MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:02 pm

Avalanche wrote:I love how Fedaykin points out he feels the same about me as he does about SuicideAngel, regarding bandwagons.... Then proceeds to join the bandwagon himself. Not pointing any guilty fingers (yet), just thought I'd point it out.

You don't get to be smug for voting earlier Razz The other person you were voicing suspicions about is unlynchable for today.

Also this counterpush against spoon is really gaining additional momentum

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3161
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Relmitos on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:03 pm

The Magician's Adviser wrote:Resolution: Yea


Vote: Spoon


Partially to jolt him into action, partly to shake the double voters nest, see if it's worth it to them to save SA twice. I mean, they probably won't either way, but there's probably a limit to how much they can stuff the ballot box, so it'll be easier to tell if Spoon and SA are close in the polls.


Speaking of polls, we should talk about who should be our SG next dayphase. I personally would like  to throw my hat in the ring, though it doesn't especially matter who we get as long as we work out who gets it (with the understanding that whoever gets he prestigious role tells us as much as they can without drawing SIAB's ire

Why would you possibly vote to tie the vote between Suicide and Spoon to "shake the double voters nest"? If there ARE double voters in play you handed them their guy, up until Smash voted just now, anyway.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  SuicideAngel on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:46 pm

Apologies Cat and Relm, I found them now. It bothers me Relm never bolded an unvote smashbro, or put any votes on separate lines, but that's just a formatting preference I have, makes things simpler to tally and we avoid mishaps like this. I skim and bolded text kinda blends in with surrounding text. My bad.

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 403
Join date : 2010-04-11
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Quaetam on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:58 pm

Quick necropost:

For future reference guys, it helps to either Underline vote or post them in white tags  such as this.


Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Raya on Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:34 pm

Catterick wrote:
Yet to vote: everyone else
Reminder that I can't vote this phase.

I still think there's something up with Suicide. JGH27 getting lynched on 3 votes (that turned out to be 5) seems really odd. Unless two of those voters by amazing coincidence had double votes, it seems to me like there was a coordinated effort to get J lynched. The biggest benefactor of this, of course, is Suicide. I'm not saying that it couldn't all be a coincidence, but it's still mighty suspicious.

I'm not sure about Catt; asking about revealing who voted for the SG would make life difficult for the mafia, since it'd involve a lot of planning to not look suspicious. That alone makes me lean towards him being townie/third party.

Fos: Minby, for being ridiculously non-committal and putting his only vote in 2 days on Req. I agree his post is fishy and likely being controlled, but based on all our other arguments, there's a lot of other targets and it seems like a safe waste of a vote.

_________________
HG/SS Friends Code: 2364 8721 9695   B/W Friends Code: 2193 7770 9554   X/Y Friends Code:1805-2682-3033
"Foxes never lose their tricks, do they?" - Quaetman
"We'll be going about our business one day and then someone will be like "hm, where's Barda" and Raya will all suspiciously be like "WELL DON'T LOOK AT ME"..." - Rocket Admin Camilla
King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4559
Join date : 2009-08-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:12 pm

After staying late into the night due to intense debate, a decision had been made.

REQUIEM: 1 VOTE

TD: 1 VOTE

SMASHBRO: 5 VOTES

SUICIDEANGEL: 6 VOTES

The Secretary General read the votes aloud, as the crowd switched back and forth between anger and confusion. Smash pulled at his shirt collar and shifted around a bit uncomfortably, until the final vote on Suicide was read. He slumped back and drew in a breath of fresh air, just as Suicide released an angry cry and charger towards the stage where the Secretary General stood behind her large marble podium. As he unsheathed his diamond knife, she reached into the podium and drew a large gun. He froze a few feet in front of her, looking down at the deadly instrument she had instantly pointed at his chest. Slowly he smiled and looked into her eyes for a moment, before turning to the crowd behind him and chuckling.

"Heheh. Funny. This is funny. You guys managed to find me. Wow. I really didn't expect it to happen this soon, given how much chaos ensues just to get a straight vote count. You all are tearing yourself apart. You spent so much time and energy tearing apart something that was good, a testament of time that stayed untouched for hundreds of years, and now that you got your way you just can't find anything better to do than continue tearing things down for whatever cause you deemed appropriate enough to justify it. Look around you! Is this better than what we had before? The citizens are still just as unsatisfied as they were. As they always will be. And the people that would have lead are still in charge. I am not alone in my cause. And you will not destroy us." He lifted his diamond knife to his throat, as the Secretary General pulled her trigger. Right as he had begun to slice his neck, his body erupted with bullets and crumpled onto the stage floor. The Secretary General put her gun back in the podium, and stepped downstage over the body onto the edge of the stage.

Suicide_Angel was killed! He was the Emperor, a member of the Old World Order

"The resolution passes. Mr. President himself only personally contacted one person, though I couldn't make out who it may have been due to him being in the middle of all this chaos. I've limited it down to a few people. As you come to the stage to enter your vote for the next Secretary General, take a look and make of it what you will." She produced a list and put it next to the ballot box.  

Td260
Quote
Magician's Advisor
Minby
Suicide_Angel


Please send in your actions and votes for SG. There was a lot of inactivity this phase, and moreso a lot of confusion. Allow me to clarify: You must make it known when you are using both votes. If you are unsure of how many votes you have, contact me. If you do not vote for two phases in a row, I will be taking action and you will be punished. From this point forward, for a resolution to pass it must have been voted "yea" by a majority of the town.


Last edited by SnakeInABox on Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5850
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  SuicideAngel on Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:37 pm


Bury me with my possessions and an army of clay warriors.

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 403
Join date : 2010-04-11
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:26 pm

It was a quiet night in the capitol.... Though the threat had not not fully been eliminated yet, the people were able to rest easier knowing that at least the scumhunting ball has begun to roll. It was only a matter of time before the other slipped up and things would return back to normal, after a few public executions were out of the way of course. Once this mess was sorted out, they could all take a deep breathe and return to their regular daily schedules of citizen appeasement and rebel execution. For now though there was a particular focus on the latter for most of the politicians here, minus a select few. The OWO, of course had other things on their mind... as did the Majority Whip. His life hinged on the ability to please. If others weren't satisfied, he couldn't be either. Appeasement was his specialty, and it was his way of life. So when a figure approached him at the beginning of the night and asked to talk in private, he didn't think twice. Maybe, if he could help them, he would get something out of it too. That was usually how these political favors worked. They subtly stepped aside into the lobby of the Capitol Building as everyone else moved on to the sleeping quarters for bed. As he pulled an extra vote from his pocket to negotiate with, the Majority Whip was knocked unconscious from behind. When he awoke later in the night, he found that his hands and feet had been tied by four different ropes, spreading his limbs out like some sort of biology project. A dark figure stepped out from the shadows, as their instrument of suffering dangled out of their hand and across the floor behind them. As they reared their arm back, Sahrimnir realized that his night was only just beginning.

Sahrimnir was killed! He was the Majority Whip, a member of the Town!


Upon morning, his body was found strung up in the lobby. He had bled out through his lacerations, As a pool of blood had settled around him. Yesterdays Secretary General approached the body and lightly touched one of the gashes. They looked back at the terrified and angry faces, before finally announcing-

"They will pay for this. If we stay determined, with each day they can only become weaker. Fedaykin, our new Secretary General, will see that they are all eliminated!"

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5850
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:10 pm

Okay super early analysis, no sleep and no time means short look.

So the mafia played a bit more conservatively this time. As opposed to going for our biggest gun (President Q-kazoo) they went for someone who was only barely active (having only posted twice). After a quick glance it looks like someone is trying to make Catterick look bad, as Sah's only activity was to throw a vote at Catt and throw an FoS at him and SA. I can't rule out the possibility of a bus driver putting Sah in harm's way on a suspicion (though I'll admit that sounds like leap) At this point I'm pretty sure Raya and Catt are both town, if only because they saw right through SA.

Which means it's time for the elephant in the room. Yes, I defended SuicideAngel. Strenuously. I know that looks bad, but I plead idiocy and naivete on this one. not really much else to say on that one.

Here begins the part of the post where I speculate based off of flavor. I realize that flavor is taken to mean little if anything, I disagree with this sentiment, but grains of salt where they're due

Now to get in front of something else before it falls under discussion. When I first read the write up for Sah's death I got the impression of an SK kill for the particularly gruesome death. Before anyone else runs with the same impression I wanted to point out that his death seemed to mimic being drawn and quartered, a barbaric "old way" of execution. So probably a mafia kill.

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 171
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:52 pm

Thanks for your trust. I will do my best to weed out the corruption from our midst.

To do so I Propose: Public Option - Spoonman

With this resolution everybody is able to use Spoon's power next dayphase. This is basically a public rolescan. May it shine light on Spoon's true intentions!

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3161
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Relmitos on Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:27 am

Okay, so, obvious lynch target of the day is TMA. Assuming he knew that someone was a double voter that was voting on Spoon, and I suspect Suicide was the double voter(I'll elaborate on that later as to why), he shifted his vote near the end of the day to tie the vote between Spoon and Suicide, which somehow ended up being a vote between Smash and Suicide, but that fact is rather irrelevant to the overall fact that he tried to tie the vote between Spoon/Smash and Suicide, who can reasonably be assumed was the God Father as he flipped Emperor. Emperor is kind of a big deal. Things just don't look good for him. Especially since Q also drew some possible connection with TMA and Suicide before he died.

Vote: Magician


That being said, we still need to talk. Do NOT let this be a "Vote: Magician" and stagnate day phase. We need more things to go on.

Looking at a few things, yesterday's vote tally as far as I can tell was:

SuicideAngel(6): Catterick, Relmitos x2, Avalanche, Fedaykin, Smashbro
TD260(1): Requiem
Requiem(1): Minby_Aran
Spoonman Abrams(4): TD260 x2, SuicideAngel, The Magician's Adviser
No one(1): Barda_Ehmos

By my count there was only 4 votes on Spoon, yet Snake says there are 5 on Smash. The only guy who voted on both JGH and Spoon was Suicide, so he may have been our double voter, but that's just speculation on my part. Besides, even if he WAS the double voter it still doesn't explain why JGH hung, so there's still the question of if there's hidden votes or is there vote manipulation going on. That said, this is mere speculation on my part, which might not be correct anyway.

Our new SG of the land is quick at work, it would seem. I do agree with his proposal as something potentially useful, though I would remind everyone that some roles can be on either the town's side or the mafia's side. I wouldn't really debate that until we figure out what his power is, though.

Proposal vote: Yea

Spoon I do consider worth being looked at, I feel. He hasn't done all that much so far this game, granted, but having come in at a random point just to drop a vote and leave seems like both a liability because he can just drop in at any time to either tie or swing a vote and someone we just won't be able to get any read on. Fed's proposal should help that, at least somewhat.

Catterick I feel better about then I did a few days ago. I already wasn't going to call him mafian because of Suicide's flip, now after it it seems less likely. If I am correct and Suicide did have a double vote and was the god father, bussing him seems like not a great idea to me.

I want to think a little bit more before I make claims against the rest of the people I'm thinking about, I just want to get my initial thoughts up.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:30 am

Quick phone post on the way to work: pleading for stupidity has as far as i remember never helped. You would probably have my vote, if I could vote today.

Also regarding Avalanche's suspicions about Raya picking the worst possible resolution: without going into Details(i am not allowed to), I can fully unterstand why she picked the one she did. It probably was the best or at least, the least bad one at the time.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3161
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Catterick on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:37 am

Vote: The Magician's Advisor

This player has done nothing even remotely townie this entire game. And considering he has been mafia the previous two games, I think we all know his act by now.

For the other players, these are my feelings.

Relmitos, Raya, and Avalanche look town to me.

I'm very suspicious of TheTJ, Quote, Barda_Ehmos, and DarkFalco for lurking. TJ especially since it looked like he was set to participate Day 1 then vanished.

Between Minby_Aran, TD260 and Smashbro, there could also be a mafian. Requiem too but less so to me.

Spoonman feels like an unhelpful townie or third party since they've scapegoated a lot by others while SA was up for the lynch, including TMA. However, he possibly has a weird power since it looks like the votes on him were shifted to Smashbro. Which leads me to

Proposal Vote: Nay

If everyone gets Spoonman's power, which could be a switching all votes on yourself to someone else (or even having this as a latent characteristic), the mafia will be able to run riot. This is also enough for me to be a little suspicious of Fedaykin for proposing such a thing.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Avalanche on Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:47 am



I'll post something more substantial later today but for now, those who are interested can look into the voting record.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5783
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 25
Location : Land of Dykes and Drugs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Relmitos on Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:28 am

Catterick wrote:I'm very suspicious of TheTJ, Quote, Barda_Ehmos, and DarkFalco for lurking. TJ especially since it looked like he was set to participate Day 1 then vanished.

Of the 4 I have no strong feelings either way due to almost nothing to go on. Currently these guys should be on our reserve list for lynching inactives later on.


Catterick wrote:Between Minby_Aran, TD260 and Smashbro, there could also be a mafian. Requiem too but less so to me.

Out of these 4 guys, I'd say my vote would be TD260. Smash maybe, but that would be one hell of a bus attempt. He shows up and puts down what ended up being the deciding vote to put the noose on Suicide, without it there would've been a tie, and I've got no idea what happens on a tied lynch. As such currently I don't believe Smash would be our man in this batch. Minby and Requiem I place about the same spot on my "Do we lynch em?" meter.

The reason I say TD out of these guys is mostly because I can't get behind his reasoning on voting Spoon over Suicide last day phase. Understand, I'm not of the mind he's the most worthy of the lynch BECAUSE he went for Spoon, as Spoon is also someone I find worthy of a lynch though I'm not sure where I would rank him on my "Do we lynch em?" meter. I do agree that his gameplay this game is somewhat strange and the vote & bail he did, without fail never looks good to me. My reasoning is more, why Spoon over Suicide? Spoon had "MIA and strange vote" going for him at this time. Suicide on the other hand  had that really strange lynch dodge D1, the early bandwagon thing Raya called him out on and trying to link me to Catt on false grounds(Which I looked back on, he didn't always follow his own voting preference that he mentioned, for what it's worth). I will not call him mafian on the grounds that he voted to hang Spoon alongside a mafian because he voted before Suicide did, so that's just silly. This does not apply to Magician, because he knew full well what he was voting on when he did that. That's not to say I won't call TD mafia for the rest of this section, however.

Catterick wrote:Spoonman feels like an unhelpful townie or third party since they've scapegoated a lot by others while SA was up for the lynch, including TMA. However, he possibly has a weird power since it looks like the votes on him were shifted to Smashbro. Which leads me to

Proposal Vote: Nay

If everyone gets Spoonman's power, which could be a switching all votes on yourself to someone else (or even having this as a latent characteristic), the mafia will be able to run riot. This is also enough for me to be a little suspicious of Fedaykin for proposing such a thing.


Hmmm, you bring up some good points here. I'll have to ponder this for a little and see if it's worth passing this. You are quite right, we could very easily hang someone we don't mean to like this. I may be changing my vote on the proposal.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Raya on Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:44 am

Quick post since I'm out at my work's Christmas party tonight so otherwise won't get to post until tomorrow.

Firstly, I'm surprised at Sah's death last night, he wasn't exactly a high priority target. Q was understandable N1, when he's townie he's a big threat to the mafia, but Sah had been very quiet and not drawing attention to himself. Seems odd for the mafia to suddenly target him. I wonder if some bussing was going on last night.

Also, regarding the resolution passing, with Q interacting with one of the following:

SnakeInABox wrote:Td260
Quote
Magician's Advisor
Minby
Suicide_Angel

Doesn't exactly narrow it down much. Did any of the above get messages regarding powers being used on them N1?

Although I'm leaning townie for Catt, his voting record is concerning. D1 he changed his vote from TJ to JGH27 for no reason, although at that stage it bought up the vote tally to Suicide 3 vs J 2. He did vote for Suicide D2, but it looked highly likely he was going to get hung anyway. It's just starting to seem a bit dodgy.

I'm also suspicious of Fed right now because, no offence, he seems a very odd choice to be SG. Last day phase he made 2 posts, and out of 16 possible candidates (I couldn't be voted and Sah was still alive), he was the one chosen? He's not exactly screamed townie (though not screamed mafia either). We're looking at a minimum 2 votes to be elected, 3 or 4 to be safe, so I don't know why potentially a quarter of the players suddenly voted for him. Which raises the earlier point about a coordinated effort by the mafia to get someone elected. I can't comment on the resolutions of course, but I could think of better targets for today's proposal. There's definitely something up with Spoon, but I'd have rather used it on someone active to try and determine their alignment rather than an unknown vector.

_________________
HG/SS Friends Code: 2364 8721 9695   B/W Friends Code: 2193 7770 9554   X/Y Friends Code:1805-2682-3033
"Foxes never lose their tricks, do they?" - Quaetman
"We'll be going about our business one day and then someone will be like "hm, where's Barda" and Raya will all suspiciously be like "WELL DON'T LOOK AT ME"..." - Rocket Admin Camilla
King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4559
Join date : 2009-08-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Requiem on Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:24 am

So step one Vote: Yea. I honestly don't see where you're getting your theory from Catterick. He might have a power to push votes off himself? That's a pretty big jump from what I've seen. Further than that, as far as we're going, even if, on the very off chance you're right (That's a really big if), it tells us what Spoon can do, and gives us an idea of his alignment. Also, assuming I remember correct, but Spoon hasn't been active in the SA mafia game either, citing sickness as the cause. Not saying he's innocent, just giving you all a heads up.

Step Two, Vote: Magician's Advisor. I was initially going to ignore it because they're RL people, and I can see Ken feeling bad if Suicide got killed right off the bat, but that defence was just kind of awful. That being said, it looks very much like the prep for a bussing from someone like Catterick. I still however, don't trust TD either.

Requiem
Savior in Green

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 25
Location : Twin Lake, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:22 am

I'm back from work and have some more time on my hands.

@Raya: From your reaction, I see, that you expected someone else. This position puts a spotlight on the person holding it. As you said yourself, I don't scream townie, but not mafia either. Is it really so hard to believe, that this is enough? You weren't exactly confirmed townie either, when you got it(and you still aren't, though I think that you are town). This is a suspicion I can hardly defend against and so will any future SG, since the numbers will be dwindling and if we don't kill more scum, even more so.

The reason I chose this resolution is a rather simple one. As I said last dayphase, Spoon's lack of explanation for his actions made him look very odd. However, since he never really said anything connecting him to other people(except for voting Catterick), his death wouldn't give us much information. Now people counterpushed on him over SA, who flipped mafian, with TD leading the charge. Knowing Spoon's power will give probably give us a hint at his alignment, also on Td's agenda. Since today's lynchee is probably going to be MAD, we need more angles for tomorrow. This might give us some.

For Catt's concern about the Mafia gaining access to vote-swapping powers and powers in general: Whatever the Mafia gets, we get MORE than they do. We have the numeral advantage. The later in the game we use this resolution, the more likely the Mafia will benefit from it. Because if we are already winning, we won't need it anymore.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3161
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Catterick on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:44 am

Requiem wrote:So step one Vote: Yea. I honestly don't see where you're getting your theory from Catterick. He might have a power to push votes off himself? That's a pretty big jump from what I've seen. Further than that, as far as we're going, even if, on the very off chance you're right (That's a really big if), it tells us what Spoon can do, and gives us an idea of his alignment. Also, assuming I remember correct, but Spoon hasn't been active in the SA mafia game either, citing sickness as the cause. Not saying he's innocent, just giving you all a heads up.
I'm getting my theory from the fact that none of the votes on Spoon were counted, and that 5 votes mysteriously appeared on Smashbro.

Furthermore, even knowing Spoon's power, we would gain nothing of his alignment from it, unless it really gives us all nightkills, and I don't think that's likely.

Fed I still think this is too risky a proposal to undertake. It could potentially make next Day's voting a crapshoot.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 27
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:54 am

I understand your concerns, I just hope I was able to explain my motivation behind this proposal. It seemed to be the one with the most benefits out of the list I got.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3161
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Relmitos on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:04 am

Fedaykin wrote:Knowing Spoon's power will give probably give us a hint at his alignment

This keeps coming up, but like.......what if it doesn't?  Just based on the few roles we've been able to see(Whatever the hell happened to hang JGH, TD getting an extra vote for no real reason) it seems pretty clear that there's a lot of custom roles in this game.

Cop? Doc? Sure, I can get behind those showing obviously townie.  Vote switcher? Multiple votes? Whatever the hell Q's did? What do we decide if something like that shows up?


I don't think I agree that the chance of turning the next day's vote tally into throwing darts at the wall and seeing what sticks is worth seeing what could amount to nothing.

(I know Catt just said this, basically, but he and Fed ninja'd me while I was typing this out)

On another note, this

Requiem wrote:So step one Vote: Yea. I honestly don't see where you're getting your theory from Catterick. He might have a power to push votes off himself? That's a pretty big jump from what I've seen. Further than that, as far as we're going, even if, on the very off chance you're right (That's a really big if), it tells us what Spoon can do, and gives us an idea of his alignment.

It may just be me, but this struck me as trying to seriously downplay Catt's theory, way more then it needed to. Maybe it's nothing, though.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Requiem on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:32 am

Maybe so, but that's mostly because I really just cannot find the logic behind it. Even if there was a vote swap thing, powers are almost always used at night, unless they're passive (Like double voting) or a Governor's Lynch Stop. A mid day vote swap is super broken as a given power, and I just don't see it as being realistic to consider.

Requiem
Savior in Green

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 25
Location : Twin Lake, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:33 am

Resolution: Yea

Vote: Magician's Adviser

Why, you may ask? Mostly because I know I'm going down, and I figure this should make for a more interesting write-up. For what it's worth, you're not losing much getting rid of me. Best of luck, guys

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 171
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:54 am

Ok, I support the resolution, I think a public rolescan like this could be useful, but since the votes are already in favor of it, I'll hold my vote for later. If it starts to go the other way, I'll be voting to support it.

One thing that I want to know if if TD still has an additional vote, and if anyone else has gotten one. That could be a big turn in terms of who has the power later on, especially if TD still has 3, and someone else does.

TMA is getting a little weird for me, and the self-vote seems like a gambit to make us think he's a fool to buy himself more time. I'm not fully buying it, but I have to actually re-read what's been going on because I haven't been giving this game the attention it deserves.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:52 pm

Fist off Unvoting myself I'm sorry, that was dumb and I'm better than that. Anyway, I know I'm going down, I shouldn't have let my friendship with SA affect my judgement, nor should I have phrased it as stupidity earlier on in the phase. But if I'm leaving, I'm leaving behind some leads, and general scumhunt goodstuff. I'm primarily suspicious of Spoon, and Smashbro
Vote: Smashbro
This last nightkill looked like it was designed to make Catt look suspicious, and Smashbro tried to start a Cattwagon D1 with shaky logic. I will post in more detail when I get home from work

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 171
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:31 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum