7 Missions.

Bastok Rank Mission 7-1: The Final Image

Bastok Rank Mission 7-2: On My Way

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:30 am

Just gonna drop what's left of the Bastok Rank missions here since I'm done with it instead of just dragging it out. As such, here you go, the final, rank 8 and 9 mission sets!

Okay, so, this one, before anyone thinks it or suggests it, I did not name that game awhile ago Chains that Bind Us after this mission. Truth be told, I had on my original character done the Bastok missions first as well since I was originally a Hume and you get a Bastokan Ring for being a Hume and starting in Bastok, as do Galka. Likewise Elvaan get San d'Orian Rings for starting in San d'Oria, Mithra and Tarutaru get Windurstian Rings for starting in Windurst. Useful things. Anyway, as such I did that mission nearing a decade ago and forgot they had a mission named that in the first place. I named my game Chains that Bind Us on the grounds of what I had planned. Even though the two teams were differently aligned, difference of ideals and politics, and not always in agreeance, they needed each other and things they picked during the course of the game would have an effect on both teams as it progressed. The name made sense from what I had in mind, it just never materialized. So believe it or not, the name of that game and the name of this mission are actually just a coincidence.

Bastok Rank 8-1: The Chains that Bind Us

Bastok Rank Mission 8-2; Enter the Talekeeper

Onto the rank 9 missions, the final missions for Bastok.

Bastok Rank Mission 9-1: The Salt of the Earth

The big finale!

Bastok Mission Rank 9-2: Where Two Paths Converge

And that's all folks. For the most part anyways. That's all of the major story points as far as Bastok is concerned, though there are a slew of side quests that are relevant to the missions. More stuff concerning things like Cornelia's interactions with the various Galkans in the nation and the like. I intend on getting the more important ones posted. So whatcha think, now that it's over and you've seen the whole set?

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:50 pm

Before starting on San d'Oria missions, going to post some side quest stories in the Bastok zones that are relevant to the main storyline or have a decent enough side-plot to be worth recording. Basically that's going to mean quest chains and the quests with characters you've already seen will be here, and the plethora of one-off quests that populate the zones won't be here since they're SO minor they're not worth it.

That being said these don't ALL necessarily take place after the last rank mission, but if you've followed all the missions thus far you'd be able to have a decent idea of about where they belong in the storyline, if they're related to it, of course.

Inheritance

Rivals

I loaded three quests into one in this next video because it's the same chain and they all start and end in roughly the same spot so it was easier just to put them all in one. I'll probably continue to put chains in the same video so it's easier to keep track of.

The Elvaan Goldsmith, Father Figure, and The Return of the Adventurer

I'll keep adding to this post as I get more of the side-quests recorded and such. I'll make mention when a new one gets added, next post we will start the San d'Oria rank missions.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:14 am

Nope, I did not actually forget about this. Completing this project is something I feel very strongly about and it is something I really do want to finish. College finals, graduation, and the holidays combined however kept me away from this. As well as other things. Anyway, I know you guys are all excited to continue to some nation other then Bastok, so moving straight along.

The Kingdom of San d'Oria Rank Mission Storyline Starts Here.

San d'Oria Rank Mission 0 Cutscenes

As with Bastok, these aren't actually a rank 0 mission. Just the opening cut scenes for the nation again.

San d'Oria Rank Mission 1-1: Smash the Orcish Scouts

San d'Oria Rank Mission 1-2: Bat Hunt

San d'Oria Rank Mission 1-3: Save the Children

Wasting no time thickening the plot in San d'Oria, huh?

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:35 pm

Swiftly carrying on. Rank 2.

San d'Oria Rank Mission 2-1: The Rescue Drill

San d'Oria Rank Mission 2-2: The Davoi Report

San d'Oria Rank Mission 2-3: Journey Abroad

This mission is basically a repeat of Bastok's The Emissary mission, just starting from San d'Oria and going to Bastok then Windurst. I kind of meant to go to Windurst first then Bastok second, but then out of habit I went to Bastok first. Whoops. I'll fix it (much) later. Or preferably, just make a second video to get all the text in. Sounds like the better option to me.

More later.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Onward with rank 3 and 4.

San d'Oria Rank Mission 3-1: Infiltrate Davoi

San d'Oria Rank Mission 3-2: The Crystal Spring

San d'Oria Rank Mission 3-3: Appointment to Jeuno

Unfortunately from this point on the missions are going to be fairly similar to ones you've already seen from the Bastok missions of the same numbering. Those missions were major plot points to the overall story at the time and they didn't want you to miss it no matter which nation you picked, so missions 3-3 until we get to rank 6 are basically going to be repeats that are different enough to warrant posting because they are from the view points of the different nations, afterall. When we get to the rank 6 missions it'll be fresh, unseen stuff once more, largely concerning San d'Oria, of course.

San d'Oria Rank Mission 4-1: Magicite

More later.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:20 am

The Rank 5 missions are mostly the same for all the nations as they are major plot points of FFXI and SE made sure you saw them, regardless of what nation you actually picked, so most of this is stuff you've already seen, but there ARE nation specific bits in them anyway. Take that as you will.

San d'Oria Rank 5-1 Mission; The Ruins of Fei'yin

San d'Oria Rank 5-2 Mission; The Shadow Lord

San d'Oria Rank 6-1 Mission; Leaute's Last Wishes

San d'Oria Rank 6-2 Mission; Ranperre's Final Rest

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:56 pm

Next set. Nearing the end of San d'Oria then I can finally move onto Windurst, I know you've all been anxiously awaiting it.

San d'Oria Rank Mission 7-1; Prestige of the Papsque

San d'Oria Rank Mission 7-2; The Secret Weapon

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:26 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top