MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Quaetam on Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:23 pm



Can we has lynch?

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:58 pm

Sorry I haven't been around, been super sick last few days. Stupid Cold/Plague/Illness. I know I've got a lot of catching up to do and more on my plate, but want to get this out of the way first;

Proposition: Nay

All I can say is that the proposition will not glean you the information you want it to... and that "I am more innocent then you can possibly imagine".

Also just throwing this out there, but has Snake confirmed that the "final tally" of MY votes on Smash being legit and not some sort of typo? Cause it is legit then it is more then just a touch disconcerting.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 464
Join date : 2009-12-28
Age : 30
Location : West Michigan

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  DarkFalco on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:14 pm

Can you elaborate any more spoon without giving it away? That doesn't really help us a whole lot. I'm going to hold off on my yes or no till you respond to that. Frankly, I think it would be a good idea, because we have no idea if you're bluffing or not.

slight fos at catterick with the whole target the people who haven't been talking. It's really early yet, and not a whole lot has happened. It's a really easy way for the maf to off people without looking suspicious. Just something to keep in mind

Sounds to me we need to talk a hard look at the list that was presented. To be honest I'm not sure about TMA. I'm leaning towards either a town or jester at this point based off of his reactions. Also TMA why smash out of curiosity?

Actually now that I really think, suicide_angel could have easily been the person that attacked Q. Going to leave the above anyway just so you know my stream of thought.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Smashy B on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:59 pm

SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:Also just throwing this out there, but has Snake confirmed that the "final tally" of MY votes on Smash being legit and not some sort of typo? Cause it is legit then it is more then just a touch disconcerting.

I know both our names begin with an 'S' but I doubt Snake would make that mistake. I guess I'm just secretly popular. :B I suspect someone interfered with your vote count, which makes me suspicious of you to be honest. I like the resolution Fedaykin proposed, though I would have preferred an actual public rolescan instead of everyone getting your power. If you're able to just shrug off votes, then Snake is going to have fun counting votes.

Vote: Yea

DarkFalco, I disagree when you say it's early and not a lot has happened. Not really an excuse for the inactives (including me) to lay low. However, I agree with targeting inactives being an easy ways for mafia to thin the numbers. Honestly, I'm not more or less suspicious of Catterick at the moment. I know I was first to vote him Day 1, but he stuck out to me then whereas Suicide's random vote didn't. Right now, I'm more suspicious of Barda.Took a moment to look at Relm's post again.

Relmitos wrote:SuicideAngel(6): Catterick, Relmitos x2, Avalanche, Fedaykin, Smashbro
TD260(1): Requiem
Requiem(1): Minby_Aran
Spoonman Abrams(4): TD260 x2, SuicideAngel, The Magician's Adviser
No one(1): Barda_Ehmos
Also suspicious that his vote
Why would Barda vote no one on Day 2? it's super suspicious how there wasn't a no vote in the nightphase tally and then 5 votes ended on me when Spoon only had 4 at the end of the day. I suspect Barda tried to
get Spoon lynched by secretly changing his vote on no one. Therefore,

Vote: Barda
And I change my resolution vote midposting (srsly) to Resolution: Nay.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Catterick on Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:54 am

barda_ehmos wrote:All are realy confuse for me, the president killing here lobbyist,, two persons died.
and everyone are incriminating each other about votes.
I choose to not voting that day.

Well this was Barda's post, and it's possible Snake didn't count it as a legit No One vote since nothing was bolded and the tense is weird. Also, Minby voted No One on Day 1 and this was also not counted in the write up tally. So I think Snake just doesn't count votes on Nobody.

The only thing that sticks out to me is that Barda decided not to vote fairly early in the Day, like it was premeditated. A townie would probably wait till later in the phase if they really wanted to abstain just in case more evidence showed up.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 26
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:02 am

I honestly don't believe that we can apply normal Mafia logic to Barda. This is the second game he plays, I believe, and he didn't really behave in a predictable way in the game I hosted.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3159
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:48 am

Wow, this has taken over an hour to write. This should not have taken over an hour to write, and then I fell asleep before hitting send, brilliant

I'm glad you asked DF. Anyway, I'm off work and at home, so it's time to do some general thoughts before I go the way off the gun
)
First off, something I don't think has been explicitly stated, but It should be noted that SA attempted to bandwagon Avalanche D1. and unless throwing your teammate under the bus with a random vote is a legit mafia play (which I doubt) I'm pretty sure Av is cleared as "not mafia" he could be 3rd party, but we have no reason to believe he's actively hurting anyone so

Thumbs up of Tentative Trust: Avalanche

That said, people have been leaving him well enough alone, so I guess all that kinda went without saying. I'll leave it in just in case

As for my vote and suspicion on Smashbro, it was largely an observation made on a rushed timescale. The nightkill was on Sah who has two key traits for the purposes of this write-up: he was minimally active, so he wouldn't be missed as much, and his only meaningful interactions were pointing fingers at Catt and SA. This makes it look a lot like a frame up job on Catterick, or that Catterick got sloppy. The former seems more likely. With this logic in mind I also think that Catterick is likely town. We now have the people that were casting votes and index fingers at Catt

Smashbro was the first to cast both a vote and a finger for an admittedly solid reason for D1
Second up is JGH27, who has been cleared by being a corpse
Third is Spoon, who we've all said should have been more active, but we have recently learned is sickly, which means I have to give him a tentative pass.
Fourth is Sahrimir, who is likewise cadavverific.

So, assuming my hunch that Sah's death was an attempted frame on Catt is right, that leaves two suspects, one of whom I can't vote in good conscience because his influenza addled bones are too distracted by bed rest to defend himself. he came online to give his reason for not posting, but instead of giving an explanation for any of his actions, he throws in a Star Wars reference. I hope you get better, but if you have time for jokes you have time for as many as five words giving even a weak explanation for at least one of your actions

Unvote: Smash
Vote: Spoonman

As for our inactives, I wouldn't worry too much about them, most of them are probably going the way of the banhammer by the end of the dayphase anyway, which is a shame, because I feel llike we'll be losing a lot of them, and statisitically most off them are probably town]

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 171
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Raya on Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:27 am

Fedaykin wrote:@Raya: From your reaction, I see, that you expected someone else. This position puts a spotlight on the person holding it. As you said yourself, I don't scream townie, but not mafia either.  Is it really so hard to believe, that this is enough? You weren't exactly confirmed townie either, when you got it(and you still aren't, though I think that you are town). This is a suspicion I can hardly defend against and so will any future SG, since the numbers will be dwindling and if we don't kill more scum, even more so.

The reason I chose this resolution is a rather simple one. As I said last dayphase, Spoon's lack of explanation for his actions made him look very odd. However, since he never really said anything connecting him to other people(except for voting Catterick), his death wouldn't give us much information.  Now people counterpushed on him over SA, who flipped mafian, with TD leading the charge. Knowing Spoon's power will give probably give us a hint at his alignment, also on Td's agenda. Since today's lynchee is probably going to be MAD, we need more angles for tomorrow. This might give us some.

Holy defensiveness Batman. You're now accusing me at being mafian for being elected last phase because I think it's odd you were this phase? I didn't vote for you last night, which means you needed a very minimum of 2 to be elected. To be safe, you probably needed 3 minimum. I'm just finding it off that suddenly you had all these SG votes dumped on you. I also disagree with targeting Spoon with the power. Surely it would have been more beneficial at this stage of the game to use it on someone more active (like Av or Relm), or someone contributing but staying low (Smash)? It just seems a waste to use it on such a quiet player when there's much better targets.

FoS: Fedaykin

I'm seeing the logic for lynching MAD here though, so:

Resolution: Nae
Vote: Magician's Adviser

_________________
HG/SS Friends Code: 2364 8721 9695   B/W Friends Code: 2193 7770 9554   X/Y Friends Code:1805-2682-3033
"Foxes never lose their tricks, do they?" - Quaetman
"We'll be going about our business one day and then someone will be like "hm, where's Barda" and Raya will all suspiciously be like "WELL DON'T LOOK AT ME"..." - Rocket Admin Camilla
King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4550
Join date : 2009-08-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:37 am

Just because there would have been better targets for the power to be used on, doesn't mean it's worth not using it at all. Information is power in this game, and the more information the town has, the better chance we have of winning. Vote Resolution: Yea

Barda, even as a townie, has the potential to hurt the town, because confusion is a bad thing, it's literally what the Mafia works to cause, so I would not be against lynching him if we get to the point where we have no leads.

And speaking of leads, Raya, it's unlike you to go into such little detail on why you think TMA is suspicious. I'm curious what your reasons are, even though I agree with the outcome.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2959
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  barda_ehmos on Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:47 am

Ok after all that i have used the Avalanche table because yes i've seen things who kind of hurting me like
maybe Catterick for double/triple count on her votes
and Spoonman for the "you don't vote for me but for ** because i want"

1/ stop to vote for Spoonman, that's just dangerous.... or everyone vote for him on 2 consecutive days, after day2 you can imagine his powerthat's why i Resolution:No that resolution is powerful and deserve to see anyone who don't vote for the same guy than a group, see me, see Quote, see DarkFalco, you can not see affiliation but that's powerful, if you can change your resolution for any other one, i'm in, if not i hope for the next SG to do the same.

2/
Fedaykin wrote:I honestly don't believe that we can apply normal Mafia logic to Barda. This is the second game he plays, I believe, and he didn't really behave in a predictable way in the game I hosted.
 i love you buddy.
Yes this is my second game and please be kind, i'm not a regular player.

3/
Smashy B wrote:Also suspicious that his vote
Why would Barda vote no one on Day 2? it's super suspicious how there wasn't a no vote in the nightphase tally and then 5 votes ended on me when Spoon only had 4 at the end of the day. I suspect Barda tried to
get Spoon lynched by secretly changing his vote on no one. Therefore,
You're an asshole, trying to find the killer on day one, it's bullshit and trying to find anything on day 2 is a try for have friends on firsts votes. that's bullshit too.


4/
Catterick wrote:
Well this was Barda's post, and it's possible Snake didn't count it as a legit No One vote since nothing was bolded and the tense is weird. Also, Minby voted No One on Day 1 and this was also not counted in the write up tally. So I think Snake just doesn't count votes on Nobody.
Cat ... the rules !! dam'n, if anyone use "vote:" in bold, that count, this is the rule. i choose to vote nobody because vote seriously on day 1/2 and maybe 3 are kind of dumb or the voting guy know things.
... And vote for a guy because he was a townie/mafia on "the past two games" are completely dumb.
If you have the power i think, stop voting or be sure about what you're doing.

Sooooooooo, if you want to vote me, i don't care, if you don't, i don't care too but think about you with my heart.

Ps: thank you avalanche for your vote board, that's great for seeing where everyone goes but why JGH and Suicide don't have the same color?

PSS: i don't vote, because i'm trying things on my side !

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

Posts : 865
Join date : 2010-07-12
Age : 28
Location : on my head... for the moment.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:06 am

Fedaykin wrote:You weren't exactly confirmed townie either, when you got it(and you still aren't, though I think that you are town)

@Raya: Thanks for putting words in my mouth that I didn't say. I pointed out, that at the moment of our elections, we both weren't 100% confirmed town and we still aren't. I figured from your reaction, that you didn't vote me and just because I got voted doesn't make me mafian, nor did it make it you mafian. I stated my reasons for using the resolution on Spoon. Btw, have you noticed Spoon dropping in, just saying nay and vanishing again? I was hoping to get more out of him too, since he is a good player and I would have liked to see more of him(come on, Mr. Mayor). This just makes me more curious. So no, we can agree to disagree over the use of the resolution, welcome to democracy.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3159
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:32 pm

For now i'm going to vote: yea on the resolution, simply because he hasn't shown up to respond to my question. It's subject to change if he responds.

Also raya you do realize that Fed actually was defending you a few posts back on your decision? If anything he's been more on your side than not this day phase.

Question since I may have missed this, but don't remember reading it. Are we allowed to say who we voted in as SG?


*edited just to bold the yes vote since i forgot >.>

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Avalanche on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:09 pm

I feel like I'm being driven into an awkward position here, because again my biggest concern lies with the unlynchable Secretary General. Not saying Fedaykin can't be SG but saying that he probably wouldn't be SG under legitimate voting circumstances. Best case scenario I can think of casts him as a vote-switcher who pushed for Raya the second dayphase, which would be a strange course of action.

Worst case scenario has him as a mafia backed Secretary General, which also doesn't make sense. If a mafian wanted to push a SG to benefit them, they'd probably pick one of the inactives like Quote. I'd say he's a mafian himself but he was the second person overal to cast a vote on Suicide, and you don't create a possible bandwagon against fellow mafians on day 1.

Regardless, I call shenanigans.

Proposition vote: yes

Partially because I am very curious to see how that particular brand of mayhem will play out but mainly because I imagine it will benefit the town more than the mafians. Best case scenario, Spoon is a doctor or something crazy useful. Fun case scenario the guy is a busdriver and everyone gets messed up. Worst case scenario, he is a vigilante and no one survives past the night thereafter.

The votes are currently:

4 on Magicians Advisor
1 on Barda
1 on Spoonman

Seems like MAD can't escape the noose, which is alright. He seems our current likeliest lead on potential mafians. It does mean that the voting record will become increasingly conveluted. Mafians will throw other mafians under the bus to escape prosecution themselves, which is honestly the only reason I am not a 100% certain of MAD's alignment. However, 80% is still well within the acceptable margin.

vote: Magician's Advisor

As for next targets, chances are Snake will eliminate Quote and TheTJ next dayphase. So that might shed some light on our biggest inactives. Spoon may or may not be getting a public scan soon, so that's nice. Outside of that, I would love to see more of TD, Smash and DF in the thread.

Also, just for Barda. JGH was a third party called coffee lobby or something, so I made that brown. Suicide was mafian, so that was red. Expect more colors if it turns out there are more third parties.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5783
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 24
Location : Land of Dykes and Drugs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:53 pm

DarkFalco wrote:Can you elaborate any more spoon without giving it away? That doesn't really help us a whole lot. I'm going to hold off on my yes or no till you respond to that. Frankly, I think it would be a good idea, because we have no idea if you're bluffing or not.
Considering how the "role claim rule" or w/e you'd call it is written for this game, I don't know. I guess I shall give it the old college try.

In application, my ability is about as neutral as you can get. In practice, it's generally been pro-town (in my experience, anyway), but is usually regarded by fellow players as scummy, especially when used as a claim. I can guarantee you it will give you no bearing on my alignment, and will probably serve to make our current problems even more convoluted if anything.

barda_ehmos wrote:Ps: thank you avalanche for your vote board, that's great for seeing where everyone goes but why JGH and Suicide don't have the same color?
Because they're not on the same side. Suicide was Mafia and JGH was Third Party (Cult, or SK, or Survivor, etc) (I saw Av already answered the Q but just for clarification purposes)




This took an hour? An "analysis" on whammied vote count and two cadavers (that gave us absolutely no information at all)?

VOTES: Magician

FoS @ Catterick

I still don't trust them the slightest, and if I didn't already know better his last two posts come off as almost knowing more then he should, if not trying to appear that way on purpose. If I knew it could be done, he would be my choice for a lynch to see what is making him tick if someone could just Vig/Daykill Magician and get him out of the way now.

An idea I started forming Day 2, but didn't get a chance to elaborate on, but especially now with the way the last 2 days went down lead me to believe that;

A: Suicide was very likely bussed, and was set-up to take the fall eventually, though probably not last night if it wasn't for Smash's timely last-minute vote switch.

B: Contrary to belief, I don't think vote switching shenanigans are to blame for the near mislynch of Smash. My theory is something probably more akin to a daytime Busdriver (going from my first point, probably set-up the night before). And no, before anyone goes off the deepend, that's not me trying to hint my ability. It is considerably much tamer then anything like that Neutral

C: Smash for Town read Secretary General

Also, Barda for my only (other) town read currently, and premptive pick for next days Secretary General. Srsly.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 464
Join date : 2009-12-28
Age : 30
Location : West Michigan

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Smashy B on Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:56 pm

SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:A: Suicide was very likely bussed, and was set-up to take the fall eventually, though probably not last night if it wasn't for Smash's timely last-minute vote switch.
It wasn't a vote switch, it was my first vote of the phase. Just clarifying. The theory on Suicide being bus driven is plausible now that you bring it up.

I think I have an idea what Spoon's role is. I'm probably (very) wrong though and not going to publicly make a guess yet, but I'm leaning more to trusting Spoonman as of now. My vote for nay on theresolution stays. Also,
Unvote: Barda
Vote: Magician's Advisor
If Barda is a town read to you then I'll take my vote off and add a nail in TMA's coffin. And just in case if there are any more vote stealing shenanigans.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:16 pm

SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:
DarkFalco wrote:Can you elaborate any more spoon without giving it away? That doesn't really help us a whole lot. I'm going to hold off on my yes or no till you respond to that. Frankly, I think it would be a good idea, because we have no idea if you're bluffing or not.
Considering how the "role claim rule" or w/e you'd call it is written for this game, I don't know. I guess I shall give it the old college try.

In application, my ability is about as neutral as you can get. In practice, it's generally been pro-town (in my experience, anyway), but is usually regarded by fellow players as scummy, especially when used as a claim. I can guarantee you it will give you no bearing on my alignment, and will probably serve to make our current problems even more convoluted if anything.

barda_ehmos wrote:Ps: thank you avalanche for your vote board, that's great for seeing where everyone goes but why JGH and Suicide don't have the same color?
Because they're not on the same side. Suicide was Mafia and JGH was Third Party (Cult, or SK, or Survivor, etc) (I saw Av already answered the Q but just for clarification purposes)




This took an hour? An "analysis" on whammied vote count and two cadavers (that gave us absolutely no information at all)?

VOTES: Magician

FoS @ Catterick

I still don't trust them the slightest, and if I didn't already know better his last two posts come off as almost knowing more then he should, if not trying to appear that way on purpose. If I knew it could be done, he would be my choice for a lynch to see what is making him tick if someone could just Vig/Daykill Magician and get him out of the way now.

An idea I started forming Day 2, but didn't get a chance to elaborate on, but especially now with the way the last 2 days went down lead me to believe that;

A: Suicide was very likely bussed, and was set-up to take the fall eventually, though probably not last night if it wasn't for Smash's timely last-minute vote switch.

B: Contrary to belief, I don't think vote switching shenanigans are to blame for the near mislynch of Smash. My theory is something probably more akin to a daytime Busdriver (going from my first point, probably set-up the night before). And no, before anyone goes off the deepend, that's not me trying to hint my ability. It is considerably much tamer then anything like that Neutral

C: Smash for Town read Secretary General

Also, Barda for my only (other) town read currently, and premptive pick for next days Secretary General. Srsly.
It took an hour because my laptop kept freezing on me. Stupid thing has like, 2 gigs of RAM

EDIT: Shouldn't the day phase have already ended?

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 171
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:45 pm

I'm not sure. However I'm retracting my yes and voting no on the resolution. I'm going to trust spoon for the moment.

Also I went back and reread some things. I'd like to slightly fos: minby. His posts haven't really been about much at all. They've been super safe. And his name was also on the list.It's making me wonder about him a bit, enough to keep an eye on him.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Relmitos on Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:59 am

Should've posted something way sooner, but I didn't, so here we go now.

SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:A: Suicide was very likely bussed, and was set-up to take the fall eventually, though probably not last night if it wasn't for Smash's timely last-minute vote switch.

While I will not deny this is very possible, I find it unlikely if my theory of Suicide being the god father prove to be accurate. There's no situation I can think of where bussing the god father is a good plan. We'll need another scum flip for me to further gauge if that theory is accurate, however. As seen, Suicide flipped Emperor and that seems to be a really high ranking in terms of ruling goes. If more mafians flip as something like, say, Pharaoh, King, or Chieftain, I'll reconsider my position on Suicide and thus the possibility of a bussing.

But for now, let's assume a bussing DID actually happen on Suicide.

D1:                                                                                    

Magician(1): Requiem                                                                       
Requiem(2): Relmitos, Barda
Avalanche(1): Magician
Relmitos(1): DarkFalco
Quaetam(1): TD
Suicide(4): Raya, Fedaykin, Avalanche, Quaetam
JGH(3): TheTJ, Catterick, Suicide
Catterick(3): Smashbro, JGH, Spoonman


D2:

SuicideAngel(6): Catterick, Relmitos x2, Avalanche, Fedaykin, Smashbro
TD260(1): Requiem
Requiem(1): Minby_Aran
Spoonman Abrams(4): TD260 x2, SuicideAngel, The Magician's Adviser
No one(1): Barda_Ehmos


Only people that kept their vote on Suicide from day 1 to day 2 were Avalanche and Fedaykin. You could make an argument that Raya would probably also have put her vote back on Suicide if she was allowed to vote, since she wasn't allowed to actually vote, but we cannot assume that.

If the mafia was voting on Suicide to bus him to look better when he finally did hang, but didn't want him to hang D2? That would suggest only Raya and Q. That's based on who voted on him D1 but not D2. Q is town and Raya just couldn't vote however, so this doesn't help much.      You could try to suggest Avalanche and Fedaykin were still bussing him in this case, but if the goal is to just bus and not hang, why would they vote on him when they did, while he was currently leading in the votes? The only votes that were given at that point in time when Avalanche voted on Suicide, were the ones on Suicide, Td, and Requiem. Spoon didn't get votes until later. When Fed's vote happened, it was already 4 votes on Suicide with just 2 on Spoon. To suggest that Fedaykin and Avalanche were also bussing without intent to hang, would be to suggest they voted on Suicide hoping that the slew of inactives would suddenly get on Spoon before the day ended. That just seems unlikely to me.


If they were bussing with intent to hang this early, that would put Avalanche, Fedaykin, and Raya back on the table. That being said, why would they hang a fellow mafian on day *2*? That early in the game there's still a lot of confusion among the town as to who is who, and not pushing his lynch that hard would buy them another townie lynch or two before they lost anyone at all, most likely. It makes little sense to me as to why they would do that.

SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:C: Smash for Town read 


Agree. At the point he voted, if he was mafia, he could've just not posted at all and it wouldn't really be that farfetched to believe he just was being inactive like a few others. If he had not, Suicide and Spoon would've been tied and that would've risked either a no lynch or a double lynch that would've also brought down more then just Suicide for the day. Fact of the matter is, his last minute vote did see just Suicide hang instead of both Suicide and someone I don't really have a strong feeling of being mafian for at this moment, or just a no lynch that would've kept a mafian alive and made the following day another mess of "Suicide or no?"

For Fed, I'm sorry to say but I feel that I must agree with Raya and Avalanche's sentiments on how unlikely it seems you were voted SG. I didn't want to say it in my earlier posts because I didn't want to give anyone else the idea straight up because I wanted to see if anyone else shared my thoughts on it, turns out some did. Not going to lie, when Snake announced who the SG was, my first thoughts were "WHAT?!?!? FED?!?! Why would the town possibly pick him when he hasn't been as active as a few other people?" I will note I won't condemn him as mafia just because he got voted in because this is a two way street. Would the mafia vote him in so they can pick a potentially useless resolution, or would they vote someone unlikely to be picked into SG to make people think, as it appears some might have thought as much, "Surely he's mafian, there's no way he could've been voted in otherwise."

As an aside, going to Vote: Nay on the proposal. I can't reasonably justify potentially throwing off the voting of the next day phase just to get a power that won't necessarily redeem or condemn Spoon. It might, but it might not.

Finally I will say, I'll put my name forward for possible SG. I had considered doing it the previous day phase but was afraid it would paint a large target on my back, still am. That said the town needs to pick someone who would pick the best resolution for the town and I intend to do just that. That and I'd like to see the list of resolutions in order to see what other options Raya and Fed could've went with but elected not to so I could possibly determine if they did indeed pick the best ones. Vote Relmitos for SG 2015.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3665
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:19 am

SO I would start this off with a vote for TMA, because I think he is the best lead, and feel free to judge me based on actually making this vote if it turns out to be the wrong decision, but the votes are already overwhelming in favor of lynching him, so I'm not going to spend the vote there.

That being said, I don't buy that not knowing something is ever a good idea for the town. The game is all about information, and the mafia starts with an advantage because they have it. We are essentially voting to know more or less, and voting more is the correct option to go if you're town. Even if it is very minor information, it can potentially help later in the game. So because of that, I'll use my second vote to Vote Resolution: Yea

And, in keeping with my theme from yesterday of meekly calling people out on little things, the "Strom Thurmond Hypocrite of the game" award goes to Dark Falco. I've posted more substance and more often than you so far this game, and I could be the benchline for when someone is not being active enough. Now, I don't have a problem with people not being super active, or being a bit weak early in the game, especially with life going on, but to call out someone doing the same, c'mon. Now, I'm not necessarily suspicious of you, but it raises an eyebrow.

And finally, Relm, I didn't know we could campaign to be SG. If I'd have known, I'd make a bunch of clever campaign posters, have a witty slogan, and run smear campaigns against the rest of you guys. Seriously, though, obviously I'd want to be SG too, but the current resolution votes aren't showing me that everyone supports my idea of "always giving the town more information", so I'm not sure the majority would want me to be SG anyway.

And as I was typing that, I remembered that TD never answered about his extra vote. I'm still curious.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2959
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Relmitos on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:57 am

Minby_Aran wrote:And finally, Relm, I didn't know we could campaign to be SG. If I'd have known, I'd make a bunch of clever campaign posters, have a witty slogan, and run smear campaigns against the rest of you guys. Seriously, though, obviously I'd want to be SG too, but the current resolution votes aren't showing me that everyone supports my idea of "always giving the town more information", so I'm not sure the majority would want me to be SG anyway.

And as I was typing that, I remembered that TD never answered about his extra vote. I'm still curious.

Snake never said we couldn't, and I'm not even the first one to try.


I have a theory about Td's extra vote, but I'd like to hear it from him before I comment on it.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3665
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Dayphase ends around 10:00 my time, so those of you who haven't voted on a lynch have a chance to do so, and likewise for passing the resolution.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5848
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Catterick on Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:47 pm

I also did not vote for Fed. However, it is possible the mafia voted him in to frame him. Also, if the mafia are down a few members due to death and inactivity, their power to shape the SG vote may be overstated anyway.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2009-05-23
Age : 26
Location : La Ville Inconnue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:49 pm

Yes I've been about as bad as far as inactivity goes, but it doesn't change the fact that it isn't true. And while you have posted more than me minby, they haven't exactly been in depth posts either. Like I said, more of a "safe" post style.
H
Also i'll be honest, i'm not really feeling like TMA is scum. Having said that, I don't have any super strong feelings towards any particular person. I do find it odd that raya has been absent since fed called her out, but she could just be busy.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:13 pm

Well, if I'm going down and can't really find any decent leads to help out with, then I'm at least going to leave with some words of inspiration



It's been fun guys, also, fuck you Suicide Angel

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 171
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:24 am

Lol, Relm, just joking around, no insult meant by it. My point is, I think everyone would be willing to trade their votes for lynch immunity and a little peek behind the curtain of what's possible for the position so we can have a better grasp on where the last two SGs got their choices from. I will say, almost as a system of checks, we're probably safer electing new people to the position so they can check each other, because if we keep electing the same two people, and they're both mafia, they could easily cover for themselves.

Also, TD, seriously, I know you've been active on the forum outside of the game. The question is hanging in the air like few others have so far.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2959
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: MAFIA GAME 29: THE RETURN

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:45 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum